~ Aristophanes
Alisae (1)
~ Keyser Söze
TheRealGin-N-Tonic (1)
~ Prism

Not voting (0)
~

With 13 alive it takes 7 to lynch.
Day 1 deadline is in (expired on 2017-05-17 02:40:00).
Last edited by nancy on Mon May 08, 2017 5:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
:2017-2018:
hi meet my mafiascum gravestone, the flowers were probably left by camn or schadd or Prism, blow them kisses for me would you?
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #2301 (ISO) » Mon May 08, 2017 5:08 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

I don't think that will be a problem by the end of the day - there are a lot of people who are putting a lot of heart into this game and there's no way in hell that I'll allow myself to let them down.
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2302 (ISO) » Mon May 08, 2017 5:09 pm

Post by Tammy »

Spoiler:
In post 2286, Ser Arthur Dayne wrote:
In post 2282, Tammy wrote:Arthur I think one thing bothering me about your Prism read is how you're saying Town do X, Scum do Y, when you know that there isn't such a strict parameter for either. And I've seen you put more thought into understanding people than going a black and white scum express this behavior, not town.

Also, this is not to you just in general, but I just read through Alisae and I don't see scum. I'm not at super strong town either and the earlier mocking and caps did read fake, but he kinda feels all over the place and I just don't understand the scum reads there. Can someone who's scum reading him talk to me about this one?
Tbh most of it was putting on a show to try to get her to open up more emotionally because she felt very robotic. Her responses didn't actually solve that problem for me, but at least they made me feel better in terms of the posts not being contrived as opposed to a playstyle.

The slot is still a scumread because I'm carrying a strong scumread over from Rb. It's not really fair for the next player replacing in and I honestly understand that, but I'm not gonna drop suspicion of the slot instead of start evaluating the player from a lower point than null.

(Her post asking to engage did give me a bad gut vibe - I might've exaggerated the explanation but deep down it still doesn't sit right with me).

Alisae early game gave me very bad gut vibe. The closest way I can put it into words is that time I was playing with WJ as House Hunter (I think that was the alt) and people started pressuring me and I started reacting very badly to the push and generally being very hostile. Literally the same exact ~feeling~.

Okay I'd hoped something along those lines as I know you do that sometimes, but it just felt very odd when I know you think more deeply than scum do x, town do y.

(I've been burned a few times by the asking people to engage thing. I feel like it worked so well at home, but several times I've suspected someone for that type of question and they've ended up being town. I get what you're saying, but I just don't believe it in very strongly any more.)

I modded that game! I don't remember the alt though, but I remember the game. I did read Alisae's early game as off. The mocking and caps rage felt wrong to me, but it always does. Like katsuki when he does it, I always think he's scum until he stops and posts in his more normal way. I know that I suspect posts like that though. But I thought that his explanations for stuff felt fine. I'm also sappy and he's appealed to me several times and asked me to power town with him and it makes me want to hug him and town read him. I also think he approached frogger a little weird if he's actually scum. I'm not sure if that makes sense, but if they're site bff's I'd expect some crafting to his game to fit around frogger because he'd be his biggest obstacle here.

Oh he does seem legitimately bothered here and there that people aren't listening to his reads and with the exception of boon skies that didn't feel fake. I don't think. Maybe.
Last edited by nancy on Mon May 08, 2017 5:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I am in the top 90% of scumhunters onsite!
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #2303 (ISO) » Mon May 08, 2017 5:09 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Just will probably need more than one RL day to get there because drinking and I think that reading me by drunkposting is never ever a good idea for anyone
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #2304 (ISO) » Mon May 08, 2017 5:20 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 1102, Hikari Link wrote:His vote fell off Frog about the time that Frog was asking about vote counts and said that he was up to something. After that, he dialed back significantly.
This is a good observation; Ali still seemed pretty confident that Frog was scum even after he was up to something, but you're right that he dialed back and that lines up with the I KNEW IT! post he made after Frog revealed the gambit.
In post 1102, Hikari Link wrote:This leads me to believe that while he isn't entirely irrational, he lets his emotions carry him away far too frequently.
Which is something I noted the last time I played with Alisae which I think is probably why I'm not super concerned when he gets a little overzealous in his pushes (and maybe seeing it so recently makes it stand out that much more in my mind), but I definitely agree that he lets his emotions lead him as town and I don't think it shows in the same way when he's scum. And here I don't think it matter whether there's momentum with the Frogger push or not, I think that he did put a lot behind that Boonskiies push and I think he put a lot behind the Frogger push and I think the fact that he formed two strong pushes like that so quickly is pretty strong evidence towards him being town.

