Mini 1894: DBZ Abridged Mafia - Arrival To Namek (Game Over)

Imperium
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Wed Mar 22, 2017 9:59 am

Post by Imperium »

However, optimal strategy (whether you're playing offense or defense) is to keep quiet and get as many balls into town hands as possible, meaning early approach will be the same regardless of what we do. Later in the game, stakes will be higher (if we claim dragonballs, we can guarantee that scum don't yet have all the balls while if we don't we can't, and run the risk of scum surprise endgaming us).
A hydra of Nacho and Tammy!
Vifam
Vifam
Jack of All Trades
Vifam
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:03 am

Post by Vifam »

I just thought the balls meant you could wish for anything I didn't know we could only wish for bringing people back to life
ok
Vifam
Vifam
Jack of All Trades
Vifam
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:04 am

Post by Vifam »

VOTE: ABR
ok
ɀefiend
ɀefiend
Goon
ɀefiend
Goon
Goon

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:06 am

Post by ɀefiend »

Show of hands, who thinks inconsistency is a

A) scumtell
B) towntell
C) NAI

I wanna make sure where I wanna vote is (in)consistent with everyone's mentality here.
Imperium
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:07 am

Post by Imperium »

In post 153, Vifam wrote:VOTE: ABR
Vote: Not Chara

Why ABR?
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:08 am

Post by Alisae »

VOTE: Not Chara
GTKAS
| here.
MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:09 am

Post by MariaR »

Hey guys I'm at the start of page 5 stop talking on the dragon balls the more we keep doing it the less we focus on the game
I bet Maria is scum this game
~Firebringer
Na Maria isn't towny enough to be scum this game~
Charloux

MariaR goes for the uwu owo tsundere-dere look but you never know if she has a knife behind her back.~
Bitmap
Tywin Lannister
Tywin Lannister
Mafia Scum
Tywin Lannister
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:16 am

Post by Tywin Lannister »

In post 108, Almost50 wrote:
In post 105, Tywin Lannister wrote:g. Say I hammered scum who had multiple dragon balls. Scum would know immediately that I got them all, right? So then my best play is to pass them to a conf town or someone I hard TR to avoid scum getting them in case I then become the NK target. Right?
It IS in the Mechanics post. Passing balls resolves before NKs, and TOWN can only pass balls at night, while Scum can do it anytime except when they're the leading wagon.
Like i said, I barely skimmed them, but my point about passing the balls if you hammer someone with them, especially if they're scum, is probably the best play. I'll reread the mechanics after work, but I still think my view on it is right, or at least it's good to bluff and pretend you'll pass them. Idk.
Tywin Lannister
Tywin Lannister
Mafia Scum
Tywin Lannister
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:17 am

In post 111, Alisae wrote:
In post 110, Almost50 wrote:
In post 109, Alisae wrote:
In post 103, Almost50 wrote:3 Town leans
Who might these be?
Tywin, I,perium, and I forgot the third one, though I remember they had a cute avatar that they just changed into one that's not nearly as cute.
lmaaaaaaaaaaao
Why are you TRing them?
Lmaooooo (not really) why are you not?
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:19 am

Post by Alisae »

In post 159, Tywin Lannister wrote:
In post 111, Alisae wrote:
In post 110, Almost50 wrote:
In post 109, Alisae wrote:
In post 103, Almost50 wrote:3 Town leans
Who might these be?
Tywin, I,perium, and I forgot the third one, though I remember they had a cute avatar that they just changed into one that's not nearly as cute.
lmaaaaaaaaaaao
Why are you TRing them?
Lmaooooo (not really) why are you not?
Not really saying I SR you, it's moreso I want to understand what they are thinking.
GTKAS
| here.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:20 am

Post by Alisae »

Tywin I'm concerned because you know I ask questions like that all the time because I try to understand what people are thinking so I can work with them.
I have no idea how you got that I'm not TRing them based off of that.
GTKAS
| here.
Tywin Lannister
Tywin Lannister
Mafia Scum
Tywin Lannister
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:22 am

In post 117, Alisae wrote:That's not helpful.
Like what are the towny things they have done.
Why is it supposed to be helpful to you? Also, I now SR you based on your responses in the thread so far, such as constant bad questions, but not contributing or adding your own thoughts at any point. You also ask extremely superficial questions that don't actually do or say anything, but it makes you 'look' like you're contributing.

Basically, you're doing exactly what you did in Hogwarts Mafia as scum. You're not acting like townie you would. Funny, my vote was originally just RVS and OMGUS to your/Almost's vote, but now it actually has a reason to be there.
Imperium
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:22 am

Post by Imperium »

In post 154, ɀefiend wrote:Show of hands, who thinks inconsistency is a

A) scumtell
B) towntell
C) NAI

I wanna make sure where I wanna vote is (in)consistent with everyone's mentality here.
Why do you need a public poll before you place an early vote?
Tywin Lannister
Tywin Lannister
Mafia Scum
Tywin Lannister
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:23 am

In post 161, Alisae wrote:Tywin I'm concerned because you know I ask questions like that all the time because I try to understand what people are thinking so I can work with them.
I have no idea how you got that I'm not TRing them based off of that.
You have very subtle differences in what you ask and how you ask it when town/scum. I could be wrong here, but you're the best I've got so far early on D1.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:24 am

Post by Alisae »

In post 162, Tywin Lannister wrote:
In post 117, Alisae wrote:That's not helpful.
Like what are the towny things they have done.
Why is it supposed to be helpful to you? Also, I now SR you based on your responses in the thread so far, such as constant bad questions, but not contributing or adding your own thoughts at any point. You also ask extremely superficial questions that don't actually do or say anything, but it makes you 'look' like you're contributing.

