PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2500 (ISO) » Tue Jun 06, 2017 6:38 am

Post by PeregrineV »

No time to read - regular work.

Anyone have any cases that can be read quickly?
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
Leonshade
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2501 (ISO) » Tue Jun 06, 2017 7:59 am

Post by Leonshade »

I don't think so. I guess you could read my reads list, but I don't think it will convince you of anything.
"I still cant believe Leonshade just talked his way out of getting lynched by posting Lion King gifs"
- Vecna
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #2502 (ISO) » Tue Jun 06, 2017 11:37 am

Post by Majiffy »

In post 2500, PeregrineV wrote:No time to read - regular work.

Anyone have any cases that can be read quickly?
Holy shit just replace out you haven't played in weeks
Only playing in games at personal moderator and/or 50%+ playerlist request.

How To Win Every Game At Mafiascum (The Flowchart)
||
In case anyone was unsure...
Svenskt Stål (23:38) majiffy, worst mod on ms? we talk to a surviving victim of his game
gerryoat
gerryoat
Survivor
gerryoat
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2503 (ISO) » Tue Jun 06, 2017 11:49 am

Post by gerryoat »

Why would anyone replace into this? Too much confusion
KuroiXHF
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2504 (ISO) » Tue Jun 06, 2017 12:08 pm

Post by KuroiXHF »

Ricky Steamboat expends much effort, but manages to climb to his feet. That doesn't the relief doesn't last long as Jim "The Anvil" Neidhart goes as him. He swings a right to The Dragon's back, staggering him back. Then the right. Steamboat digs deep. He fights back. He delivers lefts and rights of his own. Neidhart is being forced back. Cactus Jack runs, in order to stop Steamboat, but he ducks it and clothesline Cactus Jack down! Ricky Steamboat is focused back onto Neidhart and is ready to end things. He swings and delivers a strike-NO! He's taken down, and the body falls, revealing the man who delivered that back-handed assault - "Cowboy" Bob Orton!

"My Gawd, this match is going insane!"

Vote Count 6.03
Chickadee - 3
- Mastina, Leonshade, Gerryoat
Almost50 - 1
- Lil Uzi Vert
Gerryoat - 1
- Majiffy
Lil Uzi Vert - 1
- Chickadee

Not Voting:
McMenno, Priscila, PeregrineV, Almost50, DodgeTheSaint, Chickadee, MariaR

Notes:
- Priscilla claimed to be V/LA for a few days. I'll be a bit pedantic, count few as three and consider her V/LA until Thursday and start prodding her Friday, if she doesn't respond.
- Prodding McMenno.
- I'm going to announce that in order to progress the games, I will most likely kill off any slots requesting replacement.

With twelve alive, it takes seven to lynch.
(expired on 2017-06-18 16:55:00) is left until night.
"and now i am TURNED ON AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!" - KainTepes

I'm regularly V/LA on the weekends. If this is the weekend and I've not said otherwise, please assume I'm on V/LA.
McMenno
McMenno
they/them
One For Aren't-We-All
McMenno
they/them
One For Aren't-We-All
One For Aren't-We-All
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #2505 (ISO) » Tue Jun 06, 2017 12:19 pm

Post by McMenno »

I'm going to like
reread leonshade's iso from the original game and compare it
for now I'm putting down my vote here
VOTE: chickadee
DodgeTheSaint
DodgeTheSaint
Goon
DodgeTheSaint
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2506 (ISO) » Tue Jun 06, 2017 12:45 pm

Post by DodgeTheSaint »

V/la me please, a storm knocked the internet out
MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #2507 (ISO) » Tue Jun 06, 2017 12:51 pm

Post by MariaR »

VOTE: Chick

"How can I be on _____ scum team"
EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW
I bet Maria is scum this game
~Firebringer
Na Maria isn't towny enough to be scum this game~
Charloux

MariaR goes for the uwu owo tsundere-dere look but you never know if she has a knife behind her back.~
Bitmap
gerryoat
gerryoat
Survivor
gerryoat
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2508 (ISO) » Tue Jun 06, 2017 4:03 pm

Post by gerryoat »

2 more to lynch another scum
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #2509 (ISO) » Tue Jun 06, 2017 6:00 pm

Post by mastina »

I'll come back to redo the Dodge post later.
In post 2353, Priscila wrote:...But I don't really have a functional read on Majiffy or Mcmenno right now, and the others are relatively shaky.
Pretty much the only read there that I really don't agree with is the strength behind your Dodge townread. Leon's a little bit higher than I'd put him, but not too terribly much. We really do need to work together once you're fully caught up (well both of us are fully caught up anyway), because that level of synergy is like.

