Tywin Lannister
Tywin Lannister
Mafia Scum
Tywin Lannister
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #350 (ISO) » Mon Apr 10, 2017 7:23 am

Post by Tywin Lannister »

People that think I'm scum here, especially those that have seen my town and scum games, are either purposely giving a wrong read for obviously non-town reasons, or they're just not good at reads in general. I won't be lynched regardless, because I'm town, have a role town won't lynch, and am usually always proven right with my early reads as town. The only way scum legitimately get rid of me is pushing for a D1 lynch on me, because after my reads flip, I become practically unlynchible. A few of the players here know this.

If scum, I usually let town hang them selves. Dreamerz is the absolutely perfect D1 lynchbait for scum. It's so painfully obvious that anyone not paying attention should start doing so. The only way I'd be scum and defending Dreamerz is if I'm his scum buddy, but people should know me better than that. I don't stick my neck out for lynchbait scumbuddies when I can bus them for easy town cred. Don't insult me by claiming otherwise, WIFOM or not.

So here's the deal: either town are pushing obv lynchbait due to ego clashes (which this is), or scum are pushing it with the excuse of ego clashes. Dreamerz did this to himself, but I'm not going to go against my win con just to policy lynch an easily trolled player. Even if he proves to be useless, lynching actual scum is the goal, and his over reactions and angry responses don't come from calculated scum. This is obvious. If scum have day chat, they'd be coaching him to stfu.

I think Alban may be scum, especially since I've seen how he plays previously. I have a feeling someone on the Dreamerz train is scum, which I'm going for the easiest scum lynch on D1: Wheme. Scum will let a weak link buddy get lynched if they have to, and that's what Wheme is here. Flips and things will decide who his buddies are.
drealmerz7
drealmerz7
Survivor
drealmerz7
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #351 (ISO) » Mon Apr 10, 2017 7:26 am

Post by drealmerz7 »

I'm not useless, guaranteed, I just sometimes start off on the wrong foot, and my D1s generally suck play-wise (my reads are often good, but my expressing what I see/how I get those reads I'm not so great at)
balance among all things
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #352 (ISO) » Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:01 am

Post by farside22 »

In post 344, drealmerz7 wrote:
In post 343, farside22 wrote: As for Edo I explained best I can.
I find it interesting a player names a few players doesn't explain his reads and gets ignored with no questions asked.
Is there a bias I missed in regards to edo?
no, I'm totally with you hence my headhurting so hard last night

how do you feel about RC doing the same as edos? (do note that he prefers 'edos' and doesn't like 'edo' at all)
That's pretty typically RC.
Yes I realize that's not fair.
I've played a few games with edos so I am pushing him for more then he has given.
In post 345, alban wrote:1. Please type longer posts with at least multiple sentences. I wish you guys could write paragraphs. Every bloody sentence doesn't have to be chronicled and presented as a separate post. This is the problem of your generation :) No synthesis, just communication.

2. I find Toogeloo and Tywin suspicious. The tone and stuff.

3. I will not present my townreads. I think it helps the scum.

4. Drealm, you have already argued with two players. Your posts and votes seem like being generated out of hurt. Am I right? If you are scumreading them coz you are angry, it'll give the game an unncessary detour, which you wouldn't want as a town, yeah?

5. Fully caught up. Nothing much substantial has happened in 14 pages. I hate such games. Just fluff. I will not replace out, but looks like I will not enjoy this.
You've been on this site for awhile. I can't imagine why 5 is a peeve and worthy of replacing out since almost 95% of the mafia games here start like this.
If it's not typical for you to experience this behavior, please link those games.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
WhemeStar
WhemeStar
Survivor
WhemeStar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #353 (ISO) » Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:09 am

Post by WhemeStar »

In post 340, RadiantCowbells wrote:wheme wagon is a giant joke
I claimed Pr already idk why their voting me
Im a dog that quacks
Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #354 (ISO) » Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:17 am

Post by Toogeloo »

In post 343, farside22 wrote:I find it interesting a player names a few players doesn't explain his reads and gets ignored with no questions asked.
You did the EXACT SAME THING. You listed Wheme and Edo as scum with no reasons other than for us to deduce from your quotes, and then 3 or 4 other names that needed "sorting."
WhemeStar
WhemeStar
Survivor
WhemeStar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #355 (ISO) » Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:20 am

Post by WhemeStar »

Are we notified on if the item gets activate or not?

