Ser Arthur Dayne
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3675 (ISO) » Sat Mar 18, 2017 9:11 am

Post by Ser Arthur Dayne »

This is one of the rare times where I explain reads (in this case the lean-town reads) so it should be treasured:

Majiffy - play reads genuine. His frustration felt town. His play also doesn't seem like he's trying to manipulate people. I think he would think much more highly of his play than to be content and sit on the sidelines, while this town has truley made him jaded. Town is more likely to become jaded. When scum become jaded it usually shows different, idk how to describe it.

Brian Skies - I felt his attempt at fake-hammering was townie, and the way he said the mod PMed him saying it was a bad play or w/e also rang townie.

bundle of sticks - kinda paranoid of this slot because as I said few red flags like the shade throw. However it reads differently than scum-cephrir in defcon. He reads a lot more engaged here, more... animated. While there he just read like a robot.

Kise - Just a bunch of townie pings. He seems to believe in all his questioning, and one thing I remember is he seems to follow up on his questions, meaning he actually cares about people's responses and is taking that into consideration. Another thing I liked is he caught up without saying things like "catching up" or complaining about the page count. He just caught up, didn't make a big deal of it, and is generally around. Strikes me as trying to game solve while also ignoring a lot of the bullshit in the thread, without making a scene to fake ~contribution~.

Wraith - His early game struck me as town. I think he generally strikes me as a person who tries to scumhunt but fails tragically short as he gets more jaded. I think scum would either fake more scumhunting or complain, but I think the way he just slowly fades into the background reads more townie.
vezokpiraka: If you are playing on EUNE we can duo.
chesskid3: I play on NA because i enjoy my freedom.
Kise
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3676 (ISO) » Sat Mar 18, 2017 9:12 am

Post by Kise »

In post 3501, Little Red Fedora wrote:
In post 478, Sir Elton Hercules John wrote:
Overheard in the street wrote:HOLY SHIT I'M SO GREAT I HEALED SPIFFEH LIKE A MUTHAFUCKIN BOSS TOUCHIN UGLY HOES TURNIN WATER INTO FINE
This is me. I have no interest in confirming or denying my flavor as I don't see how it helps town. It would only help scum plan their fakes.
Sorry I came up with more questions. Did you guys specifically write that? Does the mod ever confirm that you'll know when u successfully protect and when u whiff?
They have escaped into the mansion where they thought it was safe.

Yet…
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3677 (ISO) » Sat Mar 18, 2017 9:13 am

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 3668, Tammy wrote:
In post 3076, Brian Skies wrote:I was thinking something else entirely about Xxxyxyxyx, and I mainly just want him to come in here and post so I can feel better about putting him on either side of my reads.
never mind.
I'm acknowledging that I've seen this and have chosen not to answer it.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #3678 (ISO) » Sat Mar 18, 2017 9:14 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

@Majiffy:
In post 57, Majiffy wrote:Also Nacho I fully expect we will form a two-slot version of Vegito in this game and whup the scumbos.
Not sure how you plan how to make this happen if you let me do all of the heavy lifting/throw an emo fit and check out of the game at the beginning of Day 2. I also just realized that Vegito is unbanned!!!!

ABR's early game was funny, but I don't like how he didn't get started with scumhunting at all; I expected that he would attempt to form reads, engage with people, do something after the initial couple of roleplays. It sucks that the roleplays remind me of Cyberpunk and while I don't think that they're scummy in and of itself, it feels in this specific scenario that they're being used as a substitute for actual content.

@Tammy:
In post 120, Little Red Fedora wrote:Wait it was a joke?
Now I just feel bad cuz I couldn't read into it ;~;
-Ali
A better way to phrase how I felt with the exchange with Alisae earlier is that it seemed similar to the exchange I had with MariaR in DBZ Abridged; I feel both come across as more confident in their scumgames, and both of the exchanges with them seemed scattershot, disorganized. Touches like Alisae claiming and Titus not approving of the claim and Alisae disagreeing with Titus's reads but not
really
disagreeing with them give me the same vibes.
Does that make sense at all?

@Majiffy:
In post 128, Majiffy wrote:Calling it now, ABR is Breitbart
This was an initial thought of mine, but I'm not sure that ABR would shade Desperado in the way that he did (I certainly don't remember reading anything about it the next day).
In post 137, Brian Skies wrote:At first I thought Grey was just being bad, but after seeing the 'mason claims' pile onto me, I got reminded of StreetRacers, and now I think Grey is just scum.
Currently, I don't really see scum motivation behind Grey's recent play other than "sow chaos", which tends to be a fairly horrible strategy because blatantly horrible logic doesn't sway or manipulate anyone and talking about Trump after Trump is already outed doesn't seem like it's likely to out any additional power roles.

My current worry is that too much of his play is centered around the Trump role; I don't think he's trying to get Desperado mislynched and I don't think that he's "smart enough to know better" (everyone does silly and horrible things from time to time), but I could see a world where he's latching onto the FPSing play surrounding Trump because he thinks it will eventually get him read as town. This concern isn't large enough to shake him from a town read, but it's still there.

