Vifam
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #1126 (ISO) » Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:00 pm

Post by Vifam »

In post 1081, Ser Arthur Dayne wrote:
In post 1072, Vecna wrote:
In post 988, Ser Arthur Dayne wrote:I will tell you a short story Cheetory.

I used to be a young paladin once who played mafia by the rule book, answering questions, asking my own questions, trying to figure out people, interacting with people, and acted very pro-town all around. But over time, I noticed I continued to be mislynched all the time for some reason! It got so bad that it made me dislike this game and the people. Why put so much effort when I am still getting mislynched by people who barely put any effort. And some people have the AUDACITY to tell me that the way I put so much effort indicated I was trying too hard or that I was trying to trick people by looking pro town? It made me dislike this game! So I took a long hiatus from this game. But then I spectated a game where a player, who was one of the few players I met when I first started to play, played spectacularly and was able to catch all the scum super quickly. It brought an inspiration within me! I realize what first drew me to mafia in the first place. Catching scum! So I decided to the game. But I decided that being a pleasant pro-town super helpful player was not the way to go. And at the end of the day, I actually don't care too much who wins, etc. This is a game after all! The point is to have fun with it. And what is fun for me is correctly identifying scum. Which is why I still play - to correctly identify scum. If I deem something as worthless it's not because I'm trying to be a jerk or big meanie. It's literally that it does not help me with my goal - finding scum. You will notice I ask very little of other people and mostly play as an observer who commentates on other interactions. That's because I know I refuse/dodge a lot of questions myself, it's not fair to then turn around and expect other people to answer questions from me. What fascinates and interests me is the little interactions that people have, and the fun and satisfaction I get is from correctly identifying who is trying to manipulate and trick others. You might be thinking at this point,
mastina
SAD, why don't you just observe? Simply put, I get no satisfaction from being right as a spectator, because
I
am not in any danger myself. It's easy for someone sitting on the high seat to see the full gladiator arena. They are sitting in their comfy chair away from the blood and gore! But to be inside the gladiator arena and still be able to tell which people are on your side wanting to help you out and which people belong to Cesar alone and have lost empathy and want to only tear you to shreds, now THAT'S a satisfying feeling. I am but a gladiator risking my life to tell apart the spies from the heroes. But I am not a hero myself. This is why I say I'm not a town leader or champion. It's true! I aim to be a mafia PRODIGY to identify scum correctly (which is why I hate being scum so much so boring), but I am not there to lead town to victory.

I mean me too thanks.
Suspicionpoints for people that ignore this post after this point and do keep their vote without engaging some of this stuff.
It's because most people are just bad players compared to how the game used to be played. They think they want to engage with me until I actually give them something then they realize "holy moly he's obv town but my pride!!!"

Anyway, I'll look at my wagon tonight and do analysis as to who are the scum. Usually pref to wait till it's L-1 but I might not have that much time later in the week.
ngl I kinda thought this sounded town
ok
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1127 (ISO) » Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:03 pm

Post by Spiffeh »

That's more of a testament to Titus' towniness

I'm pretty confident she's town here

I have been second guessing myself on SAD because I think his attitude towards his wagon is pretty town but I can't shake how awful his push on me has been

Instead of genuinely trying to parse my alignment it seems like he tried to cherry pick posts of mine that he could cast in any sort of negative light
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #1128 (ISO) » Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:49 pm

Post by Majiffy »

In post 1125, Vifam wrote:How far is he from a lynch rn
L-2 maybe?
Only playing in games at personal moderator and/or 50%+ playerlist request.

How To Win Every Game At Mafiascum (The Flowchart)
||
In case anyone was unsure...
Svenskt Stål (23:38) majiffy, worst mod on ms? we talk to a surviving victim of his game
Vifam
Vifam
Jack of All Trades
Vifam
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #1129 (ISO) » Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:55 pm

Post by Vifam »

Why do you Titus is town @Spiffeh
ok
kuror0
kuror0
Mafia Scum
kuror0
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1130 (ISO) » Tue Feb 28, 2017 1:11 pm

Post by kuror0 »

In post 882, MagnaofIllusion wrote:
In post 287, kuror0 wrote:boop. see you monday.
In post 640, kuror0 wrote:I'm back catching up.
This is the very impressive ISO of kuror0.

Hey what are your reads?
this is sort of page 36 and got little idea since it is hard for me to track this many and new players. But I can tell you I've agreed with MoI posts about SAD so if nothing changes when I complete my catch up I will vote there. (and it will look opportunistic and w/e you want) SAD on page 35 was fully relying on ad hominems instead of disproving the points that were brought against him which strengthen my scum read on him.

