Commander Shepard
Commander Shepard
Mafia Scum
Commander Shepard
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1325 (ISO) » Sun Apr 09, 2017 5:00 am

Post by Commander Shepard »

In post 1308, Tea and Biscuits wrote:Lastly, Wraith.
From what I've gathered, people have been calling him town for posts such as
In post 892, Wraith wrote:I don't know. I really don't care, literally anything I do on D1 gets me killed eventually, so why bother?
so I'm here to tell you why that's bullshit.

Does it look genuine? Sure. Does genuine = town? Fuck no.
I buy that Wraith would be frustrated with being mislynched all the time and that this could make him demotivated, but there's no reason for it to bother him any less as scum.
I know this, because I've been in the same situation, and even considered writing up a post bitching about it because I figured people might townread the frustration I was channeling.

He's also using this as a substitute for meaningful content. And that's really the problem I've had with Wraith all game. He's substituting content that moves the game forward with complaining. (The post he made above is another great example of this.)
It's hugely scum-indicative because it's an easy way to say things that look game-relevant but don't mean anything.
Letting Wraith get away with that and even townreading him for it is
shameful

Wraith needs to die, today.

-- Postie
Wraith is town. Not happening. Join the A&C wagon.
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
Jack of All Trades
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1326 (ISO) » Sun Apr 09, 2017 5:01 am

Post by TheRealGin-N-Tonic »

In post 1320, Commander Shepard wrote:
In post 1297, Almost Chara wrote:@Shepard:

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I thought you were NOT that player that did not exist and is not in this game. Can't you see the irony in you arguing with me about your meta when you don't want me to use your meta in my arguments with you???

You know you can't have your π and eat it too. :lol: :lol:

~A50
I know that player's play pretty well. Since you insist on saying I am that person I am merely playing to what cards are dealt since you refuse to deal with well facts.

HEY GUYS ITS MY FIRST FUCKING HAME AND OBLY THREAD BT DONT WORRY I KNEO THE PLAYER REALLY FUCKIBG WELL.

MY FUCKING GOD JUST STOP. THE ROLEPLAY IS FINE BUT WE COULD NOT GIVE LESS A SHIT ABOUT PRETENDING YOURE NOT WHO YOU FUCKING ARE
“To be is to do”—Socrates. “To do is to be”—Jean-Paul Sartre. “Do be do be do”—Frank Sinatra.
"Gin, you are so charismatic it's scary." -nancy
Wraith
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1327 (ISO) » Sun Apr 09, 2017 5:35 am

Post by Wraith »

In post 1313, The Wood Cutters wrote:
In post 1302, Wraith wrote:Gonna be honest, after the flurry of activity a couple days ago it really feels like the day is in the denouement stage and people on the fence are just trying to convince themselves which wagon to commit to as deadline approaches.
Read and comment on the post I made on you, please.
I did. I thought it was a fair assessment.
In post 1311, Infinity 324 wrote:Wraith, what's your read on prism?
Originally townread them fairly confidently but then the lurking...it's not so confident now.
Show
"When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a communist." -Helder Camara

"For myself, I want no advantage over my fellow man, and if he is weaker than I, all the more is it my duty to help him." -Eugene Debs

"Our demands most modest are - we only want the earth!" -James Connolly
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: they (pl.)

Post Post #1328 (ISO) » Sun Apr 09, 2017 5:44 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

Why is scum!prism more likely to lurk?
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

plural system, we may or may not sign
Wraith
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1329 (ISO) » Sun Apr 09, 2017 5:44 am

Post by Wraith »

Me watching the number of pages I'll have to re-read N1 tick up and up while the gamestate doesn't really change:

Show
"When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a communist." -Helder Camara

"For myself, I want no advantage over my fellow man, and if he is weaker than I, all the more is it my duty to help him." -Eugene Debs

Wraith
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1330 (ISO) » Sun Apr 09, 2017 5:46 am

Post by Wraith »

In post 1328, Infinity 324 wrote:Why is scum!prism more likely to lurk?
I dunno

I just don't like:

1. Lurking in general
2. Making a big splash at entry and then disappearing for a very long time
3. Promising to catch up imminently and then not delivering
Show

Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1331 (ISO) » Sun Apr 09, 2017 5:49 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

Ok, I can see how the last 2 could be scumtells.
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

Almost Chara
Almost Chara
Mafia Scum
Almost Chara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1332 (ISO) » Sun Apr 09, 2017 6:08 am

Post by Almost Chara »

In post 1308, Tea and Biscuits wrote:He's also using this as a substitute for meaningful content. And that's really the problem I've had with Wraith all game. He's substituting content that moves the game forward with complaining.
i don't really agree. despite Wraith's 'active-lurking' stance, he's still putting out content. i've liked him more as the day has continued. who's townreading him for being frustrated by being mislynched?
~Chara
[
wiki
] hydra of
Almost50
and
Chara
[
Win:Loss
]
T 2:2
S 1:1
3P 1:0
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #1333 (ISO) » Sun Apr 09, 2017 6:22 am

Post by Prism »

Still not a fan of voting AC, I have to doublecheck on Wraith since I haven't paid that much attention to him when reading since the start.