The case you're making here seems to be that he tends to follow his emotions and that's something he couldn't/wouldn't fake as scum, I agree with you, that's the main thrust of the argument that I'm making here - that it's more likely that he's just drawn to certain pushes and got overzealous about it than him being scum where he's willing to fake multiple pushes in the way that he has here instantly and for no reason at all.

Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2305 (ISO) » Mon May 08, 2017 5:22 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

How do people think I'm scum??

I've been behind the whole game. Literally have not been caught up once. What do you think that does for one's reads!?
Do you seriously think that AriScum comes in and picks a fight with Boon like that? Or that I openly admit I skimmed or skipped any long posts?

I'm 7 more behind btw on top of the rest. It's a shit reason to scumread me.
Half meme, Half real, All Aristophanes ;)
- Jingle
Ari has appeared way too competent for me to even pretend to know what they're thinking
- MooseEatsBear on discord mafia
it wouldn’t be an ari sig unless it takes up half the screen on mobile - Vonflare
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2306 (ISO) » Mon May 08, 2017 5:23 pm

Post by Tammy »

I actually like that post.
Ser Arthur Dayne
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2307 (ISO) » Mon May 08, 2017 5:27 pm

Post by Ser Arthur Dayne »

In post 2305, Aristophanes wrote:I've been behind the whole game. Literally have not been caught up once. What do you think that does for one's reads!?
Do you seriously think that AriScum comes in and picks a fight with Boon like that? Or that I openly admit I skimmed or skipped any long posts?
Spoiler:
Last edited by nancy on Mon May 08, 2017 8:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
vezokpiraka: If you are playing on EUNE we can duo.
chesskid3: I play on NA because i enjoy my freedom.
Ser Arthur Dayne
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2308 (ISO) » Mon May 08, 2017 5:29 pm

You just say you're behind

you're not making a conscious effort to TRY or give something for people to work with unless you're probed to death by people.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #2309 (ISO) » Mon May 08, 2017 5:32 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 1102, Hikari Link wrote:But I feel he would've made an obvious mistake by now if that was the case, due to a lack of planning.
Not sure what you're talking about here - just because he occasionally doesn't think things through doesn't mean that he will make an obvious mistake if scum because of lack of planning.

I'm also not really sure why you're townreading Frogger here. Do you think that he's too impulsive to play a scumgame that you haven't definitively picked up on yet or do you think that he's town for the progression on Alisae (like you imply later)?

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #2310 (ISO) » Mon May 08, 2017 5:34 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Vote: Keyser Soze

Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #2311 (ISO) » Mon May 08, 2017 5:34 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 2308, Ser Arthur Dayne wrote:You just say you're behind

you're not making a conscious effort to TRY or give something for people to work with unless you're probed to death by people.
Well, I am.

