Micro 687: Vanilluxe Mafia - Mafia Victory!!!

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
SweetBlueFlowers
SweetBlueFlowers
Goon
SweetBlueFlowers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #200 (ISO) » Tue Feb 21, 2017 7:26 pm

Post by SweetBlueFlowers »

I'm not particularly enchanted by Cain's anti-town opening or their apparent discontentment with my vote. I haven't seen anything from the slot that would warrant me unvoting. For those who asked, I did not enter RVS.

My gender is female.
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Tue Feb 21, 2017 7:39 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 191, Aristophanes wrote:It's no Pagetop, but it will have to do.

VC 1.5
SweetBlueFlowers
(2): Eddie Cane , GuiltyLion
Eddie Cane
(2): SweetBlueFlowers , Fro99er
GuiltyLion
(1): Sobolev Space
Bellaphant
(1): Lowell
Fro99er
(1): Bellaphant
borkjerfkin
(1): TTTT

Not Voting
(1): borkjerfkin

With 9 alive, it takes 5 votes to lynch.
Day one ends March 4th at 1pm EST, or in (expired on 2017-03-04 13:00:00)

Mod Notes:
Lowell is V/LA until Thursday
Quoted for pagetop!
Half meme, Half real, All Aristophanes ;)
- Jingle
Ari has appeared way too competent for me to even pretend to know what they're thinking
- MooseEatsBear on discord mafia
it wouldn’t be an ari sig unless it takes up half the screen on mobile - Vonflare
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Tue Feb 21, 2017 7:39 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

Dammit!
- Jingle
Ari has appeared way too competent for me to even pretend to know what they're thinking
it wouldn’t be an ari sig unless it takes up half the screen on mobile - Vonflare
TTTT
TTTT
Jack of All Trades
TTTT
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Wed Feb 22, 2017 3:17 am

Post by TTTT »

VOTE: eddie
someone should add another vote and make this L-1
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Wed Feb 22, 2017 3:38 am

Post by Lowell »

The eddie wagon is bad and you should feel bad.

eddie and TTTT are the only strong town reads for me at teh moment. bork is close.

froggy wants a vote, so let's have at it.

VOTE: froggy

His case against eddie is based on some incredibly weak logic, and looks like he just picked a random easy target and reverse-engineered some dumb meta shit. I don't want to be that guy rushing to whiteknight eddie, but yeah it has come to that. froggy needs to go.
TTTT
TTTT
Jack of All Trades
TTTT
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Wed Feb 22, 2017 3:41 am

Post by TTTT »

In post 204, Lowell wrote:The eddie wagon is bad and you should feel bad.
i have reasons
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Wed Feb 22, 2017 3:55 am

Post by Lowell »

Awesome. I feel better now.
Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Wed Feb 22, 2017 5:38 am

Post by Eddie Cane »

In post 200, SweetBlueFlowers wrote:I'm not particularly enchanted by Cain's anti-town opening or their apparent discontentment with my vote. I haven't seen anything from the slot that would warrant me unvoting. For those who asked, I did not enter RVS.

My gender is female.
lol

my anti town opening of naked voting myself?

I'm not particularly enchanted by your third post in the game being bad and the other 2 being worse.

I am keeping my vote here.
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #208 (ISO) » Wed Feb 22, 2017 9:00 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 189, borkjerfkin wrote:
In post 169, GuiltyLion wrote:{bork,
TTTT
}
{
lowell
, eddie}
{SS, bella}
{fro99er}
{SBF}
I'd like to pick your brain about the bolded

specifically I don't think TTTT has done really anything but throw out some vaguely reasoned townreads and asked a couple questions; was surprised to see him on your top tier
lowell I just don't really have a good handle on; I find him opaque and don't empathize with the reasoning behind most of his reads
so I don't really expect everyone else to agree with me on this, but rang town for me for a few reasons:
- the strong SS townread seems unnatural to come from scum - I don't think SS has done anything especially obvtown this game to force a TR, and I would expect scum to try to keep her mislynchable if she's town. I also don't see much of an incentive for a scum!TTTT to try to defend/TR a town!SS here either because she's also not receiving a lot of attention/wagon pressure. Basically, I don't think it's an angle that scum!TTTT would have taken with his reads here, especially this early.
- he mentions being "nervous" about fro99er which I imagine is coming from the same suspicion/issues I had with his posts, before I had come to the thread to bring those up
- he actually doesn't give a read on you when he answered the question. I think someone operating from a scum mindset would be more likely to throw in a read on the person questioning them, instead it reads to me like he's in a mindset of genuinely giving you info to work with.

