Open 688: Diffusion of Power (Game Over)

MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1900 (ISO) » Thu Jun 29, 2017 2:06 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 1898, Kelvin Smith wrote:
In post 1895, MathBlade wrote:Titus why are you letting scum mislynch me?

I have an innocent on you. Like I don't get it? Like we don't have any scum lynches this would throw the game into the toilet just so everyone would confirm you. Then you'd have to insta break the game.
1. Who is scum?

2. How are two votes on you tantamount to scum "mislynching" you? That seems like some really manipulative shit.

3. How would it throw the game in the toilet? We've still got Cops on the board, so we can get info in later days.

4. Unless you die or another Cop clears you, your data is fucking useless to us. And then we'd have to clear that Cop and so on.

5. Apparently this game is in a rough state anyway. So I'd argue the game is already in the toilet. If that's the case, let's start operating strategically.
1) You Alban and NJAC
2) I did a skim count and I think I am at L-1
3) Because if my math is right it would by LyLO and we have zero guarantee there is a doctor who can act tonight. So it is quite possible I would have outed for nothing.
4) No you have to make a judgment call on whether you trust me and then based on that judgment call one way or the other you learn things. (Hint: I am Town)
5) The game is in a rough state because of Mutton just screaming I am scum and throwing a fit when he didn't get his way rather than explaining things.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Kelvin Smith
Kelvin Smith
Goon
Kelvin Smith
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1901 (ISO) » Thu Jun 29, 2017 2:09 pm

Post by Kelvin Smith »

In post 1897, MathBlade wrote:
In post 1896, Kelvin Smith wrote:
In post 1894, Titus wrote:Kelvin, who do you think is the scum doctor? Let's lynch them.
How could I possibly have an opinion on this? I replaced into a 75 page game three hours ago and made it clear that I had no intention of read it.

On top of that, I don't do reads. I don't trust my reads. Right now, every fiber of my being is telling me to lynch MathBlade, Vedith, and you if Math flips scum. But I've intereacted with nobody, so it's assuredly a paranoid and biased viewpoint.

Luckily, we're in a setup where we can apply some semblance of actual strategy, so my inability to formulate good reads is less of a hindrance. So let's do something strategic instead. As I've said multiple times, suggest a better strategy and I'll consider it. Right now, lynching Docs isn't a sound strategy and lynching Cops with no results is suboptimal. So I want to lynch MathBlade and either confirm you as town or determine that you are a worthwhile Cop target.
And this is a horrible strategy.

You are lynching Town to confirm more Town when the NKs will do it for you.

Instead you should be on who you think scum is.

Then again I don't blame you. You have a scum spot so it is easy to go with the grain.
This is the biggest load of garbage I've ever heard. Like, I'm legitimately insulted that you would even think I'd fall for that. Why would scum
*EVER*
NK you if you were town? All it would do is confirm Titus as town and take out a useless PR, since you've already used your shot. If I were scum, I'd let you live forever and just kill Titus.

And if I was scum, I'd have little reason to come in here trying to lynch you even with all of this resistance I'm getting. I could just go for low-hanging fruit.
New main account for the Scummer Formerly Known as Hikari Link.
Kelvin Smith
Kelvin Smith
Goon
Kelvin Smith
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1902 (ISO) » Thu Jun 29, 2017 2:12 pm

Post by Kelvin Smith »

In post 1899, MathBlade wrote:Furthermore you all are assuming after mislynching me there is a doctor that can act that night.

It is random according to the wiki. There is no world in lynching an outed cop is the proper play. None.
Who cares? Scum don't know if there is a working Doc tonight. So if they want to get greedy, they can take the fucking risk and shoot at Titus. Might work out, might not. Or they can do the more reasonable thing and target one of the claimed Cops that are actually a threat to them right now.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1903 (ISO) » Thu Jun 29, 2017 2:14 pm

Post by MathBlade »

Scum have to kill me or Titus period. Titus and I will wreck this game for scum otherwise.

They can't kill Titus because likely doc. So scum have to go for me or pretty much just gg no re.

