Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #9400 (ISO) » Tue Mar 07, 2017 11:12 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 9397, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:@Math: Just compare a few games like Vecna did for Dave.
Phone posting in the mall it is not happening right now and what I provided was a direct counter to Vecna's Dave is scum because meta argument.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #9401 (ISO) » Tue Mar 07, 2017 11:13 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 9399, MathBlade wrote:No.
PV you took Pyramids and hoped your buddies did.

Scum would have hit that wonder harder than shit (minus you) because as Nahdia said no players know what resolutions are coming up.
1. They had no way to coordinate. Do they all forsake all other wonders and try for it? How do they tell their buddies that?
2. If they fucked up, you saved their ass with Natural. So, why do that, again?
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #9402 (ISO) » Tue Mar 07, 2017 11:14 am

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

Scum's laugh track.
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #9403 (ISO) » Tue Mar 07, 2017 11:15 am

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

In post 9400, MathBlade wrote:
In post 9397, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:@Math: Just compare a few games like Vecna did for Dave.
Phone posting in the mall it is not happening right now and what I provided was a direct counter to Vecna's Dave is scum because meta argument.
Felt like Vecna put more effort in, yours seemed half-ass.
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #9404 (ISO) » Tue Mar 07, 2017 11:16 am

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

We had told them Natural didn't favor town at all but we got strong-armed :(
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #9405 (ISO) » Tue Mar 07, 2017 11:19 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 9401, PeregrineV wrote:
In post 9399, MathBlade wrote:No.
PV you took Pyramids and hoped your buddies did.

Scum would have hit that wonder harder than shit (minus you) because as Nahdia said no players know what resolutions are coming up.
1. They had no way to coordinate. Do they all forsake all other wonders and try for it? How do they tell their buddies that?
2. If they fucked up, you saved their ass with Natural. So, why do that, again?
1) Yes they did through saying "the wonders suck". Some of them might be genuine but some of them are probably hey I am taking The Great Lighthouse don't bother. Could also be they took it without coordination as well.

2) There was no chance they fucked up. Any competent scum (minus PV) barring cross talk like the above would be on it. I am wholly confident a scum picked up day talk based on how the ABR flip went.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #9406 (ISO) » Tue Mar 07, 2017 11:20 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 9404, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:We had told them Natural didn't favor town at all but we got strong-armed :(
Because Natural does favor Town and PV is playing your paranoia.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #9407 (ISO) » Tue Mar 07, 2017 11:23 am

Post by MathBlade »

Even if we go with PV's argument that scum fucked up which is a load of horse manure then it is still protown because of endgame utility. Natural was the towniest resoltuion of them all.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #9408 (ISO) » Tue Mar 07, 2017 11:24 am

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

I just don't think giving a chance for scum to mitigate the impact of misplaying or to reconsider things wasn't pro-town.
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #9409 (ISO) » Tue Mar 07, 2017 11:27 am

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

However, I don't think you're scum. The Resolution phase just shows how people approach mafia in general.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #9410 (ISO) » Tue Mar 07, 2017 11:28 am

Post by MathBlade »

...That is literally every resoltuion ever proposed. Never forsake town gains because scum could game the system.

That is like saying don't ever lynch because we could mislynch. Or don't ever vote because you could be wrong.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #9411 (ISO) » Tue Mar 07, 2017 11:32 am

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

No, it is just trying to not further the gap between scum and town.
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #9412 (ISO) » Tue Mar 07, 2017 11:34 am

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

Did anyone build the Oracle wonder by the way? :(
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #9413 (ISO) » Tue Mar 07, 2017 12:16 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

I bet half the players are like "no way LUV blatantly rolefishes like that as scum"
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #9414 (ISO) » Tue Mar 07, 2017 12:17 pm

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

I advocated for the Oracle lol
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #9415 (ISO) » Tue Mar 07, 2017 12:19 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

ok?
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #9416 (ISO) » Tue Mar 07, 2017 12:20 pm

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

Why would you assume I'm role fishing? What if I was trying to catch scum trying to fake claim?
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #9417 (ISO) » Tue Mar 07, 2017 12:26 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

b/c asking if anyone has X wonder is rolefishing?

You asked if anyone built the Oracle. Then you were like "I wanted to get it!" Like that totally makes your question so valid and smart. Do you think that anyone that didn't build the oracle was going to respond to you?

Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #9418 (ISO) » Tue Mar 07, 2017 12:28 pm

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

You never know. That's why I did it.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #9419 (ISO) » Tue Mar 07, 2017 12:29 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 9349, davesaz wrote:VOTE: MathBlade
my first impression is that this is an empty vote on a scumbuddy so Math gets town cred when he flips scum.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #9420 (ISO) » Tue Mar 07, 2017 12:30 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 9418, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:You never know. That's why I did it.
that is very very weak.

MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #9421 (ISO) » Tue Mar 07, 2017 12:31 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 9419, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 9349, davesaz wrote:VOTE: MathBlade
my first impression is that this is an empty vote on a scumbuddy so Math gets town cred when he flips scum.
Nero's statement is blatantly wrong.
I cited a game with me and Dave as scum together.
None of it matches my scum play as I am Town.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #9422 (ISO) » Tue Mar 07, 2017 12:33 pm

Post by MathBlade »

Nero is more interested in sounding plausible than being right.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #9423 (ISO) » Tue Mar 07, 2017 12:35 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

PV's alignment and Math's alignment don't really matter. I am not a huge fan of the "scum shot their own!" but even if they did that literally doesn't matter as it just means that we are down to 4 scum in the setup. And Math has a wonder that means they get shot so we'll wait on the vig shot.

MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #9424 (ISO) » Tue Mar 07, 2017 12:42 pm

Post by MathBlade »

Yes my and PV alignments matter.

I am Town but if I am scum (which I am not scum) then from your POV people are PoEing/ world building/ incorrect reads. If someone says because Math is town then Player X is scum then it matters. Just because I have stonehenge and PV has Pyramids does not mean we get free passes to not be read. Whether 4 or 5 scum alive is huge.

I honestly hope I die because I know who I am hitting with my henge investigation.
GTKAS -- MathBlade

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”