boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #225 (ISO) » Tue May 09, 2017 12:35 pm

Post by boring »

How long has it been since Java posted? Originally, it looked like he'd be more active. Turns out, he's not that interested in the game? Not that we've had super high activity from anyone today. (Unless it's a holiday, and I missed it). Regardless, I can't help but wonder when players just fade.

So, @Chickadee, do you
really
think Desperado is scum? Early wagons are stressful, I realize, but do you really think his choices were more scum than town-motivated?
TheBrie
TheBrie
Mafia Scum
TheBrie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #226 (ISO) » Tue May 09, 2017 1:58 pm

Post by TheBrie »

I'm 'ditsy' because I haven't played with this many people before and I actually have to worry about what people think. Last game I became conf town and that gave me more freedom.

Also I've been seesawing in whether I should give my information. I think its usefulness to town is greater than its usefulness to scum, but I haven't been sure claiming is a good idea.
Anyway here it is: I'm Census Taker. Once a game I can ask how many alive players there are of each alignment.
There's 3 mafia, 1 third-party, and 9 town aligned player.
Show
Was once the mistress of contingency plans. Finding all the wrong answers along with the right ones since December 2016.

Jingle when I was SK: Wish TB would have won though, she was obvtown.
Silliest line from my best game: But neither of you seem that smart.
As scum: RC could be scum.
TheBrie
TheBrie
Mafia Scum
TheBrie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #227 (ISO) » Tue May 09, 2017 2:03 pm

Post by TheBrie »

Java last posted over 48 hours ago. I suppose that means he'll be prodded soon.
He's also the only one not voting.
Show
Was once the mistress of contingency plans. Finding all the wrong answers along with the right ones since December 2016.

Chickadee
Chickadee
Slightly Sketchy
Chickadee
Slightly Sketchy
Slightly Sketchy

Post Post #228 (ISO) » Tue May 09, 2017 2:04 pm

Post by Chickadee »

In post 225, boring wrote:How long has it been since Java posted? Originally, it looked like he'd be more active. Turns out, he's not that interested in the game? Not that we've had super high activity from anyone today. (Unless it's a holiday, and I missed it). Regardless, I can't help but wonder when players just fade.

So, @Chickadee, do you
really
think Desperado is scum? Early wagons are stressful, I realize, but do you really think his choices were more scum than town-motivated?

I feel like this question is posed in way to purposefully make me look scummy. I'm not getting a town vibe from it at all.

But I'll answer. I really don't see much town-motivated play from Desperado, but like...it's a really weird play from the standpoint of scum. Either way, I would like to see him look at other players and other aspects of the game. I'm not even the only one to ask him to do so.

What do you think about his play? I'm noting that you're defending him here.

@Brie wish you hadn't done that, but it's helpful at the very least.
Instagram: BoneSpellArts

"Yo I'm so good at anime girls" - pj
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #229 (ISO) » Tue May 09, 2017 2:23 pm

Post by boring »

UNVOTE:

@Chickadee - In retrospect, that post did look a little odd, but I was having to stop and start writing it several times. Anyway, I
am
sticking my neck out at this point for a few reasons. a) I think you're biased against his bias. I.e., I think you'd be way more forgiving about his idee fixe if he was tunnelling someone you found scummy, b) as you said, his play is really weird for scum. In fact, it's moronic. c) it's fishy that the wagon went from you to him so rapidly.
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #230 (ISO) » Tue May 09, 2017 2:38 pm

Post by boring »

I forgot about your other question: I think Desperado's play so far is "meh". Some people are just really confident in their reads, and they death tunnel. He's not tried very hard to get you lynched yet, but he does seem confident. It's annoying, but what can you do? If it makes you feel any better, he might decide we're scum-buddies before too long.
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #231 (ISO) » Tue May 09, 2017 2:48 pm

Post by boring »

@Brie, you missed Java in your reads list. How are you feeling about him?
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #232 (ISO) » Tue May 09, 2017 2:58 pm

Post by Creature »

Great, I hate third parties, hopefully it's one that town doesn't need to kill.
Sigh
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #233 (ISO) » Tue May 09, 2017 2:59 pm

Post by Creature »

Desperado is scum because if he were town he wouldn't let this game be like this.
Sigh
Desperado
Desperado
Survivor
Desperado
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #234 (ISO) » Tue May 09, 2017 3:06 pm

Post by Desperado »

what is this game like?
;)
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #235 (ISO) » Tue May 09, 2017 3:31 pm

Post by boring »

In post 233, Creature wrote:Desperado is scum because if he were town he wouldn't let this game be like this.
Have you played with him before? Is the low-posting out of character?
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #236 (ISO) » Tue May 09, 2017 3:35 pm

Post by boring »

In post 232, Creature wrote:Great, I hate third parties, hopefully it's one that town doesn't need to kill.
I doubt two death-able parties would have failed to make a N0 kill. I'd guess it's probably something survivor-like or jester-like... maybe a goo? I dunno. The list is too long to sift through again without a really good reason.
TheBrie
TheBrie
Mafia Scum
TheBrie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #237 (ISO) » Tue May 09, 2017 3:36 pm

Post by TheBrie »

In post 231, boring wrote:@Brie, you missed Java in your reads list. How are you feeling about him?
What he has posted seems okay and if he has a good excuse for why he hasn't been on, I'll be moderately satisfied.

