Accountant's Utopia Philosophy

This forum is for discussion about anything else.
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4525 (ISO) » Thu May 11, 2017 7:02 am

Post by Accountant »

1) The cardinal sin, as I have referred to it many times, is that of someone telling someone else what is inside their mind, ie. what you just did and are continuing to do, because you are a bad person.
2) I am my beliefs, and I have ALSO said this many times.
3) You're an impudent child if you think you know what is inside my mind.
4) You're dodging the issue. That was a clear attempt to discredit them.
5) It is better than the "real thing" and all the people who disagree are wrong or have weird metrics.
6) I refuse to spend time in your hellhole. Why don't you go live in reality if you love it so much?
7) and what do I need help for? The fact that I'm morally superior? Maybe YOU need help to not be a jerk.
There's nothing that says that a fake can't beat the real thing.

You must not imagine that for beings like you and us there can be laughter. The low men laugh, and we envy them. But for us, the higher ones, there is no laughter, only an unending vigil, purely serious, stretching on into the night.
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4526 (ISO) » Thu May 11, 2017 7:03 am

Post by Accountant »

In post 4524, Shaziro wrote:
In post 4522, Fluminator wrote:Anyway, probably my last post here for awhile since I doubt you want me in here atm.
The only control Accountant has over the content of this thread is that Accountant can decide it is harassing them and ask for it to be taken down, or report people in the thread for harassment. If you don't harass Accountant, you're fine. I don't think you've stepped over that line, but I'm not a skittle so I couldn't tell you. Accountant has, in the past, openly told people when they overstep and asked them to step back, so I kinda doubt Accountant feels you've overstepped either. Could be wrong.
He hasn't overstepped from a skittles point of view, but he's overstepped from my point of view.

You must not imagine that for beings like you and us there can be laughter. The low men laugh, and we envy them. But for us, the higher ones, there is no laughter, only an unending vigil, purely serious, stretching on into the night.
Shaziro
Shaziro
Mafia Scum
Shaziro
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4527 (ISO) » Thu May 11, 2017 7:03 am

Post by Shaziro »

Fair 'nuff.
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4528 (ISO) » Thu May 11, 2017 7:07 am

Post by Accountant »

In post 4523, Shaziro wrote:I was asking you to explain your reasoning before I made assumptions. Clearly, you don't see fit to do the same, that's fine, it just means you're gonna be wrong more often. I think that any admiration for a dictator dragging his political opponents out and having them shot to death in front of his other potential opponents as a way of showing force is gross. I don't care if you think it's "beautiful" because of the ideas behind it or because he was convinced enough in his ideas to do it, it's still gross, and you're gross for thinking it's anything but gross, at least in my mind. I don't have to know what your reasoning for thinking something are to know that they won't be sufficient to make the thought not-gross.
1) He didn't shoot them in front of his other opponents. He had those opponents form the firing squad and made them pull the trigger.

2) It's not gross. I don't see why you think it's gross. Why the fuck would you be disgusted by conviction? It makes far more sense to be disgusted by Hussein being a spineless worm who can't impose his ideal. You can hate him, you can condemn him, but it takes someone with a fundamentally skewed and wrong view of the world to be grossed out by someone baring their axioms to you.

Shaziro
Shaziro
Mafia Scum
Shaziro
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4529 (ISO) » Thu May 11, 2017 7:09 am

Post by Shaziro »

Can you see how your second point there, and you not seeing why I think it's gross, could be a matter of you not understanding me or being able to relate to me, rather than me being wrong?
Sesq
Sesq
Mafia Scum
Sesq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4530 (ISO) » Thu May 11, 2017 7:09 am

Post by Sesq »

In post 4501, Accountant wrote:
In post 4499, Sesq wrote:axioms are an idea in your head

you can hold ideas in your head that are unrealistic while living a life that is 100% situated in reality
WRONG

AXIOMS ARE ME
axioms are not the literal physical components that make you up

but they define your beliefs and how you function psychologically

is this correct?
In post 4517, Accountant wrote:A. Yes I am.

B. Yes and not appreciating beauty makes you a plebeian.

C. You've admitted you don't understand anything I say, so you admitted that yourself.
as for b, no, that isnt defining criteria for a plebian at all. not even remotely.

i'm kinda glad you're getting angry finally, it feels human

but i wish you were more getting angry who were straight-up insulting you rather than trying to play armchair psychology

also as i keep saying, telling someone what is inside their mind, is not uncommon. normal people have flaws and talents they do not see but others do. how you think and work inside your head and what you put out into the public sphere are different and as a result other people have a different perception of you. less accurate perception? yeah, probably. 100% innaccurate? probably not.

i know when i was younger i had a lot of flaws i didnt really notice but others did. i'm generally more self-aware now but i wouldn't say entirely. have other people here experienced this?

