Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #700 (ISO) » Mon Mar 13, 2017 2:43 pm

Post by RadiantCowbells »

That's my secret. I'm never in the mindset appropriate for a newbie game.
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
Darklyn
Darklyn
Goon
Darklyn
Goon
Goon

Post Post #701 (ISO) » Mon Mar 13, 2017 3:50 pm

Post by Darklyn »

VOTE: lemonater

my preferred lynch overall
lemonater
lemonater
Townie
lemonater
Townie
Townie

Post Post #702 (ISO) » Mon Mar 13, 2017 3:53 pm

Post by lemonater »

can I get some reasons pls
Darklyn
Darklyn
Goon
Darklyn
Goon
Goon

Post Post #703 (ISO) » Mon Mar 13, 2017 3:55 pm

Post by Darklyn »

dodgy vibes, your predecessors were scummy as well tbh
lemonater
lemonater
Townie
lemonater
Townie
Townie

Post Post #704 (ISO) » Mon Mar 13, 2017 4:25 pm

Post by lemonater »

Given that there's nothing else to talk about, can you link me some posts whete I gave you these vibes?
Darklyn
Darklyn
Goon
Darklyn
Goon
Goon

Post Post #705 (ISO) » Mon Mar 13, 2017 4:44 pm

Post by Darklyn »

Well, go look at your ISO, you haven't put a single vote on anyone or done any scumhunting.

Your slot put one vote in the entire game
In post 484, Icy wrote: i need content from you darklyn

VOTE: darklyn

please make some

what are your reads? who's scum?

life is keeping me way too busy so i'm out for now sorry
It was a weak vote and I'm confirmed town anyway, and when you replaced in you sat on this vote and didn't do any scumhunting. Whatever your alignment is, this has probably been the most consistently anti-town slot all day despite having 3 users.
Darklyn
Darklyn
Goon
Darklyn
Goon
Goon

Post Post #706 (ISO) » Mon Mar 13, 2017 4:50 pm

Post by Darklyn »

Oh I fucked that quote up haha, pieg said that, not Icy
lemonater
lemonater
Townie
lemonater
Townie
Townie

Post Post #707 (ISO) » Mon Mar 13, 2017 5:19 pm

Post by lemonater »

In post 705, Darklyn wrote:Well, go look at your ISO, you haven't put a single vote on anyone or done any scumhunting.

Your slot put one vote in the entire game
In post 484, Icy wrote: i need content from you darklyn

VOTE: darklyn

please make some

what are your reads? who's scum?

life is keeping me way too busy so i'm out for now sorry
It was a weak vote and I'm confirmed town anyway, and when you replaced in you sat on this vote and didn't do any scumhunting. Whatever your alignment is, this has probably been the most consistently anti-town slot all day despite having 3 users.
You don't have to throw your vote around to do stuff. I may not have done a ton of hunting, but to say I've done nothing is pretty ludicrous tbh. I've been in the game for 5 pages, most of which was centered on you anyway, which I have been posting about, and there isn't a ton of other people's stuff to really look at.

You weren't conf town when pieg voted you or when I replaced in, and I saw no reason to unvote you untill everyone confirmed to not cc you. You've been acting pretty scummy imo, even if you are conf town now.
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #708 (ISO) » Mon Mar 13, 2017 5:33 pm

Post by -Grey- »

Or you guys could lynch the dude that's clearly not invested in the game anyway and give the newb some time to figure out what he's doing.
“Trust is an orchid, beautiful but delicate, requiring ideal conditions in order to thrive. Without them, it dies.” - Dahrk (Arrow, Season 4)
---
"-grey- would hardclaim an inno on his obv-scum partner D2 in a micro if he could" - gigabyteTroubadour
"You type like a Bond villain." - DogWatch
mhsmith0
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
Balancing Act

Post Post #709 (ISO) » Mon Mar 13, 2017 5:34 pm

Post by mhsmith0 »

In post 708, -Grey- wrote:Or you guys could lynch the dude that's clearly not invested in the game anyway and give the newb some time to figure out what he's doing.
So we're lynching grey then? :P
Show
http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Mhsmith0
Conq: you, sir, are great at being town.
BATMAN: Only jugg was the only one we didn’t scum read at least not me
Quick: There is little to no chance this slot is Power-Wolfing.
SR: I want to give him a day
Life is simply unfair, don't you think?
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #710 (ISO) » Mon Mar 13, 2017 5:39 pm

Post by -Grey- »

In post 709, mhsmith0 wrote:
In post 708, -Grey- wrote:Or you guys could lynch the dude that's clearly not invested in the game anyway and give the newb some time to figure out what he's doing.
So we're lynching grey then? :P
That was kinda my point.

