.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #900 (ISO) » Fri Jun 02, 2017 4:29 pm

Post by PenguinPower »

Dunno. Need to re-read some stuff tomorrow morning. Let you know then.
<(") | (")>
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #901 (ISO) » Fri Jun 02, 2017 4:30 pm

Post by PenguinPower »

^
AGAIN++
<(") | (")>
MuttonChopMagic
MuttonChopMagic
Goon
MuttonChopMagic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #902 (ISO) » Fri Jun 02, 2017 4:32 pm

Post by MuttonChopMagic »

In post 894, MuttonChopMagic wrote:read the thread
In post 895, Ginngie wrote:no.
Ginngie
Ginngie
Jack of All Trades
Ginngie
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #903 (ISO) » Fri Jun 02, 2017 4:35 pm

Post by Ginngie »

Can you stop deflecting the simple question I'm asking you?

Why is it so hard?
Tchill13
Tchill13
Survivor
Tchill13
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #904 (ISO) » Fri Jun 02, 2017 4:43 pm

Post by Tchill13 »

Man one side of me would appreciate it if people stopped poking Ginngie just to get reactions. The other side says screw it and just acknowledge the fact that Ginngie won't be too much help reacting so blatantly emotional.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #905 (ISO) » Fri Jun 02, 2017 10:09 pm

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

In post 877, Tchill13 wrote:Abr also has avoided a lot of attention.
True story.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Lapsa
Lapsa
Mafia Scum
Lapsa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #906 (ISO) » Fri Jun 02, 2017 11:40 pm

Post by Lapsa »

In post 905, Albert B. Rampage wrote:
In post 877, Tchill13 wrote:Abr also has avoided a lot of attention.
True story.
that's brave
abcedminded
Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #907 (ISO) » Fri Jun 02, 2017 11:46 pm

Post by Transcend »

o/
FourTrouble
FourTrouble
Mafia Scum
FourTrouble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #908 (ISO) » Sat Jun 03, 2017 3:32 am

Post by FourTrouble »

VOTE: Theta
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #909 (ISO) » Sat Jun 03, 2017 4:17 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 874, Tchill13 wrote:I just said they needed more attention. Never listed my scum reads. I'm not going to scum read Theta for not being active but Theta should get pressure because of it.
I see scumreads on TChill for this
I'll slap anyone who proves me right
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Tchill13
Tchill13
Survivor
Tchill13
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #910 (ISO) » Sat Jun 03, 2017 4:31 am

Post by Tchill13 »

Can you explain the scum read? I'm just pointing out people should be getting pressured more. Who do you disagree with in that list?
WhyMafia
WhyMafia
Jack of All Trades
WhyMafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #911 (ISO) » Sat Jun 03, 2017 4:35 am

Post by WhyMafia »

In post 908, FourTrouble wrote:VOTE: Theta
I'm not calling Theta town, but is it really worth to push a lynch on him when there are other possibilities? In my head, he has had one bad post. Anyone can do that regardless of alignment. If he gets away scot free by d2/d3 without posting any thoughts/prodging, then we have a problem. At this stage of the game however, I feel like pushing a lynch on Theta is a hinderance at best
FourTrouble
FourTrouble
Mafia Scum
FourTrouble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #912 (ISO) » Sat Jun 03, 2017 4:35 am

Post by FourTrouble »

It'd be cool if people helped build the wagon on Theta. I know some folks don't see what I'm seeing, so I'll take a stab at explaining. She's barely posted but there's more than enough to scumread. It comes down to this. Theta shows up once-in-a-while to make a helpful-sounding observation, to appear invested, but her play is entirely passive. She hasn't offered any substantive analysis, nothing original or insightful. Her posts don't show any desire to scumhunt. And her emotions don't square with her play.

In more detail, these are the problems:
In post 52, Theta Alpine wrote:
uh wait

with 21 alive it should be 11 to lynch

unless there is an extra vote floating around

oh yeah rvs

VOTE: pisskop
for reasons

You are correct. Updated the Vote Count.
I bolded some of the stuff that concerns me. I already mentioned the overly-hesitant language (e.g. "uh wait"). But when you look at this, there's a few other nuances. Look where Theta's focus is: The number of votes to lynch. Then look at the "oh yeah rvs" language. It suggests RVS (i.e. scumhunting) is secondary, an after-thought. Feels like Theta's trying to appear helpful while offering nothing substantive. Her focus isn't on townie things.

