Micro 687: Vanilluxe Mafia - Mafia Victory!!!

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #275 (ISO) » Wed Feb 22, 2017 6:54 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

VC 1.8
Eddie Cane
(2): SweetBlueFlowers , TTTT
SweetBlueFlowers
(2): Eddie Cane , GuiltyLion
Fro99er
(1): Lowell
Lowell
(1): Sobolev Space

Not Voting
(3): borkjerfkin , Bellaphant , Fro99er

With 9 alive, it takes 5 votes to lynch.
Day one ends March 4th at 1pm EST, or in (expired on 2017-03-04 13:00:00)

Mod Notes:
Lowell is V/LA until Thursday
Last edited by Aristophanes on Fri Feb 24, 2017 6:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Half meme, Half real, All Aristophanes ;)
- Jingle
Ari has appeared way too competent for me to even pretend to know what they're thinking
- MooseEatsBear on discord mafia
it wouldn’t be an ari sig unless it takes up half the screen on mobile - Vonflare
Fro99er
Fro99er
Survivor
Fro99er
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #276 (ISO) » Wed Feb 22, 2017 7:01 pm

Post by Fro99er »

In post 216, Bellaphant wrote:anyway. i'm town. lowell is confusing af, bork is town, gl might be town. :) come talk to me.
I'm town too, I'm just not there yet with you if you are.

I agree with Lowell, but more than confusing I think he's just being shallow. I hate shallow reads, that's why I jumped on Sheep that last game.

Agree bork is town and GL is town. GL reminds me of PV or Anatole Kuragin when I read them boht as town in MAFIACEPTOIN despite both of them pushing hard on me. They both just seemed like they really believed what they were saying, even though they were wrong. I'm getting that vibe from GL too, that he really thinks I'm not playing intellectually (which I'm biting my tongue about) or with a deep understanding of the game. But he doesn't understand that my gravitation this game is toward you and figuring you out as soon as possible and that's why it's so important to me, and he also doesn't understand that I take note of how people read me. I get wary of WKs/buddying of me, and I'm wary when people scum read me but don't do anything with it.

Our reads are close which makes me feel a bit better, but I'm still relying on the meta that I know of you and I'm just not there yet B.
"I officially announce Fro99er the king of guilties because this is the second time he has guiltied a slot I was really unsure about.
Heil King Froggo.
Ribbit ribbit." -Transcend
Fro99er
Fro99er
Survivor
Fro99er
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #277 (ISO) » Wed Feb 22, 2017 7:28 pm

Post by Fro99er »

In post 276, Fro99er wrote:GL reminds me of PV or Anatole Kuragin when I read them boht as town in MAFIACEPTOIN despite both of them pushing hard on me. They both just seemed like they really believed what they were saying, even though they were wrong.
And this is EXACTLY why I take note of all those scumreads on me without any actual follow through. Because when people follow through with conviction, I can usually tell they are actually town if they really believe their push.

I'll give Lowell credit, at least followed through. I just don't think he actually believes his scum read of me.
"I officially announce Fro99er the king of guilties because this is the second time he has guiltied a slot I was really unsure about.
Heil King Froggo.
borkjerfkin
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
Xenophile

Post Post #278 (ISO) » Thu Feb 23, 2017 3:37 am

Post by borkjerfkin »

In post 272, Fro99er wrote:What was town about 190?
First paragraph sounds like he's testing a hypothesis, suggesting to me that he's trying to interact w/ sbf to sort them but doesn't want to ruin it by tipping his hand
beefycheese
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #279 (ISO) » Thu Feb 23, 2017 3:52 am

Post by Lowell »

@frogger, I'm always shallow, homeboy. I'm not here to think, I'm here for blood. You'll have to be okay with that.

@eddie, GL, what's the SBF case? S/he hasn't done anything either way as far as I can see.

Scumvibes from GL, not sure how everyone is seeing that guy as town. Opportunistic as whoa. Continued scumvibes from frogger, who looks like he's trying to pocket everyone.

bork town. tttt town. eddie town.
Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #280 (ISO) » Thu Feb 23, 2017 7:23 am

Post by Eddie Cane »

sbf has done nothing and it's 12 pages in. is that normal for her? we've never played before.

tttt is actually sketching me out now. his iso is pretty barren, he asks me a question, throw out some naked reads, votes me for undisclosed reasons. more of a null than town.

