Ser Arthur Dayne
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1876 (ISO) » Sun May 07, 2017 5:36 pm

Post by Ser Arthur Dayne »

He go on the RIGHTEOUS PRISM WAGON after though.
vezokpiraka: If you are playing on EUNE we can duo.
chesskid3: I play on NA because i enjoy my freedom.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #1877 (ISO) » Sun May 07, 2017 5:37 pm

Post by Titus »

In post 1876, Ser Arthur Dayne wrote:
In post 1873, Titus wrote: I'm not death tunneling. I'll vote something decent. Prism just doesn't feel like it. I'm not locked into voting Hiraki at all. I am willing to lynch Alisae, Ari, Implosion, gun to my head Nacho (but that's never happening).
4 of these people are all on your wagon (Titus (4) ~ Nachomamma8, Hikari Link, implosion, Alisae). If you had to break it down who do you think is there for town-motivated reasons whether it's apathy or pressuring or w/e?
I don't have the data to do that and have it be worth a damn yet. It would just be my reads based on dayplay. I'd vote any of them atm, which helps absolutely no one.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #1878 (ISO) » Sun May 07, 2017 5:38 pm

Post by Alisae »

oh
im not paying attention.
ok back to lurking.

Spoiler: ♥
Last edited by nancy on Mon May 08, 2017 1:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
GTKAS
| here.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #1879 (ISO) » Sun May 07, 2017 5:43 pm

Post by Titus »

Like I know what interactions are odd. I just lack the tools to do anything. So basically, I'm willing to vote in there anywhere.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #1880 (ISO) » Sun May 07, 2017 5:49 pm

Post by Prism »

Spoiler: Dayne posts
In post 1843, Ser Arthur Dayne wrote:
In post 1838, Prism wrote:Largely expected. What do you not believe about my statements re: parsing?
The fact it's so easy to make and looks like you're really just not interested in figuring out the game.

Here I'll show you an example between what town fallen behind and scum fallen behind look like:

In post 840, Hikari Link wrote:Thanks. I am really uncomfortable leaving 12 pages unread, so I'll probably go back and read them at some point, on the off chance I can actually get some information. I'll Try to catch up from 24 for now and post tonight. I have class right now and a fairly easy paper to write by midnight, but once all of that is done, I promise I'll catch up and become a contributing member of this game.
In post 1774, Prism wrote:I'm having a really hard time parsing this and get my best reads via personal interactions with others so again, if anyone wants to give me their quick salient points, that would really help.
In post 1845, Ser Arthur Dayne wrote:Ari's reaction to the pages are the same way.

It's the same thing I pull off when I'm scum, I'm really just not interested in reading a lot of pages so it's easier for me to just complain about the amount of pages or how dense the game is and then ask people to interact with me. It's easier to hide in interaction than it is to go through a bunch of posts and commit to hard reads as scum, whereas a townie is delighted to have that much game content to sit down and go through to figure out the scum.

It's not even about the AMOUNT there is. You can sit down and read 10 pages. Or 20. Or however much you have time for. But the point is there's JUICY CONTENT there. Scum just don't care to read it whatsoever.

Pedit: Yeah but it looked like you were frustrated with Alisae's reasoning for voting Titus but then you jumped on the wagon?
I think there are a few things worth commenting on here. I'll divide them into two separate groups, with the first being my questions about it and the second being more personal comments.

Spoiler:
Firstly, my understanding of your point is that you seem to think town is more likely to catch up. This appears to be based more off of what you yourself do, as well as an intuitive guess. Applying it to me seems a reasonable step. My issue is that this seems to be more effort-based than anything else. The logic here is that scum don't want to try as hard, whereas town is eager to, which is a bit of a fallacy. The goal of most scum players is to seem town, which comes via effort and reading etc, which gets you into a bit of a circular loop. I realize it's a bit more nuanced than this, in that there are reasons to coast as scum but very rarely as town, but none of these factors are really at play here. Without trying to strawman, it appears as though you're drawing a very direct line between effort rereading and mafia. Specifically, what scum incentive do you envision I have to not post Hikari-style, knowing it is more likely to be townread?

