Micro 731 | Scumteam UnPick II - Endgame

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #425 (ISO) » Mon Aug 07, 2017 5:29 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

I'll get to this at lunch - was kind of hoping to see more content from King in the meantime but looks like I'm gonna have to take more initiative. I still think S&C/King is the most likely team but I'll put a lot more work in in a bit
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #426 (ISO) » Mon Aug 07, 2017 7:09 am

Post by RadiantCowbells »

GL, would you have wanted to nightkill me over Vic?
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #427 (ISO) » Mon Aug 07, 2017 9:16 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

if I'm scum with either S&C or Kingmaker it seems like I could win by mislynching the other, with bussing my buddy as a viable backup plan for toDay. scum!me would also likely have to consistently project a TR on Vic as I was townreading him all game. So if I killed you over Vic, it doesn't really matter to me who Vic votes on D2, I pitch the S&C/Kings team and if he votes my buddy I bus and if he votes the mislynch I win. Vic was TRing me by play so I don't think he'd vote me today over one of those two.

Seems like pretty much the same plan with you alive if I kill Vic here and TR you, only your TR on me was weaker than his and I could maybe plausibly reverse my TR on you in a pinch if needed as well. It's hard for me to say what exactly I would have done - you're kinda unpredictable which generally makes you more scary but I wouldn't necessarily think the game would be lost if you were alive today - even if I were lynched, my partner could try to frame you for bussing or kill you and try to win the 1v1 against S&C/King. And if my buddy were lynched I think I'd have a fighting chance in any of the GL/S&C/Brie, GL/King/RC, GL/King/Brie 3p LYLOs.

I would have a lot of options to consider so I can't necessarily say I would definitely kill you over Vic. I think it'd be a slightly easier 5p win if I left him alive than if I didn't since we were townreading eachother, but honestly I think I most likely would have killed Brie because a Vic/S&C team would also still be on the table and so the general paranoia between all four of Vic/S&C/King/RC would have given me a lot to work with.
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #428 (ISO) » Mon Aug 07, 2017 9:28 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 420, Scylla and Charybdis wrote:And the next person to vote RC I'll town lock for the next lynch, just because Scum won't be bussing that easily.
this feels to me like scum trying to goad a vote onto the game winning mislynch by baiting town into wanting to prove that they're town. I don't get why town would think like this or say this in 5p LYLO. It's manipulative.
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #429 (ISO) » Mon Aug 07, 2017 9:31 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

I have to go back to work, this lunch break has gone on too long, but my reads are generally like, I want to believe it's just S&C/King but I haven't worked through the "this is too easy" paranoia and I also need to think more about why Vic would be killed instead of me in that world. I'll keep this game in the back of my mind today and post more after work.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #430 (ISO) » Mon Aug 07, 2017 11:02 am

Do you really think if Vic wasn't the nightkill that you would have been the shot over me?
Also I just want to point out something that I thought of: S&C deathtunneling me is probably the best play as scum. Since I'm guaranteed not scum with him if he's clearing me I was cleared anyway.
It also gives him the potential to win without handicapping his win percentage tomorrow by being mostly null indicative with respect to who his partner is (although I will say that if Brie's his partner, this isn't his play.)
And he sorta has to deal with me anyway so why not try to mislynch me before I'm the obligatory nightkill target?

With that in mind I'm gonna UNVOTE: because I don't think I'll have issues lynching S&C today but I don't want to see him selfhammer before I've given town my reads for tomorrow.
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
Scylla and Charybdis
Scylla and Charybdis
Goon
Scylla and Charybdis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #431 (ISO) » Mon Aug 07, 2017 12:10 pm

Post by Scylla and Charybdis »

You still haven't provided evidence to how I play as scum, RC.
If I'm mis lynched, that's down to town being bad, not you being good, lets just get that straight for a start.
You're scum game has dropped greatly imo, and I never thought I'd see you be so stumped on a call out.

