Micro 687: Vanilluxe Mafia - Mafia Victory!!!

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #475 (ISO) » Mon Feb 27, 2017 4:22 pm

Post by Eddie Cane »

In post 276, Fro99er wrote:
In post 216, Bellaphant wrote:anyway. i'm town. lowell is confusing af, bork is town, gl might be town. :) come talk to me.
I'm town too, I'm just not there yet with you if you are.

I agree with Lowell, but more than confusing I think he's just being shallow. I hate shallow reads, that's why I jumped on Sheep that last game.

Agree bork is town and GL is town. GL reminds me of PV or Anatole Kuragin when I read them boht as town in MAFIACEPTOIN despite both of them pushing hard on me. They both just seemed like they really believed what they were saying, even though they were wrong. I'm getting that vibe from GL too, that he really thinks I'm not playing intellectually (which I'm biting my tongue about) or with a deep understanding of the game. But he doesn't understand that my gravitation this game is toward you and figuring you out as soon as possible and that's why it's so important to me, and he also doesn't understand that I take note of how people read me. I get wary of WKs/buddying of me, and I'm wary when people scum read me but don't do anything with it.

Our reads are close which makes me feel a bit better, but I'm still relying on the meta that I know of you and I'm just not there yet B.
I said the early part of 276 and this is what I was referring to. it is in the same boat as the above posts I linked, and really appears LAMIST to me. does not seem like a necessary edition to the post.
Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #476 (ISO) » Mon Feb 27, 2017 4:23 pm

Post by Eddie Cane »

In post 474, borkjerfkin wrote:
In post 473, Eddie Cane wrote:it just didn't develop.
maybe it didn't develop because that's not what's actually happening
becuase it's early d1 and it was happening RECENTLY? there's already 3 examples I've brought up now.
borkjerfkin
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
Xenophile
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #477 (ISO) » Mon Feb 27, 2017 4:26 pm

Post by borkjerfkin »

3 examples of what? reaching out to her? you're saying 'this has the potential to become buddying' (which in itself might not be scummy) with no buddying

town call themselves town all the time; i had never seen the LAMIST acronym before this game and if i ever see it again it'll be too soon; its a confbiasy term designed to make your argument sound better than it is (not saying you're scum for using it; it just doesn't lead toward any revelations)
beefycheese
Fro99er
Fro99er
Survivor
Fro99er
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #478 (ISO) » Mon Feb 27, 2017 4:26 pm

Post by Fro99er »

In post 475, Eddie Cane wrote:
In post 276, Fro99er wrote:
In post 216, Bellaphant wrote:anyway. i'm town. lowell is confusing af, bork is town, gl might be town. :) come talk to me.
I'm town too, I'm just not there yet with you if you are.

I agree with Lowell, but more than confusing I think he's just being shallow. I hate shallow reads, that's why I jumped on Sheep that last game.

Agree bork is town and GL is town. GL reminds me of PV or Anatole Kuragin when I read them boht as town in MAFIACEPTOIN despite both of them pushing hard on me. They both just seemed like they really believed what they were saying, even though they were wrong. I'm getting that vibe from GL too, that he really thinks I'm not playing intellectually (which I'm biting my tongue about) or with a deep understanding of the game. But he doesn't understand that my gravitation this game is toward you and figuring you out as soon as possible and that's why it's so important to me, and he also doesn't understand that I take note of how people read me. I get wary of WKs/buddying of me, and I'm wary when people scum read me but don't do anything with it.

Our reads are close which makes me feel a bit better, but I'm still relying on the meta that I know of you and I'm just not there yet B.
I said the early part of 276 and this is what I was referring to. it is in the same boat as the above posts I linked, and really appears LAMIST to me. does not seem like a necessary edition to the post.

So the boldest is the issue?

Go look at any game with me and Bella in it
"I officially announce Fro99er the king of guilties because this is the second time he has guiltied a slot I was really unsure about.
Heil King Froggo.
Ribbit ribbit." -Transcend
borkjerfkin
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
Xenophile

Post Post #479 (ISO) » Mon Feb 27, 2017 4:27 pm

Post by borkjerfkin »

wondering if i legit totally mcfucked the bella read early game because TTTT's recent post is a good post
beefycheese
Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #480 (ISO) » Mon Feb 27, 2017 4:28 pm

Post by Eddie Cane »

In post 388, Fro99er wrote:
In post 287, Eddie Cane wrote:this is why I'm voting sbf. she has done 0. 0. she came back and produced nothing. I want her to take stances and start posting.
See, I also take issue with this.