My second comment is that I think you've misunderstood my posts. I fully intend to read and use every post in this game at some point. My trouble is that it is extremely hard for me to read for alignment in large groups of postings. I can indeed read 5-6 pages (Typically my magic number) at a time, but this will leave me very well behind and largely irrelevant to the game at hand. My strategic suggestion was not to start with a blank slate but instead to narrow my focus by giving me a
starting point
to trampoline off of in my read. To draw a comparison, here's a study on selection of jams based on the variety available. The implicit assumption of most people is that choice is empowering, when in reality it can be overwhelming. As the variety of options to pick from goes up, the ease of choice becomes much harder and you're often paralyzed just wondering how you got there. What I'm essentially asking people to do is to narrow my choice of jams to 2-3 good ones, and then expand from there. Right now I'm looking at a bunch of different jams and not really knowing where to start, because chronologically seems to be leaving me the choice of either permanent irrelevancy or mindless skimming. Think of a tree, where you start me from a seed or trunk and I expand out on my own from there, both in roots downward and in branches outward.
Last edited by nancy on Sun May 07, 2017 11:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ser Arthur Dayne
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1881 (ISO) » Sun May 07, 2017 5:49 pm

In post 1881, Titus wrote:Like I know what interactions are odd. I just lack the tools to do anything. So basically, I'm willing to vote in there anywhere.
What people's individual play is scum though.

Interactions and VCA is for later with flips.

That doesn't mean we sit on our hands and vote within a huge pool hoping to get lucky and hit scum.

People can also scummy on an individual play for a multitude of possible reasons.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #1882 (ISO) » Sun May 07, 2017 5:52 pm

Post by Titus »

In post 1883, Ser Arthur Dayne wrote:
In post 1881, Titus wrote:Like I know what interactions are odd. I just lack the tools to do anything. So basically, I'm willing to vote in there anywhere.
What people's individual play is scum though.

Interactions and VCA is for later with flips.

That doesn't mean we sit on our hands and vote within a huge pool hoping to get lucky and hit scum.

People can also scummy on an individual play for a multitude of possible reasons.
Yup and I've given those and been shouted down. So rather than tunnel and waste everyone's time on shit you're not going to listen to me on, I just say my townreads and say I'll vote not them and put it together in later days.

I'm never getting a lynch I want with this crowd. I'll just settle for not terrible or me.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #1883 (ISO) » Sun May 07, 2017 6:00 pm

Post by Titus »

Who knows, I'm getting drunk for real tomorrow. Maybe you can convince me to vote town tomorrow.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

TheRealGin-N-Tonic
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
Jack of All Trades
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1884 (ISO) » Sun May 07, 2017 6:01 pm

Post by TheRealGin-N-Tonic »

In post 1885, Titus wrote:Who knows, I'm getting drunk for real tomorrow. Maybe you can convince me to vote town tomorrow.
On a workday? :O
“To be is to do”—Socrates. “To do is to be”—Jean-Paul Sartre. “Do be do be do”—Frank Sinatra.
"Gin, you are so charismatic it's scary." -nancy
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #1885 (ISO) » Sun May 07, 2017 6:03 pm

Post by Titus »

In post 1886, TheRealGin-N-Tonic wrote:
In post 1885, Titus wrote:Who knows, I'm getting drunk for real tomorrow. Maybe you can convince me to vote town tomorrow.
Tomorrow night. Jeez.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

TheRealGin-N-Tonic
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
Jack of All Trades
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1886 (ISO) » Sun May 07, 2017 6:03 pm

Post by TheRealGin-N-Tonic »

In post 1887, Titus wrote:
In post 1886, TheRealGin-N-Tonic wrote:
Tomorrow night. Jeez.
on a worknight :o
“To be is to do”—Socrates. “To do is to be”—Jean-Paul Sartre. “Do be do be do”—Frank Sinatra.
"Gin, you are so charismatic it's scary." -nancy
Ser Arthur Dayne
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1887 (ISO) » Sun May 07, 2017 6:05 pm

