Mini 1916: Buttersnap Shitfuckery (Game over, Town win!)

Belisarius
Belisarius
Mafia Scum
Belisarius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #500 (ISO) » Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:51 pm

Post by Belisarius »

Official Vote Count 1.17

Rautherdir: (1)
Chickadee
Aristophanes: (1)
schadd_
Shadoweh: (1)
Chimchar
(L-2)
schadd_: (5)
Shadoweh, Vegito, Piggygal15, Leonshade, Jesus Christ
Vegito: (1)
Prism
Piggygal15: (2)
Aristophanes, Deadline Delivery
Prism: (1)
Socrates
Socrates: (1)
Rautherdir

Not Voting:
Almost Chara

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.

Deadline:
(expired on 2017-06-12 15:05:00)

Mod Notes:

None
schadd_
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
pandora's pukebox
Pronoun: he/it

Post Post #501 (ISO) » Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:58 pm

Post by schadd_ »

In post 497, Socrates wrote:Schadd_, your AC read seems very thin. Where are you deriving this tone-read from?
idk, like, most of his game stuff. the game i played he was all over the top and excited to give any read about a person ever and he isn't that. i guess it's not exactly tone (he's still, like, putting exclamation points and putting individual words in caps and using :P ) but more presentation and habit as a whole
In post 498, Socrates wrote:And Schadd, when you say 'lul town' that means you townread that person for that statement, correct?
yes
In post 499, Vegito wrote:So Schadd has resorted to trollposting. I suppose that's what happens when someone calls you out on being scum D1 and you have no actual defense.
i'm rubber ur glue

one time i looked at a constellation and it very clearly traced out the sentence "belisarius is a puddle of shit with seaweed in it" and i was like "haha, thanks for letting me know, i've already seen essentially the same message formed by the growth of moss on a tree and arranged in seashells on a beach but i'm glad you're also on the same page"
free darius mccollum
todays featured user: tired person

Deadline Delivery
Deadline Delivery
Goon
Deadline Delivery
Goon
Goon

Post Post #502 (ISO) » Wed Jun 07, 2017 5:00 pm

Post by Deadline Delivery »

schadd vote piggy
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #503 (ISO) » Wed Jun 07, 2017 5:36 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

Alright, I gotta read up obviously. What's the reason for the __schadd wagon?
DD, are you advocating a Piggy wagon based on a scumread or as a counter to schadd?
Half meme, Half real, All Aristophanes ;)
- Jingle
Ari has appeared way too competent for me to even pretend to know what they're thinking
- MooseEatsBear on discord mafia
it wouldn’t be an ari sig unless it takes up half the screen on mobile - Vonflare
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #504 (ISO) » Wed Jun 07, 2017 8:26 pm

Post by Prism »

Main thing I wanted to respond to was Vegito responding to the first of my reactions to his Leonshade read rather than the followup, but he did so.
In post 452, Vegito wrote:Your observation on why I talk about reads the way I do is a very strong an accurate one; how I talk about them is not quite accurate but I'm not sure if our games together demonstrate differently.
This doesn't really address my concern, though. If there was another compelling reason for how you talked about that read then sure, but I'm not seeing one. Your tone altogether is quite a bit different this game than in prior ones with me and I think you know that.
In post 454, Vegito wrote:
In post 419, Prism wrote:Concur on Nacho to an extent. Some of the posts-particularly that one wall of reads-tried, but in general I get the same feeling.
Which reads in that wall do you feel were lacking my usual depth?
Wasn't so much a depth issue as much as reading it and thinking "His heart's not really in this" or "These are just bland." If I had to pick one specific example, it'd be this one:
In post 297, Vegito wrote:I don't remember schadd before the Majiffy vote (except for him being absolutely hilarious) but I didn't really like him asking Majiffy's preferred alignment in response to it. Admittedly it'd be bizarre as shit for scum to do as well (because if that's all he can come up with then lol) but it's the type of thing that begs looking into.
This just doesn't read like a legitimate attempt to sort to me. It's kind of like "Oh that's odd, maybe he's scum, maybe not, it's worth looking into, except it's not the type of thing you can look that much into, HMMMMMM let me stick my head on my fist and pose thoughtfully"

Bad explanation perhaps, but I think the biggest thing I can pass on accurately is that your tone and the way that you're approaching reading people this game is different than ones you've played previously against me. Perhaps the latter you can deny, but I doubt you can the former.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #505 (ISO) » Wed Jun 07, 2017 8:27 pm

Post by Prism »

I'm getting pretty lazy so I'll go ahead and reiterate, I do not have a restriction, I'm just a big Belisarius fan.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #506 (ISO) » Wed Jun 07, 2017 8:42 pm

Post by Prism »

Schadd's readwall isn't across the board great but there are some snippets I like. His AC read is fine, the read on DD is pretty good in my opinion. I'm not sure I quite get the one on Rauth but it reads genuinely.

