cd
cd
Goon
cd
Goon
Goon

Post Post #275 (ISO) » Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:05 pm

Post by cd »

In post 272, Draynth wrote:Welcome CD, I see you are scumreading Adilm. Are you scumreading anyone else? Are you townreading anyone in particular?
Also just addressing your last point in , don't you think it's plausible that Adilm would A) google what the terms meant after no-one directly answered him? After all he uses the terms over 70 posts later. B) GreyIce kind of addresses what 'scum' means in his opening IC post, I'd say that was enough to either work out what scumread meant or to then be prompted to find out for himself. The fact that you're scumreading him for this feels scummy to me. Seems like you think he is scum and are finding evidence to support that theory instead of the other way around
I'll need to read the thread over one last time to give you my exact scum-reads since I feel I've focused a bit too much on adilm/Gorny, but currently I don't have any other scum-reads.

Not town-reading anyone in particular right now, no. I did have a slight town read on Aster for having the same initial thoughts that I had about adilm, but it's not strong at all.

I do think it's very plausible that he figured it out on his own. But, my main concern about all that was the fact that he needed to ask what "scum" and "scum-reads" were. Again, it seems like something that is very obvious and doesn't need to be asked.

If he played mafia previously (which he did), do you think he would always say "I think this person is mafia", "I mafia-read this person", "I'm suspicious of X" or similar things, as opposed to saying "I scum-read this person" when he thought someone was mafia? I've never played mafia before where someone didn't know what "scum-reads" were, it's like one of the things you first learn when you start playing mafia.

I do have a tendency to scum-read people who are new to the game* and that ask unnecessary obvious questions which is why I'm not currently voting him.

* Yes, he does claim to have played mafia before, just not forum. But to me, he's coming across as someone who's entirely new with his questions like "why are roles shown under names" which if anyone played mafia before they would know that roles being secret is rule #1. And, questions like "what are scum-reads" when it's one of the most basic and most used line in mafia. That's why I don't think those questions with his previous experience (which is apparently 10-15 games) adds up.
cd
cd
Goon
cd
Goon
Goon

Post Post #276 (ISO) » Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:52 pm

Post by cd »

I'm actually fairly confident on Gorny being scum at this point. He seems to be asking way too many questions and just fillering in the background as much as he can.

In , he manages to asks 5 questions in a 38 words post.

All of these are back-and-forth filler with mostly MotherGothel: , , , , , and .

More filler: (last line) and .

In where he announces his reads, a lot of them make next-to-no-sense.

His read on MotherGothel:
In post 100, Gorny wrote:MotherGothel28:

Seems kind of new town. At the moment she's only responding to questions and slightly following discussion, agreeing with some points. She's not (yet) offering up any thoughts of her own on an independent basis.

She seemed to agree with my which was a light hearted joke about who is scum teams based on the first letters of people's name. Though she may have agreed with it because it leaves her off the scum team, seems convenient is she's scum?

Random vote of Aster in - this doesn't really mean much. Her is NAI in my opinion. Her seems to think adlim is town. Hmmm...

The rest of her posts up to don't add much game related. Though in her she seems to have taken a liking to me. Not sure how to take this.
He just seems to be all-over-the-place with this. He starts it by saying "seems kind of new town", yet doesn't really point out how she's town in any way. Most of the posts he's linking to are purely filler and they don't contain anything telling. And to top it all off, he ends it by saying:
In post 100, Gorny wrote:***Im null here. Not sure if she's town, or scum. based off her agreeing with my but who knows.***
And, at the bottom of his post where he states his S->W reads, he has MotherGothel as:
In post 100, Gorny wrote:MotherGothel28 (Null/possible scum lean)
So, MotherGothel went from "kind of new town" to "null" to "null/possible scum" within the same post.

He did the exact same thing for FrozenMagpie (person I replaced into):
In post 100, Gorny wrote:FrozenMagpie:

Initially (up to post ) null. With he pokes a bit at FancyPants .

Another null but slight town read.
And in his S->W reads:
In post 100, Gorny wrote:FrozenMagpie (Null/possible scum lean)
So again, I went from a "null but slight town-read" to a "null/possible scum" within the same post.

He does re-adjust his reads in post , but I think it's very telling that in the same post he had two conflicting reads on two different people.

VOTE: Gorny
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #277 (ISO) » Sat Aug 19, 2017 12:27 am

Post by Xalxe »

Vote Count 1.7

Today is sponsored by Chex Brand Cereal. Everything that happens in the entire world. Chex: We are at fault here.

