Micro 687: Vanilluxe Mafia - Mafia Victory!!!

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Fro99er
Fro99er
Survivor
Fro99er
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #650 (ISO) » Thu Mar 02, 2017 12:31 pm

Post by Fro99er »

Says lowell, who voting the non-factor Bella
"I officially announce Fro99er the king of guilties because this is the second time he has guiltied a slot I was really unsure about.
Heil King Froggo.
Ribbit ribbit." -Transcend
Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #651 (ISO) » Thu Mar 02, 2017 1:52 pm

Post by Eddie Cane »

we only have a day left and it looks like the frogger lynch is going nowhere. anyone wanna sell me elsewhere or join me? I'm not voting Lowell or bork today.
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #652 (ISO) » Thu Mar 02, 2017 2:25 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 651, Eddie Cane wrote:we only have a day left and it looks like the frogger lynch is going nowhere. anyone wanna sell me elsewhere or join me? I'm not voting Lowell or bork today.
what are your thoughts on the bella wagon? Cause that one is likely to go through, and you've had her at null/town for the few times you've mentioned her, and the wagon consists of your top two townreads (bork/SBF), Lowell (another TR), and TTTT (who you had above sobolev/fro99er in your last reads list).

Is this a good wagon? Is it being pushed by scum?

It's strange to me that you'd make this post and not comment at all on the leading wagon.
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #653 (ISO) » Thu Mar 02, 2017 2:31 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

also I generally agree with Fro99er's point about Eddie's SBF townread being unsubstantiated and I'm trying to parse whether I feel his aggressive deflection about being spammed with too many questions and phone posting was genuine town frustration. If bella is a mislynch I'd say Eddie is the most likely candidate for a scum off the wagon.

also I re-ISO'd SS and I feel better about her than I did in my last readslist, I still feel she's been sitting back a bit in this game but I don't think she's playing with an agenda
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #654 (ISO) » Thu Mar 02, 2017 2:34 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

I'm a little skeeved that my wagon flipped so quickly to Bella but I also don't really have a problem with a Bella lynch. and I'd definitely hammer her once we wrap up this day. If she flips scum I'd say it's more likely that she got bussed given how quickly the wagon sprang up
Sobolev Space
Sobolev Space
Mafia Scum
Sobolev Space
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #655 (ISO) » Thu Mar 02, 2017 2:36 pm

Post by Sobolev Space »

@Eddie - down for an SBF lynch? If you'd like I can go more through her ISO and explain the scumread in depth but you seem to have a TR on her so I'm unsure if you'd want to join in.
Sobolev Space
Sobolev Space
Mafia Scum
Sobolev Space
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #656 (ISO) » Thu Mar 02, 2017 2:37 pm

Post by Sobolev Space »

@GL - it was my impression that the Bella wagon appeared when town started coalescing around a Lowell lynch but I could be misreading this. Seems a little suspicious.
TTTT
TTTT
Jack of All Trades
TTTT
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #657 (ISO) » Thu Mar 02, 2017 2:37 pm

Post by TTTT »

pretty much agree with everything GL is saying above
SweetBlueFlowers
SweetBlueFlowers
Goon
SweetBlueFlowers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #658 (ISO) » Thu Mar 02, 2017 2:57 pm

Post by SweetBlueFlowers »

Since Eddie has declined explaining his behavior, I'll give my take on it. Eddie opened anti-town with a self-vote and patent refusal to contribute content. He followed it up by pressuring the slot that pressured him for this, which revealed the Town motivation hidden in his opening, namely to instigate content by appearing anti-town. His push on me was designed to sort me and punish me for opportunism if my reasons for voting him were not legitimate. There was no agenda besides hunting, and for this I townread the slot.

It looks like Bellaphant may not be picking up her prod, so I'm going to move on.

There is at least 1 scum in {bork, Space}.

VOTE: Space

This slot's play so far is leagues from its Town meta. It has been dodging questions, shopping for lynches, practically
refusing
to hunt and sort, buddying (with Bork), and displaying the type of blind confidence that typically comes from only PRs and scum. As stated before, I struggle to see how the progression quoted below comes from town!Space. This slot has little to no paranoia and just as meagre a desire to hunt scum.
In post 222, Sobolev Space wrote:GL's last few posts are atrocious.
In post 231, Sobolev Space wrote:Questions in , especially the last one, seemed pointless
In post 208, GuiltyLion wrote:the strong SS townread seems unnatural to come from scum - I don't think SS has done anything especially obvtown this game to force a TR, and I would expect scum to try to keep her mislynchable if she's town.
"I don't understand why TTTT is strongly TR-ing SS so he's probably town"
In post 213, GuiltyLion wrote:see I generally agree with this, but I don't think SS would be the townie that TTTT would do that with. She's been pretty low key and under the radar. There's no lynch to strongly direct away, and there's no massive SS presence that needs to be buddied/pocketed/townread.
How on earth would scum town reading some rando direct away a lynch? Who do you think scum would choose to fake TR instead of me?
In post 246, Sobolev Space wrote:Okay GL is probably town. The GL I remember would be attacking me harder for my last few posts.

