Open 688: Diffusion of Power (Game Over)

Kelvin Smith
Kelvin Smith
Goon
Kelvin Smith
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3550 (ISO) » Wed Jul 12, 2017 6:44 pm

Post by Kelvin Smith »

@Vedith: If upon checking Gamma, you discover he is scum, do me a favor and don't post until he posts his result.
New main account for the Scummer Formerly Known as Hikari Link.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #3551 (ISO) » Wed Jul 12, 2017 6:46 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 3550, Kelvin Smith wrote:@Vedith: If upon checking Gamma, you discover he is scum, do me a favor and don't post until he posts his result.
What would that do? If I were scum I'd know he'd get a guilty on me, so any play I make afterwards is made with that in mind. So what would a result from me accomplish?
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #3552 (ISO) » Wed Jul 12, 2017 6:47 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Like, the only thing that explains that logic fail is you forgot scum know how they will investigate.
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Kelvin Smith
Kelvin Smith
Goon
Kelvin Smith
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3553 (ISO) » Wed Jul 12, 2017 6:50 pm

Post by Kelvin Smith »

In post 3551, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 3550, Kelvin Smith wrote:@Vedith: If upon checking Gamma, you discover he is scum, do me a favor and don't post until he posts his result.
What would that do? If I were scum I'd know he'd get a guilty on me, so any play I make afterwards is made with that in mind. So what would a result from me accomplish?
Sure, it's ridiculously unlikely to be meaningful, but even so. It's possible that scum you is taking a gamble here that he's lying about checking tonight or something. And anything you say could still have some sort of value. Point is, it costs us nothing to do that and, at worst, gains us nothing of value.
Kelvin Smith
Kelvin Smith
Goon
Kelvin Smith
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3554 (ISO) » Wed Jul 12, 2017 6:51 pm

Post by Kelvin Smith »

In post 3552, Gamma Emerald wrote:Like, the only thing that explains that logic fail is you forgot scum know how they will investigate.
You think inside the box too much sometimes, man.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #3555 (ISO) » Wed Jul 12, 2017 8:28 pm

Post by Titus »

In post 3541, Kelvin Smith wrote:
In post 3540, Titus wrote:
In post 3539, Kelvin Smith wrote:
In post 3535, Titus wrote:
In post 3531, Kelvin Smith wrote:Hey, Titus, if you're town here, do me a favor and hammer alban already.
Why would I do that when Navy is the better lynch? You haven't even addressed what we'd learn from that.
I assume we'd learn that alban is scum. What do you expect we'd learn from a Navy lynch?
Navy is scum, and if not that would be near conclusive proof alban is. We'd learn we couldn't get either lynch to go through because both Math and Navy were scum OR that basically we'd learn that 1 scum likely bussed and two weren't (Math and alban).

We also don't have to deal with Navy slot fucking the game in lylo.
Nah, alban has a better chance at being scum, by my reckoning. He keeps making all of those scum posts like Math did.
Yeah oh this circle again.

Just let me know when I'm supposed to shut up and obey because I'm just supposed to be psychic.

And no RC, I've treated you with respect, particularly when I backed off the lynch I wanted because you and Kelvin cried bullied. Don't act like you've been a saint.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #3556 (ISO) » Wed Jul 12, 2017 8:31 pm

Post by RadiantCowbells »

Titus I tried very hard to find some compromise with you but your idea of compromise was 'well we lynch who I want, then we keep lynching who I want'

so the rest of the game just went around you.
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #3557 (ISO) » Wed Jul 12, 2017 8:33 pm

Post by RadiantCowbells »

like if we just sat and listened to you on mathblade we would have had a shitty lynch yesterday and probably ended up losing this game when the people who supported the mathblade lynch died.
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
alban
alban
Mafia Scum
alban
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3558 (ISO) » Wed Jul 12, 2017 8:44 pm

Post by alban »

In post 3544, Kelvin Smith wrote:
In post 3542, alban wrote:Gamma, Giga, why are you voting for me? Reasons please.
giga's not. Yet.
Do not talk when not fucking talked to.
alban
alban
Mafia Scum
alban
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3559 (ISO) » Wed Jul 12, 2017 8:51 pm

