Open 688: Diffusion of Power (Game Over)

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #2375 (ISO) » Tue Jul 04, 2017 8:50 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 2370, Kelvin Smith wrote:
In post 2367, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 2365, Kelvin Smith wrote:
In post 2363, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 2353, alban wrote:Gamma, vote for RC.

Mod, don't replace me.
This is becoming a joke now. Sorry about that. I have difficulty controlling myself and quite often say or do things on the spur of the moment :(
Am doing so right now
Maybe don't? You guys must realize that you probably aren't going to drum up support for that lynch, right?

I'm not lynching RC, Paul is effectively sheeping me, Titus isn't going to do it, and RC sure as hell isn't going to do it.

So that means you need all of:
Navy Replacement (that we might not get by the deadline)
NJAC (who keeps saying he'll post and doesn't)
MathBlade (who would support the lynch, but is probably scum)
Gamma
alban (who also supports the Math lynch and should totally be putting his vote there)
Vedith (who I don't think supports an RC lynch, though I could be wrong)
Can you agree to put serious consideration into lynching RC tomorrow? Also goes for Titus. You say that there's not much support, so I want to make sure there's at least a chance tomorrow.
Like I said, I'm trying to work out a framework. It involves strategic Copping and lynching Cops or guilties to get confirmation. Both Titus and RC are the two people that I would personally feel most comfortable with Copping and it's something we can and should start discussing now.
I mean I'm not copping Titus unless you can explain how that helps
I'd rather cop someone I'm not sure about or am mildly FOSing, because that's how I like to play the role. Only time I think I've strayed from that is picking Zyf in my first game ever because I promised Raskolnikov I would "look into him". This is using me having been a cop in that Newbie, a great idea game, and mini 1838. I don't remember any other cop games.
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Kelvin Smith
Kelvin Smith
Goon
Kelvin Smith
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2376 (ISO) » Tue Jul 04, 2017 8:55 pm

Post by Kelvin Smith »

In post 2372, alban wrote:
In post 2362, Kelvin Smith wrote:
In post 2357, alban wrote:Vote Math based on what? I just showed you few pages back that almost all your reasons for voting Math are unsubstantiated. Yes, I would have voted for Math since they were one of the suspects for me, but so was Agent Sparkles. And RC replacing AS makes him my top priority to lynch right now. Unless you can show me why Math is a better lynch than AS/RC. Why not lynch RC and cop Math or me? That could work too.
No, you didn't. I responded and most of your reasoning was weak. Math is the optimal choice, hands down. I'll explain further in my strategic framework, but it's the only lynch that gives us other information, so it's most likely the lynch we're going with. We're probably going to be mislynching a lot going forward, if my plan works, but each one is going to hurt scum more than it helps them. The basic premise is lynching Cops with Innocents to get confirmed town, then Docing them so that scum have to kill within our unknown pools, giving us confirmed data and deterring fakeclaims.
That's your perception and you are entitled to that, but according to me, out of the six points you mentioned in , there was only one decent point (detailed in ). Yeah, Math could be scum, but not for the reasons you mentioned. In fact, your hard push on Math for reasons so weak pushed me away from voting for Math.
That's your perception and you are entitled to that. When all is said and done though, I'll prove my reasoning to be the best. And if you don't want the Day to end in a NL, you're probably going to have to come around to Math.
New main account for the Scummer Formerly Known as Hikari Link.
Kelvin Smith
Kelvin Smith
Goon
Kelvin Smith
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2377 (ISO) » Tue Jul 04, 2017 8:56 pm

Post by Kelvin Smith »

In post 2373, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 2369, Kelvin Smith wrote:
In post 2366, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 810, Agent Sparkles wrote:UNVOTE:

So this is interesting.

I'm not fully caught up as I'm writing this, but at least one pair of {Sheep, Gamma} and {Alban, Creature} is probably town. I don't think it's unbelievable for there to be multiple N1 docs given that there was already a save with 12 players still alive, and it would be a pretty dumb gambit for alban to fakeclaim doc after two claims had already happened unless there are more cops than doctors and he's purposely manipulating that knowledge.
Here's the initial issue. AS said that both the doc and protection target would be confirmed. How does he know NJAC wasn't killed? Probably because he's mafia and knows what went down behind the scenes.
I'll read it further later, I guess, but I just want to be clear on what happened.