His comment on Majiffy's alignment that someone (I think Vegito) pointed out I really don't know how to feel about. I can't really help but view it as town even though I think it's a pretty logical thing to add to your easily thrown, mindless scum repertoire.

The early Socrates stuff I agree is weird but I wouldn't put any other word to it. The only word I'd put to Belisarius is "magnificent".

Overall I'd say he's not the worst vote but I'm not sold at all. Next up is Piggygal and Shadoweh, I really didn't like the recent posts of Piggy that I've skimmed.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #507 (ISO) » Wed Jun 07, 2017 9:07 pm

Post by Prism »

Shadoweh really wasn't much to read. His quiz for Rauth didn't really tell me anything about his alignment.

#461 about Leonshade is pretty good though.

Piggygal I'm not a fan of so far. Questions pre-#315 are really shallow. The only one that's followed up on is Vegito's vote on Schadd, and here's the exchange:
In post 314, Vegito wrote:
In post 259, PiggyGal15 wrote:
Vegito
- what makes schadd more scummy than your other scum reads?
Looks like he's hiding behind his PR to avoid meaningfully contributing. Also a lot of his posts are just padded fluff to keep his presence up while he has nothing of merit to say.

Plus going after Socrates pings here.
In post 315, PiggyGal15 wrote:Reading him over, I agree with Vegito's assessment of schadd, VOTE: schadd
This is a knock on both her and Vegito. I looked at Schadd's ISO, and I don't agree at all. He's keeping some short responses at times but he's clearly focused on the game from #102 on.

The response to Shadoweh here seems really forced:
In post 332, PiggyGal15 wrote:
In post 323, Shadoweh wrote:Hello friends, I'm very disappointed right now because I was hoping I had to call you all butts or something. I suppose I should read the rules so I don't get modkilled today.
I mean, you could still call us all butts anyway :P You're town this game, right? I really hate having to vote you out for being scummy scum scum :(
#480 is painfully lazy, particularly with the "oh yeah I'd still rather get schadd". I'd love to hear her actually try and give an argument for why schadd is scum that isn't a copy paste. I don't really buy the "oh I get where both are coming from but still Chim is gut scummy" piece.

On a not-really-AI note, her concurring with Majiffy on me I isn't scummy but was just bad. I'd given basically the same amount as she had all game in a single post, arguably more, so accusing me of lack of participation is just kind of hypocritical. Majiffy has an argument, he's been posting quite a lot of thoughts, on the other hand Piggy jumping on for me not having more in my first post, with her having less, is just all kinds of wrong. Doubly so when she blatantly made up bullshit about my being redundant/echoing others, and refusing to even name a thought that had already been echoed. She didn't even have to link if she didn't want to, she could have just said "I heard X" before. This part actually might be AI. The justification for not voting me is also just
so
bad. I don't even think it points to her being scum, because it'd point to me as her partner, it's just nonsensical, especially given that she trusts her gut so much elsewhere.

I'm having a really hard time parsing her for alignment, so if anyone else wants to pitch in feel free to help out.

Maybe I should just switch to trying to get townreads and focus on someone like Aristophanes, or gaze more longingly into Beli's eyes.
Deadline Delivery
Deadline Delivery
Goon
Deadline Delivery
Goon
Goon

Post Post #508 (ISO) » Wed Jun 07, 2017 10:54 pm

In post 503, Aristophanes wrote:Alright, I gotta read up obviously. What's the reason for the __schadd wagon?
DD, are you advocating a Piggy wagon based on a scumread or as a counter to schadd?
Both but mainly the former
Deadline Delivery
Deadline Delivery
Goon
Deadline Delivery
Goon
Goon