PEDIT: That's the thing though, it isn't about his beliefs that caused the guns to fire, it's about the action. people are disgusted with the action of killing, regardless of what lead to it.
Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #4531 (ISO) » Thu May 11, 2017 9:28 am

Post by Kublai Khan »

In post 4418, Accountant wrote:You're saying that you know my mind better than me. The only way that happens is that either I'm insane, retarded or a broken sack of meat. You see why calling someone those things is considered an attack?
No, you are jumping to your own conclusions. When people say "nobody is perfect" it means that everybody is flawed. Everyone makes mistakes, false assumptions, poor reasoning, etc. And it's not a negative thing to point that out to someone. In fact, in this culture, people usually only try to help out people they like.

This thread has been 180 plus pages of you explaining your "philosophy" and everyone else going "no.. that doesn't jibe with reality". This has happened over and over again. But instead of maybe questioning your premise, you've doubled down. People have offered you logic, but you're rejected logic. They've offered anecdotes, you've rejected anecdotes. They've shown that your ideas are silly when pushed to the extreme, and you've accepted the silly as normal. They've tried to satirize you, but you were unable to notice. They've shown you your hypocrisy, but you were unable to notice.

The only thing that's been accomplished as that you've now fully committed to a silly idea and there's no way out. You're mistaking stubbornness for conviction and you are stuck.

Are we "armchair psychoanalyzing" you? Yeah, we are. But there's nothing else to do. We can't debate philosophy because you reject logic. We can't simply not converse because you crave attention and if this thread dies down you wander into other threads and start posting to see whose attention you can get to drag back here. Nobody wants to sit around and listen to you describe how you'd love to kill everyone off and replace them with robots.

You need help, Accountant. You're fixated on an idea and you need help moving past it. That doesn't mean that you are broken, or insane, or anything negative. It just means you're normal.
Occasionally intellectually honest

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated
Sesq
Sesq
Mafia Scum
Sesq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4532 (ISO) » Thu May 11, 2017 9:32 am

Post by Sesq »

damb
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4533 (ISO) » Thu May 11, 2017 9:52 am

Post by Umlaut »

In post 4421, Accountant wrote:
In post 4408, Accountant wrote:you unrighteous shell.
For reference, the word "shell" here means someone with no axioms, as Sesq is.
In post 4525, Accountant wrote:1) The cardinal sin, as I have referred to it many times, is that of someone telling someone else what is inside their mind, ie. what you just did and are continuing to do, because you are a bad person.
Accountant, I accuse you of committing the cardinal sin.
“There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say, ‘There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say there are two kinds of people in this world,
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
say. Well, then there’s me.” — J.R. “Bob” Dobbs
Shaziro
Shaziro
Mafia Scum
Shaziro
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4534 (ISO) » Thu May 11, 2017 10:24 am

Post by Shaziro »

In post 4531, Kublai Khan wrote:We can't simply not converse because you crave attention and if this thread dies down you wander into other threads and start posting to see whose attention you can get to drag back here.
Literally one of 2 reasons I comment in this thread anymore.

1: Maybe folks who would be vulnerable to Accountant's shit will have some sense knocked into them when they see people actively calling out the grossness
2: It contains the grossness
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4535 (ISO) » Thu May 11, 2017 11:38 am

Post by Accountant »

In post 4529, Shaziro wrote:Can you see how your second point there, and you not seeing why I think it's gross, could be a matter of you not understanding me or being able to relate to me, rather than me being wrong?
No. If I see nothing wrong with it, then it's probably correct.

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4536 (ISO) » Thu May 11, 2017 11:40 am

Post by Accountant »

In post 4533, Umlaut wrote:Accountant, I accuse you of committing the cardinal sin.
Explain.

Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #4537 (ISO) » Thu May 11, 2017 11:42 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

In post 4536, Accountant wrote:
In post 4533, Umlaut wrote:Accountant, I accuse you of committing the cardinal sin.
Explain.
There's no way this is a sincere post
Also, what is NM doing? Worst play I’ve ever seen.
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4538 (ISO) » Thu May 11, 2017 11:48 am

Post by Accountant »

In post 4530, Sesq wrote:axioms are not the literal physical components that make you up

but they define your beliefs and how you function psychologically

is this correct?
I have no physical components.

