Scummies 2008 Nominations! (Deadline: 1/15)

farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #7 (isolation #0) » Fri Jan 11, 2008 1:22 pm

Post by farside22 »

Since this game ended January 2 I have to put this here.
I would like to see if it can get the nom for best newbie game town. Most everyone talked and the game went really quick in comparison to other games. Plus both scum died with no town fatalities.
Nominate Newbie 520

viewtopic.php?t=6924
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #10 (isolation #1) » Fri Jan 11, 2008 2:56 pm

Post by farside22 »

Adel wrote:@farside:
1. quantity =! quality
2. Pie E7 with a mafia roleblocker who has to choose between killing and blocking is broken for the town, especially when the day 1 lynch is accurate for the town.
3. Self-nominations almost always fail on general principle.

You also might want to consider nominating the Category first. There isn't currently a separate award for Newbie towns, unless I seriously misread post 0 of this thread.
Who is going to know about it and acknowledge it if someone doesn't say something about it. I don't care that I was in it and I really don't notice other games of other people don't have that type of time. The catagory in general is I think under best newbie. If it is considered self nom then I will nominate Mizzy for said game
Nominate Mizzy
for best newbie
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #19 (isolation #2) » Mon Jan 14, 2008 7:18 am

Post by farside22 »

Albert B. Rampage wrote:I disagree with the best newbie game town and mafia.

Just nominate them for best town or best mafia if they were extra-ordinarily, history-in-the-making games. There are 2 ICs in each newbe anyway. 3 out of 5 of the newbes don't stick around for more than a few months. Also, beginner's luck applies a lot more than really ingenious solid play from start to finish; remember that game where the town killed all the mafia in 3 pages without a single casualty ? Newbe games are training grounds, where the ICs focus on winning is deterred by their focus to show the newbes how to play and the social norms of MS. I don't think newbe games are all that memorable to MS as a whole, and there shouldn't be any awards for them. That's my take on it.
I agree and disagree with this. There are some newb games were the newbie try really hard and work on finding the scum (unless they are scum). My first newb game I had to go it alone and my scum partner when awol and somehow I ended up winning the game. I didnt' think it was a great game because most of the work was done by the IC's. So I think in general you can find both newb games fun and fustrating. If people find some that helped and they did good they should be rewarded. Just my two cents.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #75 (isolation #3) » Thu Feb 21, 2008 8:21 am

Post by farside22 »

The Fonz wrote:
Nominate: Greasy Spot

Award: funniest claim

For this doozy:
Here's the deal. I will role claim. I am a Townie. This could help the town if you let it. The mafia now knows I am a townie and will be a target for a night kill if I am not lynched. I am telling you this so as a town you can use this lynch vote to vote a mafia member out. If it doesn't work and the town is not happy, you may vote me out in Day 2 and I won't try to stop you.
From Open 61, which was a mountainous game.
I second this nom.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #85 (isolation #4) » Tue Feb 26, 2008 7:20 am

Post by farside22 »

pickemgenius wrote:
Incognito wrote:
pickemgenius wrote:I fail to see how Greasy Spot's claim is even a little funny.
It was a mountainous game.
i know, doesn't make it funny.
It's funny because it was so stupid of him to say it. Sorry but I really was hard on him after that claim because it was rediculous.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #276 (isolation #5) » Mon Jun 09, 2008 12:27 pm

Post by farside22 »

I nominate Oman for best SK for ATIP

viewtopic.php?t=8351

Before the rule about no king claims. He stated that farside with the king and unvoted. Only the guards would have known that. Fact was he was the assisgn who guessed right and won the game. Congrats
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #289 (isolation #6) » Tue Jun 10, 2008 5:39 am

Post by farside22 »

Mr. Flay wrote:It's not the
Hardest Working SK
Scummy. It's not the
SK with the Best Thought Processes
Scummy. It's
Best SK
- and gambling page 1 and having it pay off big, even in a swingy setup like AITP, deserves credit where it's due. If the moderator had rolled a d20 and given Oman the name of a King if it came up 1, that'd be different...