Spoiler:
In post 1882, Prism wrote: Firstly, my understanding of your point is that you seem to think town is more likely to catch up. This appears to be based more off of what you yourself do, as well as an intuitive guess. Applying it to me seems a reasonable step. My issue is that this seems to be more effort-based than anything else. The logic here is that scum don't want to try as hard, whereas town is eager to, which is a bit of a fallacy. The goal of most scum players is to seem town, which comes via effort and reading etc, which gets you into a bit of a circular loop. I realize it's a bit more nuanced than this, in that there are reasons to coast as scum but very rarely as town, but none of these factors are really at play here. Without trying to strawman, it appears as though you're drawing a very direct line between effort rereading and mafia. Specifically, what scum incentive do you envision I have to not post Hikari-style, knowing it is more likely to be townread?
It's not that it's hard to say or show that you care (although there can prob be an argument made about how genuine people react to the amount of posts but let's leave that for a sec), it's that it's hard to actually DO read and commit to solid reads whereas the benefit of interacting is a) looking active and contributing and b) much easier to hide in, buddy people, get into arguments that make you look town, etc.
In post 1882, Prism wrote:My second comment is that I think you've misunderstood my posts. I fully intend to read and use every post in this game at some point. My trouble is that it is extremely hard for me to read for alignment in large groups of postings. I can indeed read 5-6 pages (Typically my magic number) at a time, but this will leave me very well behind and largely irrelevant to the game at hand.
No, this was exactly what I'm saying.

You can take any number of pages at any point in the game and get reads off of them - because people's alignment doesn't change over the course of the game. But from you it looked like you started trying to read, but then quickly saw it was futile because you had no interest in figuring people's alignment out, and copped out for the easier and more beneficial route.

The other major problem I had with your post is that it looked like you were ASKING people to interact with you, rather than you creating the conversation and probing around. Which, again, is not town-motivated. Town wants to figure the game out. Scum want to go "see look I'm town and active".
Last edited by nancy on Sun May 07, 2017 11:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #1888 (ISO) » Sun May 07, 2017 6:08 pm

Post by Prism »

@Titus
: Skimming your ISO it looks like your number one choice is Hikari-can I get some elaboration on that?

Ctrl+F searching their name gets me these two posts:

Spoiler: First
In post 1493, Titus wrote:
In post 1111, Tammy wrote:
In post 1103, Titus wrote:
In post 1065, Hikari Link wrote:@Titus: What do you mean that you don't see Nacho and implosion melding? What do you make of Nacho's post where he breaks down his reads to me?

Also, can you reiterate who you read as scum and who you think is town? I know you're still sorting, but give me the best you've got, please.
Hmph. Not liking the vote on me while you know I am sorting.

Second, I mean those agreements Implosion talks about. I don't see two players in sync at all. I see Nacho retreating the moment after Implosion stops pushing Tammy.

I don't see much in Nacho's wall, particularly his Tammy read. He basically says town by meta and has nuance. It rings hollow given Tammy's basic state is nuance. There's nothing someone who isn't a meta hunter can engage with.
Why do you have to be done sorting for her to put a vote on you? I'd say we're all still in the process of sorting, so should nobody be voting? Why can't he just scum read you?

I feel like in the second paragraph you're doing that thing you do where you ignore people's explanations and push a narrative of something that didn't happen and is not happening without assessing what is actually going on.

You do not have to agree on every single thing to be "in sync", and you keep pushing that bit which is not a big part of the read anyway. Nacho was joking with his vote on implosion in the first place; this is exactly what he did in Gay Mafia when Hiplop was voting me. He wasn't scum reading hiplop at the time, he was making a point about hiplop's bad scum read on me. Same thing here with implosion.

If you are town, you are misreading/misunderstanding and are ignoring the posts people have made setting that straight. If implosion is scum, it's not because of that because his early game interaction with me is very similar to the last game we played together. Here is his iso from that game. You can see him interacting with me in a very similar way as town in his first few posts: viewtopic.php?t=62686&f=53&st=0&sk=t&sd ... er_sort=Go

If he's scum, he's just trying to mimic that interaction. (I'm leaning town at the moment; I'm just trying to point out that the interaction is null as far as I'm concerned.)

I am worried that you saw the beginning of a town group forming and are trying to break that up, which is something that I normally think is stupid, but it's something I am concerned about here.

I don't understand your problem with town read on me from nacho. And I don't understand why you're acting like it's something you can't touch or prod. You can still ask him questions. You can still ask me questions. It feels wrong that if it's something you don't trust or can't understand that you're not poking at it or trying to understand.

pedit: Not gonna lie, I know that's a fake, but still my heart dropped with sadness for a split second before I chuckled.
First, if HL knows I am sorting, it implies they know I am town, as scum don't have to sort anyone.

