Mini Normal 1908 - In The Web (Game Over)

WhemeStar
WhemeStar
Survivor
WhemeStar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1575 (ISO) » Fri May 12, 2017 3:28 pm

Post by WhemeStar »

In post 1571, MortFeld wrote:
In post 1570, WhemeStar wrote:
In post 1565, MortFeld wrote:
In post 1564, WhemeStar wrote:Hey so I'm here who wants to talk
Tarkus read
Null - Scum, not enough activity IMO. Id be fine lynching but I really don't want to lynch someone inactive.
But if he's inactive because he's scum? I'll write more on this.
I think you can be inactive as town or scum.
Im a dog that quacks
Ircher
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
What A Grand Idea
Pronoun: He / Him / His

Post Post #1576 (ISO) » Fri May 12, 2017 3:28 pm

Post by Ircher »

No idea what you are asking @Mort.

No, I'm not mafia.

Pedit: That's true.
Links: User Page | GTKAS
Do you have questions, ideas, or feedback for the Scummies? Please pm me!
MortFeld
MortFeld
Mafia Scum
MortFeld
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1577 (ISO) » Fri May 12, 2017 3:29 pm

Post by MortFeld »

That's not incompatible with him being inactive because he's scum. It would be incompatible with him being scum because he's inactive.

I'm not really asking if you're Mafia. Well I was the first time, not the second.
Players I admire: Thor665, Lapsa, RC
MMM
MMM
Mafia Scum
MMM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1578 (ISO) » Fri May 12, 2017 3:52 pm

Post by MMM »

In post 1551, MortFeld wrote:This gamestate is awful.
I agree -
which is why getting someone lynched already would be great.
I don't know what the reason is but there is a large set {Tarkus, Ircher, GE, MM4} and you might throw me in there not counting the first few pages and maybe MMM, who are implicitly keeping the gamestate where it is by posting yet having very few game-related interactions.
I believe I've stated the situation with my exams already, it's making me much less motivated to post a lot especially when coupled with the entire transcend thing/other non-game related life problems.
BigYoshiFan
BigYoshiFan
He
Mafia Scum
BigYoshiFan
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1579 (ISO) » Fri May 12, 2017 4:02 pm

Post by BigYoshiFan »

I feel you MMM, vote PP with me?
There's a fine line between genius and sociopathy.
#sundevils #forksup
MMM
MMM
Mafia Scum
MMM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1580 (ISO) » Fri May 12, 2017 4:07 pm

Post by MMM »

I'll place my vote there if it makes the wagon bigger than Wheme's at this point
BigYoshiFan
BigYoshiFan
He
Mafia Scum
BigYoshiFan
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1581 (ISO) » Fri May 12, 2017 4:18 pm

Post by BigYoshiFan »

Why don't you vote someone? @everyone not voting
There's a fine line between genius and sociopathy.
#sundevils #forksup
MortFeld
MortFeld
Mafia Scum
MortFeld
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1582 (ISO) » Fri May 12, 2017 4:26 pm

Post by MortFeld »

VOTE: ircher
MortFeld
MortFeld
Mafia Scum
MortFeld
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1583 (ISO) » Fri May 12, 2017 4:27 pm

Post by MortFeld »

In post 1581, BigYoshiFan wrote:Why don't you vote someone? @everyone not voting
Because it's either GE or a vanity wagon.
Kelvin Smith
Kelvin Smith
Goon
Kelvin Smith
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1584 (ISO) » Fri May 12, 2017 4:35 pm

Post by Kelvin Smith »

In post 1578, MMM wrote:
In post 1551, MortFeld wrote:This gamestate is awful.
I agree -
which is why getting someone lynched already would be great.
I don't know what the reason is but there is a large set {Tarkus, Ircher, GE, MM4} and you might throw me in there not counting the first few pages and maybe MMM, who are implicitly keeping the gamestate where it is by posting yet having very few game-related interactions.
I believe I've stated the situation with my exams already, it's making me much less motivated to post a lot especially when coupled with the entire transcend thing/other non-game related life problems.
In post 1579, BigYoshiFan wrote:I feel you MMM, vote PP with me?
In post 1582, MortFeld wrote:VOTE: ircher
Did literally anybody look at my most where I said that Gamma and Wheme are the only viable wagons right now? People have said who they are willing to vote for. If you want the day to end, vote for one of the people who can actually get lynched.
Kelvin Smith
Kelvin Smith
Goon
Kelvin Smith
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1585 (ISO) » Fri May 12, 2017 4:38 pm

Post by Kelvin Smith »