Let's not do scum's job for them.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1904 (ISO) » Thu Jun 29, 2017 2:15 pm

Post by MathBlade »

You'd have every reason to mislynch me because confirmed Town going into LyLO isn't something scum want.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Kelvin Smith
Kelvin Smith
Goon
Kelvin Smith
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1905 (ISO) » Thu Jun 29, 2017 2:21 pm

Post by Kelvin Smith »

In post 1900, MathBlade wrote:
In post 1898, Kelvin Smith wrote:
In post 1895, MathBlade wrote:Titus why are you letting scum mislynch me?

I have an innocent on you. Like I don't get it? Like we don't have any scum lynches this would throw the game into the toilet just so everyone would confirm you. Then you'd have to insta break the game.
1. Who is scum?

2. How are two votes on you tantamount to scum "mislynching" you? That seems like some really manipulative shit.

3. How would it throw the game in the toilet? We've still got Cops on the board, so we can get info in later days.

4. Unless you die or another Cop clears you, your data is fucking useless to us. And then we'd have to clear that Cop and so on.

5. Apparently this game is in a rough state anyway. So I'd argue the game is already in the toilet. If that's the case, let's start operating strategically.
1) You Alban and NJAC
2) I did a skim count and I think I am at L-1
3) Because if my math is right it would by LyLO and we have zero guarantee there is a doctor who can act tonight. So it is quite possible I would have outed for nothing.
4) No you have to make a judgment call on whether you trust me and then based on that judgment call one way or the other you learn things. (Hint: I am Town)
5) The game is in a rough state because of Mutton just screaming I am scum and throwing a fit when he didn't get his way rather than explaining things.
1. Garbage.

2. MathBlade, I thought you could do Math. You're at L-3. That's not even close.

3. It would be MyLo, assuming no protection. And then we just No Lynch and massclaim Day 5.

4. I don't like people making judgment calls in Mafia. Most people are bad at them, myself included.

5. Oh, he had you figured out? Damn, I'm getting really confident in this read now. Which worries me, because I have such little trust for my reads. But I'm getting vibes of Shaziro Mafia, since you're behaving so unreasonably right now. Like, you could admit that I'm town and still try to get me not to lynch you, but you've chosen to make an awful push against me instead.
Kelvin Smith
Kelvin Smith
Goon
Kelvin Smith
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1906 (ISO) » Thu Jun 29, 2017 2:29 pm

Post by Kelvin Smith »

In post 1903, MathBlade wrote:Scum have to kill me or Titus period. Titus and I will wreck this game for scum otherwise.

They can't kill Titus because likely doc. So scum have to go for me or pretty much just gg no re.

Even if that were true, which I honestly doubt, then they'd still obviously pick Titus over you. There's no good reason to kill you, period. Titus is cleared only by you. There's no good reason for a Doc to protect her right now. Especially with how much heat I'm putting on you and how much flailing you're doing.

And this Titus buddying is really starting to make me think that she really is town and you're just trying to stroke her ego to get her to believe in you over me.

Oh, and to your earlier comment about lynching an outted Cop always being a bad play, that's such absolute crap. Even in a game with a claimed full Cop, there are sometimes points where a Cop lynch is an acceptable play, so don't lie and pretend that's not the case. And it's even more true in a setup where Cops are plentiful. Even if your claim was true, which I really doubt at this point, you yield no mechanical value for town anymore and are utterly lynchable.
Kelvin Smith
Kelvin Smith
Goon
Kelvin Smith
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1907 (ISO) » Thu Jun 29, 2017 2:35 pm

Post by Kelvin Smith »

In post 1904, MathBlade wrote:You'd have every reason to mislynch me because confirmed Town going into LyLO isn't something scum want.
You're not confirmed town and never will be. It would take three Cops to claim an Innocent on you for you to be confirmed. Or a Cop to claim an innocent on you and then die.

I'll humor your town claim for a second though. Pretend I'm town for a second and let's have a civilized talk about why lynching you would be a bad idea and what some better alternatives would be and why.
Kelvin Smith
Kelvin Smith
Goon
Kelvin Smith
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1908 (ISO) » Thu Jun 29, 2017 2:39 pm

Post by Kelvin Smith »

In post 1899, MathBlade wrote:Furthermore you all are assuming after mislynching me there is a doctor that can act that night.

It is random according to the wiki.
In post 1903, MathBlade wrote:They can't kill Titus because likely doc. So scum have to go for me or pretty much just gg no re.
I just noticed that and had to point it out before I forget it.