You can say I am misreading things but when reality conflicts with players literal text to me, I am going to have a scumread. To me, it looks like Nacho scumread implosion and backed off the moment Implosion TRed you.

It also feels Nacho decided you were town before you set foot in the thread.

It's D1 and I am open to being wrong, but replies like yours that essentially say plug your nose to our circle jerk are not helpful. I am curious about your other reads.
This seems a bit of a stretch to me. The sorting point doesn't really make sense and is putting the chicken before the egg. HL knows you're sorting but that doesn't say anything as to whether or not it's genuine, ie. whether you're scum or town. Fundamentally I don't get the issue here.
Spoiler: Second
In post 1494, Titus wrote:
In post 1131, Hikari Link wrote:
In post 1103, Titus wrote:
In post 1065, Hikari Link wrote:@Titus: What do you mean that you don't see Nacho and implosion melding? What do you make of Nacho's post where he breaks down his reads to me?

Also, can you reiterate who you read as scum and who you think is town? I know you're still sorting, but give me the best you've got, please.
Hmph. Not liking the vote on me while you know I am sorting.

Second, I mean those agreements Implosion talks about. I don't see two players in sync at all. I see Nacho retreating the moment after Implosion stops pushing Tammy.

I don't see much in Nacho's wall, particularly his Tammy read. He basically says town by meta and has nuance. It rings hollow given Tammy's basic state is nuance. There's nothing someone who isn't a meta hunter can engage with.
You've been "sorting" for an awful long time (pot calling the kettle black, admittedly). And in that time, you've dodged questions and basically been a non-entity.
In post 1104, Titus wrote:Now, Gun to my head Implosion and Ari are my SRs. Could do Ali as well but I have two competing theories.
Are you taking the position townNacho's not competent enough to be able to tell between scumTammy and townTammy at this point? I just want to be clear where you stand on him, because it kinda sounds like you're shading him without reading him as scum.
VOTE: HL

Holy fuck this post is terrible.

Calling me a non-entity and dodging questions is a load of horse manure. I have been driving and sorting and asking questions. I sort based on group dynamics and how players treat each other.

The total misrepresentation of my read as Nacho isn't comptent enough to read Tammy is just terrible. He IS competent enough to read Tammy. He is also better at describing things and communicating why slots are the way they are and appearing genuine.
The first seems to be a matter of perception to me, rather than inherently scummy. It seems a plausible enough mistake as town, especially if he really managed to sift through all that. Part of my problem is I clearly was unable to keep anything straight when I tried to do it so quickly. The Nacho point in my opinion is a good one, it might be a bit unfair or loaded but it is really just asking you to take a clearer stance on what you think of Nacho in regards to Tammy.

Is there something more convincing I'm missing, or do you have a different scumread?
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #1889 (ISO) » Sun May 07, 2017 6:40 pm

Post by Prism »

Spoiler:
In post 1889, Ser Arthur Dayne wrote:
In post 1882, Prism wrote: Firstly, my understanding of your point is that you seem to think town is more likely to catch up. This appears to be based more off of what you yourself do, as well as an intuitive guess. Applying it to me seems a reasonable step. My issue is that this seems to be more effort-based than anything else. The logic here is that scum don't want to try as hard, whereas town is eager to, which is a bit of a fallacy. The goal of most scum players is to seem town, which comes via effort and reading etc, which gets you into a bit of a circular loop. I realize it's a bit more nuanced than this, in that there are reasons to coast as scum but very rarely as town, but none of these factors are really at play here. Without trying to strawman, it appears as though you're drawing a very direct line between effort rereading and mafia. Specifically, what scum incentive do you envision I have to not post Hikari-style, knowing it is more likely to be townread?
It's not that it's hard to say or show that you care (although there can prob be an argument made about how genuine people react to the amount of posts but let's leave that for a sec), it's that it's hard to actually DO read and commit to solid reads whereas the benefit of interacting is a) looking active and contributing and b) much easier to hide in, buddy people, get into arguments that make you look town, etc.
I think this is a very one-dimensional characterization that is summed up a bit in your point b. Interaction is inherently a pro-town action from the get-go, you don't just "get into arguments that make you look town" as scum and it's really that simple. You've got to get into arguments about
something
, and those somethings tend to be the solid reads you state that town should be looking for. I'm trying for the most part to stay away from meta but I think several players here can vouch that I definitely do my best work, readwise, interpersonally. I think my opening post and those that follow cement exactly why I've pursued this path over others.
In post 1889, Ser Arthur Dayne wrote:
In post 1882, Prism wrote:My second comment is that I think you've misunderstood my posts. I fully intend to read and use every post in this game at some point. My trouble is that it is extremely hard for me to read for alignment in large groups of postings. I can indeed read 5-6 pages (Typically my magic number) at a time, but this will leave me very well behind and largely irrelevant to the game at hand.
No, this was exactly what I'm saying.