As in the person I select dies, does everyone know that I take 1 more vote?
Im a dog that quacks
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #356 (ISO) » Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:32 am

Post by PeregrineV »

Monday post, but no time today, so effectively a prod dodge.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #357 (ISO) » Mon Apr 10, 2017 11:54 am

Post by farside22 »

In post 354, Toogeloo wrote:
In post 343, farside22 wrote:I find it interesting a player names a few players doesn't explain his reads and gets ignored with no questions asked.
You did the EXACT SAME THING. You listed Wheme and Edo as scum with no reasons other than for us to deduce from your quotes, and then 3 or 4 other names that needed "sorting."
I didn't say I didn't do it.
Just a small peeve when I see others do it and never get questioned.
Do you have a read on the low posters?
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #358 (ISO) » Mon Apr 10, 2017 12:03 pm

Post by Toogeloo »

In post 357, farside22 wrote:Do you have a read on the low posters?
Nothing as of yet. Given that I think some haven't checked in yet, like horrordude, and others only recently noticed the thread was open (Tywin), and the fact that the thread seems to go dead for hours at a time, it's hard to make anything of low post count. I will say that I think at the very least one active player is probably scum as I can't imagine an entire scum team being extremely passive and just letting the game stagnate.
Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #359 (ISO) » Mon Apr 10, 2017 12:05 pm

Post by Toogeloo »

I stand corrected on horrordude, apparently he's on V/LA and I just completely glossed over his posts.
horrordude0215
horrordude0215
Mafia Scum
horrordude0215
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #360 (ISO) » Mon Apr 10, 2017 2:12 pm

Post by horrordude0215 »

Cool, 15 pages over the weekend. This is going to be one of those games. Anyways, reading through the thread and making comments on things as I go.

...okay, the first 7 and a half pages of this thread are pretty much useless.

Post 189 - miller claim, awesome. For everyone else in this game:
the miller should never make it to lylo. A miller is usually a Day 2 lynch or a vig shot.
I only say this because I just won a game where my scumbuddy claimed miller in his first post of the game. It was a calculated plan that worked for us quite brilliantly and allowed us to escape with a perfect scum win.

Post 265 - Lannister votes for Wheme, calling him newbscum one post later. From my experience with Wheme, this appears to be pretty par for the course for his play and he appears to be a pretty easy lynchbait target for scum. Keeping an eye on this one for now.

Post 289 - Edo comes in with a seemingly baseless vote on Elena, and the only thing I can see that looks like reasoning comes later:
In post 294, Edosurist wrote:
In post 252, Elena Fisher wrote:Let's lynch the scum who is sitting back with something to drink watching you have at it, (It's Wheme btw) Why do people tr me again? Not that I mind please keep doing it
This was voteworthy. Wheme took a stance, which makes that statement false. I have no issues with the last two sentences.
Wheme took a stance? All he said was that Drealm was relaxed as scum. He certainly hadn't really done a whole lot at that point. Elena's comment that Wheme was sitting back wasn't inaccurate.
In post 294, Edosurist wrote:Why did you suggest that sharing townreads is anti-town?
Sharing townreads is horrible, and I have never been able to fathom why people do it. Unless it's you feel a back and forth is a tvt situation, there is no good reason for outing that you think someone is town outside of lylo.
In post 331, Toogeloo wrote:There's a difference between what you did, stating in jest that you are scum, and then what Dunnstral did in being very serious about claiming not to be town, and then changing their mind on that declaration later. If Dunnstral is Survivor for example, it means he's not always going to have Town's best interests at heart, and we also likely won't get much content from him. Using drealmerz argument on your declaration, he could also be a Traitor looking for his friends to pick him up. It's one thing to jest about being scum, people do it a lot. But Dunnstral flat out claimed not to be town, and then when called on it, retconned his claim. That isn't something that should just be hand waved away.
This is actually pretty good reasoning.
In post 350, Tywin Lannister wrote:People that think I'm scum here, especially those that have seen my town and scum games, are either purposely giving a wrong read for obviously non-town reasons, or they're just not good at reads in general. I won't be lynched regardless, because I'm town, have a role town won't lynch, and am usually always proven right with my early reads as town. The only way scum legitimately get rid of me is pushing for a D1 lynch on me, because after my reads flip, I become practically unlynchible. A few of the players here know this.
LAMIST?