Also sort of scum reading beeboy and sakura but due to low content(look whos talking) it is hard for me to get a stronger read. Town reading spiff and early gut town read on yoshi that's it.

About the not voting people I think it is silly and here I concur with SAD scum wouldn't be all on a wagon but surely would use their vote somewhere to get a hold of the wagons and take distance one of other and push for mislynches and to be fair I probably would still be hesitant at the point to vote somewhere because I'm like that.

more when I finish catching up.
Too lazy to be scum.
kuror0
kuror0
Mafia Scum
kuror0
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1131 (ISO) » Tue Feb 28, 2017 1:19 pm

Post by kuror0 »

Stronger scum read on hana just for post 1038. It is negating a player's read progression and making further justification on her vote with pure omgus. (she initially jumped on SAD sheeping MoI's case but never added or commented anything of her own).

finished page 42. Almost done but will come later.
Too lazy to be scum.
Ser Arthur Dayne
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1132 (ISO) » Tue Feb 28, 2017 1:44 pm

Post by Ser Arthur Dayne »

Alright time to analyze only wagon I know is on town day 1: mine. Thanks for the votes! Wagon at its peak:

Ser Arthur Dayne (7) L-2: Spiffeh, MagnaofIllusion, Sakura Hana, Rick and Andrea, Voices of Truth, Gorkington, Creature

Spiffeh's
vote and related posts:
Spoiler:
In post 29, Spiffeh wrote:VOTE: Ser Arthur Dayne
In post 128, Spiffeh wrote:
In post 107, Ser Arthur Dayne wrote:
In post 56, Spiffeh wrote:Marquis you made the worst post in the game so far
This posts reeks fake holy.

Seems like he's trying to imitate his town game but it lacks any emotion.
Lol this is garbage

You can point to literally any post in the game and attach this reasoning to it. What "emotion" do you expect me to have?
In post 129, Spiffeh wrote:
In post 109, Ser Arthur Dayne wrote:Yeah that too, "I have Marquis townread now for ~secrets~".
I can buy Vifam believing that a sudden read shift would be grounds for suspicion but you're better than that

The expectation that early reads are going to be static is fucking ridiculous and you should know that
In post 131, Spiffeh wrote:I have early town reads on Sakura Hana, Rem and Ram, Marquis, BigYoshiFan, and kinda on Rick and Andrea

These are subject to change

Because it's early

And that's ok

VOTE: SAD
In post 249, Spiffeh wrote:Hey SAD
In post 128, Spiffeh wrote:
In post 107, Ser Arthur Dayne wrote:
In post 56, Spiffeh wrote:Marquis you made the worst post in the game so far
This posts reeks fake holy.

Seems like he's trying to imitate his town game but it lacks any emotion.
Lol this is garbage

You can point to literally any post in the game and attach this reasoning to it.
What "emotion" do you expect me to have?
In post 254, Spiffeh wrote:I'm not scum reading SAD because of his tone or for his opinions being disagreeable?

He basically plucked a post of mine and gave the most surface level reasoning for scum reading it. I wouldn't have a problem if he found my posts "fake" or w/e but the fact that he tries to overjustify it with bullshit reasoning makes him scummy
In post 265, Spiffeh wrote:SAD if you're looking for me to get off you then ignoring me is the worst way to make that happen
In post 269, Spiffeh wrote:I will be interpreting this non-response as a scum claim until further notice

There's literally no reason for you to ignore my problems with you

Especially since I agree with you on Titus and if you were town we could have a nice little thing going if you try to address my concerns?
In post 304, Spiffeh wrote:VOTE: SAD

Going back here
In post 511, Spiffeh wrote:SAD's read on me continues to be bullshit

What am I supposed to have "followed up" on?

The reasons I asked those questions should be abundantly clear, but you ignore that and do anything to paint me in a scummy light

SAD town reads are no longer acceptable
In post 512, Spiffeh wrote:I could probably point to several other questions people asked that weren't "followed up" on

But you single mine out because you need to discredit me before my true tunnel is UNLEASHED

You aren't town
In post 755, Spiffeh wrote:Gorkington

SAD has claimed to not be moving off of Titus today

All the while he's been finding everything under the sun about ME that he can paint as scummy and hasn't justified the Titus scum read at all

Does this not bother you

Along with everything else I've pointed out about him?