You can take any number of pages at any point in the game and get reads off of them - because people's alignment doesn't change over the course of the game. But from you it looked like you started trying to read, but then quickly saw it was futile because you had no interest in figuring people's alignment out, and copped out for the easier and more beneficial route.
This is largely ignoring the plausible other explanation for why I consider it futile, which I get considering that you scumread the rb slot anyway. However, I take some issue with you excluding the rest of my post. It lays out
exactly
why I chose to do what I did, and even more exactly lays out the path ahead for myself I have envisioned. All of the things you're looking for are included in this vision-solid reads, solving the game with past information, and more.
In post 1889, Ser Arthur Dayne wrote:The other major problem I had with your post is that it looked like you were ASKING people to interact with you, rather than you creating the conversation and probing around. Which, again, is not town-motivated. Town wants to figure the game out. Scum want to go "see look I'm town and active".
The final part is puzzling. The point was that I was struggling to find a good starting point, and wanted assistance with it. I was indeed asking people to interact with me, and was very open about it, but it was a lot more than "I'm town and active". My open question is the
perfect
conversation creator. I asked for a concrete starting point that I would immediately set out to review and reflect on. It is mutually beneficial to do so. I'm immediately giving you a blank check for deciding what I look at and respond to. If I am scum, I am forced to interact with it, take a stance on it, and respond in a seemingly organic way. If I am town, it clearly shows me your viewpoint, provides me a good starting point necessary for my playstyle, and gets me involved in the game extremely quickly. The idea that I'm not probing also seems questionable-how do you characterize my attempt to get more out of Firebringer? My instinct is that you'll draw up a distinction between "good" and "bad" probing, but I really fail to see any way that you could say that I'm disinterested in either Fire or his read on Alisae.

Fundamentally, this boils down to how I approach the game, and I get how you can scumread it for the surface level, which is why I said it wasn't a shocker. The point of this extrapolation is to get you to realize why I think such an approach is optimal. Restated, this is again that I'm poor at reading in bulk, and devised a way around this that incorporates the past in a more manageable, focused way that gets me immediately reading people without getting lost. This way, and why I think it will work, is described more extensively in the above.
Last edited by nancy on Sun May 07, 2017 11:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #1890 (ISO) » Sun May 07, 2017 6:46 pm

Post by Prism »

Summarized (though I really recommend you read it in full) your main critiques seem to be (and correct me if I'm wrong) that it avoids giving reads, avoids gamesolving based off of past information, and is looking for raw interaction over either of the former.

The first two are clearly laid out for how I am going to achieve them in a way that's more effective to me as a player. You can go further and say that I
hadn't
achieved them, but this was before it had even begun (we're in the middle of it) and would not be a fair argument. The last seems fallacious-scum want to interact because it looks town, but town want to interact because it is an extremely powerful way to achieve the stated goals of getting reads and gamesolving.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #1891 (ISO) » Sun May 07, 2017 6:54 pm

Post by Prism »

I've got to go eat now but I want my next flurry of posting to be largely springboarding off of one of Nacho's read walls. In particular, he normally provides a fair chunk of reasoning and checking his interpretations against my own is more likely to provide fruit than any other at this juncture, I think. I am very salty that no one was willing to really toss me a bone because again, this was a perfect chance for you as well, not just for me.