We're talking first game with Ginngie good.
It just never happens except to people who I know are good and that will become fast friends with me. <3
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #2510 (ISO) » Tue Jun 06, 2017 6:15 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 2367, Almost50 wrote:I've lost my faith in almost everyone (actually, literally everyone), and I wouldn't be surprised if anyone flipped Scum. The game may have even started with 6-8 townies.
In post 1902, mastina wrote:"I must be the only town in the game because everyone else looks like scum to me!"

:P
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #2511 (ISO) » Tue Jun 06, 2017 6:20 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 2368, McMenno wrote:can you explain your leonshade townread for me? I think he's scum this game
That's literally the only read you hold interest in?
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #2512 (ISO) » Tue Jun 06, 2017 6:23 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 2369, massive wrote:Can you instead explain your Leonshade scumread? Since that's like the first time you've namedropped him?
In post 2354, massive wrote:I could lynch Tywin or Chickadee, or Maria really. Mastina's taking over the game and won't live long as either alignment I reckon. I want Majiffy to stay alive as long as possible but it's purely for the witty one-liners.
By the way: there's a really good reason for massive to die outside of reads but I'm not sure whether it'd be a good idea or not to share it (I'm weighing the pros and cons), but IF massive WERE to die for reads...

...It'd be because of posts like these ones.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #2513 (ISO) » Tue Jun 06, 2017 6:35 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 2512, mastina wrote:I'm not sure whether it'd be a good idea or not to share it (I'm weighing the pros and cons).
Actually, fuck it.

The downside would be giving scumteams ideas: giving scumteams strategies they may not have otherwise thought of.
But...one.
It's possible they already have thus the nightkill.
And two. If not. I'm trying to think of a downside to the scumteams actually adapting this strategy, and...

...I can't actually think of any?

Basically. In a normal multiball game: scum with their nightkill usually want to kill off town. Because there's multiple kills per night, essentially, and they need to shrink the town's size as quickly as possible in order to stand a chance.

...HOWEVER. In this game. In this game, the non-town players share a singular nightkill. Because there's only one death per night, there's only one player who would die. And thus, the town will shrink at a static rate no matter what. And most of the time, thanks to the number of scum in the game, a scum player isn't going to HAVE the kill, making each and every kill they DO possess matter more.

...So.
Given this.

A viable tactic for a scum in this game is to try and turn this into a singleball game: while dodging attention (thus, the lynch and any risk of a vengekill aimed their way, though they probably want to lynch scum to avoid the whole vengekill risk ANYWAY), deliberately using their nightkill on non-town players to try and get a monopoly on the kill. With a monopoly on the kill, they are no longer at risk of being nightkilled BY the kill, and no longer have to let someone else dictate who dies.

The normal reason scum would avoid that is the town being too large.

But.

I think we started with probably a maximum of like 11 town. I used to think that was 12-14, but with the flips we've had I've become more doubtful of that idea. With us starting with a smaller town and with Not Chara already dead, the scum have an incentive to shoot for scum. This is something I obviously under normal circumstances wouldn't want to tell them (since telling scum the smart play when they've been stupid is itself a Really Dumb Idea)...

...But I honestly don't see the downsides of disclosing this?
Optimal play is for scum to shoot at scum.
And we want scum dead.
So we WANT them to shoot at each other. Shooting scum = not shooting town; shooting scum = less scum required to lynch. Yet it's still optimal play FOR them to shoot each other because shooting scum = less competition for the nightkill; shooting scum = greater control over the game; shooting scum = less randomness.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #2514 (ISO) » Tue Jun 06, 2017 6:42 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 2370, Majiffy wrote:And yet you have such a townread on me
I can townread a player and still think they've given nothing but shit. This was abundantly clear in my post.
You're not helping your case here.
Of course not; I helped my case in the rest of the post which you fucking cut out.
You could ask me things about other players since you respect my ability and reads.
Sorry to be blunt to you Jiffy but no I don't.
Not anymore.
You used to hold those things.
You've lost them.
I respect you.
I respect what you used to be.
But your abilities went to shit at some point.
So I don't respect your ability or your reads as they are now.
I give you a lot of leeway off of past history.
I let shit slide from you which from some random scummer I never would.

But I have limits. And you test them.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #2515 (ISO) » Tue Jun 06, 2017 6:42 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 2371, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:Prod received!
Urge to lynch LUV rising...
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #2516 (ISO) » Tue Jun 06, 2017 6:47 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 2373, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:I thought you of all people would be a little more sympathetic about one being extremely disinterested and demotivated but I guess not and that's fine.
Oh I'm more than sympathetic--I'm
empathetic
about being extremely disinterested and demotivated. Been there, done that, hated it. It's not a fun place to be.

And therein lies my problem. I'm empathetic to the problem.
But you're quite correct.