Now please, let's have a less heated conversation and talk about the other things I asked you about.
alban
alban
Mafia Scum
alban
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1909 (ISO) » Thu Jun 29, 2017 3:39 pm

Post by alban »

Let's take it in a different way, and maybe there will be less of a conflict between titus-vedith kelvin-math. Forget abt lynching in cops or docs or anything. Instead focus on sesq wagon. Sesq had claimed a n3 doc. There is definitely a scum or 2 on that wagon. I wish sesq was more active to defend himself. I remembered his claim seconds after i hammered, and have been repenting ever since. Drop all your theories for now, everyone. Humour me. Treat sesq wagon as the main piece of evidence and then tell me whom would you lynch from that wagon.
Hikari Link
Hikari Link
Mafia Scum
Hikari Link
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1910 (ISO) » Thu Jun 29, 2017 3:53 pm

Post by Hikari Link »

In post 1909, alban wrote:Let's take it in a different way, and maybe there will be less of a conflict between titus-vedith kelvin-math. Forget abt lynching in cops or docs or anything. Instead focus on sesq wagon. Sesq had claimed a n3 doc. There is definitely a scum or 2 on that wagon. I wish sesq was more active to defend himself. I remembered his claim seconds after i hammered, and have been repenting ever since. Drop all your theories for now, everyone. Humour me. Treat sesq wagon as the main piece of evidence and then tell me whom would you lynch from that wagon.
Without looking at the circumstances around the votes themselves, which I might later, MathBlade or Vedith. Preferably MathBlade.

Also, this isn't just about lynching Cops or Doctors, this is about lynching strategically. We have game mechanics that we can take advantage of to get actual information, not just come to another blind consensus that will probably lead to another mislynch.
Kelvin Smith
Kelvin Smith
Goon
Kelvin Smith
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1911 (ISO) » Thu Jun 29, 2017 3:54 pm

Post by Kelvin Smith »

In post 1910, Hikari Link wrote:
In post 1909, alban wrote:Let's take it in a different way, and maybe there will be less of a conflict between titus-vedith kelvin-math. Forget abt lynching in cops or docs or anything. Instead focus on sesq wagon. Sesq had claimed a n3 doc. There is definitely a scum or 2 on that wagon. I wish sesq was more active to defend himself. I remembered his claim seconds after i hammered, and have been repenting ever since. Drop all your theories for now, everyone. Humour me. Treat sesq wagon as the main piece of evidence and then tell me whom would you lynch from that wagon.
Without looking at the circumstances around the votes themselves, which I might later, MathBlade or Vedith. Preferably MathBlade.

Also, this isn't just about lynching Cops or Doctors, this is about lynching strategically. We have game mechanics that we can take advantage of to get actual information, not just come to another blind consensus that will probably lead to another mislynch.
Sorry for the alt post. Goddamn phone.
NotTheRealPaul
NotTheRealPaul
Mafia Scum
NotTheRealPaul
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1912 (ISO) » Thu Jun 29, 2017 4:08 pm

Post by NotTheRealPaul »

@alban mathblade still

The only docs I might lynch are AS and maybe navy.

I still think math lynch is bet so we have a possibility of a conftown going into mylo.
NotTheRealPaul
NotTheRealPaul
Mafia Scum
NotTheRealPaul
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1913 (ISO) » Thu Jun 29, 2017 4:14 pm

Post by NotTheRealPaul »

I just looked back and literally the entire playerlist has replaced out. wtf

Im really tempted to /out myself this game pisses me off

what are the chances scum are in the inactive pool? Like srsly I think its a good possibility. Like why not just sit back and let town tear itself apart. Or just go conpletely inactive since town is already super inactive
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1914 (ISO) » Thu Jun 29, 2017 5:20 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 1588, Almost50 wrote:
VC 2.18
Sesq
(7): MuttonChopMagic, Titus, Vedith, NotTheRealPaul, Mathblade, Navy, alban,
Agent Sparkles
(1): Gamma Emerald,
Navy
(1): Sesq,
MuttonChopMagic
(1): Agent Sparkles,

Not Voting
(2): NJAC, jjh927,
With 12 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.
*Agent Sparkles V/LA

Deadline
: (expired on 2017-06-21 18:00:00)

@Alban
I still think Mutton is scum but I would look at the tail end at Navy or you.

