Identity

For completed/abandoned Mish Mash Games.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #1975 (ISO) » Fri Jun 02, 2017 11:41 am

Post by Vi »

In post 1973, pieguyn wrote:I'm surprised you'd match the identity about a super-intensive JP game to anyone who isn't me.
You're just lucky that it was split off from me~
I still don't even know what this means :P
The number of people in this thread who have played Touhou (or other shmups) to any noticeable degree is very low.
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
racefan12
racefan12
Townie
racefan12
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1976 (ISO) » Fri Jun 02, 2017 12:05 pm

Post by racefan12 »

I know of Touhou, but I've never played it and I would be laughably horrible at it if I did so.
PrivateI:
I wish I could bang on the home keys on my keyboard to create an appeal to emotion. It sounds so...soothing.

CuddlyCaucasian:
Mafiascum: a land where pansexuality is widely accepted and understood while two people who share the same first name cause mass confusion

You have questions about me? I try to give you answers!
KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #1977 (ISO) » Fri Jun 02, 2017 12:06 pm

Post by KittyMo »

StrangersIdentities
DeathRowKittyOnce pulled an all-nighter studying for a test a month early
D3f3nd3rOnce had an airplane flight delayed by fifteen times the length of the actual flight
EquinoxWas #4 in the list of Top 20 Mafia Addicts on another website
KittyMoCosplayed as an
Ace Attorney
series character at a convention in 2016
implosionFilled their iPod with almost entirely music from Guitar Hero 3 when they first got it
lalaladucksAfter graduating high school used Sporcle to learn the names of every country and its corresponding capital city
piegirlnIs in a Touhou community where their dodging skills turned into a meme
racefan12When they were 3 years old, climbed through a window of a locked vehicle to retrieve a stranger's keys from inside the vehicle
ShadowehIs proud of their Fancypants Scarecrow in Kingdom of Loathing
StrangerCougBecame an uncle when they were only 9
ViAccidentally spent Easter listening to Satanic metal
VijaradaTakes a minute to run 200 meters
Alt of Ariel | MafiaScum wiki volunteer contributor & sysop | Identity (Mish Mash) is back | Speakeasy Secret Santa

"plz don't swear" -- N
"Do people just not appreciate the good old wall of text anymore?" -- Cheery Dog
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1978 (ISO) » Fri Jun 02, 2017 12:20 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 1972, Aristophanes wrote:I'm doing better postgame than I did in game! Hahaha
I take this back :P
Half meme, Half real, All Aristophanes ;)
- Jingle
Ari has appeared way too competent for me to even pretend to know what they're thinking
- MooseEatsBear on discord mafia
it wouldn’t be an ari sig unless it takes up half the screen on mobile - Vonflare
KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #1979 (ISO) » Tue Jun 06, 2017 2:01 pm

Post by KittyMo »

Something that's stuck out to me when hosting is that some contestants really seem to get a lot out of using questions, while others do not seem to enjoy it as a mechanic (and don't even use all of theirs up by the end of the game.) So, I've been toying with having an alternate game mode that has more Lifelines and doesn't have the questioning mechanic - the contestant would choose their preference either pregame or at the start of their round, and a distinction would be made on the Leaderboard so that it doesn't matter if one game type is slightly harder than the other.

My main idea is to introduce a Lifeline based on the game Mastermind - my working name for the Lifeline is Identity Parade. The contestant when using the lifeline would submit hypothetical match attempts for all unsolved identities, and then find out how many of those matches are correct. I'm not quite sure how it should interact with Split Identity. (Like, should it only be able to be used for one half of the split if used after Split Identity? If it can be used on both halves of the split, should a distinction be made across the split for how many total are correct? etc.)

Also wondering about an "ask the audience"/tip line type lifeline that would involve spectators (and possibly also strangers) anonymously submitting guesses to the host. When the lifeline is used, some number of the most popular match guesses submitted would be revealed (as well as possibly the % of submitters that agreed). Could be a phone-a-friend alternative or could be a feature of the alternate game mode. Could also give credit to whichever submitter had the best guesses at the end of the game so as to motivate accurate submissions.

Feel free to discuss ITT, and if you're an upcoming contestant, LMK if you'd be up for trying no-question-mode.
Alt of Ariel | MafiaScum wiki volunteer contributor & sysop | Identity (Mish Mash) is back | Speakeasy Secret Santa

"plz don't swear" -- N
"Do people just not appreciate the good old wall of text anymore?" -- Cheery Dog
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1980 (ISO) » Tue Jun 06, 2017 2:46 pm

Post by implosion »

The ask the audience thing could be interesting. One idea is that it could be split between two lifelines (or either of these could be options): ask the audience about a person, or ask the audience about an identity, and get a %-based response a la who wants to be a millionaire. The mastermind one also sounds cool and all of the options for minutiae you listed seem reasonable.
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1981 (ISO) » Tue Jun 06, 2017 6:29 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

I find the most appeal for the Mastermind-style help, but asking the audience could work, too :)
STRANGERCOUG: Stranger Than You!