First time he voted was I'm assuming RVS. But without any real emotion attached. Actually I think that's largely the problem I had with Spiffeh early game. He seemed to be trying to come off as a ~passionate~ player but it came off so robotically. This is pretty noticeable when he took an p random Marquis post and called it "worst post". 2 things wrong with that. First off all, the "game" was not that long at that stage. When people say "you've made the worst post so far in the game" usually they do it when there has been a lot of substance/meat in the game, not on like page 2. Second, with no reasoning attached and the Marquis post not being obviously bad at all, it just looks contrived that he would take a random player and call one of their posts bad. It feels like he's trying to get a 1v1 going, scum love to have back and forths with people because it keeps them busy. This is also extremely apparent when he continues to "get annoyed" when I do not respond to him. Why does he care so much about me responding to him if he has already deemed me as scum? I understand when someone wants to interact with his scumread to maybe realize they are wrong, but Spiffeh's approach borders desperality, almost like he's begging for a 1v1 to happen. It's similar to what I did in Masquerade ball with Shadow, I repeatedly continued to focus his attention on myself so I can hide in the spotlight, it's a pretty good scum tactic to employ and one I think Spiffeh attempted to use here. A lot of little things in his ISO give off HUGE redflags. Post 265, I have not mentioned or cared about his vote on me, and he starts it with "if you want me to get off you". Again, back to the forced 1v1. Post 512, "before my true tunnel is UNLEASHED". Cringey forced, and again, I don't care about him or his vote I pointed something out and he took it upon himself to try and direct my attention on himself. Post 755, "All the while he's been finding everything under the sun about ME that he can paint as scummy and hasn't justified the Titus scum read at all" Even if we assume he missed the page, again, a person can have multiple scumreads and early vote locations can be used more to pressure than to just put it on top scumread. Even IF I had justified my Spiffeh scumread more, that a) does not mean my scumread on him is stronger nor b) mean that my vote belongs on there.

MoI's
vote and related posts:
Spoiler:
In post 622, MagnaofIllusion wrote:Early Scum read on SAD for what I see as forcing casualness. Defcon SAD lashed out at people scum-reading him Day 1. Thus the “I get better reads when scum-read” rings very false. And the scum read on Yume at 275 smells like day old rotting fish. The R-Twins get some townpoints for 311 pointing this very thing out.

Oh and then we get 367. Cool. Makes my decision easy …

Not a fan of Spiffeh’s early content. Am in agreement with his SAD read obviously. Will need to look back at Defcon versus Thing to see if what I am seeing is potentially alignment indicative.
In post 626, MagnaofIllusion wrote:
In post 608, Ser Arthur Dayne wrote:MoI's 593 reads bad so many red flags for starters why is he outting the neighborhood and second of all why is he voting someone before a catchup on such a weak logic as having a differing opinion and generalizing scum in such a broad way ("I think every scum wouldn't wanna use the neighborhood, and anyone who opposes it must be scum!")
Yeah seeing this after my catchup post makes me happy. Vote is well placed.
In post 720, MagnaofIllusion wrote:
In post 608, Ser Arthur Dayne wrote:MoI's 593 reads bad so many red flags for starters why is he outting the neighborhood and
second of all why is he voting someone before a catchup on such a weak logic as having a differing opinion
and generalizing scum in such a broad way ("I think every scum wouldn't wanna use the neighborhood, and anyone who opposes it must be scum!")
And now that I have more time to post about this … what we have here I see as a classic scummy pre-emptive post.

Let’s start with the inference that outing Neighborhoods is scummy. It’s not. It is rock solid Town play. Inorganic and Organic Chemistry and Anti’ UPick Science clearly show that Anti is not going to evenly spread the 4 scum between them evenly. So one of the Neighborhoods is going to be All Town. Secondarily keeping the make-up of the Neighborhoods “secret” is not going to keep information from scum regardless of the distribution. Scum are going to know all the Town players posting in Neighborhoods even if they choose to not post (like SAD). So giving Town a full slate of knowledge about the Neighborhood makeup and who isn’t posting there is evens the playing field.

Next let’s move to the point that scum are going to avoid the Neighborhoods – damn straight if anyone is they will. There is no Pro-Town motivation for not posting and sorting in the Neighborhoods. Period. So anyone not posting there is scum who want to minimize the amount of threads they can be scum-hunted in or VI Town.

Lastly note the bolded above – SAD as Town should have no clue the depth of the discussion in the PT between myself and Vecna to judge the level of the logic of why I am finding Vecna scummy. Vecna’s stance in the PT boiled down to two points ..

1. It will “keep scum in the dark”.
2. There might be some super sekrit mechanics that mass-claiming would help scum to activate.