@Brian Skies:
In post 158, Little Red Fedora wrote:Point is: Don't misjudge Grey for a newbie; he's not. I find it concerning you're trying to discredit him as a newbie.
I agree with Alisae that Grey would be very unlikely to go for a sacrifice play early, which is what his Trump talk would make the most sense as coming from scum. If he is scum, he's either a suicidal role or he's expecting to go for the long haul, in my opinion.

@Tammy:
In post 171, Brian Skies wrote:Don't get comfortable. There's plenty of time for me to sink your ship.
It's probably stupid, but I actually really like Brian Skies's early exchange with Grey here.
When I played with him in Kuribo in Wonderland, I definitely got the sense that he was uncomfortable and a little more stilted as scum early and I didn't get that sense at all.
In post 187, bundle of sticks wrote:hello

we're a miller

i'm having a shit day, so i will read the thread later or tomorrow

-ceph
Completely missed this claim, but Ceph claiming miller after Pine already claimed negative utility is a good look for him and makes him townier. I think that if he came into the game planning to claim miller (as you pretty much have to do if you're trying to play it as scum), then he'd be scared off by the Pine claim. Moderator giving it to him as a fakeclaim is odd but even if I had a modclaim for a miller I'm not sure I'd claim it after someone else already claimed negative utility.

@xyzzy:
In post 212, xyzzy wrote:in what way is it derailing?

tell you what: I won't move my vote today until one of either kuribo or Ser Arthur Dayne explicitly asks me to do so, because apparently being informed about the current status of the game is a scum tell to them
Normally I'm not a person that goes "oh you're overreacting you're scum" because people have different responses to everything and I don't have experience with you so I'm not sure what your baseline as a player is, but I do think that this reaction is a little odd. I get the sense that maybe you're frustrated/overwhelmed because you feel like people are pushing too hard too early and for dumb reasons, and if that's the case, just trying to get a bead on your alignment and need some more from you in order to do that.

When you get the chance, could you possibly talk to me about some feelings/reads outside of the Fedora crumb? My biggest problem with you right now is that there's not much I can see from you outside of your Fedora talk, which I can see you picking up on as scum and using it as a way to get towncred.
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
Ser Arthur Dayne
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3679 (ISO) » Sat Mar 18, 2017 9:14 am

Post by Ser Arthur Dayne »

Kuribo has a lot of red flags btw but I just don't wanna push him or something b/c I'm not interested in getting in a shouting contest so I'll just leave him in a pile to be reevaluated later in the game. Along with like vaxkiller and spiffeh.

The lurker bloc is annoying though. DBG has less posts than formerfish :/ Hiplop I can barely remember is in the game.
vezokpiraka: If you are playing on EUNE we can duo.
chesskid3: I play on NA because i enjoy my freedom.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3680 (ISO) » Sat Mar 18, 2017 9:14 am

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 3675, Ser Arthur Dayne wrote:Brian Skies - I felt his attempt at fake-hammering was townie, and the way he said the mod PMed him saying it was a bad play or w/e also rang townie.
I'm very disappointed this is all you have to say about me. ):
bundle of sticks
bundle of sticks
Goon
bundle of sticks
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3681 (ISO) » Sat Mar 18, 2017 9:15 am

Post by bundle of sticks »

In post 3671, Brian Skies wrote:
In post 3614, bundle of sticks wrote:and tammy maybe scum, and i don't remember what if any reasons she has given for either.
In post 3399, Little Red Fedora wrote:We healed Spiffeh. We're a loud doctor. So I'm left with either I healed Spiffeh and thus Spiffeh is conftown or the killer was blocked. Since I don't think my hydras are that good where we can predict the scumkill accurately with me barely skimming the VCs on day 1, it made more sense that the kill was blocked. So Tammy looked rather scummy from my perspective considering someone claimed to blocked her and she claimed nearly unprovoked.

That's where I got Spiffeh was conftown or Tammy was scum Brian. I couldn't really explain that without claiming though... but I figured if you picked up the crumbs it would be obvious. Guess not.
Did you know I went to college and still apparently have the memory of a goldfish?
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3682 (ISO) » Sat Mar 18, 2017 9:15 am

Post by Brian Skies »

Also, I hate your Wraith read.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3683 (ISO) » Sat Mar 18, 2017 9:16 am

Post by Brian Skies »

I had no idea. But I just wanted to make things easier for you and show it to you instead of just saying 'titus said this.'
Little Red Fedora
Little Red Fedora
Goon
Little Red Fedora
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3684 (ISO) » Sat Mar 18, 2017 9:16 am

Post by Little Red Fedora »

