Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #13200 (ISO) » Tue Jul 18, 2017 3:35 pm

Post by Cerberus v666 »

In post 13199, Insomniacs wrote:
In post 13198, Cerberus v666 wrote:Drixx:

mhsmith0 - Most notably, double check me on the bias here, I've been focusing on him for awhile, so it's possible(though unlikely) that I've lost focus of the big picture
Vedith(it's pretty short and empty, but yeah, lemme know if anything jumps out at you)
Master Vampire

Cerb:
Insomniacs
Scott and Ramona

Second tier priorities, we should both read here if we get done with the other stuff

PeregrineV
Randomidget

Sound good?
What am I looking at?

-Narna
In post 13197, Cerberus v666 wrote:I'm like, super driven right now. I wish I wasn't going on vacation tomorrow, or else I'd guarantee you if I can get Drixx communicating with me we'd solve the fuck out of this game by the end of this day phase. Though the first day I'm on vacation my host is going to be at work, so I'm going to just be chilling at their house for a few hours and maybe that could work
. Drixx? Maybe we assign analysis duties today, and get back together on thursday when I'm just chilling at my homies and we do the realtime discussion thing and share our notes etc?

Gork/Shiro are also invited to join in, but I'm specifically calling out Drixx because I know we work together quite well, and that he'll put in the work and generate content in a fashion that is easy for me to parse.
Me trying to drag drixx into playing the game with me, and also attempting to increase my own level of involvement by changing the dynamic.
GTK a me, currently live, this may be your only chance!
viewtopic.php?f=61&t=78521&p=10688009#p10688009
mhsmith0
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
Balancing Act

Post Post #13201 (ISO) » Tue Jul 18, 2017 3:37 pm

Post by mhsmith0 »

@cerb: an exhaustive 10 minute effort on my iPad of noting things I'd said about wheme's behavior directly

Spoiler:
In post 11095, mhsmith0 wrote:
In post 11025, WhemeStar wrote:VOTE: Insomniacs

Part of me really wants this gone but part of me thinks its town and RB also thought they were town too
Narna, does this read like a town vote on you?
In post 11121, mhsmith0 wrote:
In post 11119, WhemeStar wrote:
Your so confident I'm scum it's funny lol
In post 11120, WhemeStar wrote:At the same time I feel like you know I will flip town but idk
Can we just kill this?
In post 11122, mhsmith0 wrote:Like this is him literally unable to decide if he needs to be discrediting me or pushing me.
In post 11192, mhsmith0 wrote:
In post 11186, WhemeStar wrote:Like I still don't understand why I would vote Jjh like I did if I was scum
Find me three legitimately interesting or solvey things you've done this game. You have >200 posts and they basically all look like boring slop.
In post 11200, mhsmith0 wrote:
In post 11194, WhemeStar wrote:
In post 11186, WhemeStar wrote:Like I still don't understand why I would vote Jjh like I did if I was scum
Find me three legitimately interesting or solvey things you've done this game. You have >200 posts and they basically all look like boring slop.
They are boring slop. I've never really gotten into this game

Now tell me why your bringing up something else than what I am talking about
Because it's a mediocre argument in the first place? Maybe you're a goon or JOAT with expired power shots. Maybe you think that one town flip among the miller claims will discredit the argument for lynching millers. Maybe you just want to help run out the clock (and if you're blue scum, there's a LOT of validity to this given zero bluescum flips so far). etc etc etc

Like, "why would I do this thing (when even lazy thinking would come up wtih fairly obvious potential scum advantages)" is an awful argument and barely worth the time it took to refute it.
In post 11480, mhsmith0 wrote:OTOH...
In post 11416, Cerberus v666 wrote:Whene, you didn't do what I said.
Go read the quotes I pulled from your iso. When your read on someone changes, please explain why.
Hint: you pushed Tywin as scum long before there was a guilty. Some nice town points you just pissed away with that answer.
In post 11422, Cerberus v666 wrote:Yes please Wheme. As best you can.
Wheme doesn't bother, cerb doesn't care at all. Funny, that.

This gets unspoilered because fuck being concise or easy to read when I'm getting derp-wagoned on bullshit
In post 11335, Cerberus v666 wrote: Every post in Whemes ISO that is a thought on the game(almost)
In post 4381, WhemeStar wrote:Also I don't know this games flavor but I'm Wen. Feel like I should be open about that
Not a thought on the game
In post 4525, WhemeStar wrote:I think Tywin is town.

