In post 1645, Juri wrote:
In post 1605, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 1576, Juri wrote:
In post 1575, Contradiction wrote:
In post 1563, Dunnstral wrote:Yea; let's kill dark
I'm not getting lynched today.
VOTE: Contradiction
Why did you vote them here?
Every journey's gotta start with a step. I wanted to put some extra pressure on him and see what happened. I think in general it is helpful to be willing to participate in pressuring players. Turns out it's been informative, although maybe in a bad way for us.
I thought you weren't willing to lynch the slot
hapahauli
hapahauli
Goon
hapahauli
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1651 (ISO) » Tue Mar 28, 2017 5:00 am

Post by hapahauli »

Elaborating.

In post 1585, boring wrote:I've read the last five pages or so. If Trivium isn't scum, that's gonna suck because he's not going to be any help. I don't know yet why Darklyn was a favorite for lynch, but I could live with voting Contradiction from his intro until I find out.

Gerryoat is seems different. More active/adversarial than last game I played with him.

Everything in this post is about "trying to fit in" (scum), as opposed to "lynching mafia" (town).

Firstly,
boring's vote is basically designed not to be taken seriously. He openly placed his vote somewhere despite clearly not having caught up with the game and acknowledging that he hasn't read Darklyn's ISO.

Secondly,
look at some of the conclusions he draws over the past 5 pages. All are non-alignment indicative and useless:
If Trivium isn't scum, that's gonna suck because he's not going to be any help.
...I could live with voting Contradiction from his intro until I find out.
Gerryoat is seems different. More active/adversarial than last game I played with him.
None of these observations discuss at all what alignment these players could be. They are empty.

Lastly,
he's not lynching Contradiction because he's suspicious of that slot. He's lynching him for all the other reasons. Again:
Note the lack of "I'm suspicious of Contradiction, that's why I'm voting him", or "Contradiction is scummy". It's just "I can live with voting Contradiction from his intro that I'm going to tell you nothing about." He doesn't draw alignment indicative conclusions. He just dangles some bullshit tell out there and hopes that other people will draw their own conclusions.

This post was entirely designed to vomit words out there. There is no intent to provide useful information, lynch mafia, or anything helpful to town. Ergo, boring is mafia, acting like he's contributing, without actually contributing.
A TeamLiquid Mafia journeyman.
Need a replacement for your game? Shoot me a PM.
hapahauli
hapahauli
Goon
hapahauli
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1652 (ISO) » Tue Mar 28, 2017 5:04 am

Post by hapahauli »

In post 1588, boring wrote:The way I see it, there are two primary possibilities, in roughly equal measure, if taken out of the context of the slot.

1) he's scum. He's banking on the soft claim to avert a wagon elsewhere. Once "safe", he'll ignore his own soft until it becomes convenient. Since his counterwagonite is the most likely person to reference it later, he can play the stalwart and accuse them of fishing. More than anything, he gets to enjoy a breather because there are plenty other lunchables hanging out who haven't claimed anything.

2) he's town, and he's placing his own convenience above the win condition. He was going to have to put in some decent effort to hop out of the collective scum pool. Rather than do that work, he chose the lazy way out.
Several people have mentioned this post already.

Boring has his vote on Contradiction, while openly acknowledging two possibilities for Contradiction's alignment. There's no indication he thinks Contradiction is more likely to flip mafia than town. In fact, eh considers both possibilities "in roughly equal measure".

Combine this with his first post, and I'm pretty sure we have ourselves a mafia.
hapahauli
hapahauli
Goon
hapahauli
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1653 (ISO) » Tue Mar 28, 2017 5:05 am

Post by hapahauli »

In post 1636, gerryoat wrote:
In post 1619, hapahauli wrote:
In post 1585, boring wrote:I've read the last five pages or so. If Trivium isn't scum, that's gonna suck because he's not going to be any help. I don't know yet why Darklyn was a favorite for lynch, but I could live with voting Contradiction from his intro until I find out.

VOTE: boring

This vote is dripping with scumminess. Will elaborate tomorrow.
Dude wtf, no picture or rhyming?
Eh. Bit too busy with work to be doing that stuff. Might continue it later. We'll see.
gerryoat
gerryoat
Survivor
gerryoat
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1654 (ISO) » Tue Mar 28, 2017 5:14 am

Post by gerryoat »

In post 1649, projectmatt wrote:Okay, I promise that I'll post content tomorrow night, even if it might be slightly later. I apologize for being absent - this has been one of the busiest weeks of my life and I should have taken a V/LA. I'm still in this!
wow i didnt ralize your mafia scum account was so old. where you here before EM?
TheFuzzylogic99
TheFuzzylogic99
Mafia Scum
TheFuzzylogic99
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1655 (ISO) » Tue Mar 28, 2017 7:19 am