In post 3676, Kise wrote:
In post 3501, Little Red Fedora wrote:
In post 478, Sir Elton Hercules John wrote:
Overheard in the street wrote:HOLY SHIT I'M SO GREAT I HEALED SPIFFEH LIKE A MUTHAFUCKIN BOSS TOUCHIN UGLY HOES TURNIN WATER INTO FINE
This is me. I have no interest in confirming or denying my flavor as I don't see how it helps town. It would only help scum plan their fakes.
Sorry I came up with more questions. Did you guys specifically write that? Does the mod ever confirm that you'll know when u successfully protect and when u whiff?
No. No. The second should be obvious as I would not have suspected Tammy made the kill and was blocked by Hippy if the mod confurmed we healed Spiffeh and he was shot.
It's an Alisae and Titus Hydra ;)
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #3685 (ISO) » Sat Mar 18, 2017 9:22 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

@Syryana:
What happens if you *hypothetically* votelocked an Actor (can only hammer)?

@Pine:
What happens if you are votelocked after eating a Christian baby (assuming that is the hammer only one)?
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #3686 (ISO) » Sat Mar 18, 2017 9:22 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Thank you for the explanations, SAD.

Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3687 (ISO) » Sat Mar 18, 2017 9:23 am

Post by Brian Skies »

I think DGB is probably town. She's still making an effort to give her thoughts on things even though she's being drowned in all the pages we generate. Also, this post makes so much more sense in hindsight.
Wraith
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3688 (ISO) » Sat Mar 18, 2017 9:25 am

Post by Wraith »

In post 3682, Brian Skies wrote:Also, I hate your Wraith read.
You hate literally every townread of me it seems
Show
"When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a communist." -Helder Camara

"For myself, I want no advantage over my fellow man, and if he is weaker than I, all the more is it my duty to help him." -Eugene Debs

"Our demands most modest are - we only want the earth!" -James Connolly
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3689 (ISO) » Sat Mar 18, 2017 9:26 am

Post by Brian Skies »

Well, I think you're scum, so obviously.
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #3690 (ISO) » Sat Mar 18, 2017 9:26 am

Post by Spiffeh »

I'm catching up later tonight so if Tammy and Nacho will be around then that would be cool??
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #3691 (ISO) » Sat Mar 18, 2017 9:27 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Hi Wraith!
Did you see the post I directed at you earlier?

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #3692 (ISO) » Sat Mar 18, 2017 9:27 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 3690, Spiffeh wrote:I'm catching up later tonight so if Tammy and Nacho will be around then that would be cool??
Gotta eat and shave my head, but I'm sure we'll be back.
Not that you care about talking to me anyways :(

Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3693 (ISO) » Sat Mar 18, 2017 9:28 am

Post by Tammy »

Heading out for dinner in a little bit hopefully, but will probably be able to check in and chat spiffeh.
I am in the top 90% of scumhunters onsite!
Little Red Fedora
Little Red Fedora
Goon
Little Red Fedora
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3694 (ISO) » Sat Mar 18, 2017 9:29 am

Post by Little Red Fedora »

In post 3692, Nachomamma8 wrote:
In post 3690, Spiffeh wrote:I'm catching up later tonight so if Tammy and Nacho will be around then that would be cool??
You and my husband have the most adorable hair when it grows out. Yet you both like cutting it.
It's an Alisae and Titus Hydra ;)
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3695 (ISO) » Sat Mar 18, 2017 9:31 am

Post by Tammy »

In post 2682, -Grey- wrote:Guess I should stop toying with kuribo.

VOTE: Hocho

ABR says scum play, I go with scum play.
Why did you vote for honcho after arguing that he was town for so long?
I am in the top 90% of scumhunters onsite!
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #3696 (ISO) » Sat Mar 18, 2017 9:33 am

Post by kuribo »

In post 3679, Ser Arthur Dayne wrote:Kuribo has a lot of red flags btw but I just don't wanna push him or something b/c I'm not interested in getting in a shouting contest so I'll just leave him in a pile to be reevaluated later in the game. Along with like vaxkiller and spiffeh.

The lurker bloc is annoying though. DBG has less posts than formerfish :/ Hiplop I can barely remember is in the game.

We can have one anyway because I'm getting real fucking sick of this being the second day of "oh something is off but lol"

Spit it out or Fuck off about it but either way people in this game are starting to piss me off with that petty sniping
Join me on my quest to play every NES game! Some of them are awful.

Kuribo's read is foolproof: one night he was high on NyQuil, and he's ancestors reveiled Aureal's alignment to him. - Dessew
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #3697 (ISO) » Sat Mar 18, 2017 9:36 am

Post by Spiffeh »

In post 3692, Nachomamma8 wrote:
I do care

I just mentioned you BY NAME that's a big deal!
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #3698 (ISO) » Sat Mar 18, 2017 9:36 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

I wasn't one of the people who you cared about seeing as town even though I've been scum for like the past 20 games against you.
That really fucking broke my heart man.

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #3699 (ISO) » Sat Mar 18, 2017 9:36 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Are you just still pissed at me for Gumball???

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”