Lowell is iffy too. I feel like he's definitely experienced enough to appear townie and make fake reasoning if he wants, so I don't scumread him for seemingly baseless things. I don't get the bella vote though. null.

frogger is scummy, his push on me is fucking terrible. good justification such as 104 and 276. scum lean.

bork is obvtown. I justified it a bit much earlier but now I think everyone is townreading him so no point writing an essay.

holding back gl Sobolev and Bella for now.
TTTT
TTTT
Jack of All Trades
TTTT
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #281 (ISO) » Thu Feb 23, 2017 8:16 am

Post by TTTT »

@Eddie
your TTTT read is fair
not even gonna argue
Fro99er
Fro99er
Survivor
Fro99er
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #282 (ISO) » Thu Feb 23, 2017 9:17 am

Post by Fro99er »

In post 279, Lowell wrote:@frogger, I'm always shallow, homeboy. I'm not here to think, I'm here for blood. You'll have to be okay with that.
we ain't homeboys
Heil King Froggo.
Sobolev Space
Sobolev Space
Mafia Scum
Sobolev Space
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #283 (ISO) » Thu Feb 23, 2017 11:33 am

Post by Sobolev Space »

In post 282, Fro99er wrote:
In post 279, Lowell wrote:@frogger, I'm always shallow, homeboy. I'm not here to think, I'm here for blood. You'll have to be okay with that.
we ain't homeboys
http://i.imgur.com/HLzrf6j.gif
Sobolev Space
Sobolev Space
Mafia Scum
Sobolev Space
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #284 (ISO) » Thu Feb 23, 2017 11:33 am

Post by Sobolev Space »

In post 281, TTTT wrote:@Eddie
your TTTT read is fair
not even gonna argue
This is weird. I don't know why, but it is.
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #285 (ISO) » Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:32 pm

Post by Bellaphant »

In post 260, Fro99er wrote:
In post 248, Bellaphant wrote:i'm also more :S about the fact that frog just saw me have a good town-game and is still saying the same stuff about my meta and using it as gospel.
B, why are you surprised I'm using meta?

You had a good town game, yes, but you were still hesitant at first. I even quoted it in this game. You seemed much more carefree there too.
mmhmm, i was having more fun that game. maybe i've got performance anxiety :P what worries me though is that i've explained my read on the not!scum pairing, and you've only come back with 'i didn't see it that way', rather than take actual issues with that I've said.

maybe i'm overthinking.

also, talk to me about gl? where's the read from, exactly. is about it the followthrough scum read? Like I said, I'm getting a lot of town vibes, but some of his thinking looks contrived. when pushed, he backs his shit up though.

@eddie, GL, what's the SBF case? S/he hasn't done anything either way as far as I can see.

Scumvibes from GL, not sure how everyone is seeing that guy as town. Opportunistic as whoa. Continued scumvibes from frogger, who looks like he's trying to pocket everyone.

bork town. tttt town. eddie town.
.... talk to me about those two last reads? tt's iso is horrible - a couple of questions that don't get followed up on (a good one to me in but it goes nowhere, for example) a 'never lynch' town read on lowell by page seven, a desire to run up eddie for unclear reasons, and a fairly boring tr on ss (who to me is obv!town). eddie's is almost worse, 32 posts of...not a lot. he's quoted two short isos, which seems sketch, and there's not a lot of meat to anything.

@frog, talk to me about talking yourself out of the read?
Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #286 (ISO) » Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:43 pm

Post by Eddie Cane »

missed
Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #287 (ISO) » Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:44 pm

Post by Eddie Cane »

In post 19, SweetBlueFlowers wrote:VOTE: Eddie Cane
In post 68, SweetBlueFlowers wrote:
In post 26, GuiltyLion wrote:
In post 19, SweetBlueFlowers wrote:VOTE: Eddie Cane
why didn't you say anything when you made this vote?
Well it wouldn't be naked otherwise, now would it? ;)

In post 51, Bellaphant wrote:....I have no idea what to make of all of that, apart from to say that probably isn't our scum team.
:lol:
In post 200, SweetBlueFlowers wrote:I'm not particularly enchanted by Cain's anti-town opening or their apparent discontentment with my vote. I haven't seen anything from the slot that would warrant me unvoting. For those who asked, I did not enter RVS.

My gender is female.
this is why I'm voting sbf. she has done 0. 0. she came back and produced nothing. I want her to take stances and start posting.
SweetBlueFlowers
SweetBlueFlowers
Goon
SweetBlueFlowers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #288 (ISO) » Thu Feb 23, 2017 3:25 pm

Post by SweetBlueFlowers »

VOTE: GuiltyLion

This slot is what scum trying to pass as Town looks like. Opening posts were awkward and LAMIST. His SR on this slot lacks any semblance of authenticity and he basically just followed Cane. Most of his content consists of back-seat theorizing and ad-hoc hypothesis about what he or another would do as Y alignment, rather than actual hunting and sorting.

Cane is obviously Town by the way they've reacted to this slot. I appreciate the opening maneuver, having seen the follow-through.

I want to like Bellaphant for her reaction to the clumsy exchange between bork and GL, and her content has seemed fine overall to me, but Frog's case on her makes me tilt my head.

I like Space's initial response to GL, but the followup is too superficial and then quickly written off. I haven't seen the slot attempting to sort anyone in a serious way and the times it has given the appearance of doing so have been devoid of what I like to call the fire to find scum.

Town: Cane, bork, Frog, Low, 4T

Scum: GL, Space
Sobolev Space
Sobolev Space
Mafia Scum
Sobolev Space
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #289 (ISO) » Thu Feb 23, 2017 5:48 pm

Post by Sobolev Space »

@SBF - what was Eddie's follow-through from his opening maneuver?
borkjerfkin
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
Xenophile

Post Post #290 (ISO) » Thu Feb 23, 2017 5:51 pm

Post by borkjerfkin »

i swear to fucking god i was just logging in to post a derivative of that question when you made it

again

lol.