I'm trying to form reads and be helpful but I'm not finding much to poke at in my catchups. Everyone is saying things but I find little of it helpful and mist of it just repeats what they said before! Loke, for a game with this many posts, not much seems to be changing or evolving!
- Jingle
Ari has appeared way too competent for me to even pretend to know what they're thinking
it wouldn’t be an ari sig unless it takes up half the screen on mobile - Vonflare
Ser Arthur Dayne
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2312 (ISO) » Mon May 08, 2017 5:35 pm

Ari I'm not gonna give you talking points if that's what you want.
Ser Arthur Dayne
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2313 (ISO) » Mon May 08, 2017 5:36 pm

It's not even hard if you're actually scumhunting to look at a page and get gut vibes or w/e for different people that you can use at a starting point.
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2314 (ISO) » Mon May 08, 2017 5:43 pm

Post by Tammy »

keyser is a good vote, yes.
Ser Arthur Dayne
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2315 (ISO) » Mon May 08, 2017 5:46 pm

I just checked and your boonskiies vote is 40 pages old.

And you say nothing is evolving.

How do you just want things to get done if you're not actively pushing for a change.

Like it's easy to say "not much seems to be changing or evolving". Town you wouldn't be satisfied with that and would be pushing for an active change. And trust me, I understand the lazy-scum feeling more than anything.
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #2316 (ISO) » Mon May 08, 2017 5:47 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 2313, Ser Arthur Dayne wrote:It's not even hard if you're actually scumhunting to look at a page and get gut vibes or w/e for different people that you can use at a starting point.
Nah, I can survive without talking points. I just look at the posts this game and feel nothing to swing me either way. None of it feels AI even though it probably should! I'll get there, don't worry. I just haven't felt it yet.
- Jingle
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #2317 (ISO) » Mon May 08, 2017 5:50 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 2315, Ser Arthur Dayne wrote:I just checked and your boonskiies vote is 40 pages old.

And you say nothing is evolving.

How do you just want things to get done if you're not actively pushing for a change.

Like it's easy to say "not much seems to be changing or evolving". Town you wouldn't be satisfied with that and would be pushing for an active change. And trust me, I understand the lazy-scum feeling more than anything.
Okay, and I'm missing another chunk in those 40 pages. I'm honestly not satisfied with just saying that nothing is that I, but I don't have the game knowledge to question people atm, nor a read strong enough to push.

If I were lazy scum I would look extremely different in these posts. I have a long history of horrible scumgames where I don't post. This is not the case here!
- Jingle
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2318 (ISO) » Mon May 08, 2017 5:55 pm

Post by Tammy »

Spoiler:
In post 1824, Hikari Link wrote:Can you elaborate? Both in terms of why the reasoning is why and why it is indicative of experience or alignment, please.

In post 1810, Tammy wrote:
In post 1806, Hikari Link wrote:
In post 1804, Hikari Link wrote:
In post 1797, TheRealGin-N-Tonic wrote:
QUESTION TIME FOR THOSE EXCEPT FIRE:

Do you think Boon could have faked that bravado during the arguments?

It's all text. I think anybody can fake anything.

Well, not anything. But in terms of emotions.

there's a lot of things that people can and do fake, but there are some behaviors that people don't and won't due to alignment. His scum game shows him being far more in control than the town games I've seen of him.

But, I'm pretty good at reading Arthur, so boon skies shouldn't matter too much to my read there.

What are some of these things that people don't and won't do? Because the only stuff I can't see being faked is stuff that'd be really elaborate to fake, in terms of emotions.

Well on keyser you say that it looks like he's in confirmation bias and scum wouldn't want to do that because it wouldn't be a good look, but some scum do tunnel on town players to look like they're convinced and have a hard time changing their reads. Static reads with no change whatsoever is often a product of scum.

On fire bringer you're giving an easy contribution equals alignment in which you say he's not doing much, but if you read what he's actually said and the reads he's actually given they've been pretty good.

Your scum read on prism is due to putting a vote on someone when he knew he'd have limited access, which isn't a scum tell in the slightest.

Most of your scum reads or questioning reads boil down to lack of contribution without looking at the actual contribution given, which is pretty superficial reasoning.

So the reasoning looks weak, but you don't have a lot of experience so some of this can be a product of a lack of experience with teasing out the intricacies of what contribution is present and what makes someone town/scum. Or it can be scum who is scum reading people for easy reasoning.

