Mini 1898 - Inception Mafia - The Hub (GAME OVER)

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #325 (ISO) » Thu Apr 06, 2017 5:38 am

Post by Almost50 »

We may, but what's the point? The roles will be distributed absolutely randomly, so it's not like you can tell the alignment from the claimed afflictions.

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
McMenno
McMenno
they/them
One For Aren't-We-All
McMenno
they/them
One For Aren't-We-All
One For Aren't-We-All
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #326 (ISO) » Thu Apr 06, 2017 5:40 am

Post by McMenno »

okay, so you say: lynching before dreaming makes us lynch semi-blindly because we don't know what'll happen in dreams wrt roles

well a massclaim would solve this because we'd have all the roles out

then you say: we shouldn't massclaim because roles are distributed randomly. do you just want the person who we are dreaming inside of to claim? I'm not sure what you're trying to say here
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #327 (ISO) » Thu Apr 06, 2017 5:41 am

Post by Hiraki »

you're not wrong but I just want to clarify

Mod: Are ALL possible afflictions or just some examples?
McMenno
McMenno
they/them
One For Aren't-We-All
McMenno
they/them
One For Aren't-We-All
One For Aren't-We-All

Post Post #328 (ISO) » Thu Apr 06, 2017 5:42 am

Post by McMenno »

In post 2, Neko Tail wrote:A list of all the possible afflictions are presented after this post. The afflictions are what determine your roles and abilities. They will be distributed totally randomly when pregame phase ends.
reading: it's not hard.
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #329 (ISO) » Thu Apr 06, 2017 5:44 am

Post by Hiraki »

its v hard ty
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: they (pl.)

Post Post #330 (ISO) » Thu Apr 06, 2017 5:54 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

In post 313, Not Chara wrote:Infinity, the entire game is based around going into dreams so we can lynch players. i really don't find it unlikely that plenty of players will be going in and out of dreams and having to watch their perception. and that isn't thinking about situations where scum players could kick anonymously and hurt town that are farther into the dream. there's a lot we don't know about the roles in this game. you can't guarantee anything when we only have the mechanics.
Of course there could be roles which change stuff but without them, since we can lynch so many times in dreams I don't see how we'd need to bring people back to the main thread multiple times.

But w/e
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

plural system, we may or may not sign
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #331 (ISO) » Thu Apr 06, 2017 6:07 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 326, McMenno wrote:okay, so you say: lynching before dreaming makes us lynch semi-blindly because we don't know what'll happen in dreams wrt roles

well a massclaim would solve this because we'd have all the roles out

then you say: we shouldn't massclaim because roles are distributed randomly. do you just want the person who we are dreaming inside of to claim? I'm not sure what you're trying to say here
What's the difference between lynching in your dream and lynching in mine? In other words, why do we want to vote X and not Y with the
Dream
vote?

Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #332 (ISO) » Thu Apr 06, 2017 6:08 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

Nothing as far as we know.
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

Not Chara
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #333 (ISO) » Thu Apr 06, 2017 6:13 am

Post by Not Chara »

oh, i see what he's saying.

who is dreaming
must
matter or it wouldn't matter whose dream we were in. it would just be a group of players in a new thread. that we have to choose and vote a specific player to get a dream thread indicates there's probably some mechanical importance to that.
"You're the oddest juxtaposition of reasonable and unreasonable I've ever seen."
---- Papa Zito
it's me, . avatar by
bente
McMenno
McMenno
they/them
One For Aren't-We-All
McMenno
they/them
One For Aren't-We-All
One For Aren't-We-All

Post Post #334 (ISO) » Thu Apr 06, 2017 6:17 am

Post by McMenno »

does anyone have any objections to claiming in playerlist order? or should we just claim whenever, as to speed up the progress?
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #335 (ISO) » Thu Apr 06, 2017 6:19 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

In post 333, Not Chara wrote:oh, i see what he's saying.