I could imagine scum planning things out at the start of D1, thinking to themselves, "okay, how many votes to lynch, 11, okay, so if we have X numbers, we'll need this many townies to coordinate a mislynch, and oh yeah, I forgot it's RVS, I better put down a vote so that people don't suspect me," or something along those lines. But I can't imagine townies thinking, "okay, how many votes do we need to lynch, 11, okay, and oh yeah, I forgot it's RVS, I better put down a random vote." So I'm getting scum even from this first post.
In post 144, Theta Alpine wrote:i am not sure if the current posting habits are good or bad so uh
to whoever asked what my reasons for voting pisskop were
it was rvs
Two things I don't like about this post. First, it's passive. Responds to a question while contributing nothing. And second, it's lazy in a way that shows no interest in scumhunting. If you're town, you'd want to know who is asking you questions about pisskop, because you'd be interested in that person's alignment. As scum, you don't care who asks you the question, because you already know the alignments. It's a subtle distinction but it shows two very different relationships to the various players' alignments.
In post 291, Theta Alpine wrote:okay wait why do we have someone this close to lynch this early day 1
As I said before, this post is the ultimate hedge. It expresses concern over Gamma's lynch but doesn't do anything about it. It's incredibly passive. And, again, it's one of those posts designed to appear invested while contributing nothing. The passivity doesn't square with the emotion. Concern prompts action. It prompts a position ("don't lynch Gamma, he's town"). But we get none of that.

Also, Theta's focused (yet again) on the lynch, on how close we are to it. Her thinking is oriented toward the number of votes we need to lynch. Which, as I've explained, is the sort of thing scum tend to focus more than town.
In post 527, Theta Alpine wrote:thought i already said my read on gamma
okay so that post does not look like a read but okay i thought would be enough for people to figure out my read

i do not have much meta experience with gamma other than a currently active game so uh
yeah i do not know
gut tells me town though
The post is defensive. Theta's focus is on defending her previous post. She says Gamma''s town, says it's implied by her previous post, but then says, "I dunno why, it's gut." Feels contrived. Again, she's overly-hesitant ("I do not have much meta experience with gamma," "so uh").
In post 590, Theta Alpine wrote:massive
albert b rampage
why are you voting a mod-confirmed townie

lapsa
you do realize spoilers are a thing right
things which can prevent overflowing quote pyramids

fourtroble
texchat
i am a little more focused on other games right now
have not had the time to dedicate to this game and do it justice
Theta's last post. She jumps on the shiniest thing in sight (two votes on Lapsa). And that's the most Theta's done this entire game. I don't see any hint of an interest in finding the scum. I get the sense Theta's struggling to develop (read: contrive) scumreads, so when she sees votes on Lapsa, she jumps on that quick.

Then she offers a stylistic suggestion to Lapsa. Again, she's being "helpful" while doing/contributing nothing. And she defends herself against me (even though she's under virtually no pressure), while preemptively justifying her low engagement. She's doing everything the scum do. She's passive, reactive to shiny objects, and defensive. She pops in every now-and-then to offer a helpful suggestion or to seem invested, yet hasn't shown any actual interest in who the scum are.

I know some of you will think I'm grasping at straws but what I'm saying is legit, you just need to broaden how you think about scumhunting. The scum don't go around declaring themselves to the world. They reveal themselves in with small cracks into their perspective. And that's what you see in Theta's posts, small windows into how she's thinking about the game, and the evidence points to a scum perspective. And it doesn't matter that she's only posted a couple times, her posts are devoid of any thought process that could be called townie.
WhyMafia
WhyMafia
Jack of All Trades
WhyMafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #913 (ISO) » Sat Jun 03, 2017 4:40 am

Post by WhyMafia »

Oh gosh
FourTroubke actually convinced me
VOTE: Theta
This is a genuine case and uses the same type of reasoning that caught a really good scum in a newbie game I played
WhyMafia
WhyMafia
Jack of All Trades
WhyMafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #914 (ISO) » Sat Jun 03, 2017 4:40 am