I'll second Oman's nomination.
- there, now the judges can deal with it.
I agree with Flay. That is why I nominated Oman. It was ballsy and as SK's go it was a good job by guessing correctly. If I had paid attention a bit more and let go of his guess I would have lynched him and still said Best SK for making everyone second guess him for awhile.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #346 (isolation #7) » Wed Jul 16, 2008 6:35 am

Post by farside22 »

Fourth: Best IC category
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #354 (isolation #8) » Wed Jul 16, 2008 7:46 am

Post by farside22 »

I was thinking that the newbie, other IC's and mod's can point out who the best IC's are. Just because someone signs up for 1 or 20 games really shouldn't be a factor. It is who is helping the newbs out, to making the game enjoyable as well as educational.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #458 (isolation #9) » Fri Sep 26, 2008 8:22 am

Post by farside22 »

iamausername wrote:
Mirth wrote:
nominate:
Farside in Open 90
Award:
best performance by an individual (scum)
Second.
You guys are so sweet. I apprieciate the nom.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #463 (isolation #10) » Mon Sep 29, 2008 2:03 pm

Post by farside22 »

Kmd4390 wrote:Someone please let me know if this is formatted wrong. Also, I'm not sure how to link a game. I know of at least two others who wanted Farside nominated for scummies for this game.
Nominate: Farside.
Awards: Best Role: Voteless Random JOAT.
Most Enjoyable Game: Family Guy Game.
Best Flavor Text: Family Guy Game.
I enjoyed the Family Guy quotes in every vote count and never would have guessed that there were hidden meanings. I liked how the reporters did the death scenes too.
Best Setup: Family Guy Game

I'll be around to check this thread for a few days.
Link for those to see:
viewtopic.php?t=9105&postdays=0&postorder=asc&&start=0

83 pages enjoy!
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #474 (isolation #11) » Thu Oct 02, 2008 12:47 pm

Post by farside22 »

nominate: Sensfan and Wolf
Award: best team (scum)
Game: Newbie 669.
They both did awesome and deserved to win.

viewtopic.php?t=9218&start=825
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #481 (isolation #12) » Thu Oct 02, 2008 5:21 pm

Post by farside22 »

hasdgfas wrote:
SensFan wrote:
hasdgfas wrote:I don't think a team of 2 IC-level players should win an award for a newbie game.
Not that I think we should, but wolf is a Newb. I support his winning best Scum performance.
he's been here 3 months, and it's a newbie game. I still don't think that he should get it. Nothing against him, but newbie games are a very different monster than every other game.
They both if you read the game had the other IC in the game confused and looking scummy at one point.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #489 (isolation #13) » Mon Oct 06, 2008 5:07 am

Post by farside22 »

Niv wrote:Question: is there a catagory that something like this would fit into?

Nominate: korlash
Award: ?????
Game: Rat Race Mafia (currently in progress, but since this was his bah post, and I'm the mod i figured this was fine)
Korlash wrote:*yawn* Thanks Niv... I was worried I was going to have to keep that up for a full week. *painful face*

well bah and stuff... Not really angry so I won't swear... you fuckers! >.> <.<... maybe a little angry...

Anyways I would like to thank the academy for my brilliant performance *hecklers in the crowd* and would like to make a statement for the chronicle:

"Bah..."

Also I accept tips in the form of small bills, large bills, huge piles of cash, and debit cards... make all check payable to Korlash, Las Vegas Stripper. And as always, no money orders.

Also for tips and tricks on fakeclaims of your own, don't hesitate to request your own personal assistant from Sk Inc. & Co.!

"Are you caught in a dead end job? Did your peers out you in your scummy ways? Are you about to die? If you said yes to any of the above, it's too late for you! But if you still have time and want a little personal protection for the future call us now!

