Newbie 1815: Prisons [Endgame]

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators.
Ciara24
Ciara24
Goon
Ciara24
Goon
Goon

Post Post #325 (ISO) » Wed Aug 16, 2017 3:40 am

Post by Ciara24 »

I'm not familiar with Paul's play so can't comment as to whether or not this is usual town/scum play. I'll have a look at some of his past games later if I have time.
Ciara24
Ciara24
Goon
Ciara24
Goon
Goon

Post Post #326 (ISO) » Wed Aug 16, 2017 3:42 am

Post by Ciara24 »

I'll read through skitter's points regarding other players properly later, but at the moment it looks like an awful lot of reaching and misreading (whether intentional or not).
DoctorPepper
DoctorPepper
Coca-Cola
DoctorPepper
Coca-Cola
Coca-Cola

Post Post #327 (ISO) » Wed Aug 16, 2017 4:16 am

Post by DoctorPepper »

I know that Skitter is almost certainly conftow but your reads and reasoning are way off
Show
Keep calm and Drink Dr Pepper :)

Quarantine is driving me crazy :(

Get to know a Pepper!!!
osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he/him/his

Post Post #328 (ISO) » Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:01 am

Post by osuka »

@ciara: this doesn't feel like obvtown paul; i've played with town paul
at least
once and this doesn't quite feel like it, but i wouldn't be too quick to single him out as scum. Paul is a weird read to me sometimes

i agree with half of skitter's wall but she could be doing better, I guess? I get where most of what she says is coming from but eh

aphix kinda pings me. Reads town but something feels off, he'd be the kinda town that would be scum on weekends or something

"I would also like to reiterate my claim that Osuka is sort of obviously town" - rc about scumsuka
"don't tell anyone, but there's a reason why you're one of my favourite people to mod for" - datisi
aphix
aphix
Mafia Scum
aphix
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #329 (ISO) » Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:42 am

Post by aphix »

In post 328, osuka wrote:@ciara: this doesn't feel like obvtown paul; i've played with town paul
at least
once and this doesn't quite feel like it, but i wouldn't be too quick to single him out as scum. Paul is a weird read to me sometimes

i agree with half of skitter's wall but she could be doing better, I guess? I get where most of what she says is coming from but eh

aphix kinda pings me. Reads town but something feels off, he'd be the kinda town that would be scum on weekends or something
Care to fence sit on a few other slots and fish for someone else to start a wagon?
osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he/him/his

Post Post #330 (ISO) » Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:43 am

Post by osuka »

you're a funny guy aphix

I'm fairly confident that you're town and I'm fairly confident that paul is town but I'm also fairly confident that jae is town, I think dp is probably town, and so on and so forth

i have too many townreads because i took everything at face value, so I'm taking a step back and looking at everything again with much more cynical eyes, hence the new read on you and paul being "towny but i'm willing to push". Tatters is a mixed bag right now.

my two strongest townreads by far are jae and paul, but as I said paul is acting different than he was the other times I've played with him, so i'm probably gonna take a closer look at his iso later today and see if anything jumps at me. I think you're town but I'm suspicious of you for no reason other than gut, unless you count the fact that icibalus was super weird - though i'm willing to let that go since you're townier than he was.

skitter is obvious conftown since he claimed bp and nobody cc'd. add that to the fact that nobody died n1, and you have your bp right there (which may or may not die n2, but he's now a conf vt for game purposes)

"I would also like to reiterate my claim that Osuka is sort of obviously town" - rc about scumsuka
"don't tell anyone, but there's a reason why you're one of my favourite people to mod for" - datisi
JaeReed
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #331 (ISO) » Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:50 am

Post by JaeReed »

Will be here later tonight. Need to reread while I think on who makes that shot.
"Jae defends his townreads like a fanatic" - Charloux
"On the issue of myself they go back and forth between overpowering paranoia and absolute certainty I'm town... it's kind of exhausting." - Nahdia
NotTheRealPaul
NotTheRealPaul
Mafia Scum
NotTheRealPaul
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #332 (ISO) » Wed Aug 16, 2017 11:20 am

Post by NotTheRealPaul »

In post 327, DoctorPepper wrote:I know that Skitter is almost certainly conftow but your reads and reasoning are way off
NotTheRealPaul
NotTheRealPaul
Mafia Scum
NotTheRealPaul
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #333 (ISO) » Wed Aug 16, 2017 11:23 am

Post by NotTheRealPaul »

meta = shit

my meta changes based off players. with this game i'll prob be more active than normal and more aggressive than normal but really depends on how skitters plays.

essentially if there are a lot of strong players i stay in the back and mostly sheep but i get more aggressive if there arent many strong players. i prefer the former over the latter as it ends better.
NotTheRealPaul
NotTheRealPaul
Mafia Scum
NotTheRealPaul
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #334 (ISO) » Wed Aug 16, 2017 11:25 am