Lowell I wouldn't say I have a good handle on either, just mostly feels like he's legitimately trying to game-solve. I'd say him reversing his read on you from to is the thing that vibes town to me the most, but it's definitely a weaker read.
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #209 (ISO) » Wed Feb 22, 2017 9:06 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 199, Sobolev Space wrote:On a more serious note, I've skimmed through Frog's iso in a couple other games and I'm not seeing this as scum. His play in Mini 1734 (http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=53&t=63822) reminds me a lot of his this game (although I haven't read it too in depth). Null for now.
what specifically about his play in that game reminds you of this game? What other games did you skim? And why go through the motion of explaining this just to shelve him at a nullread?
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #210 (ISO) » Wed Feb 22, 2017 9:09 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

I will say that the reasoning for my TR on TTTT is dependent on SS actually being town. A SS scumflip would swing me to taking a harder look at TTTT again. Eddie asked him about why he was townreading SS, I'd like to see him answer that
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #211 (ISO) » Wed Feb 22, 2017 9:17 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

also in thinking about it more I feel this setup incentivizes scum to either lay the foundation for a strong and consistent TR on their partner on D3 or bus them prior to D3, so I guess we should all be on the look out for that
Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #212 (ISO) » Wed Feb 22, 2017 9:18 am

Post by Eddie Cane »

In post 208, GuiltyLion wrote:
In post 189, borkjerfkin wrote:
In post 169, GuiltyLion wrote:{bork,
TTTT
}
{
lowell
, eddie}
{SS, bella}
{fro99er}
{SBF}
I'd like to pick your brain about the bolded

specifically I don't think TTTT has done really anything but throw out some vaguely reasoned townreads and asked a couple questions; was surprised to see him on your top tier
lowell I just don't really have a good handle on; I find him opaque and don't empathize with the reasoning behind most of his reads
so I don't really expect everyone else to agree with me on this, but rang town for me for a few reasons:
- the strong SS townread seems unnatural to come from scum - I don't think SS has done anything especially obvtown this game to force a TR, and I would expect scum to try to keep her mislynchable if she's town. I also don't see much of an incentive for a scum!TTTT to try to defend/TR a town!SS here either because she's also not receiving a lot of attention/wagon pressure. Basically, I don't think it's an angle that scum!TTTT would have taken with his reads here, especially this early.
- he mentions being "nervous" about fro99er which I imagine is coming from the same suspicion/issues I had with his posts, before I had come to the thread to bring those up
- he actually doesn't give a read on you when he answered the question. I think someone operating from a scum mindset would be more likely to throw in a read on the person questioning them, instead it reads to me like he's in a mindset of genuinely giving you info to work with.

Lowell I wouldn't say I have a good handle on either, just mostly feels like he's legitimately trying to game-solve. I'd say him reversing his read on you from to is the thing that vibes town to me the most, but it's definitely a weaker read.
obviously both alignments do it - i do it - but I typically see scum being the ones to call someone town out of seemingly nothing. it gets that person on their side, while seemingly looking townie for directing the lynch strongly away from someone. I'm neutral on tttt, but I disagree with that being a good reason to town read someone.
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #213 (ISO) » Wed Feb 22, 2017 9:20 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 212, Eddie Cane wrote:obviously both alignments do it - i do it - but I typically see scum being the ones to call someone town out of seemingly nothing. it gets that person on their side, while seemingly looking townie for directing the lynch strongly away from someone. I'm neutral on tttt, but I disagree with that being a good reason to town read someone.
see I generally agree with this, but I don't think SS would be the townie that TTTT would do that with. She's been pretty low key and under the radar. There's no lynch to strongly direct away, and there's no massive SS presence that needs to be buddied/pocketed/townread.
Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #214 (ISO) » Wed Feb 22, 2017 9:22 am

Post by Eddie Cane »

ss is a newer player which makes them a good target. someone said it wrt you earlier but idr who. however, your point is reasonable otherwise.
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #215 (ISO) » Wed Feb 22, 2017 9:55 am

Post by Bellaphant »

Okay, catching up.

also, my ears are burning :S
In post 101, Fro99er wrote:
In post 100, Fro99er wrote:
In post 80, Bellaphant wrote:i still don't think we're understanding each other.

i'm literally saying that whole sequence looks weird af betwen scum buddies. that's it.
bella walk me through it like i'm five.

why is that weird af between scumbuddies? Because I think it's possibly a buddy reaction (I don't know that I've read more from bork and GL but more on that in a minute), but I'm wondering how you just jumped to the conclusions they aren't
scum together
because of that interaction.
EBWOP
gl's initial posting, like , actually seems kinda towny, and I can't see the scum motivation for bork pushing back at it in . It then gets cleared up - The whole thing also blows over by the end of the page. if it was scum/scum distancing, i think other things would've been picked up on more. - and left with more of an obvious 'i will believe you for now but....', rather than the dropped vote and 'ah, right'. the whole thing looks like a 'noise' and a misunderstanding - can't see the motivation for it as scum partner interactions. I also can't see why ss would involve herself in the conversation if she was scum with either - it's tieing her to them in a way that isn't needed, but she does seem to want to clarify and stablise the conversation. I also don't think this was a wild conclusion to jump to.
In post 121, Fro99er wrote:Lowell why'd you vote bella instead of me or GL?
seee, tonally I liked Lowell for town, but his post with his vote for me in it didn't look like it should end with a vote for me. but
VOTE: bella

Kara! Good to see you again. Sorry you flipped red this time.
is super tonally weird - kara is a reference to a recent survivor game, and i'd expect it to be an rvs reference, but then 'i flipped red'. ugh.
In post 168, GuiltyLion wrote:
In post 107, Fro99er wrote:Now that I reread it, the second sentence looks like trying to keep suspicion on. The first sentence also kinda looks like GL read into what Bork was trying to get at and answered accordingly.
It is absolutely meant to keep suspicion on. I didn't like the naked vote and I didn't like her response to me, I see no reason to townread SBF yet. This thought from you feels intellectually lazy, as if you're operating from a framework where casting suspicion on anyone is automatically scummy.
I think Fro99er has shown he is the opposite of intellectually lazy - I want to come back to a poost from him in a second. Can you expand a little on your last sentence?
In post 204, Lowell wrote:The eddie wagon is bad and you should feel bad.

eddie and TTTT are the only strong town reads for me at teh moment. bork is close.

froggy wants a vote, so let's have at it.