Bella -- this is exactly what sheep did in our game we just finished. Just voting for pressure but not doing anything with it.
So bork, do you not consider this buddying? not a rhetoric question, I've been told I use the term buddying differently than most people on this site so it might just be me.
borkjerfkin
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
Xenophile

Post Post #481 (ISO) » Mon Feb 27, 2017 4:30 pm

Post by borkjerfkin »

it could be called a mild form of buddying but i think a townread on bella has to preclude it and on a level it's just trying to get your scumreads lynched

like if he'd said it to me would it be buddying?
beefycheese
borkjerfkin
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
Xenophile

Post Post #482 (ISO) » Mon Feb 27, 2017 4:31 pm

Post by borkjerfkin »

for two people who know each other well, between frog and bella i see a lot more evidence of the former trying to read the latter than the reverse
beefycheese
Fro99er
Fro99er
Survivor
Fro99er
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #483 (ISO) » Mon Feb 27, 2017 4:32 pm

Post by Fro99er »

How is that buddying.

That's me appealing to Bella that she should be listening to my read on you because Injust saw the EXACT same thing happen elsewhere.

I could say this to any other person in this game but they wouldn't get it because they weren't in that prior game with me. But Bella was
"I officially announce Fro99er the king of guilties because this is the second time he has guiltied a slot I was really unsure about.
Heil King Froggo.
Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #484 (ISO) » Mon Feb 27, 2017 4:34 pm

Post by Eddie Cane »

In post 481, borkjerfkin wrote:it could be called a mild form of buddying but i think a townread on bella has to preclude it and on a level it's just trying to get your scumreads lynched

like if he'd said it to me would it be buddying?
If he just completed a game with you, yea. Mafia is a psychological game and I'm a psychology student so I overanalyze some aspects. not really relevant here though.

did you read my initial post on frogger / have thoughts on it?

I have work at 5 am I really need to sleep but my brain is all juicy >_>
Fro99er
Fro99er
Survivor
Fro99er
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #485 (ISO) » Mon Feb 27, 2017 4:35 pm

Post by Fro99er »

Wait so now it's buddying if I completed a recent game?
Heil King Froggo.
Fro99er
Fro99er
Survivor
Fro99er
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #486 (ISO) » Mon Feb 27, 2017 4:35 pm

Post by Fro99er »

With that person
Heil King Froggo.
Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #487 (ISO) » Mon Feb 27, 2017 4:37 pm

Post by Eddie Cane »

another example of not reading (eye roll emoji idk how to do)

"Bella -- this is exactly what sheep did in our game we just finished. Just voting for pressure but not doing anything with it."

how would this interaction make sense if you hasn't just completed a game? huh?
Fro99er
Fro99er
Survivor
Fro99er
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #488 (ISO) » Mon Feb 27, 2017 4:38 pm

Post by Fro99er »

That's my point.

How is that buddying?

Why isn't that just me trying to show her why I'm scumreading you? I dunno about you but when's i scumread someone I try to get others to see why.
Heil King Froggo.
Fro99er
Fro99er
Survivor
Fro99er
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #489 (ISO) » Mon Feb 27, 2017 4:39 pm

Post by Fro99er »

In post 487, Eddie Cane wrote:another example of not reading
This is also clearly bullshit. Even if I misinterpreted you this is bullshit about me not reading and is just a lame attempt to throw shade on me
Heil King Froggo.
Fro99er
Fro99er
Survivor
Fro99er
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #490 (ISO) » Mon Feb 27, 2017 4:40 pm

Post by Fro99er »

Everyone should be sheeping me on eddie
Heil King Froggo.
Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #491 (ISO) » Mon Feb 27, 2017 4:41 pm

Post by Eddie Cane »

