Game of Thrones

This forum is for discussion about anything else.
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #4300 (ISO) » Mon Aug 07, 2017 12:11 am

Post by Korts »

In post 4284, AniX wrote:I did.

Spoiler: HYPER-SPOILERS AHEAD
Did you catch the name of the anti-dragon weapon? Qyburn's Scorpion. I wonder if that name has any meaning given the inventor is a poison-savvy guy who was even explicitly lampshaded as poison-savvy last episode...
This makes a distressing amount of sense.
scumchat never die
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4301 (ISO) » Mon Aug 07, 2017 2:55 am

Post by Rhinox »

I really really liked this episode a lot but... not my fav of the series though. I enjoyed ep3 this season more. Compared to some of the other big battle episodes this one was good but I'd still put it behind battle of the blackwater, battle of the bastards, watchers on the wall, and hardhome. I really enjoy the no cut long shot thing they do in battles its kind of becoming a signature of the show, but I think this is the 4th time we've seen it now and I think the first time the focus wasn't Jon. Seemed a little corny with Bronn IMO. Drogon in battle was cool though.

I was kinda worried we weren't going to get an arya reunion. First when she was at the gates, then after when she looked around then disappeared I thought she might decide she didn't belong and run. That was kinda the thing with arya in earlier seasons, every time she would almost get back with her family just to have the rug pulled out.

In the next time on previews, was that a shot of
dany and drogon in front of Jon demanding one final time to bend the knee??
Wraith
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4302 (ISO) » Mon Aug 07, 2017 10:51 am

Post by Wraith »

In post 4289, Hiraki wrote:Image

if you really want to stretch it and say she went around KL, then there's no reason why jaime shouldn't have gotten ambushed
Have we reached peak "stealth teleporting army/fleet" level? Or was Euron's in the last episode even worse?

Like seriously the Dothraki marched across the continent and no one noticed until they were right on top of them. No news or rumors or anything to just basically indicate that this world is realistic. These are DOTHRAKI. Terror should be rapidly spreading across the land as they thoroughly rape and pillage everything in their path. Jorah explicitly advised her to go to Astapor and get Unsullied back in season 3 for this exact reason, and now we've forgotten about it, conveniently just in time for more teleporting bullshit to happen.

Battle was cool, though. The shot and soundtrack when Drogon roared into view legit gave me goosebumps.
Show
"When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a communist." -Helder Camara

"For myself, I want no advantage over my fellow man, and if he is weaker than I, all the more is it my duty to help him." -Eugene Debs

"Our demands most modest are - we only want the earth!" -James Connolly
Fluminator
Fluminator
Mafia Scum
Fluminator
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4303 (ISO) » Mon Aug 07, 2017 11:06 am

Post by Fluminator »

Anyone going to be watching these guys next tv show "confederate"?
Wraith
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4304 (ISO) » Mon Aug 07, 2017 11:08 am

Post by Wraith »

In post 4303, Fluminator wrote:Anyone going to be watching these guys next tv show "confederate"?
I'm split. They haven't handled female characters and gender issues very well on GoT, so I'm exceedingly skeptical how well they will be able to handle race.

On the other hand,
someone
has to fight the fight against Lost Cause bullshit that will inevitably tag along.
Show
"When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a communist." -Helder Camara

"For myself, I want no advantage over my fellow man, and if he is weaker than I, all the more is it my duty to help him." -Eugene Debs

Wraith
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4305 (ISO) » Mon Aug 07, 2017 11:21 am

Post by Wraith »

Oh wow, there was a pretty blatant hole in the writing last episode that I didn't notice at the time but just found out about.

When Arya arrives at the gates of Winterfell, she is told "Lady Stark" currently rules the castle, and asks "Which one?" Yet there are only three possibilities for the identity of "Lady Stark" - Sansa, Catelyn, and Arya herself. Arya was at the Red Wedding and thus knows her mother is dead.
So why is Arya confused as to who is the "Lady Stark" the guards are referring to?
Show

Chevre
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Honourable Mention

Post Post #4306 (ISO) » Mon Aug 07, 2017 12:42 pm

Post by Chevre »

Is that really a hole? I think Arya is just dumbfounded that a Lady Stark could be in charge of Winterfell given the circumstances.
There will be no kisses tonight
There will be no holding hands tonight
'Cause what is now wasn't there before and should not be
chamber
chamber
Cases are scummy
chamber
Cases are scummy
Cases are scummy

Post Post #4307 (ISO) » Mon Aug 07, 2017 1:35 pm

Post by chamber »

I noticed that at the time. It's a huge stretch to call that a plot hole. Shes been out of the north for a long time. Maybe it's someone Jon married for all she knows.
Taking a break from the site.
chamber
chamber
Cases are scummy
chamber
Cases are scummy
Cases are scummy

Post Post #4308 (ISO) » Mon Aug 07, 2017 1:36 pm

Post by chamber »

Would she even know Sansa is in the north?
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4309 (ISO) » Mon Aug 07, 2017 1:48 pm

Post by Rhinox »

In post 4302, Wraith wrote:

if you really want to stretch it and say she went around KL, then there's no reason why jaime shouldn't have gotten ambushed
Have we reached peak "stealth teleporting army/fleet" level? Or was Euron's in the last episode even worse?