Sorry it's hard to get an opinion when I don't know what happened during 170 pages
Lazy townread, no substance behind it
In post 4526, WhemeStar wrote:Not chara, doggo, gamma are Tr
Shits out three townreads
In post 4545, WhemeStar wrote:
In post 4543, Ramcius wrote:
In post 4531, WhemeStar wrote:
In post 4528, Not Chara wrote:why are Gamma and i townreads?
Your votes on sly
that's bad reason, they can be on other team and still vote sly
Nah if they were on slys team they wouldn't of voted there
Early presumption of singleball, WAY before there was any kind of reason to think this. "They voted scum, therefore town" is also the epitome of lazy reasoning.

(basically a dup quote)...
In post 4548, WhemeStar wrote:
In post 4546, WhemeStar wrote:
In post 4545, WhemeStar wrote:
In post 4543, Ramcius wrote:
Your votes on sly
that's bad reason, they can be on other team and still vote sly
Nah if they were on slys team they wouldn't of voted there
I see Nero did and thought he tried to derail the wagon so nvm
Nvm again first statement is right. Scum wouldn't vote sly then. Nero did but unvote later
This isn't any kind of substantive engagement; nero and sly had both flipped by then, so it just boils down to "scum wouldn't vote scum", which I'd presume he's not enough of a newbie to believe, and essentially just means taht he's townread:
A proven vig claim
A dead townie (doggo had already flipped)
Not chara

The only thing even slightly useful there would be the not chara townread. Everything else is garbage, and obviously so if you take a minute to think about it instead of just going "ooh, wheme said stuff, it must therefore be decent"
In post 4550, WhemeStar wrote:Well I mean

Nero was biggest scum read and he's dead
Two biggest TR are dead
Idk who slysly is

Rip my reads
Funny story: search "nero" in wheme ISO, you get:
In post 4380, WhemeStar wrote:Okay, I'm off work IsOing Nero
and that's it on day one. So for his supposed #1 scumread, he managed to do literally nothing in terms of evaluating him before his lynch.

In post 4551, WhemeStar wrote:
In post 4549, Not Chara wrote:also Wheme, it's likely multiball. meaning two separate scumteams. that's what Ramcius was talking about.
Give proof it's multi ball or im voting Ram
This is not a substantive statement.

In post 4741, WhemeStar wrote:
In post 4704, Gamma Emerald wrote:
Your votes on sly
But I switched off Sly to vote Tywin
What do you think now?
If you were on slys team to switch to Tywin, you wouldn't of shot Nero. So your not on Slys team, and your a dayvig. So I think you can be town
He's literally townreading the vig claim. This is, AGAIN, not a substatnive statement. If anything, it reads kind of like a lazy justification for not going after someone who has the power to kill him and he knows is at least not on his team (and given the sly dayvig, very unlikely to be redscum)
In post 4748, WhemeStar wrote:
In post 4743, Drixx wrote:
In post 4741, WhemeStar wrote:
In post 4704, Gamma Emerald wrote:
Your votes on sly
But I switched off Sly to vote Tywin
What do you think now?
If you were on slys team to switch to Tywin, you wouldn't of shot Nero. So your not on Slys team, and your a dayvig. So I think you can be town
This is questionable. Since dayvigs are so common as town, they are a very good role to include in setups as scum to prevent mass claim breaks. You are basing that conclusion on
really
thin ice.
The most I know is that he wasn't on Slys team. And that's enough for me right now
Again, this whole thing is lazy

In post 4861, WhemeStar wrote:Does anyone know what Ram is at right now?
Also RB are u scum
How is this supposed to be "content"
In post 4941, WhemeStar wrote:I feel like That wagon is bad
How is this supposed to be "content"
In post 5922, WhemeStar wrote:Can I be smiths personal sheep. Also why did Priscilla say we're guaranteed to lynch scum today
The closest thing to something substantive is poking at priscilla
In post 5950, WhemeStar wrote:I think NF is town
Town read with no drive behind it
In post 6428, WhemeStar wrote:Whateverrr VOTE: Tywin
This is obviously not substantive
In post 6569, WhemeStar wrote:VOTE: Jjh927

Yah cool
In post 6578, WhemeStar wrote:If zzzx was Miller he would of counted claimed my slot asap.