Post by TheFuzzylogic99 »

hmmm..... I am not sure why we are wanting to lynch Dark/ Contradiction. I read Darks ISO and as far as I can tell Darks play is pretty blah,,,,,, I don't really see why we should read him either way other than he is pretty much trolling this game.
Maybe someone can give me a better grip why we should lynch Contradiction. On a side note I generally have a rule not to lynch a replace in until they have at least 1 day to get caught the exception being if the player slot is super scummy or has been pinged by an
investigation role. Right now I am not that up on lynching this slot.
TheFuzzylogic99
TheFuzzylogic99
Mafia Scum
TheFuzzylogic99
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1656 (ISO) » Tue Mar 28, 2017 7:20 am

I will try to read and catch up more today.........
momo
momo
Mafia Scum
momo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1657 (ISO) » Tue Mar 28, 2017 7:54 am

Post by momo »

@Contradiction, if I asked TB to list ll of his alts right now, would he list you.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1658 (ISO) » Tue Mar 28, 2017 7:57 am

Post by Dunnstral »

momo I don't know what you're getting at but I recommend you not do that

and I can pretty much recognize it's him
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1659 (ISO) » Tue Mar 28, 2017 8:18 am

Post by boring »

In post 1647, gerryoat wrote:
In post 1644, boring wrote:
In post 1643, gerryoat wrote:yes but if you dumb down your entire analysis, it's obvious that he's either town or mafia. regardless of the scenarios
Everything comes down to that, if you dumb it down far enough. I think you might have missed the entire point, but I guess that can't be helped.

In post 1553, gerryoat wrote:VOTE: Trivium

Please get this out of this game, he's too forced. if he's town he needs mentoring
Do you really think he's the most likely scum, or is this a bit of a policy vote?
In post 1637, gerryoat wrote:Bp claim is mostly always the easy scum claim. Boring's post at 1588 is one of the worst posts I've seen in a game. Lynching one would be good. Triv could be bad town cause only bad town can say some of the awful things he is
I clearly said what I thought in the SAME post you clearly read. Boring why are you asking questions you know the answer to
your vote was on Trivium.
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1660 (ISO) » Tue Mar 28, 2017 8:29 am

Post by boring »

In post 1651, hapahauli wrote:
Elaborating.

Everything in this post is about "trying to fit in" (scum), as opposed to "lynching mafia" (town).

Firstly,
boring's vote is basically designed not to be taken seriously. He openly placed his vote somewhere despite clearly not having caught up with the game and acknowledging that he hasn't read Darklyn's ISO.

Secondly,
look at some of the conclusions he draws over the past 5 pages. All are non-alignment indicative and useless:
If Trivium isn't scum, that's gonna suck because he's not going to be any help.
None of these observations discuss at all what alignment these players could be. They are empty.

Lastly,
he's not lynching Contradiction because he's suspicious of that slot. He's lynching him for all the other reasons. Again:
Note the lack of "I'm suspicious of Contradiction, that's why I'm voting him", or "Contradiction is scummy". It's just "I can live with voting Contradiction from his intro that I'm going to tell you nothing about." He doesn't draw alignment indicative conclusions. He just dangles some bullshit tell out there and hopes that other people will draw their own conclusions.

This post was entirely designed to vomit words out there. There is no intent to provide useful information, lynch mafia, or anything helpful to town. Ergo, boring is mafia, acting like he's contributing, without actually contributing.
Ouch. Okay, point taken. I can't seem to strike a balance between obv. town and scummy with my town game, apparently. I like your analysis, and it makes sense except for my knowledge that your conclusion is wrong. Basically, if it was anyone but me, you'd have me convinced. It certainly stands out as solid town.

If I do end up earning my first mislynch over my general intro, I'd appreciate some pointers when the game is over (pm is fine).

Oh, and I'm a chick.
gerryoat
gerryoat
Survivor
gerryoat
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1661 (ISO) » Tue Mar 28, 2017 8:51 am

Post by gerryoat »

In post 1655, TheFuzzylogic99 wrote:hmmm..... I am not sure why we are wanting to lynch Dark/ Contradiction. I read Darks ISO and as far as I can tell Darks play is pretty blah,,,,,, I don't really see why we should read him either way other than he is pretty much trolling this game.
Maybe someone can give me a better grip why we should lynch Contradiction. On a side note I generally have a rule not to lynch a replace in until they have at least 1 day to get caught the exception being if the player slot is super scummy or has been pinged by an
Vig this when contradiction flips scum
gerryoat
gerryoat
Survivor
gerryoat
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1662 (ISO) » Tue Mar 28, 2017 8:56 am

Post by gerryoat »

In post 1659, boring wrote:
In post 1647, gerryoat wrote:
In post 1644, boring wrote:
In post 1643, gerryoat wrote:yes but if you dumb down your entire analysis, it's obvious that he's either town or mafia. regardless of the scenarios
Everything comes down to that, if you dumb it down far enough. I think you might have missed the entire point, but I guess that can't be helped.

