necro
Goon
Goon

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Tue Aug 08, 2017 1:52 pm

Post by necro »

In post 172, Havo wrote:
In post 167, necro wrote:
In post 164, Robbnva wrote:
In post 157, Havo wrote:He's a classic counter puncher.
lol. I think my sig describes me to a tee
I don't know you or that person but it kind of looks like they were more insulting you than anything.

Regarding the other comments: that's not a criticism, it's stating what you're doing. There were other posts to respond to, but the ones you were responding to were just setup speculation rather than things that are sorting the game. In conjunction with the fact that your scumread on Jordarrian seems to be just based on you disagreeing with
their
scumread rather than you explicitly scumreading Jordarrian, yes I think your play so far is pretty shaky.
Just for the record - It was not an insult. Rob and I go way back. He has his own style of playing and he can be wicked good at times. If he's town he's definitely an asset. So i never rush to lynch him. But when he is scum he needs to die like every other scum.
Okay so you have experience with him, that's cool.

What do you think his alignment is here so far?
Robbnva
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Tue Aug 08, 2017 1:58 pm

Post by Robbnva »

I think that first part is missing a post. But you said why you were suspicious of me and I explained what I was doing. I haven't really seen you say if you've accepted me explanation or not. If you haven't than yes you are scum or a bad player.

I don't play to appear town. I don't really care how I look to others.

And I am trying to cooperate with people.
Proudest mafia moment was the greatest unvote in the history of mafiascum.
Havo
Havo
Mafia Scum
Havo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Tue Aug 08, 2017 2:03 pm

Post by Havo »

In post 175, necro wrote:
In post 172, Havo wrote:
In post 167, necro wrote:
In post 164, Robbnva wrote:
In post 157, Havo wrote:He's a classic counter puncher.
lol. I think my sig describes me to a tee
I don't know you or that person but it kind of looks like they were more insulting you than anything.

Regarding the other comments: that's not a criticism, it's stating what you're doing. There were other posts to respond to, but the ones you were responding to were just setup speculation rather than things that are sorting the game. In conjunction with the fact that your scumread on Jordarrian seems to be just based on you disagreeing with
their
scumread rather than you explicitly scumreading Jordarrian, yes I think your play so far is pretty shaky.
Just for the record - It was not an insult. Rob and I go way back. He has his own style of playing and he can be wicked good at times. If he's town he's definitely an asset. So i never rush to lynch him. But when he is scum he needs to die like every other scum.
Okay so you have experience with him, that's cool.

What do you think his alignment is here so far?
At this point it's normal Rob to me.

If I thought he was acting scummy I'd be voting him or at least interacting more directly with him.

Of course that doesn't mean he's clear. It's still early.
Backhand
Backhand
Goon
Backhand
Goon
Goon

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Tue Aug 08, 2017 2:05 pm

Post by Backhand »

In post 172, Havo wrote:

What are you thinking about robb right now, havo? I just played a game with him, and this feels a little less natural to me.

P-Edit: hmmmm ok
Havo
Havo
Mafia Scum
Havo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Tue Aug 08, 2017 2:10 pm

Post by Havo »

In post 166, lovelife wrote:
In post 162, Robbnva wrote:
In post 154, lovelife wrote:Generally I am suspicious of people who seem overly comfortable like Robb and Fykus, however, I think that's just how Fykus plays TBH. Don't know about Robb. I would like to see some real discussion from him about his vote.
Why is it suspicious to you?
It makes me think they know who's a threat and who isn't, unlike a real townsperson who has no idea who's going to stab them in the back.
In post 156, lovelife wrote:
In post 137, Fykus wrote:So LL whats your mafia experience
Just the last game we played together, now this one. That's it.
I think the more you play the more you will get comfortable also. However, I see why you would think this.

VOTE: Unvote
necro
necro
Goon
necro
Goon
Goon

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Tue Aug 08, 2017 2:10 pm

Post by necro »

In post 176, Robbnva wrote:I think that first part is missing a post. But you said why you were suspicious of me and I explained what I was doing. I haven't really seen you say if you've accepted me explanation or not. If you haven't than yes you are scum or a bad player.

I don't play to appear town. I don't really care how I look to others.

And I am trying to cooperate with people.
Not really sure what to make of it really. Your posts seem to be contradicting one another in their meaning at this stage. A post telling me to not make you angry. Another saying, "if you have questions, just ask". And then another claiming that anyone who scumreads you is either a bad player or scum, but that you're also trying to cooperate. Can you explain to me how calling people bad players foster cooperation?

Then on one hand you're saying that you basically just end up scumreading the people who scumread you, but earlier on you made the claim that the reason your posts are not game related is because you are instead observing?

Do you have any observations to share? It seems to me that if you're the kind of player who throws their weight around and gets their scumreads by seeing who scumreads them, that it would be counter-productive to sit back and observe. Right?
Havo
Havo
Mafia Scum
Havo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Tue Aug 08, 2017 2:15 pm

Post by Havo »

In post 178, Backhand wrote:
In post 172, Havo wrote:

What are you thinking about robb right now, havo? I just played a game with him, and this feels a little less natural to me.