VOTE: froggy

His case against eddie is based on some incredibly weak logic, and looks like he just picked a random easy target and reverse-engineered some dumb meta shit. I don't want to be that guy rushing to whiteknight eddie, but yeah it has come to that. froggy needs to go.
Talk to me about white knighting? Why are your two town reads that strong? I mean, I'm not seeing any compelling reason to town read eddie hard at all.
In post 210, GuiltyLion wrote:I will say that the reasoning for my TR on TTTT is dependent on SS actually being town. A SS scumflip would swing me to taking a harder look at TTTT again. Eddie asked him about why he was townreading SS, I'd like to see him answer that
ummm say what about pre-associatives before a flip? Can you explain this a little?
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #216 (ISO) » Wed Feb 22, 2017 10:10 am

Post by Bellaphant »

In post 166, Lowell wrote:
In post 154, Fro99er wrote:Why is everyone saying I'm making them nervous but nobody is voting me?
Because it's going to be a whole goddam thing. I'll do it when I'm ready.

@bork- my post was more or less "things that caught my eye while reading." And yes, you're a try-hard.

I don't remember who posted this first, but I now agree, SS is probably town. In ISO he looks okay.
In post 172, Fro99er wrote:then vote me, not sbf

Here's some wifom, but why would I push bella if I were scum? It does me no good to push her when I know she's going to initially be paranoid of me as town (because she always is when she's town). Especially after the only other time I rolled scum while bella was town was the very first time I played with her, and I pushed her there. My best play as scum is to buddy her, make her feel comfortable with me, and go from there. It does a scum version of me no good to push bella here at this stage of the game.

Also, why are you townreading eddie? I don't really see a reason to townread him yet.
seee, you are too clever by half. The only other time you've pushed me for shitty reasons is when you were scum and I spent the game miserable and not confident in my reads. But. I also don't think your meta on me as 'doesn't know anything/say anything' as town is kinda insulting - we both had two scum on day 1 and i went into night 2 knowing where my vote was going day three...

anyway. i'm town. lowell is confusing af, bork is town, gl might be town. :) come talk to me.
TTTT
TTTT
Jack of All Trades
TTTT
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #217 (ISO) » Wed Feb 22, 2017 10:23 am

Post by TTTT »

In post 210, GuiltyLion wrote:Eddie asked him about why he was townreading SS, I'd like to see him answer that
I like these posts:

Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #218 (ISO) » Wed Feb 22, 2017 10:33 am

Post by Bellaphant »

UNVOTE:
Sobolev Space
Sobolev Space
Mafia Scum
Sobolev Space
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #219 (ISO) » Wed Feb 22, 2017 11:12 am

Post by Sobolev Space »

In post 209, GuiltyLion wrote:what specifically about his play in that game reminds you of this game?
His focus on meta reads and (to a lesser degree) wifom.
In post 209, GuiltyLion wrote:What other games did you skim?
Micro 554 and Micro 494
In post 209, GuiltyLion wrote:And why go through the motion of explaining this just to shelve him at a nullread?
Because it was information that contributed to my read on him?
Sobolev Space
Sobolev Space
Mafia Scum
Sobolev Space
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #220 (ISO) » Wed Feb 22, 2017 11:15 am

Post by Sobolev Space »

@Lowell -
In post 130, Sobolev Space wrote:What is going on between me and GL?

Additionally, why the townlean on TTTT? There's not much to go on but that would make him null for me.
In post 125, borkjerfkin wrote:I think the sentiment expressed in 112 comes from town; lowell why do you call it twitchy?
Sobolev Space
Sobolev Space
Mafia Scum
Sobolev Space
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #221 (ISO) » Wed Feb 22, 2017 11:17 am

Post by Sobolev Space »

@Lowell -
In post 167, Sobolev Space wrote:@Lowell - what caused the change in your read on me from to now?
Sobolev Space
Sobolev Space
Mafia Scum
Sobolev Space
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #222 (ISO) » Wed Feb 22, 2017 11:19 am

Post by Sobolev Space »

GL's last few posts are atrocious.
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #223 (ISO) » Wed Feb 22, 2017 11:36 am

Post by Bellaphant »

In post 222, Sobolev Space wrote:GL's last few posts are atrocious.
yup
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #224 (ISO) » Wed Feb 22, 2017 11:37 am

Post by Aristophanes »

Pagetop?
- Jingle

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”