In post 1582, MortFeld wrote:VOTE: ircher
In post 1583, MortFeld wrote:
In post 1581, BigYoshiFan wrote:Why don't you vote someone? @everyone not voting
Because it's either GE or a vanity wagon.
If you acknowledged how shit the gamestate is right now, then why are you hoping on a vanity wagon yourself?
MortFeld
MortFeld
Mafia Scum
MortFeld
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1586 (ISO) » Fri May 12, 2017 4:42 pm

Post by MortFeld »

The gamestate is shit because scum are okay with the prospective Lynch targets
Kelvin Smith
Kelvin Smith
Goon
Kelvin Smith
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1587 (ISO) » Fri May 12, 2017 4:58 pm

Post by Kelvin Smith »

In post 1586, MortFeld wrote:The gamestate is shit because scum are okay with the prospective Lynch targets
Or they are because they are fine with bussing here for towncred.
Or they aren't okay with them and that's why we can't achieve a lynch.
Or they are inactive and they have no opinion on the current wagons.
Or this has nothing to do with scum and everything to do with the town not being able to get its shit together and caring too much about an almost inevitable Day 1 mislynch.

See? I can make up potential scenarios too. At the end of the day, who cares? Let's just end this day and move on with our lives.
MortFeld
MortFeld
Mafia Scum
MortFeld
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1588 (ISO) » Fri May 12, 2017 4:59 pm

Post by MortFeld »

In post 1587, Kelvin Smith wrote:
In post 1586, MortFeld wrote:The gamestate is shit because scum are okay with the prospective Lynch targets
Or they are because they are fine with bussing here for towncred.
Or they aren't okay with them and that's why we can't achieve a lynch.
Or they are inactive and they have no opinion on the current wagons.
Or this has nothing to do with scum and everything to do with the town not being able to get its shit together and caring too much about an almost inevitable Day 1 mislynch.

See? I can make up potential scenarios too. At the end of the day, who cares? Let's just end this day and move on with our lives.
I care because I'm right and we're lynching town 90% of the time if we go by the average of people's lynch pools with this gamestate.
MortFeld
MortFeld
Mafia Scum
MortFeld
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1589 (ISO) » Fri May 12, 2017 5:00 pm

Post by MortFeld »

Oh apparently I'm supposed to not care about whether we lynch scum or town day 1 oops
MortFeld
MortFeld
Mafia Scum
MortFeld
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1590 (ISO) » Fri May 12, 2017 5:06 pm

Post by MortFeld »

Your strategy forces the lynch to be one of 2-3 targets. One of these is virtually guaranteed to be town. If the other 1-2 were scum, do you really think scum sits back here and tepidly votes the town option? Scum has no stake in the two "compromise" lynches (hint they're not compromises) so we are sitting here dicks in our hands until someone dies and we go "Darn why did we compromise!" You are letting scum HEAVILY influence who is pressured and who is not.

Of course if town hadn't spent the majority of this DP twiddling its thumbs too (myself included) we wouldn't be in this place but you're acting like this DP is irredeemable and it's not.
Kelvin Smith
Kelvin Smith
Goon
Kelvin Smith
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1591 (ISO) » Fri May 12, 2017 5:53 pm

Post by Kelvin Smith »

In post 1589, MortFeld wrote:Oh apparently I'm supposed to not care about whether we lynch scum or town day 1 oops
Pretty much. Most towns mislynch, especially Day 1. I'm not gonna lose any sleep if it happens.
In post 1590, MortFeld wrote:Your strategy forces the lynch to be one of 2-3 targets. One of these is virtually guaranteed to be town. If the other 1-2 were scum, do you really think scum sits back here and tepidly votes the town option? Scum has no stake in the two "compromise" lynches (hint they're not compromises) so we are sitting here dicks in our hands until someone dies and we go "Darn why did we compromise!" You are letting scum HEAVILY influence who is pressured and who is not.

Of course if town hadn't spent the majority of this DP twiddling its thumbs too (myself included) we wouldn't be in this place but you're acting like this DP is irredeemable and it's not.
If only one of the 3 is scum, then scum don't vote for the compromise that is scum. They can easily hide behind the other options and just say that they think the scum target is town or that they have stronger scumreads. But there should only 3 in a setup of this size, so it's not like they have absolute control over the vote. On top of that, there's plenty of motivation for scum to bus here. I can't speak for anybody else, but I have no problem bussing for towncred Day 1 (or any other day, for that matter). So to say that the leading wagons have virtually no chance of being scum strikes me as a bit narrow-minded.