He said that both the Doc and target would be clear and that's why he's scum? But that's just common sense. Unless scum purposely didn't NK so that their operative could claim Doc, then both the Doctor and the target must be town (unless you are suggesting that scum targeting their own person, for some nonsensical reason). It's 100% reasonable to think that way, even if it's not foolproof, since scum could've purposely not killed.
But why not include himself and NJAC? By doing that it goes from "one of these is conftown because why nokill" to "One of these pairings is town because I'm a mafia who bullshitted a doc claim".
He sort of alluded to why though. He didn't think both claims after his would be from scum, so he thought one of them must have been right. The reasoning there is pretty faulty, but certainly not necessarily based on scum knowledge.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2378 (ISO) » Tue Jul 04, 2017 8:58 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1530, MuttonChopMagic wrote:prodge
aka prod dodge
Okay that avatar is really confusing
I thought Creature had returned for some reason
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #2379 (ISO) » Tue Jul 04, 2017 8:59 pm

Post by Titus »

If you suggest copping me one more time rather than copping Math, my townread on you will be completely obliterated. That is hands down a waste unless Math flips scum. Your "strategic" thinking has been nothing more than circular logic. Every cop theoretically (although unlikely) could be town.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #2380 (ISO) » Tue Jul 04, 2017 8:59 pm

Post by Titus »

In post 2378, Gamma Emerald wrote:
aka prod dodge
Creature slot is dead
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2381 (ISO) » Tue Jul 04, 2017 8:59 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 2377, Kelvin Smith wrote:

So this is interesting.

I'm not fully caught up as I'm writing this, but at least one pair of {Sheep, Gamma} and {Alban, Creature} is probably town. I don't think it's unbelievable for there to be multiple N1 docs given that there was already a save with 12 players still alive, and it would be a pretty dumb gambit for alban to fakeclaim doc after two claims had already happened unless there are more cops than doctors and he's purposely manipulating that knowledge.
Here's the initial issue. AS said that both the doc and protection target would be confirmed. How does he know NJAC wasn't killed? Probably because he's mafia and knows what went down behind the scenes.
I'll read it further later, I guess, but I just want to be clear on what happened.

He said that both the Doc and target would be clear and that's why he's scum? But that's just common sense. Unless scum purposely didn't NK so that their operative could claim Doc, then both the Doctor and the target must be town (unless you are suggesting that scum targeting their own person, for some nonsensical reason). It's 100% reasonable to think that way, even if it's not foolproof, since scum could've purposely not killed.
But why not include himself and NJAC? By doing that it goes from "one of these is conftown because why nokill" to "One of these pairings is town because I'm a mafia who bullshitted a doc claim".
He sort of alluded to why though. He didn't think both claims after his would be from scum, so he thought one of them must have been right. The reasoning there is pretty faulty, but certainly not necessarily based on scum knowledge.
Okay that makes a bit of sense. I don't get why he wouldn't think his own choice was right though, unless he was mafia and knew that.
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2382 (ISO) » Tue Jul 04, 2017 9:00 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 2380, Titus wrote:
aka prod dodge
Creature slot is dead
I know but at the time it wasn't
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2383 (ISO) » Tue Jul 04, 2017 9:00 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 2379, Titus wrote:If you suggest copping me one more time rather than copping Math, my townread on you will be completely obliterated. That is hands down a waste unless Math flips scum. Your "strategic" thinking has been nothing more than circular logic. Every cop theoretically (although unlikely) could be town.
Also this is exactly why I was feeling copping Titus was stupid I just didn't think to say it this way.
<Embrace The Void>

Kelvin Smith
Kelvin Smith
Goon
Kelvin Smith
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2384 (ISO) » Tue Jul 04, 2017 9:01 pm

Post by Kelvin Smith »

In post 2375, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 2370, Kelvin Smith wrote:
In post 2367, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 2365, Kelvin Smith wrote:
In post 2363, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 2353, alban wrote:Gamma, vote for RC.