Like seriously the Dothraki marched across the continent and no one noticed until they were right on top of them. No news or rumors or anything to just basically indicate that this world is realistic. These are DOTHRAKI. Terror should be rapidly spreading across the land as they thoroughly rape and pillage everything in their path. Jorah explicitly advised her to go to Astapor and get Unsullied back in season 3 for this exact reason, and now we've forgotten about it, conveniently just in time for more teleporting bullshit to happen.

Battle was cool, though. The shot and soundtrack when Drogon roared into view legit gave me goosebumps.
The battle happened near the blackwater outside kings landing.
Cheetory6
Cheetory6
MS Painter
Cheetory6
MS Painter
MS Painter

Post Post #4310 (ISO) » Mon Aug 07, 2017 1:57 pm

Post by Cheetory6 »

In post 4305, Wraith wrote:Oh wow, there was a pretty blatant hole in the writing last episode that I didn't notice at the time but just found out about.
Garbage show cancel it.
Wraith
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4311 (ISO) » Mon Aug 07, 2017 2:20 pm

Post by Wraith »

In post 4307, chamber wrote:I noticed that at the time. It's a huge stretch to call that a plot hole. Shes been out of the north for a long time. Maybe it's someone Jon married for all she knows.
That's actually a decent point.

But the pedantic in me must point out that a wife of Jon Snow, King in the North, would be referred to as "Queen X" and not "Lady Stark"
Show

Wraith
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4312 (ISO) » Mon Aug 07, 2017 2:23 pm

Post by Wraith »

In post 4309, Rhinox wrote:
In post 4302, Wraith wrote:

The battle happened near the blackwater outside kings landing.
How do we know that?

Was this explicitly stated in the show and I just missed it?

Where did those giant rocky plateaus come from? We have never seen them from King's Landing. It is not the terrain near King's Landing. It is nowhere close to the terrain on the map in that very post. Terrain near King's Landing and the Blackwater is heavily forested or flat. This would be a valid question whether or not the battle took place in the Crownlands or the Reach, it is merely more valid because we have never seen similar terrain near King's Landing in the past while we have seen nothing of the Reach.

This explanation doesn't make sense.
Show

chamber
chamber
Cases are scummy
chamber
Cases are scummy
Cases are scummy

Post Post #4313 (ISO) » Mon Aug 07, 2017 4:16 pm

Post by chamber »

Based on the conversation I assumed they were like immediately outside kings landing. There was a report that all the gold had made it to kings landing, presumably part of their supply line. They yell for jaime to run to kings landing at one point. They mention they'll be across the blackwater before nightfall, which I read as the end of the supply line will be.
Claus
Claus
Mafia Scum
Claus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4314 (ISO) » Mon Aug 07, 2017 4:57 pm

Post by Claus »

In post 4292, Hiraki wrote:
In post 4291, Rhinox wrote:They made a point to say the gold made it to KL anyways.
i don't remember that part

either way, you have to wonder what everyone else is doing in westeros if jaime had NO warning about this considering that:

1) this is the first time dothraki are on the continent
2) DRAGON
If this show is pretty consistent about anything last two seasons, it is about "scouts? what is that pffffft".

- Late head sparrow sneaking the king into the Sept last season
- Vale's army sneaking up the King's road last season
- Lannister's army sneaking up High Garden last episode
- Victarion... I mean Euron sneaking up his fleet everywhere
- Sneak ninja Dothraki.

Someone should gift D&D with a book on medieval warfare >_>
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVVmAG0RXmo
Annadog40
Annadog40
Owl of the Night Chat
Annadog40
Owl of the Night Chat
Owl of the Night Chat

Post Post #4315 (ISO) » Mon Aug 07, 2017 5:00 pm

Post by Annadog40 »

Maybe everyone is already dead.
This is my life now

Once you have 100 posts, click here to go to the page to join the speakeasy group.
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #4316 (ISO) » Tue Aug 08, 2017 2:26 am

Post by PJ. »

Y'all watching game of thrones too seriously.