Current avatar by PurryFurry of FurAffinity.

What Were You Thinking XV! is in progress.
KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #1982 (ISO) » Tue Jun 06, 2017 6:47 pm

Post by KittyMo »

Another option for the Mastermind-style lifeline is just giving the contestant free reign on which unsolved identities they want to use it for rather than forcing them to use it on all of them.

To be clear I see the Mastermind one as more fitting to replace the information garnered from 12 questions throughout the game than the ask the audience one. For the ask the audience thingy I'm proposing it either in addition to the Mastermind one, or as an alternative to phone-a-friend.

I think the main bummer in the no question version is that I like that hearing the stories behind identities is embedded into the game currently, but that can still be a post-round or post-correct-guess discussion topic ofc.

"plz don't swear" -- N
Vijarada
Vijarada
Goon
Vijarada
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1983 (ISO) » Tue Jun 06, 2017 7:12 pm

Post by Vijarada »

no q version=bad imo. less fun, even if easier.
get a warrant
Regfan
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1984 (ISO) » Tue Jun 06, 2017 8:41 pm

Post by Regfan »

I enjoy reading the made up stories.
KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #1985 (ISO) » Tue Jun 06, 2017 8:44 pm

Post by KittyMo »

I'm good to table the discussion until there's a contestant that actually would prefer it, in that case.

"plz don't swear" -- N
Realeo
Realeo
Jack of All Trades
Realeo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1986 (ISO) » Tue Jun 06, 2017 10:11 pm

Post by Realeo »

I know I'm late but just final input before you table it. I think the best way is that you still collect questions as usual, but players are allowed to exchange question for lifelines. Mastermind may cost 3 questions. Ask the audience may cost 1 question.

Why only pick one of mastermind or question when you can have both?
"The debate on whether short multi postings or a long wall of post is good or not is like a debate on gun control--we would never understand each other and we have to make peace with it." -Realeo

I'm mabye a serious player, but I'm capable of joke. Ok?
KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #1987 (ISO) » Wed Jun 07, 2017 8:26 am

Post by KittyMo »

In post 1986, Realeo wrote:I know I'm late but just final input before you table it. I think the best way is that you still collect questions as usual, but players are allowed to exchange question for lifelines. Mastermind may cost 3 questions. Ask the audience may cost 1 question.

Why only pick one of mastermind or question when you can have both?
I like this idea :] Would still probably mark the scores of people who do decide to exchange questions differently.

"plz don't swear" -- N
Yume
Yume
She/They
Mafia Scum
Yume
She/They
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: She/They

Post Post #1988 (ISO) » Thu Jun 08, 2017 10:13 pm

Post by Yume »

/in
Show
Whatever the chains placed upon me
Whatever the prison, my soul has the key
No money can buy, no power can still
No burden can break the unshakeable strength of my will

Mah best game

My alignment is what JJH says it is.
KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #1989 (ISO) » Fri Jun 09, 2017 5:55 am

Post by KittyMo »

In post 1988, Yume wrote:/in
As a contestant or stranger?

"plz don't swear" -- N
Yume
Yume
She/They
Mafia Scum
Yume
She/They
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: She/They

Post Post #1990 (ISO) » Fri Jun 09, 2017 6:23 am

Post by Yume »

Stranger.
Show
Whatever the chains placed upon me
Whatever the prison, my soul has the key
No money can buy, no power can still
No burden can break the unshakeable strength of my will

Mah best game

My alignment is what JJH says it is.
KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #1991 (ISO) » Fri Jun 09, 2017 6:26 am

Post by KittyMo »

Mmk.

Round should start today or tomorrow. Gonna give hiplop another day to submit something; otherwise I'll swap someone else in.