Because I know someone inevitably going to say or at least think "But why are you saying this? Why don't you just do it you scum?" I'm going to point to my first post explaining how I'm setting largely arbitrary engagement goalposts for myself. This will be a constant theme throughout the game and is likely good for you in the long run, even if they can be largely ignored or discarded.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1892 (ISO) » Sun May 07, 2017 8:44 pm

Post by implosion »

Titus wrote:Hikari's posts are shading not gamesolving.
What specifically in hikari's posts is shading? That isn't the impression I got. My general impression of Hikari's personality was not a person to throw shade at people.
Keyser Söze
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1893 (ISO) » Sun May 07, 2017 10:57 pm

Post by Keyser Söze »

Titus re-read:

Spoiler:
Titus shares a similar observation as I had on nacho.
Some surface level confusion/frustration expressed here.
I like Titus asking for Nacho's reads twice, something I have noticed nacho is less vocal about.
Ask Nacho how his implosion read "evolved" - Titus looks curious to unpick her associations-theory.
Titus again asks Nacho about how his read of implosion has developed. Titus won't let this drop.
Titus doesn't understand Alisae's position on him. Healthy read-scrutiny which I always like to see.
Titus still doesn't like the implosion-Nacho relationship and the timing/nature of their town-read of eachother.
This paranoia turns into genuinely wanting implosion dead. I can see the confusion and the paranoia. Nothing feels forced here, just
very
focused.
Titus asking Alisae for his read on implosion. Titus has got her bone and won't let it go.
Titus is equally confused about Gin's 'give-a-shit-don't-give-a-shit-reads-list'.
"Implosion isn't lock scum but those interactions just don't feel right." I love the balanced/take-a-step-back conclusion from Titus here.
Titus is still obsessed on the "the early interactions between nacho and implosion". Titus is really committed to this narrative and wants everybody's view on it.
I feel Titus' vote on Hikari is more
insulted
-fueled. I genuinely see Titus being annoyed by her early theory-work being 'mis-repped' by Hikari. I'd prefer to see Titus look more closer at Hikari's ISO outside of his interaction with her. Are those scum-feels weakened or strengthened?
Insults Fro99er. Too-naughty-to-be-scum? Maybe-too-personal-to-be-partners-too.
Titus wants Boonskiies to share reads outside of his Fire-scum read. Cute and productive. Sadly Titus had zero effect in reasoning with Boonskiies.
Don't like Titus ruling out wagoning a player twice.
"I'm never getting a lynch I want with this crowd. I'll just settle for not terrible or me." I echo this sentiment.

Conclusion:

Still leaning town on Titus.
She needs to open up her focus on every slot now (my only real concern): but it looks like Titus focuses on close-associations so this is understandable.
I now want to look at the votes on Titus' leading D1 wagon.
[My pre-flip confirmation-bias tells me: I feel this is a miss-lynch, on a player whose caught up in her passionate push on (town), which scum will use to lynch her].
Last edited by nancy on Sun May 07, 2017 11:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Keyser Söze
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1894 (ISO) » Sun May 07, 2017 11:27 pm

Post by Keyser Söze »

Spoiler: Gin on Titus
In post 493, TheRealGin-N-Tonic wrote:rb
Alisae
Nachomamma8
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
Boonskiies
implosion

Tammy
Aristophanes
Keyser Söze
Hikari Link
Titus
Firebringer
Fro99er
In post 537, TheRealGin-N-Tonic wrote:I give a shit about you today
In post 539, TheRealGin-N-Tonic wrote:Also the reason i like your thoughts on asking you if you're crazy is because the town!titus I know uses messed up logic that baffles you and goes "this is crazy stupid, lol shut up" and you're ignored.

The concern of you asking if you were crazy makes me believe that you're using logic that fits how you try to solve things.
In post 1451, TheRealGin-N-Tonic wrote:VOTE: Titus
In post 1609, TheRealGin-N-Tonic wrote:Off of the top of my head, people I can remember

Tammy, Frog, Titus, Boon, Fire, Nacho, Prism, Implosion

the rest I can't remember meaning I don't give a shit
In post 1825, TheRealGin-N-Tonic wrote:Fire, Tammy, Nacho, Alisae, Frog, SAD, Ari

Titus, Implosion, Hikari, Prism, Keyser

VOTE: Titus
In post 1826, TheRealGin-N-Tonic wrote:Really I'm thinking of a Titus, Keyser, Implosion team and I'm gonna check if it makes sense

