FireScreamer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #950 (ISO) » Wed Apr 26, 2017 1:13 am

Post by FireScreamer »

In post 948, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 767, CommKnight wrote:
In post 740, Brian Skies wrote:VOTE: Rory
You know. I'm going to grill you for this naked vote after what people made up for excuses to vote me.

- Case on Rory?
- What made you change?
- How confident are you he's scum?
- Looking for another claim today? Rolefisher!
- Not sure if bad play, or just terrible scum!

Come on guys, Brian must be scum, he hasn't even expanded upon this vote since then. His slot was scum last game, herp derp, all aboard the Brian wagon.
Jokevote: Brian Skies

No seriously, town got their head out of their collective asses enough to see GC is a bad choice. I honestly don't want him to claim but at the point I voted him it seemed there would have to be one from him so I wanted to get it done and over with rather than waiting around for some turtle to make up their mind they're going to put him to L1 and make him claim with less than 24 hours left.

So VOTE: FireScreamer <- It's a mistake not to put this one in the noose today.

@shannon, nah, I was just curious, maybe I should've made it clear that was non-game specific question or even taken it to pm. But I was wondering how it worked for the mods since they'd be able to modify the different topics and what not.

@Narna, I claimed VT. Claiming early is NAI (I'm not sure when people think L2 is early, we use to always claim L2, because no point in dragging it out and it prevents someone from making an excuse to cast the hammering vote).
I like this post. It shows a lot of thought, less spewwy than his posting about probabilities.
Which parts of it show a lot of thought. Which parts of it do you like?
In the dark, it's nearly invisible—until it exhales.
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #951 (ISO) » Wed Apr 26, 2017 1:14 am

Post by Umlaut »

VOTE: Gamma Emerald
“There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say, ‘There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say there are two kinds of people in this world,
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
say. Well, then there’s me.” — J.R. “Bob” Dobbs
FireScreamer
FireScreamer
Mafia Scum
FireScreamer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #952 (ISO) » Wed Apr 26, 2017 1:17 am

Post by FireScreamer »

In post 951, Umlaut wrote:VOTE: Gamma Emerald
Explain why in depth.

Why does nobody in this town want to actually justify anything they do.
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #953 (ISO) » Wed Apr 26, 2017 1:17 am

Post by Umlaut »

In post 927, RoryMK wrote:
In post 896, Umlaut wrote: is kind of confusingly phrased, because "I have a feeling he will eventually catch scum or get killed" is not really a reason to townread someone. I have an idea of what this actually meant but I'd rather hear Rory's explanation first.
I'm not really sure what needs explaining here?
You said "I'm going to start townreading Brian Skies. I feel like he will eventually catch scum or be killed. Good enough reason for now."

How is the second sentence a
reason
to townread someone?
“There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say, ‘There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say there are two kinds of people in this world,
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #954 (ISO) » Wed Apr 26, 2017 1:18 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 950, FireScreamer wrote:
You know. I'm going to grill you for this naked vote after what people made up for excuses to vote me.

- Case on Rory?
- What made you change?

Come on guys, Brian must be scum, he hasn't even expanded upon this vote since then. His slot was scum last game, herp derp, all aboard the Brian wagon.

No seriously, town got their head out of their collective asses enough to see GC is a bad choice. I honestly don't want him to claim but at the point I voted him it seemed there would have to be one from him so I wanted to get it done and over with rather than waiting around for some turtle to make up their mind they're going to put him to L1 and make him claim with less than 24 hours left.

@shannon, nah, I was just curious, maybe I should've made it clear that was non-game specific question or even taken it to pm. But I was wondering how it worked for the mods since they'd be able to modify the different topics and what not.

