[Game Over] Newbie 1784 - Escape Room

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
BlackVoid
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #875 (ISO) » Sat Apr 08, 2017 1:24 pm

Post by BlackVoid »

In post 843, Drixx wrote:
In post 838, StealthyNoodle wrote:If someone survives the night, it means we have a doc. Not sure if scum are allowed to not vote, but to do so would for certain be a risk. They'd let a player stay alive, on the assumption we'll end up lynching nancy.
This post is super contradictory. First you say that if someone survives the night (presumably you mean if no kill happens?), then it means we have doctor ... which is not at all a sound conclusion. Then you express the idea that scum would not kill in order to frame Nancy.

Like ... you basically just scum claimed and cleared Nancy with this post.
This post? I'm not really sure what StealthyNoodle is trying to say but I don't see how it's a scumclaim. Yeah, it's contradictory and his assumption that if there's no kill, that means we have a doc isn't sound. But he seems to be a newbie and I don't get why him making unsound conclusions is tantamount to a scum claim.
Chronicle
Chronicle
Goon
Chronicle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #876 (ISO) » Sat Apr 08, 2017 1:25 pm

Post by Chronicle »

UNVOTE:

I hate you nancy
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #877 (ISO) » Sat Apr 08, 2017 1:26 pm

Post by nancy »

Void if Drixx is Town then where do we look?
:2017-2018:
hi meet my mafiascum gravestone, the flowers were probably left by camn or schadd or Prism, blow them kisses for me would you?
BlackVoid
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #878 (ISO) » Sat Apr 08, 2017 1:29 pm

Post by BlackVoid »

In post 838, StealthyNoodle wrote:If someone survives the night, it means we have a doc. Not sure if scum are allowed to not vote, but to do so would for certain be a risk. They'd let a player stay alive, on the assumption we'll end up lynching nancy.
From context, I think he's saying that if there's no kill tonight, it means there's a doc who saved the kill which means that you (nancy) are scum. Because if you were town, I'll be dead tonight. But he's also wondering about the possibility of scum no-killing just to frame a town-nancy. What's contradictory or scummy about it?
BlackVoid
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #879 (ISO) » Sat Apr 08, 2017 1:30 pm

Post by BlackVoid »

In post 877, nancy wrote:Void if Drixx is Town then where do we look?
I don't have any other scumreads right now which is part of the reason I only feel comfortable voting Drixx. But if he's town, I'll have to re-read the whole game.
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #880 (ISO) » Sat Apr 08, 2017 1:32 pm

Post by nancy »

No kill is suboptimal, they wouldn't do it. The problem in this thinking though is that there's no chance of me being scum regardless of what happens tonight.
hi meet my mafiascum gravestone, the flowers were probably left by camn or schadd or Prism, blow them kisses for me would you?
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #881 (ISO) » Sat Apr 08, 2017 1:36 pm

Post by nancy »

I appreciate the irony in me saying that they wouldn't do it because it's suboptimal :P
BlackVoid
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #882 (ISO) » Sat Apr 08, 2017 1:41 pm

Post by BlackVoid »

Just making a note that deadline is 2:20 AM for me on the 11th, which effectively means the night of the 10th (Monday night).

Going to re-read WhyMafia and Screenplay. That's where I'd look for Pine/Drixx's partner if it's not Chronicle.
Chronicle
Chronicle
Goon
Chronicle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #883 (ISO) » Sat Apr 08, 2017 1:42 pm

Post by Chronicle »

It's not me
Chronicle
Chronicle
Goon
Chronicle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #884 (ISO) » Sat Apr 08, 2017 1:43 pm

Post by Chronicle »

In post 768, nancy wrote:You don't think Noodle can defend himself? Saying that you think Noodle is Town isn't really answering my question. It's Day 1 and I don't believe anyone can be completely positive in their reads yet barring meta so the question remains, why are you going out of your way to defend him?
Because I'm pretty confident in it, and I'd like to believe I'm right.
TesXX
TesXX
Mafia Scum
TesXX
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #885 (ISO) » Sat Apr 08, 2017 1:45 pm

Post by TesXX »

In post 883, Chronicle wrote:It's not me
OKEE DOKEE!
Chronicle
Chronicle
Goon
Chronicle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #886 (ISO) » Sat Apr 08, 2017 1:47 pm

Post by Chronicle »

I'm actually a bit lazy to reply to the rest of the post because I'd need to run some ISOs and I'm on mobile so I'm not going to
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #887 (ISO) » Sat Apr 08, 2017 1:50 pm

Post by Drixx »

The planting of the idea that a kill won't happen and thus we lynch Nancy is why that post is scummy. There's a clear intended end point where a town player would be actually thinking about the different possibilities. It's not like the idea is super complex. It's literally a post with one aim, and that's to ensure nancy gets lynched.

I've seen this kind of slip quite a lot. He's scum. I will put my own skin on the line even. I'm that sure.

And that's without even going into the REST of the problems in the ISO.
Get to know a Drixx - Recently Updated!
Chronicle
Chronicle
Goon
Chronicle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #888 (ISO) » Sat Apr 08, 2017 1:55 pm

Post by Chronicle »

In post 825, StealthyNoodle wrote:Please, thoughts on this.
The only thing I'm thinking of is why haven't you unvoted?
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #889 (ISO) » Sat Apr 08, 2017 1:56 pm

Post by nancy »

Make a detailed case on Noodle and Loopdan Drixx and I'll listen. I'm not conf!biased here.