-Scylla
TheBrie
TheBrie
Mafia Scum
TheBrie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #432 (ISO) » Mon Aug 07, 2017 12:21 pm

Post by TheBrie »

I'm really liking GL for town here.

Scylla certainly hasn't improved in my estimation. Not only was post 420 manipulative, it doesn't make sense as town. Maybe scum wouldn't have bussed, but that would tend to push them into doing it.

And I can't say anything for King. He hasn't posted, so there's nothing knew to read him on.
Show
Was once the mistress of contingency plans. Finding all the wrong answers along with the right ones since December 2016.

Jingle when I was SK: Wish TB would have won though, she was obvtown.
Silliest line from my best game: But neither of you seem that smart.
As scum: RC could be scum.
Scylla and Charybdis
Scylla and Charybdis
Goon
Scylla and Charybdis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #433 (ISO) » Mon Aug 07, 2017 12:26 pm

Don't worry. I was going to wait until lynching RC, but I'm happy with having you as RC's scum buddy.

You should vote me now, both you and RC, as my reads are spot on here.
Regardless what happens, I read the game well enough to have you both as scum.

GL, just pick either me or RC, I highly doubt you are picking RC over me, but that's more on you than me, so I'm not sure what you would be waiting for here.

-Scylla
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #434 (ISO) » Mon Aug 07, 2017 12:55 pm

In post 431, Scylla and Charybdis wrote:You're scum game has dropped greatly imo, and I never thought I'd see you be so stumped on a call out.
GL and Kings haven't been on together. If you're town you should unvote.
Scylla and Charybdis
Scylla and Charybdis
Goon
Scylla and Charybdis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #435 (ISO) » Mon Aug 07, 2017 1:04 pm

I'm happy with you being Scum.

-Scylla
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #436 (ISO) » Mon Aug 07, 2017 1:32 pm

fmpov you should know that I'm town and you've said several things that indicate that.

If we lose because of your tunnel on me, that's not my problem. You're right: I can see your play here coming from town, but if you're going to vote me anyway then there's no point in me trying to work through that.
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #437 (ISO) » Mon Aug 07, 2017 2:21 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 430, RadiantCowbells wrote:Do you really think if Vic wasn't the nightkill that you would have been the shot over me?
not particularly, but I want to be sure that I'm not alive because scum want me alive for my vote today. if it's King/RC or Brie/RC then my townread on you is pretty valuable, though Vic was also townreading you as well so in the end I don't see that as an especially strong reason to keep me alive over him, and I'm not sure scum!RC would have anticipated a S&C tunnel/vote on him immediately today.

I just need to work through everything in my head before coming to a decision. I like the point you made about S&C's tunnel being optimal play for scum!them as well. I'm starting to get to the point where King's absence is actively making him more and more scummy in my mind
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #438 (ISO) » Mon Aug 07, 2017 2:24 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 431, Scylla and Charybdis wrote:If I'm mis lynched, that's down to town being bad, not you being good, lets just get that straight for a start.
I've seen scum!Vedith pull this "if I'm lynched town is bad" crap before - here
Scylla and Charybdis
Scylla and Charybdis
Goon
Scylla and Charybdis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #439 (ISO) » Mon Aug 07, 2017 10:47 pm

Then vote me, GL.
There is zero reason to drag this game out. RC backing off because I called both Scum. Originally it was less of a risk when I was saying king as his partner because Brie would have still won it from them.

Either we Lynch RC and Brie (both, not just one) or you lynch me.

-Scylla
Scylla and Charybdis
Scylla and Charybdis
Goon
Scylla and Charybdis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #440 (ISO) » Mon Aug 07, 2017 10:50 pm

In post 436, RadiantCowbells wrote:fmpov you should know that I'm town and you've said several things that indicate that.
This makes no sense.
Why would I know you're town from my point if view?
Why does Scum me not kill town you?
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #441 (ISO) » Tue Aug 08, 2017 2:31 am

Perhaps you feel you've been treated unfairly?
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #442 (ISO) » Tue Aug 08, 2017 2:34 am

Be careful not to choke on your aspirations, director.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #443 (ISO) » Tue Aug 08, 2017 2:35 am

Kingmaker is in prod range, fyi.
Scylla and Charybdis
Scylla and Charybdis
Goon
Scylla and Charybdis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #444 (ISO) » Tue Aug 08, 2017 2:38 am

Feel I've been treated unfairly over what?