There is no way jjh is Miller
This is actually somewhat substantive, a rare find
In post 6579, WhemeStar wrote:Like even if zzzx believed my slots claim he would of also claimed miller
Ditto
In post 6616, WhemeStar wrote:UNVOTE: jjh
He's miller whatever
Backs away from what was actually a seemingly substatnive read on his part
In post 6863, WhemeStar wrote:Yo can I vote Tywin he's scum
In post 6866, WhemeStar wrote:VOTE: Tywin
Sweeeet
In post 7812, WhemeStar wrote:Not fury is scum
Almost50 is scum
Let's goooooooo
This is obviously not substantive (suggests not redscum, but that is consistent w my belief anyway)

In post 8223, WhemeStar wrote:
In post 8220, Gorkington wrote:i really dont understand why people are townreading jj over wheme.
makes no sense to me.
at all.
Jjh is town
States TR on jjh, subsequently flips his read, never really explains why, see:
In post 9219, WhemeStar wrote:VOTE: Jjh sounds good
In post 8230, WhemeStar wrote:Well then Jjh Isn't confirmed town for me
I think it's hilarious that cerb represents 8223 and this back to back as something to TR wheme for
In post 8430, WhemeStar wrote:I thought smith was town
This is BARELY substantive at best
In post 9223, WhemeStar wrote:Hmm Priscilla could be scum
This is obviously not substantive, and easily could be wishy-washy hedging on someone who ends up flipping town (wait? she did? oh really, funny that)
In post 9733, WhemeStar wrote:I feel like 9675 is fluff post, but I don't know if RB is scum or not after 1789 newbie game. He was scum in that and I really thought he was town.
Bye Gork, its a pain your replacing out. For your replacement, the mod, and everyone in this game. But I can understand it.
What does 9732 mean RB.
Is actually fluff? Because it really doesn't look like fluff; it looks like jjh pushing and making a case on someone he thought was scum
In post 10223, WhemeStar wrote:And I'm fine with math lynch
Idk about Pv didn't know he was in game lol, will have to Iso him
This is obviously not substantive on math, and just barely substantive on PV
In post 10225, WhemeStar wrote:I got halfway through his ISO and think he's town and like his push on RM
This is another barely substatntive thing

In post 10252, WhemeStar wrote:I would be willing to vote Gin
In post 10369, WhemeStar wrote:Check me is a waste
In post 10671, WhemeStar wrote:Aristophanes is town
In post 10907, WhemeStar wrote:I could do Smith but not Ari
I was going to sarcastically talk about how he's not really doing anything to stop the lynch of someone he TR'd, except that his and actually talked about it. It's actually really weird that cerb skipped over those two posts taht are ACTUALLY something of some substance, while shitting up a list of mainly garbage, while trying to "prove" Wheme's ISO wasn't really empty

Part of me really wants this gone but part of me thinks its town and RB also thought they were town too
This is obviously not substantive, and worse, is a hedgy as fuck voting post about someone he theoretically wants dead
In post 11127, WhemeStar wrote:You can argue that it was a good wagon and a good reason for voting me (which I think it is a good reason)

Also if I was scum I would of defended Jjh a lot more
This is just self-defense
In post 11129, WhemeStar wrote:Is randommidget confirmed town cause I think he's scum
This is an empty scumread

There's...a lot more there than you said there was. He's said quite a lot. I don't follow all his progressions, and I can definitely see cause for suspicion because of them, because he never gave reasons for anything, but it's not particularly bad.
Bull fucking shit. Most of the stuff you quoted was garbage, and if he flips an important scum PR you're a fucking policy lynch for this bullshit defense of him.
In post 11485, mhsmith0 wrote:Some other stuff I didn't like (which is easily found by isoing me and searching for "wheme"... but apparently that's too much work when it's easier to just reduce my case to "whemes ISO is empty" [even tho it basically is] ?)
In post 10452, mhsmith0 wrote:
In post 10354, WhemeStar wrote:What about smith
if PV flips scum here this just gets vigged right? Because I'm pretty sure he was throwing out a TR on me not all that long ago, and I have no clue why that's changed.
In post 10453, mhsmith0 wrote:
In post 8513, WhemeStar wrote:Also I'm fine with a lynch on me because I thought Smiths idea was good and if I wasn't Wen I would've agreed with it
Like, this in particular is kinda weird as the last thing he'd said about me but now he's fine with lynch me.