We here at Sk Inc. & Co. will send you a personal claiming analyst to help you create a solid, fool-proof fake claim! (No guarantees it will be fool-proof! Complications may arise. If you are suffering from Bastard mod or whacked out the ass set-up consult your local town doctor before fakeclaiming)"

Well… Have fun continuing to kill each other! When you lot blow it and I end up winning I’m gunna laugh and laugh and laugh…

>.> How’s that "putting as much as I want into it."? Yeah... <.<
Maybe "Best Flavor Text" or funniest player
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #494 (isolation #14) » Tue Oct 14, 2008 5:33 am

Post by farside22 »

PokerFace wrote:
Nominate: shaft.ed
Award: Most Enjoyable Large Game
Game: Monty Python Mafia

http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8780

Most fun I ever had in any Mafia game. Good humorous theme and role set. shaft.ed wins!
Second!
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #508 (isolation #15) » Mon Oct 20, 2008 1:02 pm

Post by farside22 »

Stef wrote:Is this thread still being updated? Asking because the post with the nominations hasn't been edited in 8 months. :)
It will be updated by the end of the year. :lol:
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #510 (isolation #16) » Tue Oct 21, 2008 6:24 am

Post by farside22 »

pacman281292 wrote:
farside22 wrote:
Stef wrote:Is this thread still being updated? Asking because the post with the nominations hasn't been edited in 8 months. :)
WHAT?! :shock:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
It has to be updated by the end of the year for the award ceremony. :P
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #512 (isolation #17) » Tue Oct 21, 2008 12:55 pm

Post by farside22 »

pacman281292 wrote:
farside22 wrote:
pacman281292 wrote:
farside22 wrote:
WHAT?! :shock:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
It has to be updated by the end of the year for the award ceremony. :P
Hey that's too many time... Anyways, it will be a serious headache to the mods to take the final decisions and awards.
I think last year they had some volunteers for looking over the games if I remember correctly?
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #540 (isolation #18) » Mon Nov 10, 2008 9:14 am

Post by farside22 »

shaft.ed wrote:
Korts wrote:"Look, a three-headed monkey!" would be a better name and a cool reference for the best derailing of a scumbuddy lynch award.

EDIT: but I do support both of them, although those awards would mean even more hard work for the judges...
"Look Something Shiney" is clearly superior.

And I don't think farside needs any more noms, but nice work. I didn't even notice you took over the queue, I thought you were just really eager to get your open games goin :P
I'm always eager to get my game going. Very understandable. :P
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #551 (isolation #19) » Tue Nov 11, 2008 6:20 am

Post by farside22 »

destructor wrote:
Incognito wrote:
Nominate:
Elmo, destructor, and farside22.
Award:
Leonidas award.
Game:
Mini 664 - AoaDA

Details:
farside22 pretty much had two of the three scum nailed on Day 1 upon replacing in. Elmo-Cop and destructor-Vanilla Town collaborated during Day 2 to further pursue the case against the two scum and eventually seemed to bring their way towards discovering the third scum as well through excellent scum-hunting tactics, good questioning, and imaginative thinking. The game went sour only when Elmo counterclaimed thinktank-Cop during Day 2 after initially contemplating the possibility of a double cop set-up due to the game mechanic (he was right though he didn't know it at the time, obv). During Day 3, Elmo had a guilty on one of the three scum, but the town didn't buy his explanation of there being a double cop set-up, and he was lynched costing the town the game. farside22, Elmo, and destructor seemed to be in a mind-meld the whole game and did a nice job of demonstrating what good, concentrated scum-hunting and strong pro-town play can do to completely break a game open for the town.
No disrespect to farside, but I think Elmo deserves this more than either of us. He was right about 2/3 scum and 100% correct about everyone he thought was town, which is what I think set his play apart from the rest. The way he was going, I'm sure he would have caught the last scum too.

Second Elmo for Leonidas Award
I agree that Elmo deserves it. Even with the confusion of 2 cops I still believed him to be town enough to use my ability on his time period.

Third Elmo for Leonidas Award
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #645 (isolation #20) » Mon Dec 15, 2008 12:03 pm

Post by farside22 »

Just one thing I found wrong:
Elmo, farside22, destructor in AoaDa – nominated by Incognito, seconded for Elmo by destructor (???), thirded by farside22
I forgot who did the nom for this, but I stated Elmo deserved the award by himself.

Return to “Scummies and Mashies Archives”