I have to say, for a 15 page thread not much has happened here. I'm probably least happy with alban, because his Post 345 indicates that he read the thread and was dissatisfied with the gameplay thus far, but the only thing he does is state that two players are scummy "for tone and stuff" without citing any reasoning, and then leave without even casting a vote?

VOTE: alban

It's not a perfect read, but it's a start.
The Clown is Town. The Clown also uses "they" pronouns. Don't be a dick about it?
I know it's weird given the username, but "horrorperson" just doesn't have the same ring to it.
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #361 (ISO) » Mon Apr 10, 2017 4:08 pm

Post by Firebringer »

Wait how was I harassing dreal?
Show
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul
"last time I was scum with Firebringer
his first post in the scum PT was "yes I rolled scum!"
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

His first post in the main thread was "yes I rolled scum!" -popsofctown
alban
alban
Mafia Scum
alban
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #362 (ISO) » Mon Apr 10, 2017 4:09 pm

Post by alban »

Tywin, i am fairly confident that you won't gather enough traction to lynch me. More or less the same reasons that you mention about yourself. So, i am not gonna defend myself. But i was wondering about what you said about knowing me. Have we played in a game where I was a scum? Which behaviour of mine reminded you of the scum!me?

Farside, yes, i agree that all games start like this. And many games continue like this. But I am old school. Few days ago, i read a post from an old timer on one of the topics, that how the main difference between earlier games/players and those of today, is absence of lengthy wall posts, as a result of which how common it is now a days to find games going for 100+ pages.

Even before reading that, I was tired of this play style, where you wake up and the game has suddenly gone ahead by 10 pages. I can't deal with it. Which is why my replace out rate is high. But in all my games now a days, I try to point this out, and hope that someone listens. In this game for example, i like the way tywin writes. His posts are few, lengthy and high on synthesis. Not a torrent of thoughts that go nowhere.

One of the few games where lengthy, wall posts were practised was my newbie game (forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=65590). I never found it again if memory serves right.
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #363 (ISO) » Mon Apr 10, 2017 4:09 pm

Post by Firebringer »

In post 350, Tywin Lannister wrote:People that think I'm scum here, especially those that have seen my town and scum games, are either purposely giving a wrong read for obviously non-town reasons, or they're just not good at reads in general. I won't be lynched regardless, because I'm town, have a role town won't lynch, and am usually always proven right with my early reads as town. The only way scum legitimately get rid of me is pushing for a D1 lynch on me, because after my reads flip, I become practically unlynchible. A few of the players here know this.
This just sounds scummy as shit.
Show
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #364 (ISO) » Mon Apr 10, 2017 4:10 pm

Post by Firebringer »

In post 362, alban wrote:Tywin, i am fairly confident that you won't gather enough traction to lynch me. More or less the same reasons that you mention about yourself. So, i am not gonna defend myself. But i was wondering about what you said about knowing me. Have we played in a game where I was a scum? Which behaviour of mine reminded you of the scum!me?
Why are you posting like this?
Show

horrordude0215
horrordude0215
Mafia Scum
horrordude0215
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #365 (ISO) » Mon Apr 10, 2017 4:14 pm

Post by horrordude0215 »

In post 362, alban wrote:Tywin, i am fairly confident that you won't gather enough traction to lynch me. More or less the same reasons that you mention about yourself. So, i am not gonna defend myself.
What? Alban, I've played with you in 2 games now and there is no way you can actually say that you're unlynchable.
The Clown is Town. The Clown also uses "they" pronouns. Don't be a dick about it?
I know it's weird given the username, but "horrorperson" just doesn't have the same ring to it.
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #366 (ISO) » Mon Apr 10, 2017 4:17 pm

Post by Firebringer »

