[Game Over] Newbie 1784 - Escape Room

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
StealthyNoodle
StealthyNoodle
Goon
StealthyNoodle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #225 (ISO) » Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:46 am

Post by StealthyNoodle »

In post 223, WhyMafia wrote:*Waves*
Anyone alive?
Hello hello.

Well, Pine just posted in two other threads. Either he's forgotten about this thread, or he's simply not responding on purpose.
StealthyNoodle
StealthyNoodle
Goon
StealthyNoodle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #226 (ISO) » Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:00 pm

Post by StealthyNoodle »

Hopefully he's writing a juicy post right now. There are just hours left till prod.
TesXX
TesXX
Mafia Scum
TesXX
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #227 (ISO) » Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:09 pm

Post by TesXX »

Instead of making all of these in one post, I'll just do them 1 by 1.
nancyI've already explained why I think her reasoning against the BP or not BP strategy is bad, but I would also like to add that I don't like how she was talking about how newbies should be learning to play, but then she refuses to claim because
It's not fun or interesting
which doesn't sound like something from a player who wants to teach newbies how to play. Also newbies shouldn't be taught to act like their scumreads are confirmed scum on page 7.
@nancy what is it that makes you townread Pine this much?
WhyMafia
WhyMafia
Jack of All Trades
WhyMafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #228 (ISO) » Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:09 pm

Post by WhyMafia »

In post 225, StealthyNoodle wrote:
In post 223, WhyMafia wrote:*Waves*
Anyone alive?
Hello hello.

Well, Pine just posted in two other threads. Either he's forgotten about this thread, or he's simply not responding on purpose.
In post 226, StealthyNoodle wrote:Hopefully he's writing a juicy post right now. There are just hours left till prod.
Inb4 he replies with a one word answer
Chronicle
Chronicle
Goon
Chronicle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #229 (ISO) » Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:58 pm

Post by Chronicle »

In post 219, StealthyNoodle wrote:I still keep one noodle on nancy, for the same reasons as before.
nancy is prob town though. Ignoring her setup spec stances(actually even if I took them into account), her approach to the game has been largely towny.
StealthyNoodle
StealthyNoodle
Goon
StealthyNoodle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #230 (ISO) » Tue Mar 28, 2017 1:10 pm

Post by StealthyNoodle »

In post 227, TesXX wrote:@nancy what is it that makes you townread Pine this much?
They seem to have history. I don't think there's much more to it, but I don't know.
Chronicle
Chronicle
Goon
Chronicle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #231 (ISO) » Tue Mar 28, 2017 1:17 pm

Post by Chronicle »

In post 222, WhyMafia wrote:I personally think pine is worth looking into -
He begins by heavily defending Nancy and proceeds to leave

In addition, I would have to say Nancy has a higher chance of scum than stealthy atm. She repeatedly appeals to my emotions, making me want to trust her. My other reasoning in on my reads list from page 8. I don't feel like repeating all of it. Just go check. That being said, I do appreciate what you said Nancy xd.
What even? Have you even thought to yourself why AtE is scummy before you said this?
Srceenplay
Srceenplay
Jack of All Trades
Srceenplay
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #232 (ISO) » Tue Mar 28, 2017 1:18 pm

Post by Srceenplay »

In post 230, StealthyNoodle wrote:
In post 227, TesXX wrote:@nancy what is it that makes you townread Pine this much?
They seem to have history. I don't think there's much more to it, but I don't know.
Then why respond to someone else's question?
"A man can not be too careful on the choices of his enemies." Oscar Wilde
StealthyNoodle
StealthyNoodle
Goon
StealthyNoodle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #233 (ISO) » Tue Mar 28, 2017 1:27 pm

Post by StealthyNoodle »

In post 232, Srceenplay wrote: Then why respond to someone else's question?
Fair enough.
TesXX
TesXX
Mafia Scum
TesXX
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #234 (ISO) » Tue Mar 28, 2017 1:29 pm

Post by TesXX »

In post 230, StealthyNoodle wrote:
I know but even if you have a lot of experience with playing with someone, I still don't get why you'd get such a strong tr on them when they have nine posts.
MiniDeathStar
MiniDeathStar
she/her
Mafia Scum
MiniDeathStar
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #235 (ISO) » Tue Mar 28, 2017 1:32 pm

Post by MiniDeathStar »