I have you as both Scum. I'm right and that's why you have been taken back today because you didn't expect it.

Easy money, easy game.

-Scylla
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #445 (ISO) » Tue Aug 08, 2017 2:42 am

In post 439, Scylla and Charybdis wrote:Then vote me, GL.
There is zero reason to drag this game out. RC backing off because I called both Scum. Originally it was less of a risk when I was saying king as his partner because Brie would have still won it from them.
The implication is that if I was scum I'd feel threatened by you: I think that you know full well that's utter bullshit and that you're pushing it hoping that GL doesn't.
In post 439, Scylla and Charybdis wrote:Either we Lynch RC and Brie (both, not just one) or you lynch me.

-Scylla
Empty posturing is boring and you should do something else.
In post 440, Scylla and Charybdis wrote:This makes no sense.
Why would I know you're town from my point if view?
Why does Scum me not kill town you?
You're implying that I'm scum because I'm weakening my position by trying to avoid losing the game by having votes down before I'm ready. You know full well that if I was scum I could just double down and lynch you here, I have no motivation to try to deescalate things and implying that I'm doing it because I'm scared of you is a hilarious joke.

Idk why you don't kill me, but since you're deathtunneling me seems pretty likely that you thought you might score an easy mislynch by abusing paranoia.
Feel I've been treated unfairly over what?

I have you as both Scum. I'm right and that's why you have been taken back today because you didn't expect it.

Easy money, easy game.
If I was scum with TheBrie I literally wouldn't care about any of your posturing because I'd know you're getting lynched today and I'd just win today anyway.
Scylla and Charybdis
Scylla and Charybdis
Goon
Scylla and Charybdis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #446 (ISO) » Tue Aug 08, 2017 2:46 am

In post 445, RadiantCowbells wrote:If I was scum with TheBrie I literally wouldn't care about any of your posturing because I'd know you're getting lynched today and I'd just win today anyway.
We'll see. Maybe So, maybe not.
I'm on Scum, and what you say doesn't make sense with an unvote. If I'm being lynched today and you are okay with that then you would either be Scum or think of me as Scum, and with the unvote and the minor comments of my play being from town etc, I don't believe you think I'm Scum here.

-Scylla
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #447 (ISO) » Tue Aug 08, 2017 2:49 am

In post 446, Scylla and Charybdis wrote:
In post 445, RadiantCowbells wrote:If I was scum with TheBrie I literally wouldn't care about any of your posturing because I'd know you're getting lynched today and I'd just win today anyway.
We'll see. Maybe So, maybe not.
I'm on Scum, and what you say doesn't make sense with an unvote. If I'm being lynched today and you are okay with that then you would either be Scum or think of me as Scum, and with the unvote and the minor comments of my play being from town etc, I don't believe you think I'm Scum here.

-Scylla
If I had to vote right now I would vote you but I'm neither sure enough to want to place my vote down nor willing to risk GL voting and you selfhammering and me getting no say in F3.
Scylla and Charybdis
Scylla and Charybdis
Goon
Scylla and Charybdis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #448 (ISO) » Tue Aug 08, 2017 2:54 am

I've never self hammered as Scum as I consider that throwing 100%.
Why would I change that now?

You even know this. That game where I was Mafia and you was WW I was being lynched 100% and I never hammered.
So it's safe to say if you think I'm Scum you can vote me.

-Scylla
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #449 (ISO) » Tue Aug 08, 2017 3:13 am

Alright then.

VOTE: Scylla

If you're town then I take below zero responsibility for this.

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”