@SBF: more specifically, what changed between and now, considering I think Eddie's trajectory on you has not changed one iota since then and you don't seem to be townreading him for any other reason
beefycheese
Sobolev Space
Sobolev Space
Mafia Scum
Sobolev Space
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #291 (ISO) » Thu Feb 23, 2017 5:54 pm

Post by Sobolev Space »

Bork when we sync up completely we'll become a single unlynchable, unkillable super town.
borkjerfkin
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
Xenophile

Post Post #292 (ISO) » Thu Feb 23, 2017 5:59 pm

Post by borkjerfkin »

In post 276, Fro99er wrote:Our reads are close which makes me feel a bit better, but
I'm still relying on the meta that I know of you and I'm just not there yet B.
Underlined is how I generally post as town to a friend when I am trying to be, I guess both accommodating and intellectually honest with myself at the same time. As scum I'd probably redirect or just not make this statement.
beefycheese
borkjerfkin
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
Xenophile

Post Post #293 (ISO) » Thu Feb 23, 2017 6:00 pm

Post by borkjerfkin »

In post 291, Sobolev Space wrote:Bork when we sync up completely we'll become a single unlynchable, unkillable super town.
unfortunately I haven't gotten the un-makesbaddecisionsatLYLO part down yet
beefycheese
borkjerfkin
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
Xenophile

Post Post #294 (ISO) » Thu Feb 23, 2017 6:05 pm

Post by borkjerfkin »

In post 288, SweetBlueFlowers wrote:I want to like Bellaphant for her reaction to the clumsy exchange between bork and GL, and her content has seemed fine overall to me, but Frog's case on her makes me tilt my head.
What part of frog's angle on bella are you empathizing with? It is by his own admission based almost entirely on personal experience (which shouldn't cause someone who lacks that experience to immediately endorse) and I think by his own tone in that post I linked just above he's not even that enchanted with it
beefycheese
borkjerfkin
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
Xenophile

Post Post #295 (ISO) » Thu Feb 23, 2017 6:09 pm

Post by borkjerfkin »

In post 262, Fro99er wrote:viewtopic.php?p=7299362#p7299362 (BBT called me out for self-meta/WIFOM...BBT was scum)
viewtopic.php?p=7185807#p7185807 (Aero calls me out for self-meta...Aero was scum)
viewtopic.php?p=7233708#p7233708 (Sakura calls me out for self-meta...Sakura was scum)
viewtopic.php?p=7387205#p7387205 (Prozac calls out self-meta...Prozac was scum)
viewtopic.php?p=7405616#p7405616 (Titus calls me out for self-meta...Titus was scum)
viewtopic.php?p=7338212#p7338212 (Fire calls me out for self-meta...Fire was scum)
before i forget this was a fucking impressive number of examples
beefycheese
borkjerfkin
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
Xenophile

Post Post #296 (ISO) » Thu Feb 23, 2017 6:17 pm

Post by borkjerfkin »

i think i'd probably be ok with saying frogger is on my no-lynch list today for a number of reasons, probably the most salient of which is:
Maybe i'm just talking myself out of my read because I misread his 212 initially, but I could see "I typically see scum being the ones to call someone town out of seemingly nothing." coming from either alignment, especially because it's just stating a fact, which is something either alignment could state.
I think that was a legitimate misread on his part and I believe it has rattled his confidence in the read and I don't feel like that was precipitated by strategically trying to abort the wagon, as if frogger is under pressure right now it isn't because he was on eddie.
beefycheese
borkjerfkin
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
Xenophile

Post Post #297 (ISO) » Thu Feb 23, 2017 6:41 pm

Post by borkjerfkin »

well, contrary to what i said the other day, battle lines kind of have been drawn now and there are some really polarizing opinions now that i've kinda got everyone's reads, mostly involving combos of (eddie, frogger, GL, lowell, tttt), all of whom i've seen called both obvtown and scum (i'd lynch either of the latter two atm and I am back and forth on GL), and i think a lot of the reason for the deadlock here is people underexplaining themselves

if i'm anywhere it's
{SS, Bella}
{Frogger, Eddie}
{GL (mostly i don't like his reads), SBF (i didn't
hate
the catchup but I think the points I raised need clarification)}
{Lowell, TTTT} neither have really done anything that hits my towndar in any profound way

I don't feel great about having so many tiers but for better or worse this is how i think i feel

TTTT is the slot I am most feeling "what is everybody else seeing that I am not" and I haven't found an answer I really like (I acknowledge that GL gave one but I think it was way too oblique for me to empathize with) so if anyone wants to do something besides throw him into their super town pile and call it sorted please let me know
beefycheese
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #298 (ISO) » Thu Feb 23, 2017 10:19 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

don't have time for a real post today but just checking in to acknowledge that horrendous SBF case on me. I'll destroy it tomorrow
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #299 (ISO) » Fri Feb 24, 2017 1:16 am

Post by Bellaphant »

VOTE: tt

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”