Mod, don't replace me.
This is becoming a joke now. Sorry about that. I have difficulty controlling myself and quite often say or do things on the spur of the moment :(
Am doing so right now
Maybe don't? You guys must realize that you probably aren't going to drum up support for that lynch, right?

I'm not lynching RC, Paul is effectively sheeping me, Titus isn't going to do it, and RC sure as hell isn't going to do it.

So that means you need all of:
Navy Replacement (that we might not get by the deadline)
NJAC (who keeps saying he'll post and doesn't)
MathBlade (who would support the lynch, but is probably scum)
Gamma
alban (who also supports the Math lynch and should totally be putting his vote there)
Vedith (who I don't think supports an RC lynch, though I could be wrong)
Can you agree to put serious consideration into lynching RC tomorrow? Also goes for Titus. You say that there's not much support, so I want to make sure there's at least a chance tomorrow.
Like I said, I'm trying to work out a framework. It involves strategic Copping and lynching Cops or guilties to get confirmation. Both Titus and RC are the two people that I would personally feel most comfortable with Copping and it's something we can and should start discussing now.
I mean I'm not copping Titus unless you can explain how that helps
I'd rather cop someone I'm not sure about or am mildly FOSing, because that's how I like to play the role. Only time I think I've strayed from that is picking Zyf in my first game ever because I promised Raskolnikov I would "look into him". This is using me having been a cop in that Newbie, a great idea game, and mini 1838. I don't remember any other cop games.
Sorry, I thought you were saying you wanted Titus or Rc lynched, not that you wanted Titus to consider RC.

Also, you may have just slipped that you Cop tonight. If that's the case, you might want to admit it so that we can Doc you accordingly. I considered not pointing it out, but I'd rather that we discuss it now than take the chance that scum notice it and just take you out at Night without us being prepared.
Kelvin Smith
Kelvin Smith
Goon
Kelvin Smith
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2385 (ISO) » Tue Jul 04, 2017 9:02 pm

Post by Kelvin Smith »

aka prod dodge
See, this is why I thought Mutton was Creature's alt and that I used to be Creature.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2386 (ISO) » Tue Jul 04, 2017 9:04 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

That was not me slipping I cop tonight. Don't get how you got there but I'm not going to worry about that.
Also I realized MCM got replaced so I feel like a major idiot
<Embrace The Void>

Kelvin Smith
Kelvin Smith
Goon
Kelvin Smith
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2387 (ISO) » Tue Jul 04, 2017 9:06 pm

Post by Kelvin Smith »

In post 2379, Titus wrote:If you suggest copping me one more time rather than copping Math, my townread on you will be completely obliterated. That is hands down a waste unless Math flips scum. Your "strategic" thinking has been nothing more than circular logic. Every cop theoretically (although unlikely) could be town.
You seem to have this crazy misconception that we aren't lynching Math today and that they aren't flipping scum. Both are likely occurrences, therefore you are a good Cop target. We obviously wouldn't Cop you if either didn't happen, but like I said, I'm talking likely.

There's nothing circular about my strategy, other than the fact that it is a cycle that can be repeated in order to gain information and catch scum.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #2388 (ISO) » Tue Jul 04, 2017 9:07 pm

Post by Titus »

Gamma, lynch Navy with me?
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2389 (ISO) » Tue Jul 04, 2017 9:07 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1541, Navy wrote:Time for a survey

Do you like mutton chop?
On a scale from one to one hundred, how cute are you?
Can you dance?
The pain threshold of most humans, including myself, is thirteen. Can you top it?
One of the lesser known facts about ants is that they can detect a fire. Do you believe this?
Right now, I obsess over Paddy, who I think is incredibly cute. Do you agree with mia?

Yes and no answers only. Any other type of answer will be dismissed and discarded.
I never knew Navy was an RQS person
<Embrace The Void>

Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #2390 (ISO) » Tue Jul 04, 2017 9:07 pm

Post by Titus »

In post 2387, Kelvin Smith wrote:
You seem to have this crazy misconception that we aren't lynching Math today and that they aren't flipping scum. Both are likely occurrences, therefore you are a good Cop target. We obviously wouldn't Cop you if either didn't happen, but like I said, I'm talking likely.