N
ewbie
G
ame
#

Notice

Pine
has been prodded.
I'm still ill so I'm really sorry for not updating votecount flavour yet.
WhyMafia
WhyMafia
Jack of All Trades
WhyMafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #236 (ISO) » Tue Mar 28, 2017 1:49 pm

Post by WhyMafia »

In post 235, MiniDeathStar wrote:
N
ewbie
G
ame
#

Notice

Pine
has been prodded.
I'm still ill so I'm really sorry for not updating votecount flavour yet.
Hope you feel better soon
WhyMafia
WhyMafia
Jack of All Trades
WhyMafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #237 (ISO) » Tue Mar 28, 2017 1:49 pm

Post by WhyMafia »

In post 231, Chronicle wrote:
In post 222, WhyMafia wrote:I personally think pine is worth looking into -
He begins by heavily defending Nancy and proceeds to leave

In addition, I would have to say Nancy has a higher chance of scum than stealthy atm. She repeatedly appeals to my emotions, making me want to trust her. My other reasoning in on my reads list from page 8. I don't feel like repeating all of it. Just go check. That being said, I do appreciate what you said Nancy xd.
What even? Have you even thought to yourself why AtE is scummy before you said this?
Wtf does AtE even mean
StealthyNoodle
StealthyNoodle
Goon
StealthyNoodle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #238 (ISO) » Tue Mar 28, 2017 2:17 pm

Post by StealthyNoodle »

In post 237, WhyMafia wrote: Wtf does AtE even mean
Appeal to Emotion.
StealthyNoodle
StealthyNoodle
Goon
StealthyNoodle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #239 (ISO) » Tue Mar 28, 2017 2:39 pm

Post by StealthyNoodle »

In post 229, Chronicle wrote:
In post 219, StealthyNoodle wrote:I still keep one noodle on nancy, for the same reasons as before.
nancy is prob town though. Ignoring her setup spec stances(actually even if I took them into account), her approach to the game has been largely towny.
Well I'll try to shed some light on my suspicions then.

Before that, am I the only one who'd prefer that nancy
didn't
put teaching above playing to her win-con? Is there anyone who prefers that she's playing this way?
nancy, depending on the outcome, would you change your playstyle?

(let me add that I'm really glad you're eager to assist and explain. I simply do not want you to cast aside your win-con for that)
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #240 (ISO) » Tue Mar 28, 2017 2:53 pm

Post by nancy »

In post 205, WhyMafia wrote:Thanks for the reads list advice Nancy. Much appreciated
It's just a combination of irl stuff + the fact that all of you seem to know what you're doing xd. I am able to understand what's going on, but I'm just not really used to this. If that makes any sense. Like I've learned a lot from just a couple of days so far, and it's just a lot to process.
You're welcome. Don't worry, I promise that this is a case of everyone else seeming to know what they are doing without really having any clue. You can't see into the doubts and confusion in other people's minds, but it's always there. That said, I definitely have a better idea of what's going on that you! So if you need help processing anything, let me know!

In post 206, WhyMafia wrote:Why are you so sure pine is town? He made only a few posts and they were simply to defend you. I'm just interested in hearing your reasoning
Pine and I are friends, and I like to think I can get a pretty good read on him early on. Combination of gut and recognizing patterns.
:2017-2018:
hi meet my mafiascum gravestone, the flowers were probably left by camn or schadd or Prism, blow them kisses for me would you?
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #241 (ISO) » Tue Mar 28, 2017 2:58 pm

Post by nancy »

In post 208, WhyMafia wrote:B) what does "your poor me I'm bad AtE is scummy mean
AtE = Appeal to Emotions.

https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?ti ... reviations

Feel free to use the above link as a reference if you encounter an abbreviation you don't know. If you haven't already read the wiki pages Pine linked to in his IC post, I'd highly recommend that, when you feel you can process it.
:2017-2018:
hi meet my mafiascum gravestone, the flowers were probably left by camn or schadd or Prism, blow them kisses for me would you?
TesXX
TesXX
Mafia Scum
TesXX
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #242 (ISO) » Tue Mar 28, 2017 3:09 pm

Post by TesXX »