Post by NotTheRealPaul »

is it me or when i click post links from skitters post it takes me to page one.

is this a phoneposting glitch?
NotTheRealPaul
NotTheRealPaul
Mafia Scum
NotTheRealPaul
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #335 (ISO) » Wed Aug 16, 2017 11:26 am

Post by NotTheRealPaul »

In post 326, Ciara24 wrote:I'll read through skitter's points regarding other players properly later, but at the moment it looks like an awful lot of reaching and misreading (whether intentional or not).
ya if not for the bp claim id sr the slot.

idk why no read on jae bcuz imo he has made decent content when he has been on, and he was more active than mist behind osuka and me
NotTheRealPaul
NotTheRealPaul
Mafia Scum
NotTheRealPaul
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #336 (ISO) » Wed Aug 16, 2017 11:28 am

Post by NotTheRealPaul »

fearless 5 posts in a row.

not much too respond to in skitters points. i mean, seems she thinks im not genuine or some gut feeling? i mean sorry ur gut is off?
NotTheRealPaul
NotTheRealPaul
Mafia Scum
NotTheRealPaul
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #337 (ISO) » Wed Aug 16, 2017 11:36 am

Post by NotTheRealPaul »

52 was me tryna push us out of rvs by piling some votes onto osuka to try to get somewhere. like if u keep all ur voted all over the place u wont really go anywhere.

72 i voted jae cuz he said to vote someone else since i tred osuka. so i voted hom cuz i didnt tr him bcuz 1. i was feeling kinda sassy (does that make sense?) 2. wanted to see if he'd react someway

121 madtatters was ignoring bp claim which is antitown. it was mostly to get him to cooperate.

263 already knew it was kinda reachy thus why i said it might be reachy when i made the post. i dont see how this is a valid point because i acknowledged it might be reachy. i do this a lot and ik ive done stuff where i ask others about an idea that popped up knowing it might be reachy.
NotTheRealPaul
NotTheRealPaul
Mafia Scum
NotTheRealPaul
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #338 (ISO) » Wed Aug 16, 2017 11:51 am

Post by NotTheRealPaul »

Alright aphix I went back and reread.

u went from super against a MWAP lynh to fine with it.

In between MWAP had a retarded argument with osuka over rl shit and jae even supported u while dp said it was a clear policy lynch.

HOW THE FUCK DOES THAT CHANGE UR MIND.

voting MWAP for not producing content at that point is shitty. like if u didnt like his lack of content and that was why he becme a policy lynch to u then why didnt u vote him earlier with us? like ntohing really changed in his posts (contentwise they were still zero) so i dont see why he is now a policy lynch.

past that, jae even supported u, and while dp didnt, he wasnt exactly a strong force pushing for it.

like wtf am i not seeing. there is nothing in there that shoulda changed ur firm anti-lynch stance on MWAP. like his behavior didnt change and u even had ppl agreeing with u.
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #339 (ISO) » Wed Aug 16, 2017 11:57 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 325, Ciara24 wrote:I'm not familiar with Paul's play so can't comment as to whether or not this is usual town/scum play. I'll have a look at some of his past games later if I have time.
We played both of our newbies together. In 1787, I was scum, and he was painfully obvious newbtown. Still not sure why he got lynched there tbh. In 1797, we were both town, and he was my top townread for most of the game. He did something anti-town in the beginning of the game, and got tunneled for it repeatedly. I spent a ridiculous amount of time talking people out of that tunnel like four times, which led him to become universally townread. I know his towngame. This isn't it.

In post 333, NotTheRealPaul wrote:meta = shit

my meta changes based off players. with this game i'll prob be more active than normal and more aggressive than normal but really depends on how skitters plays.

essentially if there are a lot of strong players i stay in the back and mostly sheep but i get more aggressive if there arent many strong players. i prefer the former over the latter as it ends better.
Paul, you and I both know that I know your meta. I correctly read you in Space based on meta even though I never had to read you before. I'm not scumreading you for your aggressiveness. I'm scumreading you because your tone is off and you're not interacting with me the way town!Paul does. Town!Paul is *very* paranoid of me. Town!Paul sheeps me despite that. Town!Paul does not insta-scumread me after that wallpost.

There's no paranoia here. Instead, you're attempting to buddy me and to discredit what I'm saying (, , , ). Like, you admitted I'm basically conf!town. You admitted I'm good as town, and I know you value the input of town!me. You're just handwaving away everything I say, which is not a thing town!Paul ever does, even when I'm not basically conf!town.
In post 335, NotTheRealPaul wrote:ya if not for the bp claim id sr the slot.
Yeah, I'm calling BS on this. Why?