Post Post #509 (ISO) » Wed Jun 07, 2017 10:58 pm

In post 507, Prism wrote:I don't even think it points to her being scum, because it'd point to me as her partner
Wat
In post 507, Prism wrote:I'm having a really hard time parsing her for alignment, so if anyone else wants to pitch in feel free to help out.
She's scum vote her you're welcome
Deadline Delivery
Deadline Delivery
Goon
Deadline Delivery
Goon
Goon

Post Post #510 (ISO) » Wed Jun 07, 2017 11:00 pm

I don't see why schadd gives zero shits here as scum and doesn't even try to do anything to fight his wagon or push something else that might in some world be viable unless he's being hardbussed the fuck out of which I wouldn't be surprised by given my reads but he's not really behaving like someone being bussed either
Deadline Delivery
Deadline Delivery
Goon
Deadline Delivery
Goon
Goon

Post Post #511 (ISO) » Wed Jun 07, 2017 11:06 pm

I still think that Nacho is probably scum mainly on account of the way that his cases haven't felt as heartfelt as I'm used to seeing from Nacho nor as relevant (for instance the focus on the Rat vote or whatever it was felt like Nacho just kind of picked something arbitrarily to comment on rather than having something pull his focus), admittedly I'm nowhere near soulread levels with Nacho but that is the gut-level response that I get and unless he's not enjoying this game or is busy IRL I don't think that he interacts with the schadd wagon as lazily as he has here
Deadline Delivery
Deadline Delivery
Goon
Deadline Delivery
Goon
Goon

Post Post #512 (ISO) » Wed Jun 07, 2017 11:08 pm

Regardless of that I already decided much earlier in Day 1 that I had no intention of powerlynching him because if he is Town then I'd absolutely hate myself for being wrong so let's vote Piggy because schadd is probably Town and Piggy clearly has no desire at all to solve this game
Deadline Delivery
Deadline Delivery
Goon
Deadline Delivery
Goon
Goon

Post Post #513 (ISO) » Wed Jun 07, 2017 11:15 pm

Ftr wrt schadd not doing shit while getting wagoned 507 is exactly the post that I'd be expecting him to make if he were scum (and if he is scum then he is probably scum with Prism for it), instead he is just shitting around seemingly without a care in the world
Shadoweh
Shadoweh
Idol Hands
Shadoweh
Idol Hands
Idol Hands

Post Post #514 (ISO) » Thu Jun 08, 2017 6:03 am

Post by Shadoweh »

You would expect schadd to make a reads post on how Piggygal is scum? I guess I would expect them to go after someone too to deflect blame. But that would only apply if they were under pressure. If I were in his position I would keep playing it cool since the wagon on him seems poised to collapse at any moment.
I HATE YOU SO MUCH PLEASE GO JUMP INTO A FREEZING LAKE - Mr. Freeze
And this was like me realizing that you were a serial killer. - Hathor
"but I must declare my love to Edelgard here, i offer you the treasure I stole from Raphael, an idol LOL" - Shamir
Almost Chara
Almost Chara
Mafia Scum
Almost Chara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #515 (ISO) » Thu Jun 08, 2017 7:41 am

Post by Almost Chara »

In post 502, Deadline Delivery wrote:schadd vote piggy
Why aren't you asking us to vote piggy? We are the only slot not currently voting.

~A50
[
wiki
] hydra of
Almost50
and
Chara
[
Win:Loss
]
T 2:2
S 1:1
3P 1:0
schadd_
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
pandora's pukebox

Post Post #516 (ISO) » Thu Jun 08, 2017 7:43 am

Post by schadd_ »

i am keeping a qt for this game now
In post 502, Deadline Delivery wrote:schadd vote piggy
ok mom VOTE: piggygal
In post 507, Prism wrote: I'm having a really hard time parsing her for alignment, so if anyone else wants to pitch in feel free to help out.
this is something i also often think but it tends to not follow a wall
In post 510, Deadline Delivery wrote:I don't see why schadd gives zero shits here as scum and doesn't even try to do anything to fight his wagon or push something else that might in some world be viable unless he's being hardbussed the fuck out of which I wouldn't be surprised by given my reads but he's not really behaving like someone being bussed either
the wagon is smoke tho. i don't think pocketing me is very useful here babe
In post 513, Deadline Delivery wrote:Ftr wrt schadd not doing shit while getting wagoned 507 is exactly the post that I'd be expecting him to make if he were scum (and if he is scum then he is probably scum with Prism for it), instead he is just shitting around seemingly without a care in the world
did you end up reading all of mastina's normal? i forget
In post 514, Shadoweh wrote:You would expect schadd to make a reads post on how Piggygal is scum? I guess I would expect them to go after someone too to deflect blame. But that would only apply if they were under pressure. If I were in his position I would keep playing it cool since the wagon on him seems poised to collapse at any moment.
^
free darius mccollum