In post 240, nancy wrote:
In post 206, WhyMafia wrote:Why are you so sure pine is town? He made only a few posts and they were simply to defend you. I'm just interested in hearing your reasoning
Pine and I are friends, and I like to think I can get a pretty good read on him early on. Combination of gut and recognizing patterns.
But he only made nine posts. What patterns did you see in his posts that made you TR him?
WhyMafia
WhyMafia
Jack of All Trades
WhyMafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #243 (ISO) » Tue Mar 28, 2017 3:18 pm

Post by WhyMafia »

In post 242, TesXX wrote:
But he only made nine posts. What patterns did you see in his posts that made you TR him?
He made four game related posts. I also fail to see how one could tell if it's a town read after so little info, even if prior friends
WhyMafia
WhyMafia
Jack of All Trades
WhyMafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #244 (ISO) » Tue Mar 28, 2017 3:20 pm

Post by WhyMafia »

In post 241, nancy wrote:
In post 208, WhyMafia wrote:B) what does "your poor me I'm bad AtE is scummy mean
AtE = Appeal to Emotions.

https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?ti ... reviations

Feel free to use the above link as a reference if you encounter an abbreviation you don't know. If you haven't already read the wiki pages Pine linked to in his IC post, I'd highly recommend that, when you feel you can process it.
In post 205, WhyMafia wrote:Thanks for the reads list advice Nancy. Much appreciated
It's just a combination of irl stuff + the fact that all of you seem to know what you're doing xd. I am able to understand what's going on, but I'm just not really used to this. If that makes any sense. Like I've learned a lot from just a couple of days so far, and it's just a lot to process.
You're welcome. Don't worry, I promise that this is a case of everyone else seeming to know what they are doing without really having any clue. You can't see into the doubts and confusion in other people's minds, but it's always there. That said, I definitely have a better idea of what's going on that you! So if you need help processing anything, let me know!

Chronicle
Chronicle
Goon
Chronicle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #245 (ISO) » Tue Mar 28, 2017 3:24 pm

Post by Chronicle »

In post 239, StealthyNoodle wrote:Before that, am I the only one who'd prefer that nancy didn't put teaching above playing to her win-con? Is there anyone who prefers that she's playing this way?
No, I would have preferred she just went along with it and save us the trouble, but I do not think that alone tells anything of her alignment.
WhyMafia
WhyMafia
Jack of All Trades
WhyMafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #246 (ISO) » Tue Mar 28, 2017 3:25 pm

Post by WhyMafia »

In post 212, StealthyNoodle wrote:
In post 210, WhyMafia wrote:I was unaware mentioning emotions was scummy.
Not really, but your statement does come through as fishing for compassion. Something a wolf in sheep's clothing could do.
Fair enough. I won't really talk about my issues till endgame
In post 215, Chronicle wrote:
In post 205, WhyMafia wrote:@chronicle it was not a good idea to vote me and just leave me hanging. You just simply voted me and left. Do you have anything to add?
I'm going to be doing naked votes often, I'm beginning to like them.
What would be the point of naked votes lol.
WhyMafia
WhyMafia
Jack of All Trades
WhyMafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #247 (ISO) » Tue Mar 28, 2017 3:26 pm

Post by WhyMafia »

In post 245, Chronicle wrote:
In post 239, StealthyNoodle wrote:Before that, am I the only one who'd prefer that nancy didn't put teaching above playing to her win-con? Is there anyone who prefers that she's playing this way?
No, I would have preferred she just went along with it and save us the trouble, but I do not think that alone tells anything of her alignment.
I think it's weird bc she didn't want to use it bc of teaching noobs but I fail to see any major noobs here except for me
StealthyNoodle
StealthyNoodle
Goon
StealthyNoodle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #248 (ISO) » Tue Mar 28, 2017 3:30 pm

Post by StealthyNoodle »

40 minutes earlier:
YOU'RE WELCOME
StealthyNoodle
StealthyNoodle
Goon
StealthyNoodle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #249 (ISO) » Tue Mar 28, 2017 3:33 pm

Post by StealthyNoodle »

In post 245, Chronicle wrote:
If nancy's town, I find it weird that she's decided to share that she'll cast aside her win-con for teaching others to play. In addition to being a minor rule break(or am I in the wrong here?), she's soley agreeing to lower the majority of players' chances of winning.

If nancy's scum, she could simply be lying about casting aside win-con for teaching, merely using it as a coverup. She wouldn't be breaking any rules either(being a self-proclaimed SE, I suppose she'd do her best to respect the rules).

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”