VOTE: Lowell

A few other quotes that ping me:
In post 330, Sobolev Space wrote:At this point my vote is probably going to stay between Lowell and SBF for the remainder of the day.
I cannot find Town motivation in this post. Where is the desire to sort and hunt?

In post 549, Sobolev Space wrote:
In post 533, Eddie Cane wrote:good attitude, good content (with just about no filler), rubs me the right way.
Disagree with this. SBFs content has been tunneling the hell out of a few people with bad arguments which I've seen mostly used as a scum strategy.
Doesn't address any of my content, just shades me and misreps my play. (I wasn't tunneled, tunneling is not a scum strategy. Space knows this according to this game, where Titus tunnels as Town.)

In post 552, Sobolev Space wrote:I'm sympathetic to Frogger's comments on the TTTT Bella case. I really only think - is the only thing that would warrant a lynch from her ISO
I do not believe this is how Town sorts. Town sorts by alignment, not by lynchability.

In post 350, Sobolev Space wrote:I pointed it out because it looked to me like that quote indicts SBF since she jumped on Eddie's self vote.
This strikes me as much like calling out a scumslip by twisting words to mean something they don't. Space didn't push me for this, but even forcing the statement to produce that conclusion is the kind of fake logic I do not want to see from Town.
borkjerfkin
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
Xenophile
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #659 (ISO) » Thu Mar 02, 2017 3:01 pm

Post by borkjerfkin »

In post 654, GuiltyLion wrote:I'm a little skeeved that my wagon flipped so quickly to Bella
for me (I feel I was a fairly pivotal momentum switch as I believe I was the third vote) I am really on here because

1) she looked weird on a reread that I did after TTTT posted on her
2) I don't have any compelling reason to think she's town other than she gave a reasonable opinion about you early
3) was hoping she'd beetlejuice soon because of the pressure
4) lowell every once in a while hits a town note
beefycheese
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #660 (ISO) » Thu Mar 02, 2017 3:03 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

Bellaphant is V/LA until Saturday.
Half meme, Half real, All Aristophanes ;)
- Jingle
Ari has appeared way too competent for me to even pretend to know what they're thinking
- MooseEatsBear on discord mafia
it wouldn’t be an ari sig unless it takes up half the screen on mobile - Vonflare
borkjerfkin
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
Xenophile

Post Post #661 (ISO) » Thu Mar 02, 2017 3:03 pm

Post by borkjerfkin »

In post 658, SweetBlueFlowers wrote:There is at least 1 scum in {bork, Space}.
curious as to why you looped me into this considering the rest of your post says nothing about me
beefycheese
borkjerfkin
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
Xenophile

Post Post #662 (ISO) » Thu Mar 02, 2017 3:14 pm

Post by borkjerfkin »

In post 655, Sobolev Space wrote:@Eddie - down for an SBF lynch? If you'd like I can go more through her ISO and explain the scumread in depth but you seem to have a TR on her so I'm unsure if you'd want to join in.
i think you should as long as you can be concise about it because 1) I am not seeing it and 2) I don't want that to be the only thing she does next time shows up since she's such an infrequent poster; I expect both alignments to attempt to rebutt you
beefycheese
Sobolev Space
Sobolev Space
Mafia Scum
Sobolev Space
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #663 (ISO) » Thu Mar 02, 2017 3:15 pm

Post by Sobolev Space »

For sure bork. I'll do it tomorrow hopefully when I've finished all my current work.
borkjerfkin
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
Xenophile

Post Post #664 (ISO) » Thu Mar 02, 2017 3:16 pm

Post by borkjerfkin »

In post 646, Lowell wrote:
In post 638, SweetBlueFlowers wrote:@Fro99er consider staying in the game until Bella is prodded? You're a big part of the reason I inned to this game, I'd be bummed to see you go.
In post 639, Fro99er wrote:
Fine I'll stay in

I don't even know who you are so I dunno why you'd in because of me
Damn. Sick power play.
Didn't like this and don't feel like frogger's "I'm outtie" was any attempt to get cred
beefycheese
Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #665 (ISO) » Thu Mar 02, 2017 3:20 pm

Post by Eddie Cane »

UNVOTE:
here is why I think sbf is town.

their reaction to myself (and subsequently gl) voting them was good. she came back with 288, a very townie post imo. I personally just relate to it as I love analyzing wagons on myself, and she correctly read my vote on her as town motivated and went after the other one. GL may or may not be scum but he was a good target from sbf. it also helps her reads line up with mine - particularly Sobolev scumread early, though admittedly I don't get the bork read
and @sbf please explain that

that's mostly what I like from sbf; it's not self preservation, it's offense. for someone with very little posts there's a ton of meat, and it for the most part clicks with me.