@Narna, I claimed VT. Claiming early is NAI (I'm not sure when people think L2 is early, we use to always claim L2, because no point in dragging it out and it prevents someone from making an excuse to cast the hammering vote).
I like this post. It shows a lot of thought, less spewwy than his posting about probabilities.
I like the list, since it shows articulation. I feel the post shows clear pathways of logic.
Also, I've noted Brian has been wagon hopping a lot lately.
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #955 (ISO) » Wed Apr 26, 2017 1:18 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 953, Umlaut wrote:
In post 927, RoryMK wrote:
In post 896, Umlaut wrote: is kind of confusingly phrased, because "I have a feeling he will eventually catch scum or get killed" is not really a reason to townread someone. I have an idea of what this actually meant but I'd rather hear Rory's explanation first.
I'm not really sure what needs explaining here?
You said "I'm going to start townreading Brian Skies. I feel like he will eventually catch scum or be killed. Good enough reason for now."

How is the second sentence a
reason
to townread someone?
May I answer
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
shannon
shannon
Mafia Scum
shannon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #956 (ISO) » Wed Apr 26, 2017 1:19 am

Post by shannon »

In post 905, Gamma Emerald wrote:I wasn't disturbed by Titus' irresponsiveness, and I hadn't read past that post so I couldn't tell she didn't answer. I was disturbed by GC's phrasing.
So you saw like 300 posts had happened between Titus voting me and you asking GC the question, and it didn't occur to you to:
- read a few more pages to see if it had been resolved
- read a few more pages to see whether anyone else had asked what you were going to ask
- ISO any of the involved players to establish same?

Your iso suggests ... that might actually be the case. It shows you responding to posts in order, regardless of what might have happened in between. OK, I believe you.

VOTE: Alchemist
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #957 (ISO) » Wed Apr 26, 2017 1:20 am

Post by Umlaut »

In post 952, FireScreamer wrote:Explain why in depth.

Why does nobody in this town want to actually justify anything they do.
Because I think he's coming out poorly in his interactions with you here and hasn't satisfactorily answered anything you're asking.

pedit
Gamma, thanks for asking because the answer is no. I know what I think Rory means, I want to know what Rory thinks he means.
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
FireScreamer
FireScreamer
Mafia Scum
FireScreamer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #958 (ISO) » Wed Apr 26, 2017 1:22 am

Post by FireScreamer »

In post 954, Gamma Emerald wrote:

- Case on Rory?
- What made you change?

I like the list, since it shows articulation. I feel the post shows clear pathways of logic.
The Brian argument was an intentionally facetious argument. THATS why you liked this post? That and because it was properly formatted?
FireScreamer
FireScreamer
Mafia Scum
FireScreamer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #959 (ISO) » Wed Apr 26, 2017 1:23 am

Post by FireScreamer »

You are willing to wash away pages of drivel because he formatted a post correctly? This turns a scumread into a townread that you are willing to trust implicitly when wagoning someone else?
FireScreamer
FireScreamer
Mafia Scum
FireScreamer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #960 (ISO) » Wed Apr 26, 2017 1:27 am

Post by FireScreamer »

In post 900, CommKnight wrote:
In post 897, FireScreamer wrote:FS has not once landed in my TR's this game. Last game I even admitted if I was town he would've quickly fell in my TR's. This game he isn't and there's one good reason I can think why. I'll give you a hint. It's some red text in his role.
Does anyone actually think this argument is genuine? I'm scum because i'm not town and i'm not town because i'm scum?
FireScreamer
FireScreamer
Mafia Scum
FireScreamer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #961 (ISO) » Wed Apr 26, 2017 1:29 am

Post by FireScreamer »

In post 956, shannon wrote:
In post 905, Gamma Emerald wrote:I wasn't disturbed by Titus' irresponsiveness, and I hadn't read past that post so I couldn't tell she didn't answer. I was disturbed by GC's phrasing.
So you saw like 300 posts had happened between Titus voting me and you asking GC the question, and it didn't occur to you to:
- read a few more pages to see if it had been resolved
- read a few more pages to see whether anyone else had asked what you were going to ask
- ISO any of the involved players to establish same?

Your iso suggests ... that might actually be the case. It shows you responding to posts in order, regardless of what might have happened in between. OK, I believe you.