Wheme, you in particular I'd like to explain why I'm now scum to you. Also explanations from my voters would be appreciated. Please and thank you.
In post 11095, mhsmith0 wrote:

Narna, does this read like a town vote on you?
In post 11121, mhsmith0 wrote:
In post 11119, WhemeStar wrote:
Your so confident I'm scum it's funny lol
In post 11120, WhemeStar wrote:At the same time I feel like you know I will flip town but idk
Can we just kill this?
In post 11200, mhsmith0 wrote:
In post 11194, WhemeStar wrote:
They are boring slop. I've never really gotten into this game

Now tell me why your bringing up something else than what I am talking about
Because it's a mediocre argument in the first place? Maybe you're a goon or JOAT with expired power shots. Maybe you think that one town flip among the miller claims will discredit the argument for lynching millers. Maybe you just want to help run out the clock (and if you're blue scum, there's a LOT of validity to this given zero bluescum flips so far). etc etc etc

Like, "why would I do this thing (when even lazy thinking would come up wtih fairly obvious potential scum advantages)" is an awful argument and barely worth the time it took to refute it.
In post 11543, mhsmith0 wrote:PS
In post 8192, WhemeStar wrote:Ok when jjh explained his role and what his role pm said out
I knew he was miller, had the same words as mine did
In post 8205, WhemeStar wrote:Oh jjh said "if I get checked by investigates, I will show up as an enemy"

Or something along those lines
and my role pm said the same thing along those lines
This is not really what "differently functioning millers" would sound like btw
Of course he WASNT a differently functioning miller, but I don't really see how I'd have figured that out (and you don't get any credit for it either since you INSISTED that if they were both millers they'd be different,a no lo and behold your setup spec there was bullshit)
In post 12277, mhsmith0 wrote:
In post 12252, WhemeStar wrote:Wait so if smith thinks that why does he still scumread me
Wheme supposedly TRs Ari enough to want to die over him, but with Ari at L-1, he pops in to ask a very easily answered question centered around self-defense instead. Checks out :roll:

Of course, I'll freely admit that a decent chunk of my headspace on wheme was RELATIONAL, but then again there sure as fuck looked like a shit ton on bullshit in his defense, and yeah it looked like he potentially had buddies playing defense for him. He wasn't scum and he didn't have wolf bros helping him, but I won't apologize for how it LOOKED to me at the time.

Anyway, that's ten minutes worth of ISO hunting. Next up is to go back to actual solving (probs bit tonight because that ISO skim was just exhausting, I don't have any more energy to be productive :P - actual answer is family shit btw)
Show
http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Mhsmith0
Conq: you, sir, are great at being town.
BATMAN: Only jugg was the only one we didn’t scum read at least not me
Quick: There is little to no chance this slot is Power-Wolfing.
SR: I want to give him a day
Life is simply unfair, don't you think?
mhsmith0
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
Balancing Act

Post Post #13202 (ISO) » Tue Jul 18, 2017 3:39 pm

Post by mhsmith0 »

I could also note that no one really seemed to have anything to say on ari beyond "well he's lazy" and yet he was leading, while a seemingly stronger case on wheme (complete with some ACTUALLY taking charge of it and hard pushing) perpetually went nowhere, but obv that's just a window into my headspace as opposed to something that was actually appropriate given thenflips *shrugs*
Show
Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #13203 (ISO) » Tue Jul 18, 2017 3:41 pm

Post by Cerberus v666 »

Yes, I saw those other posts, but I didn't include them because none of the posts I ignored amounted to anything other than you restating that wheme's ISO was empty, or you having an issue with some defense someone made of wheme...but none of it was you actually EXPRESSING A CASE ON THE SLOT, OR EXPLAINING WHY THE BEHAVIORS WERE INDICATIVE OF SCUM.
Insomniacs
Insomniacs
Mafia Scum
Insomniacs
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #13204 (ISO) » Tue Jul 18, 2017 3:44 pm

Post by Insomniacs »

I don't agree with that approach cerb. It seems like an arbitrary boundary, but godspeed in your endeavor. Math thinks Drixx is SK, I've moved to the fence since I expect a slot as insignificant and a waste of space/a gs clear as his would be more apologetic as scum rather than being so cocksure and antagonistic. Am I the only one who feels S&R hasn't gotten any flak all game? I don't really see why they're town.
A hydra of Narna and MathBlade!!
mhsmith0
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
Balancing Act

Post Post #13205 (ISO) » Tue Jul 18, 2017 3:44 pm

Post by mhsmith0 »

You saw literally nothing re I discussed scum indicative behaviors?