Point 1 is clearly wrong for all the reasons I posted above. Point 2 doesn’t align at all with how Anti has shown to use mechanics in Inorganic Chemstry, Organic Chemsitry or UPIck Science. And I explained in some depth in the PT about how I looked (or played in) over those games and how they showed that a Neighborhood claim was Pro-Town.

Vecna’s reasons for opposing the mass-claim don’t stand up to scrutiny. Thus he’s scummy.
In post 828, MagnaofIllusion wrote:
In post 820, Ser Arthur Dayne wrote:Lol @MoI ignoring my post that's how you can tell he's bsing.
In post 779, Ser Arthur Dayne wrote:
In post 769, MagnaofIllusion wrote:This post is from the standpoint that he knows I am Town and is trying to leverage Defcon where we mutually scum-read each other as Town to discredit my read on him and thus scummy.
MoI if we are both town this game again you must agree to never scumread me again in any game b/c you clearly can't read me.

No, you are not going to respond sarcastically to this, or say I am scum for saying it. You will say you agree. And if you don't I will skip every post you make this game, I am not planning on getting into an argument with you every game we're in.
Nah. I mean you are pretty obv-scum at this point so no point in engaging when your first line is "If we are both Town". All that post was meant to was to posture as if you are Town. The fact that you are now trying to discredit my read says all that needs to be said ... scum scrambling to find any way to shut down the pressure on you.

@Everyone
- Note how this post shows that his earlier "I get the best reads when scumread" was forced casual posting. If he really felt that as Town he'd not worry about me pursuing a scum read on him. But he's clearly worried since he's doing everything he can to discredit me while not addressing the reasons. More SAD votes would be very appropriate and much appreciated!

Looking back, especially towards the initial votes, 2 reasons were give for his scumread on me. First that I was acting differently than in DEFCON. Second was that my "scumread on Yume 275 smells like day old rotting fish". The first point he states is because I don't care about the votes on me here while I "lashed out" more at people in DEFCON. While it is definitely true I was more aggressive in DEFCON, I actually wasn't aggressive towards the voters on me. While and up till the point I got lynched, I really didn't care much (and I never do care much about getting lynched as town - if anything me caring more is a scumtell for me not the other way around). The second, I have no idea why. I have no prior experience with Yume and disliked that post. And literally no one else called it scummy. So pretending like I was going for a low hanging fruit when I don't know the player and no one else suspected Yume at that point is plain false. However, while he's off, I don't think these specific reasons are ill intentioned in and of themselves. Honestly, I feel like if anything, he looks like he believes in what he is saying. Post 828 is the post I really liked from him though. It didn't read as a scum response. First he ignored it and then when I asked him again he did reply sarcastically. It felt more typical style "I am always right and a master at mafia" MoI than him just looking for an easy scumread. Idk overall even if he has incorrect logic, it just reads like he believes in what he is saying.

Sakura's
vote and related posts:
Spoiler:
In post 394, Sakura Hana wrote:
In post 389, Spiffeh wrote:Sakura don't make me regret town reading you so early
But townreadnig me early is the best way to make me produce alignment relevant content!
In post 393, Spiffeh wrote:Sakura what do you think of SAD?
I think that i dont know why he townreads or scumreads X or Y.
In post 539, Sakura Hana wrote:Maybe you shouldn't bother arguing with scum.
P-Edit: @SAD
In post 836, Sakura Hana wrote:VOTE: SAD
In post 844, Sakura Hana wrote:Dunno RR seems to have lost votes, and SAD seems to have gained them, what are you doing Titus?
In post 856, Sakura Hana wrote:
In post 854, beeboy wrote:Who isn't down to vote Titus and why are you that way?
I'll reserve my judgement until Titus decides to finally read my supposedly want to sort early self.
In post 872, Sakura Hana wrote:Oh yeah? Well too bad im not playing the way you want me to ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
In post 874, Sakura Hana wrote:
In post 873, Ser Arthur Dayne wrote:You're the one who implied something wrong (on why I dropped you a tier) and I corrected you. I don't give a fuck how you play.
ok
In post 1102, Sakura Hana wrote:I should probably just go back to relaxing and not putting effort before i end up flipping out on someone.
P-Edit: I dunno, I liked MoI's points about SAD and I voted him, his consecuent deterioring of his read on me felt all sorts of OMGUS, so my vote is now stuck like glue.