VOTE: Alchemist
Can you look back on the Gamma progression on me and comm and come back on the wagon kthanks
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #962 (ISO) » Wed Apr 26, 2017 1:32 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 958, FireScreamer wrote:
In post 954, Gamma Emerald wrote:

- Case on Rory?
- What made you change?

The Brian argument was an intentionally facetious argument. THATS why you liked this post? That and because it was properly formatted?
The Brian thing had nothing to do with that post, I just didn't want to make two posts when I knew I could do one.
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #963 (ISO) » Wed Apr 26, 2017 1:33 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 959, FireScreamer wrote:You are willing to wash away pages of drivel because he formatted a post correctly? This turns a scumread into a townread that you are willing to trust implicitly when wagoning someone else?
Formatting means jack. Thanks for completely misrepping what I said.
<Embrace The Void>

FireScreamer
FireScreamer
Mafia Scum
FireScreamer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #964 (ISO) » Wed Apr 26, 2017 1:34 am

Post by FireScreamer »

I have no incentive to overtly misrep what you say. Everyone is reading the same thread. Maybe this is a misunderstanding. Tell me again what you like about the post?
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #965 (ISO) » Wed Apr 26, 2017 1:36 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 964, FireScreamer wrote:I have no incentive to overtly misrep what you say. Everyone is reading the same thread. Maybe this is a misunderstanding. Tell me again what you like about the post?
I like the way he laid out his points of discussion. It suggests town that is doubling down.
<Embrace The Void>

FireScreamer
FireScreamer
Mafia Scum
FireScreamer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #966 (ISO) » Wed Apr 26, 2017 1:36 am

Post by FireScreamer »

I see "The way he laid out" as meaning the formatting of the post. You arn't really talking about the content at all. Why does that suggest town is doubling down? Define doubling down.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #967 (ISO) » Wed Apr 26, 2017 1:40 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 966, FireScreamer wrote:I see "The way he laid out" as meaning the formatting of the post. You arn't really talking about the content at all. Why does that suggest town is doubling down? Define doubling down.
It's like the organization. For some reason words are failing me.
Doubling down means to focus your efforts. It feels like town doubling down since he was in trouble and he shaped up.
<Embrace The Void>

FireScreamer
FireScreamer
Mafia Scum
FireScreamer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #968 (ISO) » Wed Apr 26, 2017 1:41 am

Post by FireScreamer »

Organization and the way he laid out = Formatting. That's all you have to turn a read on its head enough to vote another townread without doing basic corroboration or even fully understanding why?
FireScreamer
FireScreamer
Mafia Scum
FireScreamer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #969 (ISO) » Wed Apr 26, 2017 1:43 am

Post by FireScreamer »

Why would town "double down" in a position where scum wouldn't?
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #970 (ISO) » Wed Apr 26, 2017 1:54 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 969, FireScreamer wrote:Why would town "double down" in a position where scum wouldn't?
Scum I believe would start to crack. He just soldiered on.
<Embrace The Void>

FireScreamer
FireScreamer
Mafia Scum
FireScreamer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #971 (ISO) » Wed Apr 26, 2017 1:57 am

Post by FireScreamer »

Why are scum more likely to crack than town and less likely to try and shape up?
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #972 (ISO) » Wed Apr 26, 2017 2:01 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 971, FireScreamer wrote:Why are scum more likely to crack than town and less likely to try and shape up?
Scum react worse under pressure than town I think
At this point I'm not sure if I actually believe what I'm saying, I've been talking on
<Embrace The Void>

FireScreamer
FireScreamer
Mafia Scum
FireScreamer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #973 (ISO) » Wed Apr 26, 2017 2:03 am

Post by FireScreamer »

If I provide an example of Comm being taken to claim early on day 1, claiming and then appearing to play better would you reverse your read?
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #974 (ISO) » Wed Apr 26, 2017 2:03 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 973, FireScreamer wrote:If I provide an example of Comm being taken to claim early on day 1, claiming and then appearing to play better would you reverse your read?
Was he scum?
<Embrace The Void>

Return to “Completed Open Games”