I don't have a read on him tbh. I haven't seen anything either way to make me think he's town or scum.

The argument against him ATM is not compelling to me. I see his play so far as normal Rob.
Havo
Havo
Mafia Scum
Havo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Tue Aug 08, 2017 2:24 pm

Post by Havo »

We need some of the low posters to show up.
lovelife
lovelife
Goon
lovelife
Goon
Goon

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Tue Aug 08, 2017 2:26 pm

Post by lovelife »

In post 181, Havo wrote:
In post 172, Havo wrote:

I don't have a read on him tbh. I haven't seen anything either way to make me think he's town or scum.

The argument against him ATM is not compelling to me. I see his play so far as normal Rob.
It's not compelling to me either. Honestly, the main person I'm suspicious of is Jord. The only thing that stopped me from changing my vote to him was his claim that he made an introductory post before reading anything, which is, of course, impossible to prove if this is true or false.
lovelife
lovelife
Goon
lovelife
Goon
Goon

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Tue Aug 08, 2017 2:27 pm

Post by lovelife »

Feigning ignorance is the easiest excuse to make, though, so it didn't really help to lower my suspicions.
Robbnva
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Tue Aug 08, 2017 2:29 pm

Post by Robbnva »

@neceo

For starters I never told you to not to make me angry. Idk if your reading comprehension issues are genuine or fake but that's twice I've had to correct you.

I haven't contradicted myself either. I explained all this already in post 168

I haven't called anyone bad yet so I don't know why you have brought that up again. But to answer your question, if I determine someone is a bad player, I won't be interested in cooperating with them. Like you seem to be trying to twist my words and if you are town you definitely have some reading comprehension issues so I really don't care about working with you ATM.

Yes I'm observing.

My observations right now is I think Jordan is scummy and I think you started "scum reading" me for my comments about the masons and threw other stuff in to make it look better. Sort of looks like you are role fishing tbh.

As for me not "throwing my weight around" I don't really need to justify my play to you.
Havo
Havo
Mafia Scum
Havo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Tue Aug 08, 2017 2:46 pm

Post by Havo »

In post 183, lovelife wrote:
In post 181, Havo wrote:
In post 172, Havo wrote:

It's not compelling to me either. Honestly, the main person I'm suspicious of is Jord. The only thing that stopped me from changing my vote to him was his claim that he made an introductory post before reading anything, which is, of course, impossible to prove if this is true or false.
Jord is interesting right now. Hopefully he shows back soon.
necro
necro
Goon
necro
Goon
Goon

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Tue Aug 08, 2017 2:56 pm

Post by necro »

In post 168, Robbnva wrote:
In post 165, necro wrote:It seems rather confusing to have someone simultaneously say, "don't make me angry" when I ask them questions, and then follow-up with, "if you have questions about my play, just ask".
I think you misunderstood the point I was trying to make. I don't have an issue with somebody asking me to explain myself. But to imply im scummy for having conversations with others will make me angry.

Like the setup thing. Somebody mentioned masons. I honestly don't think we have masons in this setup so I spoke out.

Talking about other sites is just "shooting the shit" killing time. It's not always going to be like that.

I did have an issue with you saying I was calling people bad. I don't think I've done that yet. I don't handle false accusations very well.
You say this post is an explanation, alright let's try that then.

For now you've just been killing time. So does that mean I can expect you to have good content later on then? And if you don't, then what? What's to stop you from making the same excuse next time someone says you're being scummy and your response is that you're just "shooting the shit". When do we hit the changeover point where your play changes from that to actually making game related posts?
necro
necro
Goon
necro
Goon
Goon

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Tue Aug 08, 2017 2:58 pm

Post by necro »

In post 185, Robbnva wrote:@neceo

For starters I never told you to not to make me angry. Idk if your reading comprehension issues are genuine or fake but that's twice I've had to correct you.

I haven't contradicted myself either. I explained all this already in post 168

I haven't called anyone bad yet so I don't know why you have brought that up again. But to answer your question, if I determine someone is a bad player, I won't be interested in cooperating with them. Like you seem to be trying to twist my words and if you are town you definitely have some reading comprehension issues so I really don't care about working with you ATM.

Yes I'm observing.

My observations right now is I think Jordan is scummy and I think you started "scum reading" me for my comments about the masons and threw other stuff in to make it look better. Sort of looks like you are role fishing tbh.

As for me not "throwing my weight around" I don't really need to justify my play to you.
Sure, but you're already voting Jordarrian.

So you're saying that you won't cooperate with a town player if you deem them to be bad, which pretty much just seems to depend on whether or not they scumread you. Where am I twisting your words? I'm simply restating the things that you're saying, so if there's a contradiction you might want to be a little bit clearer about things then :)
CloudKicker
CloudKicker
Jack of All Trades
CloudKicker
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Tue Aug 08, 2017 3:24 pm

Post by CloudKicker »

In post 124, Havo wrote:
In post 123, Robbnva wrote:
In post 114, CloudKicker wrote:Maybe theyre mason
Doubt it
Highly.
I just tried to be funny
Cloud is such a clown....prob a town clown, but clown none-the-less - IAI
Robbnva
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Tue Aug 08, 2017 3:25 pm

Post by Robbnva »

In post 187, necro wrote:For now you've just been killing time. So does that mean I can expect you to have good content later on then? And if you don't, then what? What's to stop you from making the same excuse next time someone says you're being scummy and your response is that you're just "shooting the shit". When do we hit the changeover point where your play changes from that to actually making game related posts?
well "good" is always subjective especially in my case but yes, once I get stronger reads you will definitely see me posting more and pushing harder.