Honestly real talk taking this is straight up scum ISO according to every "how to scum 101". Wishy wash justification of reads and straight up dodging questions at time (posts 394, 856). Sheeping another player onto a wagon. Misrep and fake *shrug*. Extremely conscious of her position in my tier list (I've actually never seen someone before who dropped from strong town tier to weak town attack like I dropped them to strong scum pile). In 539 responds to me like I'm town ("Maybe you shouldn't bother arguing with scum, SAD"). But then flips 180 short time later. And while she does 180, she has a problem with me dropping her ONE tier, and misreps that my read change on her is an OMGUS and because she vote me. Literally reads opportunistic scum. The only thing that holds me back a bit is that this is Sakura we're talking about, and last (and only) time I played with her (which was a while ago maybe 2013) she was scummy as hell too and generally did a lot of confusing things. I need to compare that to this game, and also look at a bit of her scum meta. Until then I'm giving her a slight benefit of the doubt for being Sakura.

Rick/Andrea's
vote and related posts:
Spoiler:
In post 405, Rick and Andrea wrote:My sleeping schedule is really really horrible right now.

Reads:
Town: Marquis, Yoshi, Sakura
Weak Town: SAD, Spiffeh, Vifam
Null: Everyone else.

Have no scum reads yet. Unfortunate.

~Rick (Fire), Leader
In post 689, Rick and Andrea wrote:Okay SAD.
Should I at all be worried your not trying to convince me of Titus scum then?
Or that your vote hasn't changed in more than ten pages
Or that your vote has only moved once.

I went back to look at DEFCOn and you are definitely missing some bite.
What's up?

-Rick
In post 703, Rick and Andrea wrote:There's several things missing from SAD DEFCON than SAD here, but that doesn't make him scum.
I am more concerned that he seems bent on more posturing than pushing, but posturing is a go to for him regardless of alignment I think.

-Rick
In post 860, Rick and Andrea wrote:Remember when I had a sr on SAD within 5 posts of the last game we played and I was right? Yeah....idk who were voting but if Rick's got a problem with it he can poke me

~Andrea
In post 1041, Rick and Andrea wrote:Gork, weren't you saying you don't want much filler in the game right now? Don't see why you posted that.

Anyways, right now I am not 100% against SAD lynch, but I am worried about Beeboy and Creature atm, because I feel Beeboy reads and thoughts are just empty space. Creature with his reads just being super bad.

I had an argument with Maria earlier about why she scumread SAD, and I decided to let her keep pushing that.

I prefer to lead hydra, obviously but she knows SAD much better than me.

~Rick (Firebringer), Maria Subordinate for today.

Ugh hydra's are actually super annoying to read and why I generally try to avoid playing with them. I have experience with both of these so it wasn't as bad as it could've been, but still annoying. Anyway from what I understood Firebringer is ~undecided~ about me and Maria scumreads me. I think Firebringer's side, as I have already mentioned, reads wishy wash and possibly coming from scum. Towards the end, however, I liked 1041 particularly from him. I think that it shows he genuinely is confused about me, rather than if he had said something like "I will sheep Maria's scumread on SAD", he says that he will let Maria push me. But cleaning his hands from my push reads much more townie and genuine, it shows he is still confused and not sure of how to read me, and will delegate the read to Maria for now. Maria side reads p townie in retrospect. Ik I first thought she wasn't interacting with me enough, but then this actually felt like typical Maria. I think 860 is good attack that she believes in. She's not going the easy route, she already knows I have a good game when I can. So for her to scumread me and mention Masquerade ball reads less opportunistic. If she's scum she knows I'm town and I wouldn't put up with that BS from her, she just wouldn't take that risk. Her putting her "ability to read me well"/pride on the line is much more likely to come from town-Maria, at least I'd like to think so.

Voices of Truth

These have way too many posts that I don't feel like quoting. Feel free to pull their ISO in another tab. Anyway I tried putting aside my conf bias. Their posts w/r/t me feel as them trying to push a mislynch. I don't exactly know how to describe the feel. A lot of things like 1088 "If I am wrong, eliminating noise factor plus VCA advantages." This is EXTREMELY scummy. I can't put into words how scummy that sentence. There is def merit in lynching even if a person has big chance of flipping town because of analysis. But 2 things wrong with the way Titus said it. First, she said it offhandedly after saying "eliminating noise factor" in an attempt to belittle me. Second, and most importantly, you don't say that when you have a strong scumread on someone. You say it when you're unsure about someone. The way she said it looks like she's trying to backtrack after my town flip. "Whoops, well at least I eliminated noise factor I can now focus". Like what the fuck, no fuck off. I'm not letting anyone who is scumreading me this hard get away with bs like that after I flip. If you're town you better look at my town flip and feel ashamed. And if you're scum then I'm not letting you get away with my death for free. As I already said, it is much more likely the latter (Titus-scum). She is a competent player, I don't expect her to be unable to deal with me to such a level that she just wants me lynched because of that instead of actually scumhunting. Anyway, 847 p much misrep and it reads like she's talking to someone she knows is town. A lot of things actually not related to me also read scummy. Her interaction with Rem/Ram, esp 1023 "@REM, I am fully capable of reconsidering. Begging me is not effective. Tell me who else is scum. That is effective. Pleading with me is manipulative AtE. Scumhunting is town" is terribad. Dumb champion 1v1 thing with R/R that would've actually been a town gambit if Titus had followed up on it AT ALL. The fact she posts it, asks 2 people who they think will win, then never follow up on it, is more pointless and fake ~scumhunting~ Titus wants to look like she is doing.