Ok so you just dont feel like reading. Fine. I'll just ignore you then. Good to know we've reached a conclusion to this engagement. Progress! :lol:
Show
Insomniacs
Insomniacs
Mafia Scum
Insomniacs
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #13206 (ISO) » Tue Jul 18, 2017 3:45 pm

Post by Insomniacs »

Smith, who are your picks for sk/final scum again?

-Narna
A hydra of Narna and MathBlade!!
mhsmith0
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
Balancing Act

Post Post #13207 (ISO) » Tue Jul 18, 2017 3:48 pm

Post by mhsmith0 »

Considering pv/random as some sort of weird pair, probably a bit more suspicious of random but want to read closer to see if my sense that he's making a weird "anyone but pv" sort of voting push is justified or not.

I'm also curious about the vedith thing and want to look at that slot closer, since I hadn't really paid much attention (fwiw, his defense of me was particularly lazy and in plausible range of scum/sk who doesn't want to be on a wagon that'll go through anyway might do... but that's pretty weakly indicative and I want to see if I can get something better there).
Show
Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #13208 (ISO) » Tue Jul 18, 2017 3:49 pm

Post by Cerberus v666 »

I mean, compare what you were saying about wheme to what's being said about you:

Wheme did these things that I don't like, but I won't tell you why I think those are actions likely to come from scum.

VS.

mhsmith did this, and this, and this, and each of these actions had a directly beneficial effect upon a flipped scum slot.

The first is just bullshit and noise and confirmation bias driven by your setup speculation(and yes, that's EXACTLY what it fucking was, just look at how you found the previous games listing of scum slots, saw wheme's role claim on that list, and tunneled him from that point forward), while the second is something far closer to an actual case for scum beneficial behavior.

pedit: No...what you said did not, at any point, express how those behaviors were scum indicative. Did you even read the posts you quoted? Or are you suggesting that someone else in your ISO you expressed those points?

@Insomniacs: Drixx isn't the SK. Highly improbable. I don't know the experience either of you have with Drixx, but he is absolutely driven as scum. This bullshit nothing guaranteed to be lynched in a 3p lylo playstyle is not something he would do as a SK. Seriously. He's a conniving motherfucker. How does Drixx!SK convert this game state into an actual win? The ONLY shot he could have had would be with a dayvig to skip over actual lylo straight to a win, but given that we have already seen a functional dayvig that almost certainly came from the SK, and it wouldn't have saved him in LYLO, I can't buy that line as probable.
Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #13209 (ISO) » Tue Jul 18, 2017 3:53 pm

Post by Cerberus v666 »

Smith: So I reread what you just quoted, AGAIN, and all I came up with out of it was that you believed he expressed a wishy-washy read, one which could be easily retracted.

Which is basically the same fucking thing as saying that his iso is empty and lacking in substance...
mhsmith0
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
Balancing Act

Post Post #13210 (ISO) » Tue Jul 18, 2017 3:59 pm

Post by mhsmith0 »

I cited a number of things I thought were indicative, even sometimes explained it, and you're like "oooh, smith didn't explain enough". See:

11095, 11122, response to 4548, 4550 (claiming an SR/push on a flipped scum when he actually hadn't done shit on that front), 5950, 11025, and my 11543 (a BEHAVIORAL interpretation of his ACTIONS in the context of his CLAIM to be a differently functioning Miller, which is different than just setup spec)

Meanwhile I kept asking for an actual case on ari, and kept getting rebuffed (and also kept getting disnmissed for poor reason on my wheme push). What in the world do you THINK that town!smith will think in that situation?
Show
Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #13211 (ISO) » Tue Jul 18, 2017 4:02 pm

Post by Cerberus v666 »

Also, @smith:

search.php?author_id=26111&sr=topics

These are my hydra games with Drixx. If you want to actually see me trying. There's also the rather substantial Bloodborne game where I hydra'd with Elbirn, but that's not in there, but just another example of town me actually giving a fuck.

I'd recommend you take a look at SU, Space Dandy II, and the hydra PT's we have(mainly the hydra PT), if you want to have some idea of what me trying actually looks like. You can of course also look at our scum games together, but those aren't really relevant since the discussion is about what behaviors people expect from a fully engaged me.