Basically, you're doing exactly what you did in Hogwarts Mafia as scum. You're not acting like townie you would. Funny, my vote was originally just RVS and OMGUS to your/Almost's vote, but now it actually has a reason to be there.
ooooooooooh you're scum. Everything makes sense now considering town!Tywin doesn't SR me for that.
GTKAS
| here.
Imperium
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:24 am

Post by Imperium »

In post 87, Almost50 wrote:I like to play defense. I'd root for Italy over Germany (soccer) any day of the week. Don't concede and thus you cannot lose is my motto.
A strong defense makes scoring less urgent but that doesn't mean that scoring is no longer a necessity
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:34 am

Post by Majiffy »

In post 149, Almost50 wrote:You can ONLY wish for someone to be resurrected, unless your Role PM specifies otherwise.
Please quote this because I read the mechanics post several times and I don't see any specification on what can be wished for.
Only playing in games at personal moderator and/or 50%+ playerlist request.

How To Win Every Game At Mafiascum (The Flowchart)
||
In case anyone was unsure...
Svenskt Stål (23:38) majiffy, worst mod on ms? we talk to a surviving victim of his game
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:35 am

Post by Alisae »

In post 167, Majiffy wrote:
In post 149, Almost50 wrote:You can ONLY wish for someone to be resurrected, unless your Role PM specifies otherwise.
Please quote this because I read the mechanics post several times and I don't see any specification on what can be wished for.
In post 2, KuroiXHF wrote:- The wish will be the resurrection of someone who is dead, unless your role allows you to wish for something else.
GTKAS
| here.
Imperium
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:35 am

Post by Imperium »

In post 106, Imperium wrote:Will respond when not on my phone walking out the door, but Tywin are you an alt or are you as new as your start date says?
I will still respond when I'm not out on phone, but I no longer care about this question as I have a decent enough meaning town read that it doesn't matter.
Imperium
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:37 am

Post by Imperium »

In post 89, Tywin Lannister wrote:You agree with it, but don't agree with it? What does that even mean, and why do you need my response to respond to it at all? Are you hoping for a quick wagon on me, and you want to help him shade me with some very bad reasoning?
I think that his logic was shaky (a vast majority of scumteams wouldn't go "Almost caught me for my partners not voting me last game so vote me in RVS and that totally won't be a problem"), but I thought that his overall approach looked genuine. Desperado correctly pointed out that his thought process was impressively fleshed out for scum in a very early stage of the game, and his engagement with you seemed like he was genuinely trying to read you.

I didn't want to jump in the middle of his reasoning because even though I didn't agree with him, me disagreeing didn't make his argument useless (and occasionally strength of an argument isn't the most important thing in early game).

Does this make sense? I'm a bit distracted at the moment so chances are high I didn't say quite what I wanted to say.
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:38 am

Post by Majiffy »

Boy that's really buried way late in that explanation
Only playing in games at personal moderator and/or 50%+ playerlist request.

How To Win Every Game At Mafiascum (The Flowchart)
||
In case anyone was unsure...
Svenskt Stål (23:38) majiffy, worst mod on ms? we talk to a surviving victim of his game
Imperium
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:47 am

Post by Imperium »

In post 112, ɀefiend wrote:Therefore, optimal strategy dictates that we should play defense, by only passing at Night if we have more than 1 ball, and not passing in all other circumstances
My impression is that you've proved that using common sense and holding onto balls when you don't have a bunch is smarter than passing randomly, but not that defense is better than offense.
Imperium
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Wed Mar 22, 2017 11:12 am

Post by Imperium »

In post 157, MariaR wrote:Hey guys I'm at the start of page 5 stop talking on the dragon balls the more we keep doing it the less we focus on the game
If people talk about dragonballs and don't do any scumhunting then call them out on an individual level; I don't think talking about them hurts the town and I do think a mechanic that can effectively give scum an extra member if we mess up should be discussed.
MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Wed Mar 22, 2017 11:17 am

Post by MariaR »

In post 173, Imperium wrote:
In post 157, MariaR wrote:Hey guys I'm at the start of page 5 stop talking on the dragon balls the more we keep doing it the less we focus on the game
If people talk about dragonballs and don't do any scumhunting then call them out on an individual level; I don't think talking about them hurts the town and I do think a mechanic that can effectively give scum an extra member if we mess up should be discussed.
Talking about it for 5 pages in a row got us 0 input what so ever when we can just ohh idk L Y N C H S C U M I N S T E A D ?

Like the only thing I think should be questions is everyone agrees on someone hammering like a weak role or something so if mafia kills that person for dragon balls we don't lose THAT much
I bet Maria is scum this game
~Firebringer
Na Maria isn't towny enough to be scum this game~
Charloux

MariaR goes for the uwu owo tsundere-dere look but you never know if she has a knife behind her back.~
Bitmap
Desperado
Desperado
Survivor
Desperado
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Wed Mar 22, 2017 11:24 am

Post by Desperado »

are you suggesting that any discussion of the dragonballs is strictly nai maria?

cuz I dont agree
;)

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”