I hold absolutely no sympathy for
not doing anything about it
I hold even less sympathy for someone who uses it as an excuse to not try, creating a circular feedback loop: "I'm not trying because I'm disinterested/demotivated and because I'm disinterested/demotivated I can't do anything and because I can't do anything I'm not trying to do anything because I'm disinterested/demotivated".

You hold benefit of the doubt that you show interest in breaking the loop.
But you better damn well fucking DELIVER on that desire to break the loop.
MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #2517 (ISO) » Tue Jun 06, 2017 6:49 pm

Post by MariaR »

I'd happily lynch LUV or MC or Jiffy all 3 of those lynchbes are a yes to me but still LUV ate zzz
~Firebringer
Charloux

MariaR goes for the uwu owo tsundere-dere look but you never know if she has a knife behind her back.~
Bitmap
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #2518 (ISO) » Tue Jun 06, 2017 6:49 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 2374, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:When I'm frustrated in situations similar to the ones I've been in this game, I tend to just shit post or spam.
And yet shitposting/spamming would still be more town than what you've given. Why the fuck
haven't
you given them?
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #2519 (ISO) » Tue Jun 06, 2017 6:52 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 2377, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:VOTE: Tywin
Sorry bud.
L-1
This is a scum vote, by the way. It's safe and self-serving. It's easy. It was made with no effort. It was done essentially as hopping on the wagon. No thought. Nothing put into sorting Tywin's alignment. Just, "this is someone who I don't care what their alignment is I don't mind them being dead". Yet taking precautions against Tywin being town, by still trying to appeal to him.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #2520 (ISO) » Tue Jun 06, 2017 7:02 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 2389, Priscila wrote:I notice that you have an interesting way of... telling a story with your posts, that I think I do not have. I find myself reading your posts twice over each time at least, just for enjoyment.
<3
One of my favorite pastimes to the point where I have on multiple occasions attempted to pursue it more professionally is in fact writing. I like to string my audiences along with a narrative and specifically build my words so that their structure encourages continued reading: I use lots of words which rhyme, and I use quite a lot of alliteration and if not alliteration then similar:

Letters same even if making different sounds, using many words which start with vowels (as vowel words always go together well even if they aren't the same vowel), pairing together similar sounds such as related consonants, and even ending one word with the beginning of another word. Small tricks like this tend to slowly guide things smoothly along the course I want.

I try to entertain others, and I typically do it through stories. Not necessarily words, but that's my favorite format. So yes, it's something I tend to be good at. Buuuuuuut, it also has a notable downside, namely: in order to achieve this effect, I have to add fluff and always be fluent in synonyms, calling to mind the exact word from a thesaurus I may need access to. I'm wordy, I say stuff I could cut out, and when I actively try to tell a story, my naturally-verbose nature gets turned up to the point where it's even worse.

So it's always nice to see someone who understands and appreciates my aesthetic.

Still: there's something to be said about being succinct. I think you do that notably better. You still have long posts, yes! And yet, every one of them is
absolutely worth it
, start to finish, maximizing mileage out of every sentence, every word. Whereas I waste space freely, you form art from your words.

Would totally love to hydra some time, too, if you'd be down for that. (I anticipate more free time once finals for college finish.)
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #2521 (ISO) » Tue Jun 06, 2017 7:06 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 2390, Priscila wrote:Haha please you are making me blush.
Would it make you feel better if you knew I had a significant other and was thus already taken?
:P

(Would it then make you feel worse after me having said that for me to also mention that polyamory is a thing? :shifty: )
MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #2522 (ISO) » Tue Jun 06, 2017 7:08 pm

Post by MariaR »

I'm thoroughly enjoying this I am getting many giggles and smiles from these posts ^_^
~Firebringer
Charloux

Bitmap
Chickadee
Chickadee
Slightly Sketchy
Chickadee
Slightly Sketchy
Slightly Sketchy

Post Post #2523 (ISO) » Tue Jun 06, 2017 7:23 pm

Post by Chickadee »

In post 2517, MariaR wrote:I'd happily lynch LUV or MC or Jiffy all 3 of those lynchbes are a yes to me but still LUV ate zzz

And yet you're voting me.

You've been after LUV this whole game. Why are you not making a bigger push there now. A few people have said they'll vote there, but no one actually is. Including you.
Instagram: BoneSpellArts

"Yo I'm so good at anime girls" - pj
MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #2524 (ISO) » Tue Jun 06, 2017 7:25 pm

Post by MariaR »

In post 2523, Chickadee wrote:
In post 2517, MariaR wrote:I'd happily lynch LUV or MC or Jiffy all 3 of those lynchbes are a yes to me but still LUV ate zzz

And yet you're voting me.

You've been after LUV this whole game. Why are you not making a bigger push there now. A few people have said they'll vote there, but no one actually is. Including you.
I think both of you are scum and you're the bigger wagon that's really all there is to it.
~Firebringer
Charloux

Bitmap

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”