sbf voting bella to l-1 was fine from my perspective. I did not like the l-1 line and I did not like her asking me to explain my opening before she posted her interpretation of it.

take 336 - she asks exactly what I want to know so to speak. an actual reply in GuiltyLion in detail, questioning of ss, and questioning bork. it's not just filler questioning, it's game furthering info.
Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #666 (ISO) » Thu Mar 02, 2017 3:20 pm

Post by Eddie Cane »

In post 664, borkjerfkin wrote:
In post 646, Lowell wrote:
In post 638, SweetBlueFlowers wrote:@Fro99er consider staying in the game until Bella is prodded? You're a big part of the reason I inned to this game, I'd be bummed to see you go.
In post 639, Fro99er wrote:
Fine I'll stay in

I don't even know who you are so I dunno why you'd in because of me
Damn. Sick power play.
Didn't like this and don't feel like frogger's "I'm outtie" was any attempt to get cred
I think it was sarcasm. that said, I don't think it was alignment indicative.
borkjerfkin
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
Xenophile

Post Post #667 (ISO) » Thu Mar 02, 2017 3:21 pm

Post by borkjerfkin »

i am more sure than ever that Frogger is town (and no eddie i don't want to talk about it today) my GL townread is also up
beefycheese
Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #668 (ISO) » Thu Mar 02, 2017 3:22 pm

Post by Eddie Cane »

In post 667, borkjerfkin wrote:i am more sure than ever that Frogger is town (and no eddie i don't want to talk about it today) my GL townread is also up
I already accepted a frogger lynch isn't happening today so it's fine, I get you have irl stuff and dl is near.
Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #669 (ISO) » Thu Mar 02, 2017 3:25 pm

Post by Eddie Cane »

In post 655, Sobolev Space wrote:@Eddie - down for an SBF lynch? If you'd like I can go more through her ISO and explain the scumread in depth but you seem to have a TR on her so I'm unsure if you'd want to join in.
sell me on it. as I said, Lowell and bork are the only people I will not consider.
borkjerfkin
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
Xenophile

Post Post #670 (ISO) » Thu Mar 02, 2017 3:29 pm

Post by borkjerfkin »

this game is frustrating i think i'm getting somewhat close to having my reads fucking backward from where they were early game
beefycheese
SweetBlueFlowers
SweetBlueFlowers
Goon
SweetBlueFlowers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #671 (ISO) » Thu Mar 02, 2017 3:31 pm

@Bork - If Space were to flip Town, I would read your defense of Space as scum WKing a scummy Town slot with the hope of reaping Town cred on a flip. Hard defending TRs on Day 1 is naive behavior at best, because Day 1 TRs will never be strong enough to warrant such strength of read unless you are exceptionally attuned to a player's meta. You have already retracted your defense of the slot, but it did occur and it pings me. I have you as a weak townlean for the remainder of your content. Your content is good but I haven't found anything that I don't belive scum!bork couldn't fake.

Also, I'm sorry but I find posts like 664 rather disrespectful, calling someone's RL motivation into question is not something that should take place in a game. RL is NAI.

@Everyone - Read Space's Town games: viewtopic.php?f=50&t=69150&user_select[]=28862 (The other linked in my previous post.) The differences are stark and speak for themselves. This is not town!Space by any stretch of the imagination.
borkjerfkin
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
Xenophile

Post Post #672 (ISO) » Thu Mar 02, 2017 3:37 pm

Post by borkjerfkin »

In post 671, SweetBlueFlowers wrote:Also, I'm sorry but I find posts like 664 rather disrespectful, calling someone's RL motivation into question is not something that should take place in a game. RL is NAI.
the hell? I'm remarking on lowell's doing that, not doing it myself
beefycheese
borkjerfkin
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
Xenophile

Post Post #673 (ISO) » Thu Mar 02, 2017 3:41 pm

Post by borkjerfkin »

In post 671, SweetBlueFlowers wrote:Hard defending TRs on Day 1 is naive behavior at best, because Day 1 TRs will never be strong enough to warrant such strength of read unless you are exceptionally attuned to a player's meta.
I'll defend people I think are town at the time I think they are town; it helps to have a discourse so that I can both be transparent and (hopefully) arrive at something that resembles the truth.

Naive is writing someone off and never wavering on it no matter what happens.
beefycheese
SweetBlueFlowers
SweetBlueFlowers
Goon
SweetBlueFlowers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #674 (ISO) » Thu Mar 02, 2017 3:41 pm

I apologize, I misread your post. I have a tendency to do that when I read in preview rather than in thread. I didn't actually realize that was what Lowell meant in his post, so consider that readdressed if so.

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”