I can find a couple other hydra games with people too if you'd like. There are also other games in there where we were town, but those two we were around until endgame, and they were large themes as well, rather than being smaller games.

pedit: , , response to , (claiming an SR/push on a flipped scum when he actually hadn't done shit on that front), , , and my (a BEHAVIORAL interpretation of his ACTIONS in the context of his CLAIM to be a differently functioning Miller, which is different than just setup spec)

How hard is it to add that fucking post tag man, I have literally zero desire to search through the f ucking game for those post numbers when you didn't bother adding that tag. *sigh*
mhsmith0
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
Balancing Act

Post Post #13212 (ISO) » Tue Jul 18, 2017 4:03 pm

Post by mhsmith0 »

And so you're left with a case that boils down to "smith was WRONG and therefore scum", which is inherently lazy reasoning, which ought to be obvious on the surface. No real attempt to evaluate the totality of my ISO, or connections with all the scum, etc. just lazy reasoning that has become popular for whatever reason, probably because it's an easy vote to make.

Ps The random quote from like day two you pulled was an especially cheap shot btw, which I rightfully called put, but it seems like you'd missed that point in yiur response?
Show
mhsmith0
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
Balancing Act

Post Post #13213 (ISO) » Tue Jul 18, 2017 4:04 pm

Post by mhsmith0 »

Pps that list were literally items from the spoiled quote above. I guess somehow that was non obvious?
Show
mhsmith0
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
Balancing Act

Post Post #13214 (ISO) » Tue Jul 18, 2017 4:05 pm

Post by mhsmith0 »

Like, if you unspoil it you can see that my comments were literally in order inside that thing. I figured that was obvious but I guess not *shrugs*
Show
Ginngie
Ginngie
Jack of All Trades
Ginngie
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #13215 (ISO) » Tue Jul 18, 2017 4:28 pm

Post by Ginngie »

VOTE COUNT HERE
Shoutout to PJ and Nahdia for making my amazing new avi :)

Following the previous dozen pages that cropped up in the last 10 hours I would like to congratulate Ginngie for being drunk with distinction. - Vi
Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #13216 (ISO) » Tue Jul 18, 2017 4:28 pm

Post by Cerberus v666 »

So, lets break this down.

: That's fucking empty as fuck? "Does this read like a town vote to you?" Okay, yeah, no. If you want me to view that as substantive, you follow that shit up with: No, it's not a town vote, because x y fucking z.
: ??? How is that a scum tell? How is it more likely to be something coming from scum playing poorly, rather than town who simply doesn't know your alignment, and is therefore looking at your posts through the perspective that it could be x if you're scum, or y if you're town?
Response to : ...Again, you're simply saying that his reads aren't substantive. Again. (For the record, i don't understand why you keep bringing up this quote wall like it was somehow some amazing indictment of him, when the OBJECTIVE of the post was for you to discredit my defense of his contributions to the game, NOT to actually express why you thought he was scum)
: True, that was weird. You almost get credit for this, except for the part where you miss that Nero was shot before Wheme even entered the game...which means wheme COULDN'T have attempted to push the slot. Yes, this makes the read etc weird for DIFFERENT reasons, but what you're saying here? It's all bullshit.
: Again, not actually AI in any way? "Townread with no drive behind it" Yeah no. That is definitely not reason to scumread someone, at all. More noise.
: Same with this. He votes Insomniacs, and is sheeping dead flipped town. Okay? Again, how is this scum? You call it another hedgy vote, so...okay. Again, you are, without actually saying it, simply saying that he wasn't actually committing to his reads. Alright, fair enough. Now you just needed to put your big boy pants on, and look at the slots he's hedging on, and figure out if it makes more sense for scum!wheme to be hedging on these slots, to figure out how it benefited him. In your universe, where you had all these associatives built up, you started assuming he was hedging on these people because they were his teammates, but there wa nearly no actual scum indicative behavior you pointed out. There were preflip associatives, AT BEST.

I mean, i guess I should have probably shoved this garbage case attempt down your throat back when you were pushing it, but I just wasn't feeling the game enough at the time. Sorry for making you wait.
Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #13217 (ISO) » Tue Jul 18, 2017 4:32 pm

Post by Cerberus v666 »

In post 13212, mhsmith0 wrote:And so you're left with a case that boils down to "smith was WRONG and therefore scum", which is inherently lazy reasoning, which ought to be obvious on the surface. No real attempt to evaluate the totality of my ISO, or connections with all the scum, etc. just lazy reasoning that has become popular for whatever reason, probably because it's an easy vote to make.