schadd_
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
pandora's pukebox

Post Post #517 (ISO) » Thu Jun 08, 2017 7:44 am

Post by schadd_ »

crud.

belisarius is a drawer where both of the handles broke and even if you manage to open it (thus breaking your fingernails) it's largely empty except for mouse poop and a few spiders

i believe that gets me modkilled so later nerds
free darius mccollum

Belisarius
Belisarius
Mafia Scum
Belisarius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #518 (ISO) » Thu Jun 08, 2017 8:57 am

Post by Belisarius »

schadd_ very abruptly and unexpectedly died of syphilis

He was
Beli's Mom
, a
Post-Restricted Townie
. Services will be held all over the world in remembrance of this great and wise human being.

Deadline remains unchanged, and with 12 alive, it's still 7 to lynch
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #519 (ISO) » Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:13 am

Post by Prism »

In post 509, Deadline Delivery wrote:
In post 507, Prism wrote:I don't even think it points to her being scum, because it'd point to me as her partner
Wat
What, did I stutter? It's something I'd look for in partners. Obviously I don't think I'm her scum partner. Feel free to think differently.

Schadd modkill sucks but was pretty funny, especially considering how many times I've slipped up. Well, I say "messed up", but I've already confirmed that I don't have a restriction, and that I just truly believe in the genius of Belisarius. Still, I praise him when I can. Shun the nonbeliever and good riddance.
Chimchar
Chimchar
Goon
Chimchar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #520 (ISO) » Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:15 am

Post by Chimchar »

I'm having a very busy week. Catch up tomorrow I promise.
In memory of Chimchar, Radja's character pick in Survivor: Eon

"My only hope is that someone got AIDS" - Chimchar, Mafia Poisoner
Almost Chara
Almost Chara
Mafia Scum
Almost Chara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #521 (ISO) » Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:24 am

Post by Almost Chara »

In post 518, Belisarius wrote:
schadd_ very abruptly and unexpectedly died of syphilis

He was
Beli's Mom
, a
Post-Restricted Townie
. Services will be held all over the world in remembrance of this great and wise human being.

Deadline remains unchanged, and with 12 alive, it's still 7 to lynch
SHIT!

I had just told Chara in the hydra PT that Schadd_ was my 3rd TR (the other 2 being Socrates & Shaddoweh).

Well, I guess -at least- I get a boost to my own self-confidence. I'll try to do some digging now that we do have a flip though.

~A50
[
wiki
] hydra of
Almost50
and
Chara
[
Win:Loss
]
T 2:2
S 1:1
3P 1:0
Chickadee
Chickadee
Slightly Sketchy
Chickadee
Slightly Sketchy
Slightly Sketchy

Post Post #522 (ISO) » Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:44 am

Post by Chickadee »

Oh, damn. I had a good TR on that slot, and was really enjoying his post restriction.

I'll be able to contribute something more substantial tomorrow. Or maybe later tonight, but like laaaaater tonight.
Instagram: BoneSpellArts

"Yo I'm so good at anime girls" - pj
Socrates
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #523 (ISO) » Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:50 am

Post by Socrates »

So Schadd_'s restriction being mod-killable while Prism's is not (or, you know, faked of course) obviously makes their restriction more suspect, but Prism's last few posts have felt like genuine attempts to work through their thoughts.

I'm torn between wanting to demand a full-claim or not.
Socrates
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #524 (ISO) » Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:54 am

Post by Socrates »

And of course Prism is going to say they have no restriction, because they have been saying that all along, but you know.

I'm kinda wishing people would say what is so 'weird' about me.

I'm going to move my vote here for now:
VOTE: Piggy

The fact that half this game seems to be semi-VLA makes it hard to spot the real coasters.

@Vegito: When do we kill Aristophanes? You know better than I do.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”