who is dreaming
must
matter or it wouldn't matter whose dream we were in. it would just be a group of players in a new thread. that we have to choose and vote a specific player to get a dream thread indicates there's probably some mechanical importance to that.
True.
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

McMenno
McMenno
they/them
One For Aren't-We-All
McMenno
they/them
One For Aren't-We-All
One For Aren't-We-All

Post Post #336 (ISO) » Thu Apr 06, 2017 7:05 am

Post by McMenno »

I mean... There must be a way to force players into a dream, otherwise scum could just win by refusing to dream
Not Chara
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #337 (ISO) » Thu Apr 06, 2017 7:12 am

Post by Not Chara »

In post 336, McMenno wrote:I mean... There must be a way to force players into a dream, otherwise scum could just win by refusing to dream
you mean this as an explanation for why we have to vote someone to dream, right?
"You're the oddest juxtaposition of reasonable and unreasonable I've ever seen."
---- Papa Zito
it's me, . avatar by
bente
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #338 (ISO) » Thu Apr 06, 2017 7:16 am

Post by Persivul »

In post 336, McMenno wrote:I mean... There must be a way to force players into a dream, otherwise scum could just win by refusing to dream
It works just like lynching, but we use Dream: instead of Vote:
gerryoat
gerryoat
Survivor
gerryoat
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #339 (ISO) » Thu Apr 06, 2017 11:39 am

Post by gerryoat »

mass claiming would be bad, doesnt it say there is an assassin? cant assassins just kill someone during the day, or is the role different here
Edgar Allan Pro
Edgar Allan Pro
Goon
Edgar Allan Pro
Goon
Goon

Post Post #340 (ISO) » Thu Apr 06, 2017 11:42 am

Post by Edgar Allan Pro »

In post 190, Infinity 324 wrote:
In post 185, Edgar Allan Pro wrote:I appreciate the effort that NC is putting in, but I see a lot of other people skirting by.
Does this include you? o_0
Definitely. :D
In post 192, Persivul wrote:
In post 29, Edgar Allan Pro wrote:Since we only get 1 lynch in the main thread, should we also use this 7 days to figure out who that should be so we can start the game with a flip?
Yes, scum hunting in this pregame is a good idea. So, why did you bring it up, but not follow through with some actual hunting?
Work week, though I should have much more free time soon. My other head has had some problems logging in, but I should get him on board.
My issue is that, with replacements and inactives, it's been a little hard for me to get a good ping to start.
In post 210, TheFuzzylogic99 wrote:Keys to town win

1) Do not make dumb lynch choices
2) mange clock wisely
3) keep the moving parts to the minimum as much as possible
Exactly this. I've been a part of theme games on-site where reduced deadlines were town's biggest weakness. We need to be active and keep an eye on the time.

That said:

@MOD: If some players are in a dream, how is the lynch threshold changed? For instance, if 7 players are in a dream and 5 are in 'reality', how many does it take to lynch in that dream and how many does it take to lynch in reality? If the LYNCH happens in reality, what happens to the dream? If a lynch happens in a dream, what information, if any, is provided for non-dreaming players?

-v
It is possible -- indeed it is far more than probable -- that he was innocent of all participation in the bloody transactions which took place. The Ourang-Outang may have escaped from him. He may have traced it to the chamber; but, under the agitating circumstances which ensued, he could never have recaptured it. It is still at large.
TheFuzzylogic99
TheFuzzylogic99
Mafia Scum
TheFuzzylogic99
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #341 (ISO) » Thu Apr 06, 2017 12:09 pm

Post by TheFuzzylogic99 »

Prod dodge.......

not sure what to add to the conversation right now but I want to stay active,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Sorry for just the post dodge
Neko Tail
Neko Tail
Townie
Neko Tail
Townie
Townie

Post Post #342 (ISO) » Thu Apr 06, 2017 6:34 pm

Post by Neko Tail »

In post 340, Edgar Allan Pro wrote:@MOD: If some players are in a dream, how is the lynch threshold changed? For instance, if 7 players are in a dream and 5 are in 'reality', how many does it take to lynch in that dream and how many does it take to lynch in reality? If the LYNCH happens in reality, what happens to the dream? If a lynch happens in a dream, what information, if any, is provided for non-dreaming players?
Lynch treshold in reality is nonexistent as you can't lynch in threads in which a still existing dream was initiated.
Lynch treshold in the dream would be 4 to lynch.