Can't find the post right now but I remember Nacho asking me what I thought about his case on Wraith. The tl;dr is I thought it was hot garbage.
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1334 (ISO) » Sun Apr 09, 2017 6:23 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

Can we quickwagon prism?
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

Almost Chara
Almost Chara
Mafia Scum
Almost Chara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1335 (ISO) » Sun Apr 09, 2017 6:25 am

Post by Almost Chara »

Prism, do you have a read on farside?
Infinity: i'd rather not. i like the slot and their progression on us. i do want them to comment more on what they weren't present in the thread for.
[
wiki
] hydra of
Almost50
and
Chara
[
]
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #1336 (ISO) » Sun Apr 09, 2017 6:26 am

Post by Prism »

I see posts upset about me lurking/not catching up when promised.

Someone should review my ISO-I've been consistently behind, but only twice did I fail to immediately followup when promised. I've had repeated flurries of activity, typically on cue. Hardly constantly lurking.

Only thing I remember bothering you earlier was my post to nancy. What's changed since?
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #1337 (ISO) » Sun Apr 09, 2017 6:28 am

Post by Prism »

In post 1335, Almost Chara wrote:Prism, do you have a read on farside?
Infinity: i'd rather not. i like the slot and their progression on us. i do want them to comment more on what they weren't present in the thread for.
Replaced nancy who I had as likely town after their final response in our early debate. Skimming farside during catchup it is apparent they take more effort to read.
Almost Chara
Almost Chara
Mafia Scum
Almost Chara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1338 (ISO) » Sun Apr 09, 2017 6:32 am

Post by Almost Chara »

well i'd like opinions when i can get them. i'm having difficulties reading her. i can't tell if her attitude is bullheadedness or not.
~Chara (last post was me as well, apologies)
[
wiki
] hydra of
Almost50
and
Chara
[
]
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #1339 (ISO) » Sun Apr 09, 2017 6:32 am

Post by Prism »

For the people who seem to think I am likely to active lurk as scum, here's a quick link for you:

Scum PT for my first game onsite

I pretty meticulously documented exactly what I was doing and why, skip to the last posts in the PT for my thoughts on activity.

If I had all day to play mafia I would gladly sit here for all eternity. That's not even a joke nor exaggeration.
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1340 (ISO) » Sun Apr 09, 2017 6:34 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

In post 356, Infinity 324 wrote:
In post 315, Prism wrote:From an objective standpoint I shouldn't have made those-as I'm confident you'll scumread them-but you'll have to excuse a bit of selfindulgence.
This continued "nacho will scumread this" posting kind of bothers me
In post 444, Infinity 324 wrote:By the way I also don't like how prism is mainly going for "objective tells" instead of trying to get into people's heads, it could be playstyle but I'm expecting a little bit more than "postie lied she's scum!!!"
In post 986, Infinity 324 wrote:Nothing else to say except that prism's case on AC is continuing to feel like a stretch, and possibly a scummy one. He seems to be picking on weird stuff that is just not AI.
This stuff also bothered me. Plus gut.
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

Almost Chara
Almost Chara
Mafia Scum
Almost Chara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1341 (ISO) » Sun Apr 09, 2017 6:39 am

Post by Almost Chara »

hm. i understand what you mean by objective tells, Infinity. actually i've wanted to use that concept before to describe things but hadn't thought of a good term.
anyways, Prism: less interested in your meta and activity (activity is NAI barring specific circumstances that don't apply to you), and more on your understanding of other players. :>
~Chara
[
wiki
] hydra of
Almost50
and
Chara
[
]
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1342 (ISO) » Sun Apr 09, 2017 6:42 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

Prism, can you talk more about the T&B read? I've continued to push scumreads that I no longer believed as town in the past to get reactions. Why wouldn't town do this in this scenario?
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1343 (ISO) » Sun Apr 09, 2017 6:43 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