Some of your posts look really townie, but as a whole I'm just not sure which it is.
Last edited by nancy on Mon May 08, 2017 8:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #2319 (ISO) » Mon May 08, 2017 5:57 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

Spoiler:
In post 2246, Ser Arthur Dayne wrote:
In post 2133, Keyser Söze wrote:I have already defended Titus.

Her weak wagon has since been dismantled, and the misguided mob have moved onto the next low-hanging fruit.
ARI

IS NOT A LOW HANGING FRUIT

Low hanging fruit isn't just whoever is not posting reads or content. It's about who has the POTENTIAL to be strong, and Ari is not a newbie. His posting is deliberately manipulative or lazy scum (I'm actually leaning towards the latter).
In post 2160, Alisae wrote:SAD remember in Gay Mafia you said
SAD wrote:My favorite way to play is to sheep the bussers btw.
Yeah, sheep me. Come on, you know you want to ;)
pedit: I wanna kill keyser too!
Alisae the Ari wagon is mine kdciushdcaoscoasocoipasc MY PRECIOUS.
In post 2162, Alisae wrote:SAD if I voted Keyser and said I was bussing, would you sheep me?
Tbh I'll prob get on Keyser if it's a compromise but I want Ari more.
Not that it would prob help me feel better about your alignment if Keyser is scum :/ But I'll leave the deeper analysis post-flip.

Hahaha I like that you think I'm good at this game! <3

This is a good post and I do like your other posts and the prodding of me here. You definitely townread here :)
Last edited by nancy on Mon May 08, 2017 8:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- Jingle
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2320 (ISO) » Mon May 08, 2017 6:02 pm

Post by Tammy »

Yeah, I'm not interested in wagoning Ari today.

I'm most likely to join keyser as regardless of anyone else I think he's most likely to flip scum.
Fro99er
Fro99er
Survivor
Fro99er
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2321 (ISO) » Mon May 08, 2017 6:13 pm

Post by Fro99er »

In post 2309, Nachomamma8 wrote:
In post 1102, Hikari Link wrote:But I feel he would've made an obvious mistake by now if that was the case, due to a lack of planning.
Not sure what you're talking about here - just because he occasionally doesn't think things through doesn't mean that he will make an obvious mistake if scum because of lack of planning.

I'm also not really sure why you're townreading Frogger here. Do you think that he's too impulsive to play a scumgame that you haven't definitively picked up on yet or do you think that he's town for the progression on Alisae (like you imply later)?
I'm pretty convinced this is town nacho.

And no it's not because he's saying good things about me. He did in laundry and I still scumread him. It's just different here. He's comprehending things and explaining them beyond a surface level.

Sounds stupid as fuck, but that's all I got.
"I officially announce Fro99er the king of guilties because this is the second time he has guiltied a slot I was really unsure about.
Heil King Froggo.
Ribbit ribbit." -Transcend
Fro99er
Fro99er
Survivor
Fro99er
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2322 (ISO) » Mon May 08, 2017 6:14 pm

Post by Fro99er »

In post 2260, Fro99er wrote:
In post 2129, Keyser Söze wrote:If Titus becomes the lead wagon again I will make another full defence of her slot
Also

@keyser YOU BETTER DO THIS BECAUSE TITUS IS THE LEADING WAGON
"I officially announce Fro99er the king of guilties because this is the second time he has guiltied a slot I was really unsure about.
Heil King Froggo.
Ribbit ribbit." -Transcend
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2323 (ISO) » Mon May 08, 2017 6:14 pm

Post by Tammy »

Well that's what I was trying to get across with the game-solvey from the start and jumping in explaining things in a way he does when he's town, so you said it better than I did.
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #2324 (ISO) » Mon May 08, 2017 6:15 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

Froggy, may I ask
why
Titus is the leading wagon?
- Jingle

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”