In post 342, farside22 wrote:Hey fire.
This is dnd game. I remember doing vampire and we talked about joining the campaign, some gamers referred to being in the group as a party.
But that's my normal hey I'm hear and I'm late entrance.
I just felt like trivia geeking.
Can I just say clan? Idk if it matters. My hubby would hate my role in a rl dnd. I'm pretty meh about it myself.
Trivia geeking?
How does your husband hate any role in dnd? Unless it's something like monk. Monk seems boring dnd class.
Show

Tywin Lannister
Tywin Lannister
Mafia Scum
Tywin Lannister
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #367 (ISO) » Mon Apr 10, 2017 4:45 pm

In post 353, WhemeStar wrote:
In post 340, RadiantCowbells wrote:wheme wagon is a giant joke
I claimed Pr already idk why their voting me
Horrordude is town. Elena is town. Dreamerz is lynchbait town or really bad at scum, but he's not buddies with RC or FB. That would be some advanced scum theater that I can't get behind. Wheme is still getting a pass by people for whatever reason, but idk his meta to conclude why. I'll say that horrordude's assessment of it is wrong, but he's town for giving it. I need to take another look at the player list, since I'm not fully invested yet, but Alban seems like a good vote. I'm not moving yet, but we'll see what he does from here. His entrance pinged me, but since I'm not voting him, I'm not going to waste my time explaining why just yet. Horrordude covered some of it at least.

So I do wanna get into a discussion on Wheme with those that have played with him before. Why does he think claiming 'I'm a PR' is reason for anyone to not vote him? He legitimately thinks his play is town and his 'I'm a PR' claim is valid? Wtf? Where did you people play with him before, and how doesn't he know what a naked vote is, lynchbait is, opportunistic vote is, claims are and arent, and any of the other basic Mafia stuff?

I ask it, because he pings me as obv newscum, but unless he's another KainTepes minus the charisma, idk what the hell people are reading here that makes him town. Someone please explain, because if he's as brand new as it seems, his play reeks of newscum rather than newtown. The hard defense of him by multiple players, plus the ignorance of tunneling on the other lynchbait player Dreamerz seems odd to me. People aren't this blind unless doing it on purpose. You can't call Wheme lynchbait and Dreamerz scum when one has given all the signs of newscum and the other given enough emotional responses to see he's a railroaded townie. What am I missing here?
Tywin Lannister
Tywin Lannister
Mafia Scum
Tywin Lannister
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #368 (ISO) » Mon Apr 10, 2017 4:48 pm

Alban: defend yourself from what? I said you look like scum, but I didn't build a case around you yet. There's nothing for you to defend yet. If/when that happens, then I'll expect something other than refusal to comment.
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #369 (ISO) » Mon Apr 10, 2017 4:50 pm

Post by Firebringer »

Tywin, how was I harassing dreal?
Show

Tywin Lannister
Tywin Lannister
Mafia Scum
Tywin Lannister
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #370 (ISO) » Mon Apr 10, 2017 4:55 pm

The first 4-6 pages was you/RC ganging up to troll the guy, although 90% of it was his own doing. I may have worded it wrong, because he started and escalated it by himself, but you two did feed into it. Regardless, whenever I see 'policy lynch' within the first few pages of a game, I know it's not based on playing the game. He's settled down since then too, which should say something. I think he overreacts by a lot to minor things, but since you all have a history, you both knew that beforehand. After that, it just became an ego clash thing.
alban
alban
Mafia Scum
alban
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #371 (ISO) » Mon Apr 10, 2017 6:40 pm

Post by alban »

Tywin, you still haven't answered the game you were referring to that reminds you of scum!me.

Horrordude, I didn't say I am universally unlynchable. But given the state of things in this particular game, I don't see me getting lynched. At least not right away. Call it a town's misplaced confidence.

About your reasoning for voting me, it's a circular argument. You say yourself that not much has happened. But then you are not happy with me for not providing anything substantial. I have no substantial reads on anyone for justifying my suspicion, so all I can go by right now is the tone and the way people have framed their posts.