VOTE: fitz

We have 3 days left and need to consolidate. Fitz is in the small pool of people I don't lean town on.
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #1344 (ISO) » Sun Apr 09, 2017 6:45 am

Post by Prism »

Hot garbage.
In post 1340, Infinity 324 wrote:
In post 356, Infinity 324 wrote:
In post 315, Prism wrote:From an objective standpoint I shouldn't have made those-as I'm confident you'll scumread them-but you'll have to excuse a bit of selfindulgence.
This continued "nacho will scumread this" posting kind of bothers me
Directed specifically for Nacho, whose meta with me has led him to think it town. This is the most valid of the three.
In post 444, Infinity 324 wrote:By the way I also don't like how prism is mainly going for "objective tells" instead of trying to get into people's heads, it could be playstyle but I'm expecting a little bit more than "postie lied she's scum!!!"
Really? A lot of people were blasting me early on for my scumreads on AC and I believe nancy, which were
too subjective
and I've gotten more than enough flak since for my TWC read.

The only time I've done this is with Postie, and I've made it clear it's a lot more than that she lied period, but that I think an entire read change+reasoning is bullshit. My TWC read I made it clear that I was looking for something I could verbalize, not something objective, and again I've given
plenty
of subjective reads since. Original AC read, nancy, Wraith, TWC, original on you, Empking, new AC read. Several I have again gotten a ton of flak for and are not easily missable.
In post 986, Infinity 324 wrote:Nothing else to say except that prism's case on AC is continuing to feel like a stretch, and possibly a scummy one. He seems to be picking on weird stuff that is just not AI.
Not only do you not explain this,
at all
, you're making no mention of my evolution of the read whatsoever-even when it's apparent in my own ISO over time, with one of then being before this post.

Edited to fix quote thing.
Simple mess to clean up :)
Last edited by Aristophanes on Sun Apr 09, 2017 6:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #1345 (ISO) » Sun Apr 09, 2017 6:48 am

Post by Prism »

In post 1342, Infinity 324 wrote:Prism, can you talk more about the T&B read? I've continued to push scumreads that I no longer believed as town in the past to get reactions. Why wouldn't town do this in this scenario?
You've got to be joking if
this
is the read you want more on. I've typed it to death plenty already, and reframing the case yet again in an attempt to get you to understand is both way too much to do on my phone (as was my last post) and just keeps me from reading the rest of the game, 0 new knowledge contributed or acquired. Go ISO if you want it.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #1346 (ISO) » Sun Apr 09, 2017 6:49 am

Post by Prism »

@Ari-I messed up the quote tags a bit, it's supposed to be three quotes from Infinity with my responses in between. Do you mind correcting this?

Edited to fix Bolding
so the mod doesn't miss it!
Last edited by Aristophanes on Sun Apr 09, 2017 6:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #1347 (ISO) » Sun Apr 09, 2017 6:50 am

Post by Prism »

Fuck it I give up who needs bold tags anyway?
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1348 (ISO) » Sun Apr 09, 2017 7:18 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

It's possible that I'm expecting you to try to get into people's heads more given the effort you're putting in when you're here. That's more the problem, not as much objective tells. Your new AC read and your TWC read are definitely not objective, but they're vague and I don't see evidence of you considering the world where they're town vs one where they're scum.

Also:
Early nancy read-- "question that leads nowhere" seems pretty objective to me
Original AC read-- pointed out posts that lead nowhere and an unexplained read change. Again, seems pretty objective.
Original read on me-- You said you liked the miller claim and liked that I was "prodding outside the observation realm". Again, seems pretty objective.

Etcetera. Most of your early game reads seemed to be based on objective tells. I'm not 100% sure this is AI, but I'm 100% sure it's there.

Gonna go into more in my next post but the read progression doesn't affect my view on it at all.
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1349 (ISO) » Sun Apr 09, 2017 7:19 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

In post 1345, Prism wrote:
In post 1342, Infinity 324 wrote:Prism, can you talk more about the T&B read? I've continued to push scumreads that I no longer believed as town in the past to get reactions. Why wouldn't town do this in this scenario?
You've got to be joking if
this
is the read you want more on. I've typed it to death plenty already, and reframing the case yet again in an attempt to get you to understand is both way too much to do on my phone (as was my last post) and just keeps me from reading the rest of the game, 0 new knowledge contributed or acquired. Go ISO if you want it.
Can you please quote where you explained exactly
why
you didn't think town would do that? I looked through your ISO and couldn't find it.
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”