Post by WhyMafia »

The only thing I disagree with is the doubtcast language
I have a tendency to do that regardless of alignment
FourTrouble
FourTrouble
Mafia Scum
FourTrouble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #915 (ISO) » Sat Jun 03, 2017 4:43 am

Post by FourTrouble »

Why, what exactly convinced you?
WhyMafia
WhyMafia
Jack of All Trades
WhyMafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #916 (ISO) » Sat Jun 03, 2017 4:45 am

Post by WhyMafia »

The passive language, vote count interest (although in second thoughts it could be just that she was being observant as town), and the lack of interest in scumhunting (probs hypocritical of me tbh. But I usually don't go after someone until I'm 90% sure that said person is scum)
FourTrouble
FourTrouble
Mafia Scum
FourTrouble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #917 (ISO) » Sat Jun 03, 2017 4:53 am

Post by FourTrouble »

In post 914, WhyMafia wrote:The only thing I disagree with is the doubtcast language
Take a look at your games. You probably do it more as scum.
WhyMafia
WhyMafia
Jack of All Trades
WhyMafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #918 (ISO) » Sat Jun 03, 2017 4:57 am

Post by WhyMafia »

In post 917, FourTrouble wrote:
In post 914, WhyMafia wrote:The only thing I disagree with is the doubtcast language
Take a look at your games. You probably do it more as scum.
Nope
I've rolled scum in one game (which was role madness)
The only reason I lived was cause of my fake claim
MuttonChopMagic
MuttonChopMagic
Goon
MuttonChopMagic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #919 (ISO) » Sat Jun 03, 2017 4:58 am

classic "this role can't be scum duh"
people don't quite get role madness bruh

anyways I'm alright with theta
but the lore lynch is ultimately better
FourTrouble
FourTrouble
Mafia Scum
FourTrouble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #920 (ISO) » Sat Jun 03, 2017 4:59 am

Post by FourTrouble »

Lore has hints of town. Theta doesn't.
Lexa
Lexa
Goon
Lexa
Goon
Goon

Post Post #921 (ISO) » Sat Jun 03, 2017 4:59 am

Post by Lexa »

In post 911, WhyMafia wrote:
I'm not calling Theta town, but is it really worth to push a lynch on him when there are other possibilities? In my head, he has had one bad post. Anyone can do that regardless of alignment. If he gets away scot free by d2/d3 without posting any thoughts/prodging, then we have a problem. At this stage of the game however, I feel like pushing a lynch on Theta is a hinderance at best
Why would you not push him? Either he responds adequately and we move somewhere else or he fails to do so and you've got yourself a successful lynch candidate. You can't really say "oh he's had one bad post" when he's only made like six of them
WhyMafia
WhyMafia
Jack of All Trades
WhyMafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #922 (ISO) » Sat Jun 03, 2017 5:02 am

Post by WhyMafia »

In post 921, Lexa wrote:
In post 911, WhyMafia wrote:
Why would you not push him? Either he responds adequately and we move somewhere else or he fails to do so and you've got yourself a successful lynch candidate. You can't really say "oh he's had one bad post" when he's only made like six of them
Because he might be genuinely inactive and we would just be wasting time. The next he posts, we would pounce.
MuttonChopMagic
MuttonChopMagic
Goon
MuttonChopMagic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #923 (ISO) » Sat Jun 03, 2017 5:02 am

I disagree fourtrouble
lores scumminess is at least double
Lexa
Lexa
Goon
Lexa
Goon
Goon

Post Post #924 (ISO) » Sat Jun 03, 2017 5:04 am

Post by Lexa »

In post 912, FourTrouble wrote:It'd be cool if people helped build the wagon on Theta. I know some folks don't see what I'm seeing, so I'll take a stab at explaining. She's barely posted but there's more than enough to scumread. It comes down to this. Theta shows up once-in-a-while to make a helpful-sounding observation, to appear invested, but her play is entirely passive. She hasn't offered any substantive analysis, nothing original or insightful. Her posts don't show any desire to scumhunt. And her emotions don't square with her play.
Ime this isnt a reliable scumtell moreso than a cause for concern
In more detail, these are the problems:
In post 52, Theta Alpine wrote:
uh wait

with 21 alive it should be 11 to lynch

unless there is an extra vote floating around

oh yeah rvs

VOTE: pisskop
for reasons

You are correct. Updated the Vote Count.
I bolded some of the stuff that concerns me. I already mentioned the overly-hesitant language (e.g. "uh wait"). But when you look at this, there's a few other nuances. Look where Theta's focus is: The number of votes to lynch. Then look at the "oh yeah rvs" language. It suggests RVS (i.e. scumhunting) is secondary, an after-thought. Feels like Theta's trying to appear helpful while offering nothing substantive. Her focus isn't on townie things.