You feeling ok dude?
“Trust is an orchid, beautiful but delicate, requiring ideal conditions in order to thrive. Without them, it dies.” - Dahrk (Arrow, Season 4)
---
"-grey- would hardclaim an inno on his obv-scum partner D2 in a micro if he could" - gigabyteTroubadour
"You type like a Bond villain." - DogWatch
Darklyn
Darklyn
Goon
Darklyn
Goon
Goon

Post Post #711 (ISO) » Mon Mar 13, 2017 5:44 pm

Post by Darklyn »

he's obvscum lynching you would just delay the inevitable
lemonater
lemonater
Townie
lemonater
Townie
Townie

Post Post #712 (ISO) » Mon Mar 13, 2017 5:53 pm

Post by lemonater »

In post 711, Darklyn wrote:
he's obvscum lynching you would just delay the inevitable
I like how we've gone from "dodgy vibes" to "obvscum"
Darklyn
Darklyn
Goon
Darklyn
Goon
Goon

Post Post #713 (ISO) » Mon Mar 13, 2017 5:54 pm

Post by Darklyn »

your response on 707 kinda confirmed it for me
lemonater
lemonater
Townie
lemonater
Townie
Townie

Post Post #714 (ISO) » Mon Mar 13, 2017 5:55 pm

Post by lemonater »

In post 713, Darklyn wrote:your response on 707 kinda confirmed it for me
Would be nice if you responded to it then...
Darklyn
Darklyn
Goon
Darklyn
Goon
Goon

Post Post #715 (ISO) » Mon Mar 13, 2017 6:01 pm

Post by Darklyn »

I saw no reason to unvote you untill everyone confirmed to not cc you.
Lazy and opportunistic play
You don't have to throw your vote around to do stuff.
You're claiming to be a vanilla townie right? You can't win unless you vote.
I've done nothing is pretty ludicrous tbh
What have you done other than forced the tracker to claim?
Darklyn
Darklyn
Goon
Darklyn
Goon
Goon

Post Post #716 (ISO) » Mon Mar 13, 2017 6:01 pm

Post by Darklyn »

ffs I fucked up the quotes again
lemonater
lemonater
Townie
lemonater
Townie
Townie

Post Post #717 (ISO) » Mon Mar 13, 2017 7:18 pm

Post by lemonater »

In post 715, Darklyn wrote:
I saw no reason to unvote you untill everyone confirmed to not cc you.
Lazy and opportunistic play
You don't have to throw your vote around to do stuff.
You're claiming to be a vanilla townie right? You can't win unless you vote.
I've done nothing is pretty ludicrous tbh
What have you done other than forced the tracker to claim?
1. It's not my job for you to convince me you're town. Claiming Tracker means nothing until no one counter claims you, and I was already finding a ton of your posts scummy, so I decided it was fair enough to leave the vote on.

2. Obviously, but I don't vote every single person that I find slightly scummy, that isn't how I play. When I find someone worth voting that I actually want to lynch, or if I want to put on pressure, I vote them, but it doesn't take a vote to ask questions or give / form opinions.

3. Poked at your logic, gave opinions on oldwino and you, gave thoughts as to where I thought scum may be in regards to your lynch wagon, etc. Also saying I made you claim is kinda ludicrous, seeing as it was Smith who voted and then got Grey to vote you as well.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #718 (ISO) » Mon Mar 13, 2017 10:56 pm

Post by RadiantCowbells »

I don't feel sufficiently confident in this game to lead a lynch.
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #719 (ISO) » Tue Mar 14, 2017 12:50 am

Post by mastina »

In post 533, Icy wrote:You have broken down page 1, this post is on page 22. If we are lucky you will find the time to break down page 2 before end of day 1. How can you sit back and still say (oh I'm going to catch-up) Am I supposed to view that as TOWN HELPFUL? Do you want me to go back and count how many times you have said "something came up, maybe tomorrow"
No, you don't have to view my inactivity thanks to real-life kicking me as helpful to the town--rather the opposite, it is explicitly unhelpful and something I wish wasn't there. You should realize however that it is also not scum though, because it is real life.

I am in a state where if I had a few good days in a row (not many, just a few, two or three is all it'd take), I would be able to, start to finish, give this game all the proper attention, love, and care it deserves--go into details about everything I wish to, and from there lead the town as a player.
I am also in a state where I haven't had those days--it hasn't been bad enough where I've reached the point of being unacceptable in either play or teaching (either of which would cause me to replace out), because I am in a state where in spite of real life doing literally every fucking thing to drag me down (and this is something that any player aware of my more personal life is perfectly aware of), I am still managing to not have fallen below an acceptable standard. (Though I know I am dangerously close.)