I can't tell you what to do if I don't live up to your expectations of how I should play, but know that I am not sitting here worried about your expectations.
In post 188, necro wrote:So you're saying that you won't cooperate with a town player if you deem them to be bad, which pretty much just seems to depend on whether or not they scumread you. Where am I twisting your words? I'm simply restating the things that you're saying, so if there's a contradiction you might want to be a little bit clearer about things then
Well I won't really know who is town or not until they flip, but there are many reasons why I won't work with somebody. Scum reading me isn't the only thing. I have ignored players who give bad mafia theory, I have ignored people who have a shitty attitude, I have ignored people who ask redundant questions, I will always ignore people who blatantly lie especially if they don't admit their mistake when proven wrong.
In post 180, necro wrote:Your posts seem to be contradicting one another in their meaning at this stage. A post telling me to not make you angry. Another saying, "if you have questions, just ask". And then another claiming that anyone who scumreads you is either a bad player or scum, but that you're also trying to cooperate. Can you explain to me how calling people bad players foster cooperation?
this is you twisting my words imo.

I never said asking me questions would make me angry. That is actually part of why I do the things I do. I WANT people to interact with me. What I don't want though is people to just attack me without trying to understand my thought process. That doesn't read like a townie mindset and that is why I end up scum reading people who scum read me.

The whole bad player/cooperation thing also feels like twisting. Especially since I haven't called anyone bad yet. In the end I won't be able to cooperate with everyone, hell given my history in the end I probably won't end up being able to cooperate with anyone but let's see how things go.
Tchill13
Tchill13
Survivor
Tchill13
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Tue Aug 08, 2017 3:35 pm

Post by Tchill13 »

In post 139, Fykus wrote:Speaking of tchill, where is he?
Tchill is here. This day 1 seems a little strange. There's not a stupid wagon on someone by page 5.
CloudKicker
CloudKicker
Jack of All Trades
CloudKicker
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Tue Aug 08, 2017 3:40 pm

Post by CloudKicker »

VOTE: sof
lovelife
lovelife
Goon
lovelife
Goon
Goon

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Tue Aug 08, 2017 3:41 pm

Post by lovelife »

In post 191, Tchill13 wrote:
Tchill is here. This day 1 seems a little strange. There's not a stupid wagon on someone by page 5.
Not for lack of trying. lol
Robbnva
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Tue Aug 08, 2017 3:41 pm

Post by Robbnva »

I was hoping one would have formed on Jordan. He was scummy enough but it stalled for some reason. He also seemed to come out agreessive early and but has stalled since. I feel like possible scum trying to lay low now.
CloudKicker
CloudKicker
Jack of All Trades
CloudKicker
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Tue Aug 08, 2017 3:42 pm

Post by CloudKicker »

Is anyone goong to ask me to justify my naked votes or i can just keep doin it
CloudKicker
CloudKicker
Jack of All Trades
CloudKicker
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Tue Aug 08, 2017 3:43 pm

Post by CloudKicker »

Hey black bear, why didnt you ask qhy i voted you
Jordarrian
Jordarrian
Goon
Jordarrian
Goon
Goon

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Tue Aug 08, 2017 3:48 pm

Post by Jordarrian »

In post 155, Robbnva wrote:
In post 151, Jordarrian wrote:
In post 75, Robbnva wrote:neither of those things are good reasons to scum read somebody. I don't think he was serious about the wagoning somebody. Sheep voting certainly isn't scummy and it definitely isn't alignment indicative.
Ironically the exact opposite of your logic was used on you.

Honestly I just can't see how sheep voting is completely NAI.
I don't really care about diving into mafia theory right now but I can think of 4 examples of when it's not AI. I feel like you should know at least 2/3 of them and you acting like you don't just supports my thinking you could be scum.
I'm not from this site so I don't know much about how you guys do your stuff
Havo
Havo
Mafia Scum
Havo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Tue Aug 08, 2017 3:49 pm

Post by Havo »

In post 195, CloudKicker wrote:Is anyone goong to ask me to justify my naked votes or i can just keep doin it
I have no problem with naked votes on day 1.
Tchill13
Tchill13
Survivor
Tchill13
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Tue Aug 08, 2017 3:51 pm

Post by Tchill13 »

In post 194, Robbnva wrote:
I was hoping one would have formed on Jordan. He was scummy enough but it stalled for some reason. He also seemed to come out agreessive early and but has stalled since. I feel like possible scum trying to lay low now.
In post 195, CloudKicker wrote:Is anyone goong to ask me to justify my naked votes or i can just keep doin it

So what are the odds cloudkicker is scum based on the fact these 2 posts came back to back?

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”