Would be good if you made your towncase on Chronicle as well.
Srceenplay
Srceenplay
Jack of All Trades
Srceenplay
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #890 (ISO) » Sat Apr 08, 2017 2:02 pm

Post by Srceenplay »

In post 850, nancy wrote:
In post 817, Srceenplay wrote:And I don't think it's pro town to announce soft claims to everyone.
This is a pretty scummy response btw, shading me without commiting to anything.

In post 820, Srceenplay wrote:As bad as you say the strategy was, it's worse to go against it and have another pr killed.

I going to think a bit but right now at the very least you are a policy lynch.
This post makes zero sense. You do not policy lynch confirmed Town. I fakeclaimed VT as a gambit because I had absolute faith in my ability to be obvtown. What I didn't take into account was that Town would be utterly ridiculous and tunnel me.
1)It's not scumy to state a fact. If you think you see a crumb or someone softening a pr, you don't announce it out loud as town.
2)The only way you are confirmed town is if tracker dies tonight.
3)A policy lynch doesn't care what your alignment is. It's lynching anti town players.
4) If you are town bp you killed tracker.
"A man can not be too careful on the choices of his enemies." Oscar Wilde
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #891 (ISO) » Sat Apr 08, 2017 2:04 pm

Post by nancy »

In post 890, Srceenplay wrote:1)It's not scumy to state a fact. If you think you see a crumb or someone softening a pr, you don't announce it out loud as town.
You certainly do if you are PR and the only other PR has claimed. I am confirmed Town by the lack of a CC. Pretty simple.

Drixx, do you now think that Src is also scumslipping?
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #892 (ISO) » Sat Apr 08, 2017 2:06 pm

Post by nancy »

In post 890, Srceenplay wrote:3)A policy lynch doesn't care what your alignment is. It's lynching anti town players.
Is lynching an uncounterclaimed PR not anti-town? Should we then lynch policy lynch you? Which do you think is more valuable to Town, a conf clear for LyLo or a PR that may or may not provide an inno/guilty at some point before dying? You're completely fine to argue that my play is suboptimal. Suboptimal play =/= scum or PL.
Chronicle
Chronicle
Goon
Chronicle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #893 (ISO) » Sat Apr 08, 2017 2:08 pm

Post by Chronicle »

Oh everyone is online

Hello
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #894 (ISO) » Sat Apr 08, 2017 2:09 pm

Post by Drixx »

The difference is that noodle said that a lack of kill would/should result in you being lynched while Srceenplay simply said if the claimed tracker doesn't die, then you shouldn't be viewed as conftown.

There's a world of difference between those two assertions. One is standing on really wobbly ground and is setting you up for a lynch and the other simply points out that a lack of flipped tracker means you can't be considered confirmed. That's a simple point of fact.
WhyMafia
WhyMafia
Jack of All Trades
WhyMafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #895 (ISO) » Sat Apr 08, 2017 2:11 pm

Post by WhyMafia »

In post 893, Chronicle wrote:Oh everyone is online

Hello
Hello there!
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #896 (ISO) » Sat Apr 08, 2017 2:11 pm

Post by nancy »

Alright. And would you care to correct him as IC that I am conf!town by virtue of not having been CC'd?
Srceenplay
Srceenplay
Jack of All Trades
Srceenplay
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #897 (ISO) » Sat Apr 08, 2017 2:14 pm

Post by Srceenplay »

In post 891, nancy wrote:
In post 890, Srceenplay wrote:1)It's not scumy to state a fact. If you think you see a crumb or someone softening a pr, you don't announce it out loud as town.
You certainly do if you are PR and the only other PR has claimed. I am confirmed Town by the lack of a CC. Pretty simple.

Drixx, do you now think that Src is also scumslipping?
I understand you are saying you think he soft a doc and you counter claim. Matrix 6 is about the only time you can do that.
When I saw you do that a saw what looked like a scum getting lynched and they are announcing to their partnerLOOK!
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #898 (ISO) » Sat Apr 08, 2017 2:16 pm

Post by Drixx »

In post 896, nancy wrote:Alright. And would you care to correct him as IC that I am conf!town by virtue of not having been CC'd?
Without a counterclaim, you are as close to confirmed town as it gets in a newbie game short of a cop clear. There are edge cases in the possibility space, but they are so unlikely as to be absurd to consider.

So reaching way into those tiny corners of the possibility space and pushing the idea that a no kill should result in your lynch ... that just doesn't come from a town mind. And that leaves aside the whole rest of the ISO.
Srceenplay
Srceenplay
Jack of All Trades
Srceenplay
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #899 (ISO) » Sat Apr 08, 2017 2:17 pm

Post by Srceenplay »

In post 892, nancy wrote:
In post 890, Srceenplay wrote:3)A policy lynch doesn't care what your alignment is. It's lynching anti town players.
Is lynching an uncounterclaimed PR not anti-town? Should we then lynch policy lynch you? Which do you think is more valuable to Town, a conf clear for LyLo or a PR that may or may not provide an inno/guilty at some point before dying? You're completely fine to argue that my play is suboptimal. Suboptimal play =/= scum or PL.
You are taking it literally. I even said policy lynches don't happen. For that very reason, no town wants to lynch town. Calling you a PL is calling you anti town. Not saying I want you dead.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”