2 part reply spicy

a) tons of people scumread people and don't make arguments at the time or even at all. some players ie transcend do it consistently.

b) but, the more on topic answer is that it's the wording. you're agreeing with her, feeding her the answer. it's psychological manipulation.
Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #492 (ISO) » Mon Feb 27, 2017 4:42 pm

Post by Eddie Cane »

In post 489, Fro99er wrote:
In post 487, Eddie Cane wrote:another example of not reading
This is also clearly bullshit. Even if I misinterpreted you this is bullshit about me not reading and is just a lame attempt to throw shade on me
It was sarcasm as the line after it you left out of your quote suggested. and, on that note, you're giving me a headache and i think weve been back and forth enough so I truly am done replying to you.
borkjerfkin
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
Xenophile

Post Post #493 (ISO) » Mon Feb 27, 2017 4:43 pm

Post by borkjerfkin »

In post 484, Eddie Cane wrote:I have work at 5 am I really need to sleep but my brain is all juicy >_>
? i did read it and i'm rereading it.

Don't agree with your activity point at all.

I think he's interacted well with most people, I am ok with putting extra effort on Bella esp if he hasn't figured her out yet.

I think a lot of the other stuff is gut; there is nothing strictly wrong with that but I can't really corroborate it with you and it's going against my intuition that he is one of the few people attempting to solve the game.

I don't want to really shut the argument down because there is a lot of good stuff able to be taken away from this hopefully by more than just me
beefycheese
borkjerfkin
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
Xenophile

Post Post #494 (ISO) » Mon Feb 27, 2017 4:44 pm

Post by borkjerfkin »

In post 490, Fro99er wrote:Everyone should be sheeping me on eddie
still don't agree and I'm not sure what to do about it because I'm not sure it's easily articulated
beefycheese
Fro99er
Fro99er
Survivor
Fro99er
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #495 (ISO) » Mon Feb 27, 2017 4:45 pm

Post by Fro99er »

In post 491, Eddie Cane wrote:b) but, the more on topic answer is that it's the wording. you're agreeing with her, feeding her the answer. it's psychological manipulation.

How is this...
In post 487, Eddie Cane wrote:"Bella -- this is exactly what sheep did in our game we just finished. Just voting for pressure but not doing anything with it"
...me agreeing with her?

Unless you are referring to something else (before you accuse me of not reading again)
Heil King Froggo.
Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #496 (ISO) » Mon Feb 27, 2017 4:46 pm

Post by Eddie Cane »

In post 493, borkjerfkin wrote:
In post 484, Eddie Cane wrote:I have work at 5 am I really need to sleep but my brain is all juicy >_>
? i did read it and i'm rereading it.

Don't agree with your activity point at all.

I think he's interacted well with most people, I am ok with putting extra effort on Bella esp if he hasn't figured her out yet.

I think a lot of the other stuff is gut; there is nothing strictly wrong with that but I can't really corroborate it with you and it's going against my intuition that he is one of the few people attempting to solve the game.

I don't want to really shut the argument down because there is a lot of good stuff able to be taken away from this hopefully by more than just me
Yea

and again, remember that I already said it's not a super strong scum read. it'd why I scum lean him, though he's definitely below Sobolev now.

I'm also interested for what sbf says on the matter, and of course bella since she's a large part.
borkjerfkin
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
Xenophile

Post Post #497 (ISO) » Mon Feb 27, 2017 4:47 pm

Post by borkjerfkin »

In post 496, Eddie Cane wrote:and again, remember that I already said it's not a super strong scum read.
i know.
beefycheese
Fro99er
Fro99er
Survivor
Fro99er
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #498 (ISO) » Mon Feb 27, 2017 5:03 pm

Post by Fro99er »

I want to hear more about the timestamps and the timing of my posts Eddie
Heil King Froggo.
Fro99er
Fro99er
Survivor
Fro99er
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #499 (ISO) » Mon Feb 27, 2017 5:04 pm

Post by Fro99er »

In post 494, borkjerfkin wrote:
In post 490, Fro99er wrote:Everyone should be sheeping me on eddie
still don't agree and I'm not sure what to do about it because I'm not sure it's easily articulated
What don't you agree with.
Heil King Froggo.

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”