In fact, you and Tywin shading me for my post make you opportunists. We will see how far you take it. Who knows, maybe you will succeed in lynching me? Your loss as town.
alban
alban
Mafia Scum
alban
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #372 (ISO) » Mon Apr 10, 2017 6:41 pm

Post by alban »

Your loss, if town.
Edosurist
Edosurist
Mafia Scum
Edosurist
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #373 (ISO) » Mon Apr 10, 2017 7:24 pm

Post by Edosurist »

UNVOTE: drealmerz7
I see this is a bad vote. I thought suggesting that it's anti-town to share townreads had to be some type of newscum thing because it sounds absolutely ludicrous to me, but if horrordude is gonna suggest that too, then I don't know what's real anymore. I'm also with the assessment that it looks like lynchbait.

@dreal:
In post 344, drealmerz7 wrote: how do you feel about RC doing the same as edos? (do note that he prefers 'edos' and doesn't like 'edo' at all)
I appreciate it, but I honestly don't care anymore. I just keep it in my sig cuz it now references a funny memory for me.

@farside:
In post 342, farside22 wrote: One your scum reads look fake.
No rhyme or reason. Just throwing a name out with no substance
2. Read page one where dreal tells players to vote.
3) I didn't see that as sarcastic posting, can you explain why you think they thought that?
Bussing! That kind of fight reads as bussing?
Why are you wking the spot before they can respond?
1. I'd listed two scumreads at that point. My Elena scumread matches your description. I'm gonna refer you to the end of this post where I respond to horrordude.
2. That was literally while folks were still confirming and the game hadn't started. That doesn't matter.
3. If you ask me, it's pretty obvious that Wheme was backing the idea of a policy lynch rather than thinking dreal was scum. Here's the context (formatted because I wasn't a fan of the extra spaces, but the text remains the same):
In post 84, WhemeStar wrote:
In post 82, RadiantCowbells wrote:VOTE: Drealmerz7
policy at this poitn
I would actually be down for this
I didn't think I was wking him. I read your line as a rhetorical question that I needed to correct.
Also, just ignore what I said about "bussing." I was coming up with a hypothetical to satisfy you, but there's no way my hypothetical is true because he was
quite obviously
talking about the policy lynch idea.

@Tywin:
Someone's confident. I'd ask for some sort of meta proof on this to screw with you, but you discounted the use meta . /shade

@horrordude:
(also re: Toog and farside)
In post 360, horrordude0215 wrote: Post 189 - miller claim, awesome. For everyone else in this game:
the miller should never make it to lylo. A miller is usually a Day 2 lynch or a vig shot.
I only say this because I just won a game where my scumbuddy claimed miller in his first post of the game. It was a calculated plan that worked for us quite brilliantly and allowed us to escape with a perfect scum win.
I'm with horrordude here. FTR, I'm also with Toog when he says we shouldn't give Dunnstral a pass.
Post 289 - Edo comes in with a seemingly baseless vote on Elena, and the only thing I can see that looks like reasoning comes later:
In post 294, Edosurist wrote:
In post 252, Elena Fisher wrote:Let's lynch the scum who is sitting back with something to drink watching you have at it, (It's Wheme btw) Why do people tr me again? Not that I mind please keep doing it
This was voteworthy. Wheme took a stance, which makes that statement false. I have no issues with the last two sentences.
Wheme took a stance? All he said was that Drealm was relaxed as scum. He certainly hadn't really done a whole lot at that point. Elena's comment that Wheme was sitting back wasn't inaccurate.
The vote on Elena was basically a baseless vote. When I said he took a stance, I meant he'd placed votes, one on FB and then one later on dreal. I'm not holding myself to what I said about Elena, and yall shouldn't either.

I'll come back to this tomorrow afternoon and look at folks like Tywin and alban that I haven't looked at yet and then I'll probably place a vote.
The name's Edosurist. People call me Edos.
I'm back from hiatus (again), so please don't make me leave again (x4) by calling me
Edo
Edoist
(pronounced E-do-ist or e-DOIST? I'm not quite certain), or
Endoperson

Wiki (will eventually get updated) | Looking for a reviewer for a 24-themed (slightly) bastard mini.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #374 (ISO) » Mon Apr 10, 2017 7:45 pm

Post by RadiantCowbells »

drealmerz7 is dying today
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”