Y'all worried about how the dothraki teleported instead of just appreciating that the fight was legit one of the most anticipated things of the last few seasons, right up there with R+L=J
Sometimes a sandwich is just a sandwich.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #4317 (ISO) » Tue Aug 08, 2017 2:36 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

In post 4305, Wraith wrote:Oh wow, there was a pretty blatant hole in the writing last episode that I didn't notice at the time but just found out about.

When Arya arrives at the gates of Winterfell, she is told "Lady Stark" currently rules the castle, and asks "Which one?" Yet there are only three possibilities for the identity of "Lady Stark" - Sansa, Catelyn, and Arya herself. Arya was at the Red Wedding and thus knows her mother is dead.
So why is Arya confused as to who is the "Lady Stark" the guards are referring to?
good god you will stop at nothing to stretch any little thing into bad writing to prove your point
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #4318 (ISO) » Tue Aug 08, 2017 2:39 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

Yeah I'm rather over the teleporting complaints

Would y'all prefer 6 episodes of Dothraki riding aimlessly around instead of just getting to the actual interesting stuff?
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #4319 (ISO) » Tue Aug 08, 2017 2:45 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

In post 4234, AniX wrote:
In post 4229, xRECKONERx wrote:This marks the beginning of Cersei's downfall.
Team Cersei: **systematically eliminates all enemies of the Crown, with a distinct plan for how to stop the last one**

Reck: "How will Cersei recover? It's all over!"
#tbt
green shirt thursdays
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4320 (ISO) » Tue Aug 08, 2017 2:46 am

Post by Rhinox »

In post 4312, Wraith wrote:Was this explicitly stated in the show and I just missed it?
yup:
In post 4313, chamber wrote:Based on the conversation I assumed they were like immediately outside kings landing. There was a report that all the gold had made it to kings landing, presumably part of their supply line. They yell for jaime to run to kings landing at one point. They mention they'll be across the blackwater before nightfall, which I read as the end of the supply line will be.
You're definitely in the tunnel vision stage of hating the show, where everything is scummy, even when its clearly not.
AniX
AniX
None
UCalled
AniX
None
UCalled
UCalled
Pronoun: None

Post Post #4321 (ISO) » Tue Aug 08, 2017 4:11 am

Post by AniX »

In post 4319, xRECKONERx wrote:
In post 4234, AniX wrote:
In post 4229, xRECKONERx wrote:This marks the beginning of Cersei's downfall.
Team Cersei: **systematically eliminates all enemies of the Crown, with a distinct plan for how to stop the last one**

Reck: "How will Cersei recover? It's all over!"
#tbt
A few dead men are well worth poisoning a dragon.
Official Gimmick List:
INVENTOR OF UPICK!
LORD OF THE 11TH HOUR!
ASEXUAL!
KING SCAR APOLOGIST!
DREAMER OF THE NE0N DREAM (SUPP 2021 LAST PLACE WINNER)!

I have donned the
RED CROWN
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #4322 (ISO) » Tue Aug 08, 2017 4:19 am

Post by Korts »

In post 4313, chamber wrote:Based on the conversation I assumed they were like immediately outside kings landing. There was a report that all the gold had made it to kings landing, presumably part of their supply line. They yell for jaime to run to kings landing at one point. They mention they'll be across the blackwater before nightfall, which I read as the end of the supply line will be.
Yeah. I think a more germane question would be how the Dothraki even got to the mainland in the first place, since both halves of Dany's fleet have now been destroyed - the ships headed toward Dorne, and the ones laying siege to Casterly Rock were I assume most if not all of the ships she had, so unless the Dothraki had been ferried to the shore beforehand, or she flew them in via dragon a handful at a time, I don't see how such a big army could realistically be transported over water.
scumchat never die
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4323 (ISO) » Tue Aug 08, 2017 4:24 am

Post by Rhinox »

I'm pretty sure tyrion said they still had enough ships for the dothraki right before dany cut him off with the "enough with the clever plans" tirade but I'd need to watch again to confirm.
rolandofthewhite
rolandofthewhite
F. the White!
rolandofthewhite
F. the White!
F. the White!

Post Post #4324 (ISO) » Tue Aug 08, 2017 9:44 am

Post by rolandofthewhite »

In post 4300, Korts wrote:
In post 4284, AniX wrote:I did.

Spoiler: HYPER-SPOILERS AHEAD
Did you catch the name of the anti-dragon weapon? Qyburn's Scorpion. I wonder if that name has any meaning given the inventor is a poison-savvy guy who was even explicitly lampshaded as poison-savvy last episode...
This makes a distressing amount of sense.
I just figured Qyburn's scorpion was named after the Roman weapon.
Quiero hacer contigo lo que la primavera hace con los cerezos.

Return to “General Discussion”