In post 1553, gerryoat wrote:VOTE: Trivium

Please get this out of this game, he's too forced. if he's town he needs mentoring
Do you really think he's the most likely scum, or is this a bit of a policy vote?
In post 1637, gerryoat wrote:Bp claim is mostly always the easy scum claim. Boring's post at 1588 is one of the worst posts I've seen in a game. Lynching one would be good. Triv could be bad town cause only bad town can say some of the awful things he is
I clearly said what I thought in the SAME post you clearly read. Boring why are you asking questions you know the answer to
your vote was on Trivium.
Ok, fine. Been in mobile. But I did state my intentions. UNVOTE:
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1663 (ISO) » Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:28 am

Post by boring »

So in my defense, my evidently awful posts have drummed up some activity. Also, between my initial posts and the reaming I just got, I did clarify that I scum read Contradiction, scum lean Trivium, and scum-suspect Gerry based on past experience.

Though, I've slept on it, and I'd like to wait on Trivium. I think I might have been a little biased.

Also, I've taken it as a given that Dunnstral is town, but I haven't actually given his alignment much thought.

Hapahauli, on first impression, your ass-chewing seems townie. I think your other omissions (I can elaborate better when I'm not phone-posting) were just my poor communication than anything deliberately manipulative on your part.

I have a townie impression of Juri and Momo. I haven't looked at the rest too hard.

P-edit. Fair enough, gerryoat
gerryoat
gerryoat
Survivor
gerryoat
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1664 (ISO) » Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:54 am

Post by gerryoat »

How am I different, boring?
TheFuzzylogic99
TheFuzzylogic99
Mafia Scum
TheFuzzylogic99
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1665 (ISO) » Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:23 am

In post 1661, gerryoat wrote:
In post 1655, TheFuzzylogic99 wrote:hmmm..... I am not sure why we are wanting to lynch Dark/ Contradiction. I read Darks ISO and as far as I can tell Darks play is pretty blah,,,,,, I don't really see why we should read him either way other than he is pretty much trolling this game.
Vig this when contradiction flips scum
So do we get to vig you if Con flips town???????

Honestly I hate it when people ask for a person to be vigged,,,,,, I find it scummy as they want a person dead but at not willing to place a vote on a person. Can you tell me why this is a town quote,,,,,,
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1666 (ISO) » Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:27 am

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 1663, boring wrote:Also, I've taken it as a given that Dunnstral is town, but I haven't actually given his alignment much thought.
:good:
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1667 (ISO) » Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:51 am

Post by boring »

In post 1664, gerryoat wrote:How am I different, boring?
You were more relaxed, open, and friendly, I thought. Even when arguing against being scum-read, it was in a more detached and docile tone. You been more abrupt, confident, and confrontational here.

If you told me that two different people play out of the Gerryoat account, I'd believe it.
momo
momo
Mafia Scum
momo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1668 (ISO) » Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:59 am

Post by momo »

In post 1658, Dunnstral wrote:momo I don't know what you're getting at but I recommend you not do that

and I can pretty much recognize it's him
I will be asking TB.

And let it be known, while I TR you, if Contradiction is not listed as an alt, I will start scum reading you real quick.
momo
momo
Mafia Scum
momo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1669 (ISO) » Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:03 am

Post by momo »

I have been asked by the mod to not do the above.

My vote still remains on Contradiction because I find myself unable to suspend disbelief. I am getting a scum LEAN, (not read) from Dunn due to support of Contradiction.
momo
momo
Mafia Scum
momo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1670 (ISO) » Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:05 am

Post by momo »

In post 350, Dunnstral wrote:I'm not very good at explaining my reads, but I'll say that impoetic is a mixture of seeming not quite right earlier on and then what she said that I called her out on + her reaction to pressure
Another reason I scum lean dunn.
TheFuzzylogic99
TheFuzzylogic99
Mafia Scum
TheFuzzylogic99
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1671 (ISO) » Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:13 am

@MoMo
Why is it that being a TB alt makes him scum........
momo
momo
Mafia Scum
momo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1672 (ISO) » Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:15 am

Post by momo »

I just don't think he is a TB alt. The alt reveal just seemed to quick. The account was created to hide the identity and yet it was revealed so quickly.
momo
momo
Mafia Scum
momo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1673 (ISO) » Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:17 am

Post by momo »

does scum have daytalk???
gerryoat
gerryoat
Survivor
gerryoat
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1674 (ISO) » Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:20 am

Post by gerryoat »

In post 1667, boring wrote:
In post 1664, gerryoat wrote:How am I different, boring?
You were more relaxed, open, and friendly, I thought. Even when arguing against being scum-read, it was in a more detached and docile tone. You been more abrupt, confident, and confrontational here.

If you told me that two different people play out of the Gerryoat account, I'd believe it.
Lmao I can link 5 town games where I'm the opposite, go look at space maf or laundry maf in my games

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”