I didn't miss him intentionally.
Show

TheBrie
TheBrie
Mafia Scum
TheBrie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #238 (ISO) » Tue May 09, 2017 3:39 pm

Post by TheBrie »

Good point on the third party not bring a killer. I should have thought of that. Though potentially someone could not kill the first night and still kill later.
Goo would be fun, though I think they only affect people who target them. So I won't be goo.
Show

TheBrie
TheBrie
Mafia Scum
TheBrie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #239 (ISO) » Tue May 09, 2017 3:40 pm

Post by TheBrie »

Being, not bring.
Show

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #240 (ISO) » Tue May 09, 2017 3:45 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 232, Creature wrote:Great, I hate third parties, hopefully it's one that town doesn't need to kill.
It is true that I'm falling asleep already and my eyes are burning, but I honestly tried to find where this came from and could. The thing is The Brie even responded to it, so I went back and read their last 4-5 posts and still couldn't find the reference to 3P, so I'm even going blind or I don't know what you two are talking about. Anyone care to share?

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
Chickadee
Chickadee
Slightly Sketchy
Chickadee
Slightly Sketchy
Slightly Sketchy

Post Post #241 (ISO) » Tue May 09, 2017 3:50 pm

Post by Chickadee »

In post 240, Almost50 wrote:
It is true that I'm falling asleep already and my eyes are burning, but I honestly tried to find where this came from and could. The thing is The Brie even responded to it, so I went back and read their last 4-5 posts and still couldn't find the reference to 3P, so I'm even going blind or I don't know what you two are talking about. Anyone care to share?

Bolded for convenience:
In post 226, TheBrie wrote:I'm 'ditsy' because I haven't played with this many people before and I actually have to worry about what people think. Last game I became conf town and that gave me more freedom.

Also I've been seesawing in whether I should give my information. I think its usefulness to town is greater than its usefulness to scum, but I haven't been sure claiming is a good idea.
Anyway here it is: I'm Census Taker. Once a game I can ask how many alive players there are of each alignment.

TheBrie
TheBrie
Mafia Scum
TheBrie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #242 (ISO) » Tue May 09, 2017 3:52 pm

Post by TheBrie »

And I was just in the middle of explaining myself.

I'm thinking Almost 59 is genuinely confused, though I'm surprised he missed it.
Show

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #243 (ISO) » Tue May 09, 2017 4:11 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 241, Chickadee wrote:
In post 240, Almost50 wrote:

Bolded for convenience:
In post 226, TheBrie wrote:I'm 'ditsy' because I haven't played with this many people before and I actually have to worry about what people think. Last game I became conf town and that gave me more freedom.

OK.. this just roves I should've been in bed like.. an hour ago. Thanks for bolding it though. :oops:

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #244 (ISO) » Tue May 09, 2017 4:13 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 242, TheBrie wrote:And I was just in the middle of explaining myself.

I'm thinking Almost 59 is genuinely confused, though I'm surprised he missed it.
Oh, please! I'm TEN YEARS younger than that. I'll only be 49 next June. :(

Chickadee
Chickadee
Slightly Sketchy
Chickadee
Slightly Sketchy
Slightly Sketchy

Post Post #245 (ISO) » Tue May 09, 2017 4:19 pm

Post by Chickadee »

In post 229, boring wrote:UNVOTE:

@Chickadee - In retrospect, that post did look a little odd, but I was having to stop and start writing it several times. Anyway, I
am
sticking my neck out at this point for a few reasons. a) I think you're biased against his bias. I.e., I think you'd be way more forgiving about his idee fixe if he was tunnelling someone you found scummy, b) as you said, his play is really weird for scum. In fact, it's moronic. c) it's fishy that the wagon went from you to him so rapidly.
In post 230, boring wrote:I forgot about your other question: I think Desperado's play so far is "meh". Some people are just really confident in their reads, and they death tunnel. He's not tried very hard to get you lynched yet, but he does seem confident. It's annoying, but what can you do? If it makes you feel any better, he might decide we're scum-buddies before too long.
So many things you say are pinging me boring.

Maybe I am biased. Maybe not. Who knows. But I'm not the only person to tell Desperado that his tunneling is odd. It's too early in the day to be confident enough to tunnel like he is unless he has information. If he does, and it leads him to believe I'm scum, then his information isn't reliable. I know that holds no weight for anyone but me though.

As for Desperado's confidence, he's never played with me before. He has no reason to be so confident in reading me.

VOTE: boring

GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #246 (ISO) » Tue May 09, 2017 7:29 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 221, massive wrote:Well since I said I could vote Chickadee, now that it's not L-1, I will do so.

VOTE: Chickadee
you don't have anything more than this?

this vote is almost comically awkward - I hate it but tbh I also don't remember seeing you make posts this bad when we were scum together
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #247 (ISO) » Tue May 09, 2017 7:33 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 226, TheBrie wrote:Also I've been seesawing in whether I should give my information. I think its usefulness to town is greater than its usefulness to scum, but I haven't been sure claiming is a good idea.
ehhhhhhhh there's nothing here that isn't fakeable by scum but I'm also thinking it seems mostly unlikely scum!Brie commits to a fakeclaim so early under barely any pressure?

gonna call this town for now and move on, but it's not a bad check if we have a rolecop or something
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #248 (ISO) » Tue May 09, 2017 7:36 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 230, boring wrote:I forgot about your other question: I think Desperado's play so far is "meh".
this doesn't jibe with where you said he was more likely town, why the change
GinghamDog
GinghamDog
Goon
GinghamDog
Goon
Goon

Post Post #249 (ISO) » Wed May 10, 2017 2:03 am

Post by GinghamDog »

In post 247, GuiltyLion wrote: ehhhhhhhh there's nothing here that isn't fakeable by scum but I'm also thinking it seems mostly unlikely scum!Brie commits to a fakeclaim so early under barely any pressure?

gonna call this town for now and move on, but it's not a bad check if we have a rolecop or something
Brie was early confirmed town in our last game, and she admits to enjoying the freedom it gave her. Wouldn't be shocking to me if she was faking this to reclaim some of that freedom in this game, but I'm inclined to believe her for now.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”