"plz don't swear" -- N
KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #1992 (ISO) » Sat Jun 10, 2017 11:53 am

Post by KittyMo »

Welcome to Identity, Vijarada! Here are your strangers and their identities in alphabetical order:

StrangersIdentities
animorpherv1As a child, suffered a concussion while riding a bike
AristophanesAs a child, used to brush their teeth four times a day, but one day [Stranger] got skeptical about toothpaste so [Stranger] once didn't brush their teeth for two years straight
CuddlyCaucasianExplored an abandoned mill at dusk without a flashlight
D3f3nd3rHad dialup Internet service at home until 2011
Frozen AngelHas consumed pork stew, sriracha and thai flavored chips, wasabi pringles, fried chicken and soy-mixed chai tea in coffee within the last 2 weeks
implosionHas had 4 pregnancy scares
racefan12Knows 4 languages other than [Stranger's] native language when 2 of them are self learnt
RealeoMemorized pi to 60 digits for a contest in middle school and still has it memorized for no reason
ShadowehOwns every Taylor Swift album on CD, and one on vinyl
StrangerCougPrefers to walk to places such as work, friends' homes and the grocery store whenever possible
ViSometimes likes making conlangs for fun
YumeWent on a 3 am donut run with random college students during a program for admitted high school students (as a high school student)

You may start with a match attempt or by using assistance. You currently have 1 question, Double Dip, Split Identity, Tri-Identity, and Mistaken Identity.
Last edited by KittyMo on Sat Jun 10, 2017 12:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"plz don't swear" -- N
Vijarada
Vijarada
Goon
Vijarada
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1993 (ISO) » Sat Jun 10, 2017 11:58 am

Post by Vijarada »

Split Identity
4 Languages
4 Pregnancy Scares
Taylor Swift
Conlangs
Tooth brushing
get a warrant
KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #1994 (ISO) » Sat Jun 10, 2017 12:08 pm

Post by KittyMo »

StrangersIdentities
AristophanesAs a child, used to brush their teeth four times a day, but one day [Stranger] got skeptical about toothpaste so [Stranger] once didn't brush their teeth for two years straight
CuddlyCaucasianHas had 4 pregnancy scares
Frozen AngelKnows 4 languages other than [Stranger's] native language when 2 of them are self learnt
RealeoOwns every Taylor Swift album on CD, and one on vinyl
StrangerCougSometimes likes making conlangs for fun

StrangersIdentities
animorpherv1As a child, suffered a concussion while riding a bike
D3f3nd3rExplored an abandoned mill at dusk without a flashlight
implosionHad dialup Internet service at home until 2011
racefan12Has consumed pork stew, sriracha and thai flavored chips, wasabi pringles, fried chicken and soy-mixed chai tea in coffee within the last 2 weeks
ShadowehMemorized pi to 60 digits for a contest in middle school and still has it memorized for no reason
ViPrefers to walk to places such as work, friends' homes and the grocery store whenever possible
YumeWent on a 3 am donut run with random college students during a program for admitted high school students (as a high school student)

"plz don't swear" -- N
lalaladucks
lalaladucks
a study in thread
lalaladucks
a study in thread
a study in thread

Post Post #1995 (ISO) » Sat Jun 10, 2017 12:13 pm

Post by lalaladucks »

In post 1992, KittyMo wrote:As a child, used to brush their teeth four times a day, but one day [Stranger] got skeptical about toothpaste so [Stranger] once didn't brush their teeth for two years straight
whenever the owner of this identity gets revealed i would be interested to know about their dental outcomes
Vijarada
Vijarada
Goon
Vijarada
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1996 (ISO) » Sat Jun 10, 2017 12:33 pm

Post by Vijarada »

FA has had the pregnancy scares.
get a warrant
Vijarada
Vijarada
Goon
Vijarada
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1997 (ISO) » Sat Jun 10, 2017 12:35 pm

Post by Vijarada »

CC what's some of your favourite Taylor Swift songs?
get a warrant
KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #1998 (ISO) » Sat Jun 10, 2017 12:39 pm

Post by KittyMo »

In post 1996, Vijarada wrote:FA has had the pregnancy scares.
Nope. That's your Mistaken Identity.

"plz don't swear" -- N
CuddlyCaucasian
CuddlyCaucasian
Professor of Being a Dog
CuddlyCaucasian
Professor of Being a Dog
Professor of Being a Dog

Post Post #1999 (ISO) » Sat Jun 10, 2017 5:04 pm

Post by CuddlyCaucasian »

In post 1997, Vijarada wrote:CC what's some of your favourite Taylor Swift songs?
Back to December is a personal favorite bc it's sad as shit and I used to cry to it all the time, but I also like Mean bc it's so hilariously petty
"CC is very [whatever the equivalent of photogenic as it applies to videos]" - racefan12

"CC is an objectively attractive person." - Crazy

"You look like a happy version of Trent Reznor." - LicketyQuickety

"Do you practice sounding like you're high all the time?" - xofelf

Return to “Sens-O-Tape Archive”