I'm not saying I want us to mislynch here; quite the opposite. I'm just saying it's just not that likely that we're going to catch scum right now, with our lack of information. And since it's not that likely, I'm not going to be heartbroken if it's a mislynch. You say that scum are happily sitting about and letting this happen? Prove it. Let the mislynch happen and then start analyzing who pushed those lynches, rather than the alternative. Because it's the people with strong feelings right now that are the most worrisome to me.

It's not like you have to worry about dying tonight, MortFeld. You and I are the obvious Doctor bait right now. Scum would be fools to target us. And a Doctor would be a fool to target anyone but us. And that includes TwoFace. He even said himself that he probably needs to die at some point. Yes, this is a blatant statement to both a Doctor and the Mafia. What are you gonna do about it?
MarioManiac4
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1592 (ISO) » Fri May 12, 2017 7:08 pm

Post by MarioManiac4 »

why are you blaming this gamestate on me
I have posted 78 times; that's more than once every page, and I have never got a prod ever. This gamestate is absolutely not down to "lack of content" or whatever; Gamma's been fine, I'm actually solidly townreading Tarkus based on understanding pretty much everything he says about his reads and POV, and it's not Ircher's fault that he is a scumlord.
I have been trying to have interactions. I've been wanting to drop the Wheme wagon- because it's probably on town. I've wanted to do the same with PP and I want to lynch Ircher. The thing is, when I try to get more actions than this (and I stand by that what I am doing is totally fine), I get something like "well stfu and let me catch up" or "shame on you" and I'm afraid that just immediately kills my motivation to interact MORE with people. Anyway, my activity is fine and I really don't want to have to deal with being shamed for it. Thanks. :)
-----

This town would rather lynch than , , and (which ends up with "Oh wait lol we have to lynch PP", and I guess I can't stop that. But I feel like Ircher's ISO speaks for itself. His case on Titus didn't read like analysing whether things meant town/scum, just whether things could be considered scummy. He apparently changed all of his reads from "willing to compromise" to "townreading 80% in the game, must lynch PP." and coming in to try and tell Mort that lurkers should always be lynched d1 on this site --- what?

VOTE: Ircher

With Mort's vote, I believe that is on the same level as Gamma.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #1593 (ISO) » Fri May 12, 2017 7:18 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

I've been posting a decent amount but the effort is low.
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Kelvin Smith
Kelvin Smith
Goon
Kelvin Smith
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1594 (ISO) » Fri May 12, 2017 7:25 pm

Post by Kelvin Smith »

In post 1592, MarioManiac4 wrote:With Mort's vote, I believe that is on the same level as Gamma.
But there's a difference between a number of votes and the amount of support for a lynch. As far as I'm aware (and please correct me if I'm wrong), you, Mort, and fitz are the only ones who have expressed any level of interest in lynching Ircher. And fitz has him low on the list.
MarioManiac4
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1595 (ISO) » Fri May 12, 2017 7:28 pm

Post by MarioManiac4 »

aaaaaah k i thought ircher wasn't on mort's list for some reason.
I still want to see if I can convince people to lynch Ircher- if not I'll switch back to Gamma i guess.
Kelvin Smith
Kelvin Smith
Goon
Kelvin Smith
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1596 (ISO) » Fri May 12, 2017 7:42 pm

Post by Kelvin Smith »

In post 1595, MarioManiac4 wrote:aaaaaah k i thought ircher wasn't on mort's list for some reason.
I still want to see if I can convince people to lynch Ircher- if not I'll switch back to Gamma i guess.
I'll go ahead and look at his ISO further, but I honestly don't find your current argument compelling. Just glancing at his ISO, I'm inclined to townread him pretty heavily right now, honestly.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #1597 (ISO) » Fri May 12, 2017 7:45 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

I could go for Ircher
I do like Mort's case
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
MarioManiac4
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1598 (ISO) » Fri May 12, 2017 7:45 pm

Post by MarioManiac4 »

rip
Kelvin Smith
Kelvin Smith
Goon
Kelvin Smith
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1599 (ISO) » Fri May 12, 2017 8:05 pm

Post by Kelvin Smith »

To be fair, I haven't looked at Mort's case either. My utter disdain for this day's persistence, despite all my best efforts, has admittedly sapped my motivation and made me lazier in reading cases that have been made. But since people seem intent on dragging this day on, I guess I might as well put in a little more effort. Expect something out of me tomorrow.

Let the record show that I will be annoyed if and when we mislynch, now that I've resolved to try here. I'm not pointing fingers or suggesting that anybody is in the wrong for wanting to avoid a mislynch. I'm just telling you preemptively what my attitude is likely to be.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”