Post by alban »

In post 3545, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 3542, alban wrote:Gamma, Giga, why are you voting for me? Reasons please.
Because I feel that your posts are coming from a scum perspective. One interesting thing is you having voiced a scumread on Sesq day 1, yet you act like you are not tied to the push except for the vote. I may be wrong here but that's what I get a sense of.
Interesting thought occurred to me. I think with a scumflip it might be worth it to check the rush to lynch CommKnight.
What's a scum perspective? Elaborate.
Yes, I did voice a concern regarding Sesq on D1, but that had all disappeared by D2 coz everyone was suspecting Sesq, and when there's a unanimity against someone, I read them as town. I pushed their slot for knowing more, but throughout more than half of the latter part of D1, I was on Math's slot.
You are indeed wrong. And I got a peek regarding how little you have on me to vote for me. You are unable to explain your thoughts logically and resorting to impressions. You have played multiple games with me and you should know that I am generally scummy and my posts are more or less like this.
Vedith
Vedith
Survivor
Vedith
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3560 (ISO) » Wed Jul 12, 2017 8:54 pm

Post by Vedith »

Okay.

Also, if I do die (I really don't believe Kelvin is ever flipping scum) then only take Gamma's cop result with a pinch of salt.
I claim scum \o/
alban
alban
Mafia Scum
alban
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3561 (ISO) » Wed Jul 12, 2017 8:55 pm

Post by alban »

With so much fucking hatred around, I really want to self-vote.
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3562 (ISO) » Thu Jul 13, 2017 1:11 am

Post by gigabyteTroubadour »

Declaring intent

Like I said alban, your thought process in continuing to suspect kelvin as scum seems off and motivated by keeping the lynches you need to win around

Also what hatred? This is the least toxic I've seen this town be.

Will hammer after work, typing on an ancient iPad rn that deleted this entire post twice.
i no longer strictly go by they/them and honestly prefer she/her but they/them's fine if you're used to it i guess

☭ I'm coming for that toothbrush ☭
alban
alban
Mafia Scum
alban
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3563 (ISO) » Thu Jul 13, 2017 2:16 am

Post by alban »

In post 3562, gigabyteTroubadour wrote:Declaring intent

Like I said alban, your thought process in continuing to suspect kelvin as scum seems off and motivated by keeping the lynches you need to win around

Will hammer after work, typing on an ancient iPad rn that deleted this entire post twice.
So my thought process is scummy, but his isn't.
What happens when I flip town?
Vedith
Vedith
Survivor
Vedith
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3564 (ISO) » Thu Jul 13, 2017 2:21 am

Post by Vedith »

Then we move on and tomorrow we either have confirmed scum or 3 confirmed town.
I claim scum \o/
alban
alban
Mafia Scum
alban
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3565 (ISO) » Thu Jul 13, 2017 2:29 am

Post by alban »

That was rhetorical.

I am not expecting an answer, but you guys need to think about it.

How you guys do not want to play a game based on logic and reason, but based on your inherent biases. Whenever I have asked for reason, I have got a cold shoulder, or worse still, a lame explanation.

Like Giga here: My thought process could be off, but how is that AI? Is an off thought process indicative of being a scum? At this point in the game, would a scum go ahead with an off thought process? Will Kelvin whose thought process seems bang on with everyone else regarding me, how likely is he to be a town? I am not saying he is scum, but how can Giga give me scum cred for suspecting a popular player; like hows that indicative of anything?

Each of you have some inherent biases, and I wish the town was open enough to discuss, because only when you discuss your reasons with me, can I logically shoot them down. At least Giga gave their reasons. A lot of you haven't, even after repeated inquiries from me.