I could imagine scum planning things out at the start of D1, thinking to themselves, "okay, how many votes to lynch, 11, okay, so if we have X numbers, we'll need this many townies to coordinate a mislynch, and oh yeah, I forgot it's RVS, I better put down a vote so that people don't suspect me," or something along those lines. But I can't imagine townies thinking, "okay, how many votes do we need to lynch, 11, okay, and oh yeah, I forgot it's RVS, I better put down a random vote." So I'm getting scum even from this first post.
In post 144, Theta Alpine wrote:i am not sure if the current posting habits are good or bad so uh
to whoever asked what my reasons for voting pisskop were
it was rvs
Two things I don't like about this post. First, it's passive. Responds to a question while contributing nothing. And second, it's lazy in a way that shows no interest in scumhunting. If you're town, you'd want to know who is asking you questions about pisskop, because you'd be interested in that person's alignment. As scum, you don't care who asks you the question, because you already know the alignments. It's a subtle distinction but it shows two very different relationships to the various players' alignments.
In post 291, Theta Alpine wrote:okay wait why do we have someone this close to lynch this early day 1
As I said before, this post is the ultimate hedge. It expresses concern over Gamma's lynch but doesn't do anything about it. It's incredibly passive. And, again, it's one of those posts designed to appear invested while contributing nothing. The passivity doesn't square with the emotion. Concern prompts action. It prompts a position ("don't lynch Gamma, he's town"). But we get none of that.

Also, Theta's focused (yet again) on the lynch, on how close we are to it. Her thinking is oriented toward the number of votes we need to lynch. Which, as I've explained, is the sort of thing scum tend to focus more than town.
In post 527, Theta Alpine wrote:thought i already said my read on gamma
okay so that post does not look like a read but okay i thought would be enough for people to figure out my read

i do not have much meta experience with gamma other than a currently active game so uh
yeah i do not know
gut tells me town though
The post is defensive. Theta's focus is on defending her previous post. She says Gamma''s town, says it's implied by her previous post, but then says, "I dunno why, it's gut." Feels contrived. Again, she's overly-hesitant ("I do not have much meta experience with gamma," "so uh").
In post 590, Theta Alpine wrote:massive
albert b rampage
why are you voting a mod-confirmed townie

lapsa
you do realize spoilers are a thing right
things which can prevent overflowing quote pyramids

fourtroble
texchat
i am a little more focused on other games right now
have not had the time to dedicate to this game and do it justice
Theta's last post. She jumps on the shiniest thing in sight (two votes on Lapsa). And that's the most Theta's done this entire game. I don't see any hint of an interest in finding the scum. I get the sense Theta's struggling to develop (read: contrive) scumreads, so when she sees votes on Lapsa, she jumps on that quick.

Then she offers a stylistic suggestion to Lapsa. Again, she's being "helpful" while doing/contributing nothing. And she defends herself against me (even though she's under virtually no pressure), while preemptively justifying her low engagement. She's doing everything the scum do. She's passive, reactive to shiny objects, and defensive. She pops in every now-and-then to offer a helpful suggestion or to seem invested, yet hasn't shown any actual interest in who the scum are.

I know some of you will think I'm grasping at straws but what I'm saying is legit, you just need to broaden how you think about scumhunting. The scum don't go around declaring themselves to the world. They reveal themselves in with small cracks into their perspective. And that's what you see in Theta's posts, small windows into how she's thinking about the game, and the evidence points to a scum perspective. And it doesn't matter that she's only posted a couple times, her posts are devoid of any thought process that could be called townie.
But all of this is valid to some degree

This specifically rings true, I saw it similarly when I read it

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”