This isn't town!Paul. I am very happy with my vote.
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #340 (ISO) » Wed Aug 16, 2017 11:58 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 327, DoctorPepper wrote:I know that Skitter is almost certainly conftow but your reads and reasoning are way off
Yeah, I know I can't really read you based off of meta (Um, sorry about that). But I've explained exactly why I don't like your posts. If you think I'm wrong, tell me why so we can talk about it.
NotTheRealPaul
NotTheRealPaul
Mafia Scum
NotTheRealPaul
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #341 (ISO) » Wed Aug 16, 2017 12:19 pm

Post by NotTheRealPaul »

lol

two and a half all with different playstyles and u know my meta

why would i be paranoid? ur predecessor claimed bp.

oh god skitters start making sense plz

not to mention why do u think i cant tell ur meta based off our time toegther. cant talk about ongoing games but im pretty sure i could tell.

id sr u because ur reads are C. R. A. P.

atleast on me and jae (ya ik u have no read u should imo)

also interacting with u. im not being as nice *shrug* . and i dont sr u i think ur reads are bad (that is their reasoning) and i would had ur slot not claimed bp.
NotTheRealPaul
NotTheRealPaul
Mafia Scum
NotTheRealPaul
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #342 (ISO) » Wed Aug 16, 2017 12:21 pm

Post by NotTheRealPaul »

i hardwaved because the stuff on me is baaaaad and gut based and the other bit is like 2/3 still rvs

like what the fuxk u want me to respond to. oh ur gut thinks im off? sorry? im town. like there isnt anything to say there. i responded to rest as well.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #343 (ISO) » Wed Aug 16, 2017 12:29 pm

Post by Alisae »

VOTE COUNT 2 . 15
  • aphix
    ---------- 1 ( NotTheRealPaul )
    L- 4

NotTheRealPaul
    - 1 ( Skitter30 )
    L- 4

Not Voting
    ----- 6 ( Ciara24, osuka, JaeReed, DoctorPepper, aphix, madtatters )
With 9 alive, it takes 5 to Lynch
Deadline is in (expired on 2017-08-29 19:41:35)
FOS COUNT 2 . 15
  • NotTheRealPaul
    - 1 ( Skitter30 )

Not FoS'ing
    ---- 7 ( JaeReed, Madtatters, osuka, aphix, Ciara24 )
With 9 alive, it takes 5 to Lynch
Deadline is in (expired on 2017-08-29 19:41:35)
Last edited by Alisae on Wed Aug 16, 2017 2:36 pm, edited 3 times in total.
GTKAS
| here.
NotTheRealPaul
NotTheRealPaul
Mafia Scum
NotTheRealPaul
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #344 (ISO) » Wed Aug 16, 2017 12:50 pm

Post by NotTheRealPaul »

why does it say lynch nexts to aphix? im only one voting him....

<
<
I
h
a
v
e
i
d
e
a
w
h
a
t
y
o
u
a
r
e
t
a
l
k
i
n
g
a
b
o
u
t
:roll:
~
F
i
x
e
d
~

-
A
l
i
>
>
aphix
aphix
Mafia Scum
aphix
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #345 (ISO) » Wed Aug 16, 2017 1:11 pm

Post by aphix »

VOTE: NTRP

I agree with a gut reading this as off. I don't know NTRP, but there is super weirdness in his post. Lets see where this goes.
NotTheRealPaul
NotTheRealPaul
Mafia Scum
NotTheRealPaul
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #346 (ISO) » Wed Aug 16, 2017 1:35 pm

Post by NotTheRealPaul »

yup dont respond to my posts just say gut and wierd and ongus while admitting u dont know what my normal is
aphix
aphix
Mafia Scum
aphix
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #347 (ISO) » Wed Aug 16, 2017 1:38 pm

Post by aphix »

In post 346, NotTheRealPaul wrote:yup dont respond to my posts just say gut and wierd and ongus while admitting u dont know what my normal is
What's there to respond to? You clearly can't comprehend what was happening at that point of the game and instead think you'll get support for another easy mislynch. Also not omgus(I at least assume that's what you were going for), but good try.
NotTheRealPaul
NotTheRealPaul
Mafia Scum
NotTheRealPaul
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #348 (ISO) » Wed Aug 16, 2017 2:00 pm

Post by NotTheRealPaul »

lolololol

gonna be a fun game

:D

stop refusing to explain. i even went and read back for u and im still confused. pretedn im an idot. heck u dont even have to pretend, just explain what about the in between posts changed ur mind. like i dont see whats so hard.
NotTheRealPaul
NotTheRealPaul
Mafia Scum
NotTheRealPaul
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #349 (ISO) » Wed Aug 16, 2017 2:02 pm

Post by NotTheRealPaul »

and im not pushing u. yet. xD

if i was pushing i might ask osuka to vote. im just tryna force u to explain ur thoughts. i hoped my vote would pressure u. i mean rn i think ur vote on MWAP was the crappiest with madtatters being a close second. DP's wasnt good but its a far third.

if i were guessing scum u'd two are at top of my list for ur votes.idk what to make of jae staying off yet. im not a fan of it but it could jut be town disagreeing with the lynch even though i dont get why.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”