@TheRealGin-N-Tonic

- do you 'give-a-shit' / 'can remember' Titus? HOW does this translate to a town/scum read?
[My concern is that your method of categorising your reads gives you license to jump on wagons for non-tangible reasons.]
- I don't understand how Titus keeps flipping between each of your tiers.
- do you see anymore signs of the "town!titus I know"? What are the 'scum!titus' clues I am failing to see?
Keyser Söze
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1895 (ISO) » Sun May 07, 2017 11:39 pm

Post by Keyser Söze »

In post 1598, Alisae wrote:VOTE: Titus
It's because the game is 64 pages and it's a mini.
Poor timing, poor reason, poor vote
. You have more passion/content/focus on scum-Keyser, yet your vote is on Titus for (what alignment indicative reasons)?
You have made 163 posts - who are your strongest
scum
reads?
In post 1835, Alisae wrote:I want the day to end and I don't townread the slot.
Is Titus a null-read then?
If so, where is the effort to sort their slot?
It looks to me, you have no desire to 'scum-hunt' and have opportunistically settled on a player who is not town read by the mass.
In post 1849, Alisae wrote:Titus is a slot I just don't care for.
"a slot I just don't care for" - is this a criteria you usually find scum with?
In post 1849, Alisae wrote:Like, as long as {SAD, Boon, Nacho, Tammy, Fire} go untouched (going off of the top of my mind) then we're good because those are the reads I'm more confident in and those are my townreads
Those are 5 slots.
What about the other 7 slots?
It's too early to be playing PoE. Your work has not finished.
Keyser Söze
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1896 (ISO) » Sun May 07, 2017 11:55 pm

Post by Keyser Söze »

In post 993, Keyser Söze wrote:[I wanted Nacho to present his arguments/cases on his strongest scum-reads first too.]
In post 1017, Nachomamma8 wrote:I've very recently put my thoughts into a "state of the game" post - I'm not posting another one until I have reads on Prism, you, Aristophanes, Hikari Link, and Frogger that are a little more substantive.
Any update Nacho?
I believe every slot has given a substantive show for themselves now.
Which players should we be pressuring? Which players should we be voting?
In post 768, Nachomamma8 wrote:
Vote: Titus
What are your latest meditations on Titus? I believe you were the first to steer our attention that way.

In post 1445, implosion wrote:VOTE: Titus
In post 1447, implosion wrote:Titus is one of the people I'm not yet townreading, and nacho's voting her and i'm content to sheep him with nowhere that excites me to put my vote.
@implosion
- I have no problem with players sheeping their town-reads on D1, but if I were to ask you to list off a quick 5-bulletpoint summary on
why you aren't town reading Titus, what would those 5 reasons be
? I think these may deepen my read of both Titus and you.
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1897 (ISO) » Mon May 08, 2017 12:18 am

Post by Tammy »

In post 1879, Titus wrote:
In post 1876, Ser Arthur Dayne wrote:
In post 1873, Titus wrote: I'm not death tunneling. I'll vote something decent. Prism just doesn't feel like it. I'm not locked into voting Hiraki at all. I am willing to lynch Alisae, Ari, Implosion, gun to my head Nacho (but that's never happening).
4 of these people are all on your wagon (Titus (4) ~ Nachomamma8, Hikari Link, implosion, Alisae). If you had to break it down who do you think is there for town-motivated reasons whether it's apathy or pressuring or w/e?
I don't have the data to do that and have it be worth a damn yet. It would just be my reads based on dayplay. I'd vote any of them atm, which helps absolutely no one.
Can you point me yo a town game in which you got ran up and went limp? Literally the only town thing you've done this game is to omgus hiraki, but people you've suspected have voted you and you've ignored that.

There's no fire st all. Reminds me of inception when you couldn't react properly to being run up.
I am in the top 90% of scumhunters onsite!
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1898 (ISO) » Mon May 08, 2017 12:27 am

Post by Tammy »

Spoiler:
In post 1863, Titus wrote:
In post 1860, TheRealGin-N-Tonic wrote:
In post 1857, Titus wrote:
In post 1856, TheRealGin-N-Tonic wrote:
In post 1855, Titus wrote:I also TR Prism so... :/
porque
Because he's town. He's dripping with scumhunting oh and we gel.