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4539 (ISO) » Thu May 11, 2017 11:49 am

Post by Accountant »

In post 4537, Not_Mafia wrote:
In post 4536, Accountant wrote:
Explain.
There's no way this is a sincere post
When someone quotes two posts and makes an accusation, I expect them to explain their chain of logic.

Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #4540 (ISO) » Thu May 11, 2017 11:52 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

Are you unable to make basic deductions or are you embellishing your persona for attention?
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #4541 (ISO) » Thu May 11, 2017 11:52 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

There's an accusation and a quote, you're clearly capable of putting 2 and 2 together
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4542 (ISO) » Thu May 11, 2017 11:54 am

Post by Accountant »

In post 4530, Sesq wrote:also as i keep saying, telling someone what is inside their mind, is not uncommon. normal people have flaws and talents they do not see but others do. how you think and work inside your head and what you put out into the public sphere are different and as a result other people have a different perception of you. less accurate perception? yeah, probably. 100% innaccurate? probably not.
Less accurate than my own perception of myself. If you think there's anyone who can ever know me better than I know myself, you're incredibly wrong.

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4543 (ISO) » Thu May 11, 2017 11:55 am

Post by Accountant »

In post 4541, Not_Mafia wrote:There's an accusation and a quote, you're clearly capable of putting 2 and 2 together
There are two reasons I'm not jumping to conclusions.

1) What I assume Umlaut is thinking is not the same as what he is thinking. It's always better to seek clarification than run into misunderstanding. This has bitten me before.

2) By asking laying Umlaut to lay his thinking out, it becomes easier to expose the fallacy.

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4544 (ISO) » Thu May 11, 2017 11:58 am

Post by Accountant »

In post 4530, Sesq wrote:PEDIT: That's the thing though, it isn't about his beliefs that caused the guns to fire, it's about the action. people are disgusted with the action of killing, regardless of what lead to it.
And if they're so squeamish that they can't look past their own kneejerk reaction to see the inherent beauty embedded in those actions, that makes them an uncultured pleb.

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4545 (ISO) » Thu May 11, 2017 12:01 pm

Post by Accountant »

Art is about evoking a certain emotion, right? A good piece of art can evoke feelings of visceral disgust as well. But it's not about that. If you watched the video, the interviewees described Hussein as enjoying the fear he lent to the crowd. This, then, is the emotion he is trying to convey. That he is a monster, that he is someone who unflinchingly destroys everything in his path. That was why he ordered the hall be videotaped. By calling it gross and condemning him a monster, you're buying into that idea and acknowledging the concept he imposes on the world. Your reaction validates the art, and you being unable to see that means you're fundamentally unable to appreciate this kind of art.

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4546 (ISO) » Thu May 11, 2017 12:02 pm

Post by Accountant »

In post 4531, Kublai Khan wrote:No, you are jumping to your own conclusions. When people say "nobody is perfect" it means that everybody is flawed. Everyone makes mistakes, false assumptions, poor reasoning, etc. And it's not a negative thing to point that out to someone. In fact, in this culture, people usually only try to help out people they like
However, I accept no flaw in my mind. If you insist there is a flaw, it follows I must be either lying or crazy.

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4547 (ISO) » Thu May 11, 2017 12:04 pm

Post by Accountant »

In post 4531, Kublai Khan wrote:This thread has been 180 plus pages of you explaining your "philosophy" and everyone else going "no.. that doesn't jibe with reality". This has happened over and over again. But instead of maybe questioning your premise, you've doubled down.
Explain to me why I should be so weak willed that I'd betray my own axioms because it doesn't "jibe with reality"? (Let's ignore for the moment that the whole point is to force it to.)

Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #4548 (ISO) » Thu May 11, 2017 12:04 pm

Post by Not_Mafia »

Art isn't real, Saddam Hussein was an actual, literal, real brutal dictator
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4549 (ISO) » Thu May 11, 2017 12:05 pm

Post by Accountant »

In post 4531, Kublai Khan wrote:People have offered you logic, but you're rejected logic. They've offered anecdotes, you've rejected anecdotes. They've shown that your ideas are silly when pushed to the extreme, and you've accepted the silly as normal. They've tried to satirize you, but you were unable to notice. They've shown you your hypocrisy, but you were unable to notice.
You're goddamn right. This illustrates how the correct path overcomes every barrier in its sight.

Return to “General Discussion”