If any event is triggered (such as lynches) we will make an announcement about it in the public thread (this one).
Leonshade
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #343 (ISO) » Fri Apr 07, 2017 6:22 am

Post by Leonshade »

In post 304, Hiraki wrote:
In post 227, Leonshade wrote:The idea of the most active players also being the most active makes me paranoid due to my aforementioned reason of scum looking for an easy TR. But an active town and inactive town is possible (just got off one, Civ Mafia) and we've discussed the motivation for scum to not push conversation during the pre-game.
this is an actual bad read list
Misquote?
In post 304, Hiraki wrote:
In post 216, Leonshade wrote:Not really original content, especially 211.
Why are you noting this?
It could be a sign of either regurgitating what someone else said, or not reading the thread. Probably the latter, but I wanted to note the similarity to my post anyway.
"I still cant believe Leonshade just talked his way out of getting lynched by posting Lion King gifs"
- Vecna
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #344 (ISO) » Fri Apr 07, 2017 6:27 am

Post by Hiraki »

not really a misquote, just wanted to show the reasoning more than anything - the reads mean nothing to me
Leonshade
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #345 (ISO) » Fri Apr 07, 2017 6:34 am

Post by Leonshade »

Regarding the massclaim:
In post 50, Neko Tail wrote:
In post 35, Leonshade wrote:Mod: Can you confirm or deny that only Afflictions determine all abilities, even for mafia players?
Players have only received an alignment, and they will randomly receive an affliction when this phase ends. I cannot confirm nor deny the existence of anything else.
This doesn't preclude scum from having factional abilities that might mess with the Afflictions. I'm opposed to a massclaim right off the bat. Claim if you feel you need to.
In post 344, Hiraki wrote:not really a misquote, just wanted to show the reasoning more than anything - the reads mean nothing to me
The activity has nothing to do with the reasoning for my reads. I was just opening up my thought process regarding the fact that I TR'd all the most active players.
"I still cant believe Leonshade just talked his way out of getting lynched by posting Lion King gifs"
- Vecna
Leonshade
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #346 (ISO) » Fri Apr 07, 2017 6:37 am

Post by Leonshade »

@Mod: Can we re-enter the subconscious of a player a second time? That is, if we are in the subconsciousness of Leonshade, can we choose to Dream Leonshade a second time?

Thinking about how this subconsciousness stuff might work when it comes to roles. For example, I could imagine there being an investigative role that targets the player that the role is in the subconsciousness of.
- Vecna
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #347 (ISO) » Fri Apr 07, 2017 6:46 am

Post by Almost50 »

I think I'm ready to move to the actual game now, if for nothing else then to receive the affliction and know what it could/could not do.

@Leonshade: I'll wait for the mod to confirm, but I don't see why not. After all, it was the case -I think- in the movie.

Not Chara
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #348 (ISO) » Fri Apr 07, 2017 6:49 am

Post by Not Chara »

i'm not seeing much more i want to discuss right now.

i won't vote to skip pregame, however. we can 'start' the game with proxy votes and then actually vote once the timer begins for real.
gerry: just saw your question. all of the roles in this game have original names, Assassin is likely a killing role but there's nothing to suggest it's the assassin from another site.
i agree that massclaim probably won't be useful to us, but it depends on the roles. if scum have a way of using abilities without being detected (highly likely), they could still mess with town's PRs after the massclaim even without a nightkill.
---- Papa Zito
it's me, . avatar by
bente
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #349 (ISO) » Fri Apr 07, 2017 6:56 am

Post by Hiraki »

in re-read i see that now but im still v skeptical esp. how you are sort of OK with persuvial's reads but he also gets a TR

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”