Gork's
vote and related posts:
Spoiler:
In post 263, Gorkington wrote:im not valuable wtf.

also, sad.
being dodgy is bad.
stop being dodgy.
respond to spiff.
In post 273, Gorkington wrote:
In post 270, Ser Arthur Dayne wrote:If a post does not help me fulfill that agenda then is it really worth making???
if youre distracting people, then yes, it is anti-town to be evasive.

town works as a collective.
it isnt a solo show.

and the people who act like it is and toot their horn when they were right about reads are still bad because they couldnt work with town to get shit done.

also, spiff, seems more like firebringer was annoyed at you that game than scumreading you. and when he did start saying you might be scum, it at least came across as reasonable from a framework of OMGUSness. where this push on me just feels a lot more like him trying to fake paranoia of me.
i humbly disagree with your comparison between this game and that game.
if there are examples that illustrate the point better i'll lurk them.
In post 950, Gorkington wrote:
Ser Arthur Dayne wrote:I agree btw with whoever said Cheetory might be scum he's really not in this game at all he would've been more engaged by now.
right.
In post 952, Gorkington wrote:like, seriously, lets talk about how disengaged i was in like 75% of defcon.
did you read after you died?
or is this just dumb mindless posturing to push me off balance now that a bunch of people are giving me shit?

should i even bother asking or are you just going to ignore questions as per your apparent MO this game.
In post 956, Gorkington wrote:yeah thats why im mad because youre expressing your opinion.
:')
In post 957, Gorkington wrote:how dare you.
come into this fucking game.
and express.
your god damn opinion.
you mother fucker im gonna make you regret.
having the audacity.
to think that you HAVE THE RIGHt.
TO EXPRESS YOURSELF HERE
ASDOIFHSDFKJDFKJHKDJFDKFJKDJF
In post 960, Gorkington wrote:nah lets put less life into you instead.
vote: sad
In post 962, Gorkington wrote:im the sketchy uninvested scumguy coming to mislynch u bro here i come.
In post 965, Gorkington wrote:if your goal is to make everyone super fucking apathetic youre doing a great job.
keep up the good work.
In post 967, Gorkington wrote:"cheet would be more invested"
"i was pretty uninvested in most of defcon, thoughts?"
"wow u mad bro?"

yeah its the lack of reaction to the vote im upset about and not your stupid avoidance of anything actually fucking related to the game.
In post 970, Gorkington wrote:im actually much more likely to try and parse things through with someone if they talk with me.
rhetoric and ignoring me are probably my two biggest pet peeves in all of mafia.
push rhetoric or ignore my questions and expect me to be really fucking annoyed at you.
In post 974, Gorkington wrote:did you want me to setup spec here too?
because i cant because it doesnt apply in the same way.
if i had setup info to parse, i would probably walk through it in a similar way i did there here and be obviously town for it.

people started doubting i was town after that point because i got apathetic.
almost as if when i get muddled, i dont post as obviously towny for a bit.
In post 979, Gorkington wrote:i troll more when i play on this account.
i play this account more because i tend to hate playing and being stupid makes this game barely bearable.
In post 986, Gorkington wrote:okay have fun reading interactions and waiting for people.
im gonna go drink until my brain stops processing this garbage.
In post 987, Gorkington wrote:i seriously dont understand why some people become so fucking unbearably unpleasant when they play mafia.
In post 990, Gorkington wrote:did you know that all of the effort you put into that post is going to be worth approximately nothing?
In post 994, Gorkington wrote:i thought you were busy reading people's interactions.
:')

This is hardcore town. Before yesterday night's posting I was actually becoming extremely wary of Cheetory really read disengaged and from what we talked about in scumchat + seeing him in DEFCON I thought he had a stronger early towngame. However, from yesterday's interaction with him I really think there's not way he's scum unless he's a master at faking emotions. You can see multiple times through out the ISO his emotions change from "trollish" to angry/annoyed. I think this is him trying to keep his cool/keep the fact he is a more of a troller on this account, but can't let go of the fact I was annoying him because I was not directly answering his questions. Those sparks of emotion remind me of the old DEFCON Cheetory esp w/r/t his argument with LLD in that game.