Ps The random quote from like day two you pulled was an especially cheap shot btw, which I rightfully called put, but it seems like you'd missed that point in yiur response?
It's not that you were wrong. That doesn't matter. Again, it's the inconsistency man. When you apply the same standard to different slots, who do not share an alignment, and you end up with differing results, it's questionable. Had you flipped the things around, and defended wheme, and attacked ari, for the lack of content, then I'd be townreading the fuck out of you. However, you did the opposite, and thus I'm scumreading you.

And sure, I haven't evaluated your connections with ALL of the scum because the scum I HAVE looked at reflect poorly on you. If Drixx gets back to me and we do this proper ISOing thing then he'll get around to it, and I'll trust his judgment on the matter. Also, which random quote are you referring to? I pulled out a couple, but they're still relevant. You said it, own up to the shit you said and the positions you held.
Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #13218 (ISO) » Tue Jul 18, 2017 4:37 pm

Post by Cerberus v666 »

So, eh, SlySly you were suspicious of D1, but were also quite willing to hop off his wagon.
A50 you expressed a bit of suspicion of.
Aristophanes and Tywin you defended.
Ginngie you were suspicious of IF wheme flipped bluescum.

Overall, looking at all the scum slots flipped so far, it still doesn't reflect well on you.
Ginngie
Ginngie
Jack of All Trades
Ginngie
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #13219 (ISO) » Tue Jul 18, 2017 4:37 pm

Post by Ginngie »

Vote Count 8.08Mhsmith0 (4/L-3): randomidget, Cerberus v666, Scott and Ramona, Drixx
Vedith (4/L-3): PeregrineV, Gorkington, Vaxkiller, Master Vampire
PeregrineV (3/L-4): Vedith, Insomniacs, Shiro

Not Voting (1):Mhsmith0

With 12 players alive it takes 7 votes to lynch.

Day 8 ends in (expired on 2017-07-23 21:50:35)

Note: Ginngie is now co-mod.
-Narna of Insomniacs is V/LA until further notice.
Shoutout to PJ and Nahdia for making my amazing new avi :)

Following the previous dozen pages that cropped up in the last 10 hours I would like to congratulate Ginngie for being drunk with distinction. - Vi
mhsmith0
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
Balancing Act

Post Post #13220 (ISO) » Tue Jul 18, 2017 4:38 pm

Post by mhsmith0 »

Random old quote
Spoiler:
In post 12862, Cerberus v666 wrote:
In post 5918, mhsmith0 wrote:Some quick reaction/thoughts:
In post 5902, Priscila wrote: Drixx - because he is trying to shade the mason claim
null tho, especially since it semes like he and titus don't get along
Rb - gut, his iso feels fake, he does not seem to care who is lynched
Could buy it. IIRC he's usually more useful as town.
Shiro - does nothing, mocks me for scumreading them
Not really indicative? Could policy lurker lynch there I guess but I'm not srong on it.
TheRealGin-N-Tonics - qualified their defense of me with a discredit, if they are town they leave out the discredit
I think they're town tho; talked about it a fair amount on day 2

Scott and Ramona - they hide in the background
Clarify? They've been posting a lot, and my sense is their content has improved a bit as the game has continued. Am I being too lazy in reading them there?
Socrates - has no real scum reads
Maybe? But I feel like a good chunk of thegame doesn't really have solid scumreads, and I feel like scum would be able to bullshit up at least something semi decent-looking as scumreads, especially in multiball
Aristophanes - does nothing, lurked all game
Plausible
Not Fury - their iso is posturing and shade, they give reads and commentary but no drive to solve the game
I guess I'll probably look at this one to see if I agree when I have some time.
This also doesn't look great for you, how Ginngie is town to you, from early in the game, and Aristo is plausible as scum here, but stops being plausible when he becomes an actual lynch option.

Aftermath
Spoiler:
In post 12867, mhsmith0 wrote:
In post 12862, Cerberus v666 wrote:This also doesn't look great for you, how Ginngie is town to you, from early in the game, and Aristo is plausible as scum here, but stops being plausible when he becomes an actual lynch option.
Wat. Like, you're just randomly pulling ISO quotes or something? Have you traced my logic and thought process or are you just pulling out stuff that vaguely looks bad?
In post 12868, mhsmith0 wrote:I mean I can play that game too
In post 2781, Cerberus v666 wrote:
In post 2778, Titus wrote:PV and Cerb deflecting from SlySly/Tywin.

Titus. Use your words. Please show where I'm deflecting from anything.

Not Fury: You're still ignoring me.
In post 2785, Cerberus v666 wrote:Nobody is conftown. Period.