P-edit: If the clarity comes out of a logical thought out plan, good enough. If that gives you a way out of chaos without any thought-out plan, I don't think it's gonna work out. Like RC saying an innocent on him makes both the docs scums. So he is pitting himself against me to sell his argument. If he is scum, that's an obvious way to get a wagon on. If he is town, it's flawed logic.
Vedith
Vedith
Survivor
Vedith
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3566 (ISO) » Thu Jul 13, 2017 2:43 am

Post by Vedith »

All I know is I'm not dying tonight.
Gamma probably is though.

Other than that I don't really have much on it.
I claim scum \o/
Kelvin Smith
Kelvin Smith
Goon
Kelvin Smith
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3567 (ISO) » Thu Jul 13, 2017 3:08 am

Post by Kelvin Smith »

In post 3558, alban wrote:
In post 3544, Kelvin Smith wrote:
giga's not. Yet.
Do not talk when not fucking talked to.
If you make a factually incorrect statement, I'm going to correct it. You're not going to make me shut up just because you don't like me.
Kelvin Smith
Kelvin Smith
Goon
Kelvin Smith
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3568 (ISO) » Thu Jul 13, 2017 3:14 am

Post by Kelvin Smith »

In post 3560, Vedith wrote:
Okay.

Also, if I do die (I really don't believe Kelvin is ever flipping scum) then only take Gamma's cop result with a pinch of salt.
Oh, it's definitely worth scrutiny if you die. But if you die, then that means Titus or I didn't do our job and one of us need to die (spoilers: it won't be me).
Kelvin Smith
Kelvin Smith
Goon
Kelvin Smith
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3569 (ISO) » Thu Jul 13, 2017 3:16 am

Post by Kelvin Smith »

In post 3561, alban wrote:With so much fucking hatred around, I really want to self-vote.
Please feel free.
Vedith
Vedith
Survivor
Vedith
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3570 (ISO) » Thu Jul 13, 2017 3:17 am

Post by Vedith »

Yeah that's why I'm confident on surviving tomorrow.
I claim scum \o/
Kelvin Smith
Kelvin Smith
Goon
Kelvin Smith
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3571 (ISO) » Thu Jul 13, 2017 3:21 am

Post by Kelvin Smith »

In post 3563, alban wrote:

Then I'm still not scum and we all collectively made an inferior decision, as human beings sometimes do.

Yeah, yeah, don't answer for others. Here's the thing though: you and Titus are painting this picture that RC and I are some sort of fiendish puppetmasters, pulling all the strings and bullying everyone else into the lynches we want. It's really not like that though. As it turns out, most of the town just agrees with the things that we are saying, either because we're making sense to them or because they have independently come to similar conclusions.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #3572 (ISO) » Thu Jul 13, 2017 3:45 am

Post by Titus »

In post 3556, RadiantCowbells wrote:Titus I tried very hard to find some compromise with you but your idea of compromise was 'well we lynch who I want, then we keep lynching who I want'

so the rest of the game just went around you.
Bullshit. I compromised on Math in exchange for a cop plan that you immediately tried to shoot down after I compromised. You are describing yourself. After all, you STILL haven't given a reason why Navy is worth keeping around.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #3573 (ISO) » Thu Jul 13, 2017 3:45 am

Post by Titus »

In post 3571, Kelvin Smith wrote:
In post 3563, alban wrote:

Then I'm still not scum and we all collectively made an inferior decision, as human beings sometimes do.

Yeah, yeah, don't answer for others. Here's the thing though: you and Titus are painting this picture that RC and I are some sort of fiendish puppetmasters, pulling all the strings and bullying everyone else into the lynches we want. It's really not like that though. As it turns out, most of the town just agrees with the things that we are saying, either because we're making sense to them or because they have independently come to similar conclusions.
No RC isn't a puppetmaster, he's just discrediting rather than talking.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #3574 (ISO) » Thu Jul 13, 2017 3:48 am

Post by Titus »

No one disagrees with me on Navy being a disaster to have and antitown. No one has given a reason beyond alban looks scummy, which is the Math lynch all over.

I wanted some assurances history wouldn't repeat itself Kelvin. If you can't see why after today, then we had a major failure to communicate.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Return to “Completed Open Games”