Creature's
vote and related posts:
Spoiler:
In post 181, Creature wrote:Good thing we got scum D1

In post 182, Creature wrote:Sorry SAD, try to be less obvious next time.
In post 227, Creature wrote:SAD wagon is promising.
In post 1073, Creature wrote:VOTE: SAD

Should be L-2 unless I missed a vote after the last VC.

Hmm this slot is gonna take a dip in the tier list not sure where I'm gonna place him yet. I still think there are a bunch of townie flashes for Creature, they are just jumbled together in a mass of badish posts. I think the reason might be that his heart is in the right place, but his mind is not. I do not like the static reads however. He hasn't really changed his reason me me since like his first post (which he claims is not an RVS vote). A lot of the wagon hopping I don't like, it looks like right now he's just trying to stick to anything that will lead to a lynch. That COULD be scum trying to just get a mislynch, but it could also just be lazy/VI townie. Honestly for Creature however still reads like his town game from my limited exposure I have with him. I will need to look into his meta more to look for subtle specifics. But I'm leaning towards "VI townie" more than "manipulative/ill intentioned scum" because the posts read BAD but not SCUMMY.
vezokpiraka: If you are playing on EUNE we can duo.
chesskid3: I play on NA because i enjoy my freedom.
Rem and Ram
Rem and Ram
Goon
Rem and Ram
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1133 (ISO) » Tue Feb 28, 2017 1:48 pm

Post by Rem and Ram »

tl;dr
-Ali
Hydra between Alisae (Rem) and Human Sequencer (Ram)
Ser Arthur Dayne
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1134 (ISO) » Tue Feb 28, 2017 1:49 pm

The tl;dr is replace out if you're not planning on reading everything everyone posts in a game.
Rem and Ram
Rem and Ram
Goon
Rem and Ram
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1135 (ISO) » Tue Feb 28, 2017 1:50 pm

Post by Rem and Ram »

Fine I'll read ;~;
-Ali
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #1136 (ISO) » Tue Feb 28, 2017 1:51 pm

Post by Majiffy »

I won't

I'mma go get crunk

Mardi Graaaaaas
Only playing in games at personal moderator and/or 50%+ playerlist request.

How To Win Every Game At Mafiascum (The Flowchart)
||
In case anyone was unsure...
Svenskt Stål (23:38) majiffy, worst mod on ms? we talk to a surviving victim of his game
Ser Arthur Dayne
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1137 (ISO) » Tue Feb 28, 2017 1:53 pm

I mean or yeah feel free to keep it subtle and to yourself.

But don't ask for a tl;dr.
Rem and Ram
Rem and Ram
Goon
Rem and Ram
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1138 (ISO) » Tue Feb 28, 2017 1:53 pm

Post by Rem and Ram »

Okay SAD I read we can be friends now.
-Ali
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #1139 (ISO) » Tue Feb 28, 2017 1:53 pm

Post by Sakura Hana »

In post 1132, Ser Arthur Dayne wrote:last (and only) time I played with her (which was a while ago maybe 2013) she was scummy as hell too and generally did a lot of confusing things.
We've played before?
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1140 (ISO) » Tue Feb 28, 2017 1:54 pm

Post by Sakura Hana »

Well if we only played once in 2013 makes sense me not remembering you.
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
Rem and Ram
Rem and Ram
Goon
Rem and Ram
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1141 (ISO) » Tue Feb 28, 2017 1:54 pm

Post by Rem and Ram »

btw if anyone wants to talk to me, I'm here. So AMA.
-Ali
Ser Arthur Dayne
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1142 (ISO) » Tue Feb 28, 2017 1:56 pm

Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1143 (ISO) » Tue Feb 28, 2017 1:59 pm

Post by Sakura Hana »

Oh god that game's old.
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
Rem and Ram
Rem and Ram
Goon
Rem and Ram
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1144 (ISO) » Tue Feb 28, 2017 2:03 pm

Post by Rem and Ram »

oh btw people like these so here we go.
{Spiff, MoI, SAD, Majiffy, Gork, Vifam} <--- Don't want to Lynch today tier
{Yume Alt, R&A} <--- Softer TRs.
{Kuror, Vecna, Beeboy, Marquis} <--- People I dont want to sort right now
{BYF} <--- His scumread on us is mostly reachy but HS tells me he's town and I still disagree.
{Sakura, VoT, Creature} <--- Kill these.
-Ali
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #1145 (ISO) » Tue Feb 28, 2017 2:04 pm