There's nothing circular about my strategy, other than the fact that it is a cycle that can be repeated in order to gain information and catch scum.
Now, unless you have a scum army, that is not happening.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2391 (ISO) » Tue Jul 04, 2017 9:07 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 2388, Titus wrote:Gamma, lynch Navy with me?
Probably not
Why do you say Navy is scum?
<Embrace The Void>

Kelvin Smith
Kelvin Smith
Goon
Kelvin Smith
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2392 (ISO) » Tue Jul 04, 2017 9:08 pm

Post by Kelvin Smith »

In post 2381, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 2377, Kelvin Smith wrote:

So this is interesting.

Okay that makes a bit of sense. I don't get why he wouldn't think his own choice was right though, unless he was mafia and knew that.
I can get why he might not necessarily think that his choice was right. As for why he definiteively didn't? It could be because he's scum. But it also could just be because people don't always think of all of the possibilities. He could just have been convinced he was wrong.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #2393 (ISO) » Tue Jul 04, 2017 9:08 pm

Post by Titus »

In post 2389, Gamma Emerald wrote:

Do you like mutton chop?
Can you dance?
The pain threshold of most humans, including myself, is thirteen. Can you top it?
One of the lesser known facts about ants is that they can detect a fire. Do you believe this?
Right now, I obsess over Paddy, who I think is incredibly cute. Do you agree with mia?

Yes and no answers only. Any other type of answer will be dismissed and discarded.
They aren't really and they have been gone for 4+ days while posting on their other accounts.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2394 (ISO) » Tue Jul 04, 2017 9:09 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

But it just defers the issue to another person. All I see happening is "okay now this person says Titus is town, do we believe
them
?"
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2395 (ISO) » Tue Jul 04, 2017 9:10 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 2393, Titus wrote:
In post 2389, Gamma Emerald wrote:

Do you like mutton chop?
Can you dance?

They aren't really and they have been gone for 4+ days while posting on their other accounts.
I mean flaking while posting elsewhere isn't AI for Navy I think
<Embrace The Void>

Kelvin Smith
Kelvin Smith
Goon
Kelvin Smith
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2396 (ISO) » Tue Jul 04, 2017 9:11 pm

Post by Kelvin Smith »

In post 2390, Titus wrote:

Now, unless you have a scum army, that is not happening.
Titus, I've already explained that even if you and Math were magically town, Math would still be extremely lynchable. In fact, the only way Math isn't lynchable is if stubborn town teams up with scum to block the lynch. So now it's just a question of which you are.
Kelvin Smith
Kelvin Smith
Goon
Kelvin Smith
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2397 (ISO) » Tue Jul 04, 2017 9:16 pm

Post by Kelvin Smith »

In post 2394, Gamma Emerald wrote:

But it just defers the issue to another person. All I see happening is "okay now this person says Titus is town, do we believe
them
?"
Yes. Then we lynch that person. Anyone with an innocent gets the rope. Guilties get lynched, but if they aren't scum, the Cop gets lynched. Any Cop that doesn't claim a result by Day 6 gets lynched. Any Cops that have been sitting on reports need to report them immediately or get lynched for it later. As I said, there will be a full framework in order to ensure that we actually lynch scum, confirm town, and Doc the right target. I just need some time to lay it out. I want to try to do it sooner, rather than later, that way we can find any holes in it and make sure it's viable.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2398 (ISO) » Tue Jul 04, 2017 9:19 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1551, Navy wrote:
In post 1546, Titus wrote:

Do you like mutton chop?
Can you dance?

Yes
As cute as I need to be
Depends, is wooden leg a new dance move?
What type of pain are we talking?
Who cares?
Paddy? Mia? Who?

Why aren't you voting Sesq or giving content?
I am giving content. Read between the lines is all I can say.

and all right

VOTE: sesq
Oh my gosh
This might actually be Mafia since I don't see Town being this dense
<Embrace The Void>

Navy
Navy
Townie
Navy
Townie
Townie

Post Post #2399 (ISO) » Tue Jul 04, 2017 9:20 pm

Post by Navy »

Hello Annie.

Return to “Completed Open Games”