I don't give a fuck about your role except insofar as you made the mistake of claiming a fucking guilty on someone, DOUBLED DOWN ON THAT GUILTY LATER, and refuse to tell us if you're completely full of shit or not.

Let me rephrase rhe situation: if Sly flips before you clarify, I will start giving a fuck and you WILL be lynched tomorrow. You were already halfway to lynch at some point, and I can take it the rest of the way if you give me cause.

Pedit: nonzero chance you're correct, except it's just as plausible that she's simply scum doing the same thing, and using the "ooh gonna conftown 5 people" thing as a way to put herself front and center while dissuading the other scum team from shooting her.
Wow, these two posts from over a month ago that i TOTALLY put a lot of effort into finding and are DEFINITELY representative of your content and not just half assed quote grabs, look really bad for you. You must be redscum here :roll:
In post 12870, Cerberus v666 wrote:Oh right, because me being wrong about one persons alignment is exactly the same as reacting in a different fashion to the exact dame behavior from two different slots.

And yeah, I was actually looking for your wheme case again, and ran into other shit that made me not care about the wheme thing.
In post 12871, Cerberus v666 wrote:Oh, and it's also exactly the same as me defending scum early, while having an inconsistent read progression on another scum slot,
Show
Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #13221 (ISO) » Tue Jul 18, 2017 4:40 pm

Post by Cerberus v666 »

OH, and a quote note: It's just as ridiculous to think that putting the post numbers of posts within a ridiculous mess of nested quotes is somehow going to make it easier to actually navigate said mess.

pedit: Yeah, that's what I thought you were referencing. I fail to see what issue you have with it. Maybe if you stopped being shit and actually used your words to express the thoughts you have on the quotes you keep throwing out there?
mhsmith0
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
Balancing Act

Post Post #13222 (ISO) » Tue Jul 18, 2017 4:41 pm

Post by mhsmith0 »

In post 13218, Cerberus v666 wrote:Ginngie you were suspicious of IF wheme flipped bluescum.
FYI I also expressed suspicion of ginngie's weird hop onto wheme which was essentially an unexpressed "I don't want to lynch ari" thing relatively late in the day.

I'm pretty sure I'd also cited stuff that was supcious of her not that wasn't fully dependent on a wheme flip, but yeah I expressed it mainly in the context of blue!wheme because that's what it looked like was happening. I can probably pull stuff if you really care I guess.
Show
mhsmith0
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
Balancing Act

Post Post #13223 (ISO) » Tue Jul 18, 2017 4:48 pm

Post by mhsmith0 »

In post 13221, Cerberus v666 wrote:OH, and a quote note: It's just as ridiculous to think that putting the post numbers of posts within a ridiculous mess of nested quotes is somehow going to make it easier to actually navigate said mess.

pedit: Yeah, that's what I thought you were referencing. I fail to see what issue you have with it. Maybe if you stopped being shit and actually used your words to express the thoughts you have on the quotes you keep throwing out there?
I had an opinion at one point, and then like one month later my opinion was different. There's nothing whatsoever indicative on that, it's just a half assed post pulled out of the ether that you decided to use to make me look bad. This is very obviously the case, and I mocked your bullshit by pulling another pair of half-assed quotes that lazy analysis could be used to make YOU look bad instead. Were they the same? No. Were they equally bullshit as the point you were trying to sell? Yes.

I don't really see what's unclear there?
Show
Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #13224 (ISO) » Tue Jul 18, 2017 4:51 pm

Post by Cerberus v666 »

In post 13222, mhsmith0 wrote:
In post 13218, Cerberus v666 wrote:Ginngie you were suspicious of IF wheme flipped bluescum.
FYI I also expressed suspicion of ginngie's weird hop onto wheme which was essentially an unexpressed "I don't want to lynch ari" thing relatively late in the day.

I'm pretty sure I'd also cited stuff that was supcious of her not that wasn't fully dependent on a wheme flip, but yeah I expressed it mainly in the context of blue!wheme because that's what it looked like was happening. I can probably pull stuff if you really care I guess.
The point here is that both you and ginngie had scumreads on one another that were contingent upon something which you, if teammates, would know wasn't going to happen. I'd need to look back at those posts to see your later suspicion, I was mainly looking for the whemerelated stuff, and didn't spend TOO MUCH time on the scum slot stuff.

pedit: I suppose I just don't see how those quotes actually make me look bad, even with lazy analysis. *shrug* So, your point was kinda meaningless to me.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”