Post by Creature »

Is there a dayvig inventor?
Sigh
Rem and Ram
Rem and Ram
Goon
Rem and Ram
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1146 (ISO) » Tue Feb 28, 2017 2:04 pm

Post by Rem and Ram »

Don't want to sort as in haven't really felt interested or gotten around to sorting them.
-Ali
pedit: Why?
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #1147 (ISO) » Tue Feb 28, 2017 2:07 pm

Post by Creature »

What's HS problem with me?
Sigh
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #1148 (ISO) » Tue Feb 28, 2017 3:29 pm

Post by Spiffeh »

In post 1016, Ser Arthur Dayne wrote:Spiffeh MIGHT not be as scummy as I thought I need to reread him
SAD it's really difficult to view this as genuine when in your recent review of me you literally tried to paint everything I've done as scum motivated.

Spoiler: What I'm responding to for reference
In post 1132, Ser Arthur Dayne wrote:First time he voted was I'm assuming RVS. But without any real emotion attached. Actually I think that's largely the problem I had with Spiffeh early game. He seemed to be trying to come off as a ~passionate~ player but it came off so robotically. This is pretty noticeable when he took an p random Marquis post and called it "worst post". 2 things wrong with that. First off all, the "game" was not that long at that stage. When people say "you've made the worst post so far in the game" usually they do it when there has been a lot of substance/meat in the game, not on like page 2. Second, with no reasoning attached and the Marquis post not being obviously bad at all, it just looks contrived that he would take a random player and call one of their posts bad. It feels like he's trying to get a 1v1 going, scum love to have back and forths with people because it keeps them busy. This is also extremely apparent when he continues to "get annoyed" when I do not respond to him. Why does he care so much about me responding to him if he has already deemed me as scum? I understand when someone wants to interact with his scumread to maybe realize they are wrong, but Spiffeh's approach borders desperality, almost like he's begging for a 1v1 to happen. It's similar to what I did in Masquerade ball with Shadow, I repeatedly continued to focus his attention on myself so I can hide in the spotlight, it's a pretty good scum tactic to employ and one I think Spiffeh attempted to use here. A lot of little things in his ISO give off HUGE redflags. Post 265, I have not mentioned or cared about his vote on me, and he starts it with "if you want me to get off you". Again, back to the forced 1v1. Post 512, "before my true tunnel is UNLEASHED". Cringey forced, and again, I don't care about him or his vote I pointed something out and he took it upon himself to try and direct my attention on himself. Post 755, "All the while he's been finding everything under the sun about ME that he can paint as scummy and hasn't justified the Titus scum read at all" Even if we assume he missed the page, again, a person can have multiple scumreads and early vote locations can be used more to pressure than to just put it on top scumread. Even IF I had justified my Spiffeh scumread more, that a) does not mean my scumread on him is stronger nor b) mean that my vote belongs on there.

I don't know where you get that I was trying to come across as passionate? I noticed things and said how I felt about them. That's how I play early game.

I am at a fucking loss for how you could possibly interpret my comment about Marquis' post as me looking for a 1v1. You try to pass my scum read on you as the same thing. This point is so clearly drawn out of thing air so you can act like this is some sort of pattern with me.

My scum read on you has been well substantiated and the reasoning should be abundantly clear by now. I gave a shit when you ignored me because I was scum reading you and felt you answering my questions would help confirm if my suspicions were sound. You opt to view this as me trying to cement a vendetta against you so I can "hide behind it" rather than the obvious, town alternative. This is the shit you've been doing all game. Cherry picking posts to construct narratives that make me look bad.

This is not someone that's genuinely trying to read me. There's not one iota of consideration that I'm town, despite how he said that I might not be as scummy as he thought. I understand town confbias exists, and that SAD is apparently an arrogant player and probably more susceptible to thinking he's right all the time. But I struggle to see how town can confbias to the point of pulling shit out of his ass that he pushes as if I've had some master plan all along, when nothing even remotely CLOSE to what he's saying actually exists.
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #1149 (ISO) » Tue Feb 28, 2017 3:32 pm

Post by Spiffeh »

In post 1144, Rem and Ram wrote:{Spiff, MoI, SAD, Majiffy, Gork, Vifam} <--- Don't want to Lynch today tier
Yeah please enlighten me on how SAD can possibly be in this first tier after his performance today

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”