[read the above is bullshit, but it worked for implosion so]
No be serious for a minute
I'm seriously just annoyed. I'll go pull some reasons to justify what I find when I read Prism's posts because I don't keep notes.

Like I know we're lynching town today so I really don't give a fuck because I don't have the persuasion power to actually get it through with Tammy ignoring me and calling me arrogant when I do try and demanding the same answer 4 or 5 ways and only noticing it once.

I'm just going to go ahead and start calling this for what it is.

You are lying. I'm not ignoring you and you know that.

Yes, I called you arrogant, you are an arrogant player, you're not the only one. That's not an insult p, a couple of my favorite players are arrogant. I talked about that in the context of what rb's interaction felt like.

You are lying when you say I'm demanding something. When you lied about this previously I pointed out that no, I did not ask you to elaborate on it after you said you couldn't verbalized it the first time. I never asked you to again. I pointed out that it was odd that you weren't sorting beyond that. I asked about what you thought of what they had done outside of those first pages. I asked why you weren't trying to sort them. I asked what you thought of their votes on you. To my knowledge you have not answered any of those. Feel free to point me to where you answered or what you're talking about.

Because I keep pointing out where our communication breaks down and you keep saying I'm doing things I'm not doing. And quite frankly I am at the point where it is alignment relevant. The last time we played together where I got so furious with you and you not reading my posts that I told you to stop playing in games I was in, I talked to you after and said that the one thing that infuriates me is you not reading my posts. So I'd kinda think that since in the sign up thread you said you hoped we'd be town together that you'd want to work with me and that you'd oh I don't know read my posts.
Last edited by nancy on Mon May 08, 2017 1:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1899 (ISO) » Mon May 08, 2017 12:28 am

Post by Tammy »

Spoiler:
In post 1784, Tammy wrote:My most salient points:

Town is in Nacho, Firebringer, Arthur (Boonskies) and outliers of Gin and possibly alisae.

My concerns are Titus are:

The beginning of the game she thought that nacho/implosion and my interaction was off, with most of her suspicion centered on Implosion and Nacho somewhat. She has muttered about this interaction being off but has done nothing with it. She said it was suspicious that Nacho had only given a couple reasons why he town read me so strongly and that is was based on meta she can't touch. (She has enough experience with the both of us to be able to prod at it.) That was reasoning given on about page 26 of the game. Almost fifty pages later she hasn't asked for an update or for him to expand. The lack of prodding or attempting to sort the players that she read as off since the beginning of the game is concerning.

Both of these players she's had somewhat troubles with have voted for her. Nacho voted without any reasoning. And Implosion sheeped nacho and isn't even pretending to try to sort Titus. She hasn't even blinked at these votes, which should be very odd for her.

Then some pages back, without any attempt to sort these players she finds off who are voting her for no reason at all, she changes gears. She omgus's hikari for a silly reason and then comes up with her new scum team of hiker/boonskies/Gin even though earlier she was town reading boon. She then purposefully* antagonized boon skies in a conversation this morning and boon skies interpretation looks actually legit. Titus is the leading wagon right now. Boon skies is the next wagon, and it looks like she was looking for a way to scum read boon skies so she can get on his wagon to deflect the wagon from herself. That is sheer opportunism.

She's staying here enough to look present but doesn't look like she's trying to figure out the game. She's not trying to sort the people who she claims to have issues with she's just kind of muttering about them. I don't see her trying to form town reads and get her town reads to work together, which is her thing. She claims part of the reason is because she's trying not to tunnel or deal with people who annoy her. But she's not even sorting. And she was the 11th person to sign up for this game; if there were annoying people here she didn't have to sign up, so that just looks like a cop out.

*It looks purposeful to me.

The only reason I'm not pushing this as hard as I'd like to is because I'd like to not be wrong here. Titus and I are never town together and she said in the sign up thread she hoped we were town together and I'd hoped so too. I've been hoping if she is town, she'd become apparent that she's town so that we could work together. But she's not doing that and she doesn't feel town at all.

Prism - I did throw you a bone.
Last edited by nancy on Mon May 08, 2017 12:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”