Reason being that people have an easier time just plopping on the end and both you and Navy are pretty well invisible.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #1915 (ISO) » Thu Jun 29, 2017 5:21 pm

Post by Titus »

In post 1907, Kelvin Smith wrote:
In post 1904, MathBlade wrote:You'd have every reason to mislynch me because confirmed Town going into LyLO isn't something scum want.
You're not confirmed town and never will be. It would take three Cops to claim an Innocent on you for you to be confirmed. Or a Cop to claim an innocent on you and then die.

I'll humor your town claim for a second though. Pretend I'm town for a second and let's have a civilized talk about why lynching you would be a bad idea and what some better alternatives would be and why.
There's logically confirmed and practically obvtown. If someone cops someone else and says inno, it screams lynch me before anyone else.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #1916 (ISO) » Thu Jun 29, 2017 5:22 pm

Post by Titus »

In post 1912, NotTheRealPaul wrote:@alban mathblade still

The only docs I might lynch are AS and maybe navy.

I still think math lynch is bet so we have a possibility of a conftown going into mylo.
Then you make Math scum's problem. :)

Why AS and Navy?
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1917 (ISO) » Thu Jun 29, 2017 5:24 pm

Post by MathBlade »

@Kelvin

So much wrong so little time to address it.

Like first we already have mass claimed.

Second Mafia is all about making judgment calls.

Third as scum I can easily snowball you I did it in the other game with you. Only reason I got caught was I fucked up the last NK due to starting my job.

Like this conversation isn't heated at all. I am just playing.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #1918 (ISO) » Thu Jun 29, 2017 5:25 pm

Post by Titus »

In post 1906, Kelvin Smith wrote:
In post 1903, MathBlade wrote:Scum have to kill me or Titus period. Titus and I will wreck this game for scum otherwise.

Even if that were true, which I honestly doubt, then they'd still obviously pick Titus over you. There's no good reason to kill you, period. Titus is cleared only by you. There's no good reason for a Doc to protect her right now. Especially with how much heat I'm putting on you and how much flailing you're doing.

And this Titus buddying is really starting to make me think that she really is town and you're just trying to stroke her ego to get her to believe in you over me.

Oh, and to your earlier comment about lynching an outted Cop always being a bad play, that's such absolute crap. Even in a game with a claimed full Cop, there are sometimes points where a Cop lynch is an acceptable play, so don't lie and pretend that's not the case. And it's even more true in a setup where Cops are plentiful. Even if your claim was true, which I really doubt at this point, you yield no mechanical value for town anymore and are utterly lynchable.
This is true but healing me is good from town Math perspective bad from scum them.

Lynch the cop day before lylo if it's a problem. That's when to do that. Otherwise, scum's problem.

I also am not voting you either bc I think the rage quit was town. Docs are the superior play.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1919 (ISO) » Thu Jun 29, 2017 5:25 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 1915, Titus wrote:

There's logically confirmed and practically obvtown. If someone cops someone else and says inno, it screams lynch me before anyone else.
No..It doesn't.

Like wtf?
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #1920 (ISO) » Thu Jun 29, 2017 5:41 pm

Post by Titus »

In post 1919, MathBlade wrote:
In post 1915, Titus wrote:

No..It doesn't.

Like wtf?
Yeah it does. You're wearing a huge sign that says lynch me before Titus. Unless I obvtown, people will want your head. Just sad facts.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

NotTheRealPaul
NotTheRealPaul
Mafia Scum
NotTheRealPaul
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1921 (ISO) » Thu Jun 29, 2017 5:55 pm

Post by NotTheRealPaul »

@Titus PoE
NotTheRealPaul
NotTheRealPaul
Mafia Scum
NotTheRealPaul
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1922 (ISO) » Thu Jun 29, 2017 5:56 pm

Post by NotTheRealPaul »

ebwop navy's posts also pinged me. I think it was his vote on the sesq wagon would need to recheck.

Navy is like a slightlean tho bcuz i tr'ee Coop
Vedith
Vedith
Survivor
Vedith
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1923 (ISO) » Thu Jun 29, 2017 8:06 pm

Post by Vedith »

This game... these players...
I claim scum \o/
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #1924 (ISO) » Thu Jun 29, 2017 8:37 pm

Post by Titus »

@Paul Tree Coop?
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Return to “Completed Open Games”