At this point, I know the deadline is near--so I will not be able to contribute as intended. I somewhat-doubt I would be the nightkill though, so there is always Day Two. At that time, I am hoping life will have properly worked out. In the unlikely scenario that I am nightkilled, I will specifically ask the mod to not spoil the game for me, and I will follow along in the dead thread, laying out in there step by step what I would be saying if I were alive. While that wouldn't be immediately visible (and thus, would be sub-optimal since my preference is to do it all now), it would serve to show where I was coming from, what I was hoping to accomplish, and give a much better teaching platform than what I currently have on display.

Apologies for the life inconvenience.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #720 (ISO) » Tue Mar 14, 2017 12:53 am

Post by mastina »

In post 536, Icy wrote:
In post 523, mastina wrote:
In post 490, Icy wrote:I think he has been helpful thus far to town
Define "helpful to the town". Define also why helpful to the town translates to alignment. Define ALSO which posts give the above two definitions.
Are you really more interested in improving my game than you are in sorting out players?
The two are not mutually exclusive. Rather the opposite, they are mutually inclusive. Though I wasn't asking this as a teacher at all. It's nice and good and all that you think I was looking for a lesson--but I wasn't. I was demanding as a player that you be held accountable for your statements. Being confirmed town does not give you a pass to say whatever the fuck you want; you
are
still accountable for your content, and this is me explicitly calling you out on yours.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #721 (ISO) » Tue Mar 14, 2017 12:59 am

Post by mastina »

Don't really have much to say about mhsmith's . It is accurate enough. I could probably explain it from a different angle--give my experiences, my wordings, add to it, elaborate on it, give more to it. But at this point I don't think that theory lesson would move the game forward. I'll do so if someone asks me to, but right now my focus is more on catching up than on teaching.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #722 (ISO) » Tue Mar 14, 2017 1:04 am

Post by mastina »

In post 549, mhsmith0 wrote:You want the mafia to be engaged and trying to influence the lynch, because that is (generally) how you catch them. You want the town (ESPECIALLY non-clears) to be engaged and trying to influence the lynch, because that is (generally) how you find them.
Ironically enough, this is one of the reasons I scumread mhsmith. His lesson here IS accurate--but the thing is, he has been one of the players I have most strongly seen NOT influencing the lynch. (The other being oldwino.)

RC was trying to, earlygame at least.
Grey has been doing so throughout the game.
I have also been pushing pretty hard for a lynch in my own way. (My style mostly involves getting people to see scum through a combination of MY perspective and working with THEIR perspective and fusing the two which is why I focus so heavily on getting people to read my posts and form conclusions from them.)
Ulti's slot may not have--but Ulti's slot also hasn't given content and to influence or not influence the lynch you first have to have content/posts.
DogWatch and Darklyn I admit you could make a case either way for.

But mhsmith has one of the highest post counts this game...yet he has deliberately avoided trying to influence the lynch.
Similarly so for oldwino. While he's cast a vote, he's done everything in his power to avoid committing to the lynch.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #723 (ISO) » Tue Mar 14, 2017 1:07 am

Post by mastina »

In post 551, mhsmith0 wrote:Now, here's a game-relevant challenge for people: what do I think of mastina? Why do you think I think it?
The funny thing there is, you've voted me the majority of the game and been constantly putting me down, yet you've never actually pushed me even when you were voting me. Your vote started as RVS, but you kept it on me LONG past the expiration date thereof (which again was a MAJOR tipoff to me), without a strong indication you were thinking I was scum. It's deliberately vague on your part, and not in a "try to guess my reads tee-hee!" sort of way, in the "I am avoiding giving reads while still putting out content" way.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #724 (ISO) » Tue Mar 14, 2017 1:12 am

Post by mastina »

In regards to mhsmith's /, his defense is technically accurate--it is in fact far more likely that regardless of his alignment mhsmith believes what he said. It is also true that what he said wasn't bad. (Albeit, probably not worded the best of ways. I think if I explained the concept it'd probably come across a bit more clear.)

However
, that being said, the WAY he goes about pointing this out feels incredibly scummy to me: it is making a big deal out of a small thing. It is a huge overreaction to Darklyn's push, placing a huge amount of emphasis in an area which is largely null by his own account.

Return to “Completed Newbie Games”