GreyICE (3)
: MotherGothel28, Aster, adilm29h
FancyPants (2)
: Draynth, Gorny
Gorny (2)
: FancyPants, cd
MotherGothel28 (1)
: GreyICE
Draynth (1)
: Xa ligha

Not Voting
:

With 9 alive, it's 5 to lynch.
Deadline
: (expired on 2017-08-25 17:33:16)
"I, too, would prefer to know the Xalxe of my demise." - Felissan, 2022
- On this day in history: mundanity, and terror, and food, and love, and trees -
adilm29h
adilm29h
Goon
adilm29h
Goon
Goon

Post Post #278 (ISO) » Sat Aug 19, 2017 2:10 am

Post by adilm29h »

In post 275, cd wrote:
In post 272, Draynth wrote:Welcome CD, I see you are scumreading Adilm. Are you scumreading anyone else? Are you townreading anyone in particular?
Also just addressing your last point in , don't you think it's plausible that Adilm would A) google what the terms meant after no-one directly answered him? After all he uses the terms over 70 posts later. B) GreyIce kind of addresses what 'scum' means in his opening IC post, I'd say that was enough to either work out what scumread meant or to then be prompted to find out for himself. The fact that you're scumreading him for this feels scummy to me. Seems like you think he is scum and are finding evidence to support that theory instead of the other way around
I'll need to read the thread over one last time to give you my exact scum-reads since I feel I've focused a bit too much on adilm/Gorny, but currently I don't have any other scum-reads.

Not town-reading anyone in particular right now, no. I did have a slight town read on Aster for having the same initial thoughts that I had about adilm, but it's not strong at all.

I do think it's very plausible that he figured it out on his own. But, my main concern about all that was the fact that he needed to ask what "scum" and "scum-reads" were. Again, it seems like something that is very obvious and doesn't need to be asked.

If he played mafia previously (which he did), do you think he would always say "I think this person is mafia", "I mafia-read this person", "I'm suspicious of X" or similar things, as opposed to saying "I scum-read this person" when he thought someone was mafia? I've never played mafia before where someone didn't know what "scum-reads" were, it's like one of the things you first learn when you start playing mafia.

I do have a tendency to scum-read people who are new to the game* and that ask unnecessary obvious questions which is why I'm not currently voting him.

* Yes, he does claim to have played mafia before, just not forum. But to me, he's coming across as someone who's entirely new with his questions like "why are roles shown under names" which if anyone played mafia before they would know that roles being secret is rule #1. And, questions like "what are scum-reads" when it's one of the most basic and most used line in mafia. That's why I don't think those questions with his previous experience (which is apparently 10-15 games) adds up.
On the basis of Mafia, No i do not know what scum read is. When we play Mafia in real life, we just choose someone as mafia, based on the small signs such as how jittery they are, or if they are acting different from how they usually do. I have never heard scum read till here. But once playing the forum more, i pretty much figured out scum meant mafia, and scum read means you think someone is acting mafia, which is pretty basic and easy to catch on without someone telling me. Also to be honest i didn't google. Because I already googled soo much about forum Mafia, as it is different to real life Mafia I play. We play it pretty simple, as there are soo many new and different rules with forum mafia. and plus I did say this person is 'Mafia' in my early threads, but as soon as i saw people using scum/scum read, I thought i'd give it a shot in using those particular terms. As there are soo many terms you guys use that i do not understand such as OMGUS etc..
And plus just on the basis of me asking a few questions, i'm suddenly read as scum according to Aster and GreyIce and You.
In what world is asking a few newbie questions, scummy. Vs Someone losing their temper and adding hostile language as well as profanity not seem as scum.
I find it very interesting how people come up with theories for certain people, that if they do something it can seem town, backing them up and teaming up with them, but however if i ask a question it is supposed to be more scum than townie?
Aster
Aster
Goon
Aster
Goon
Goon

Post Post #279 (ISO) » Sat Aug 19, 2017 12:06 pm

Post by Aster »

I'm going to have to agree with cd about adilm at all points except the one about adilm being unfamilar with terms as "scum" and "scumread". I would find it very believable that adilm's real-life games use vastly different terminology, but that does not cover his many other very unbelievable claims.

Let's think back. In order for adilm29h not to be a lying bastard, all of the following would have to be true:
  • Adilm does not have any experience on any forum that uses a title system;
  • Despite having played over 10 games before, he does humour the possibility that having everyone's roles public was intentional. In fact, he asked confidently asking
    why
    the roles are public instead of
    whether
    the roles are public, pretending that he actually believed the titles to be the real roles;
  • He knew that FancyPants was titled "goon" by means of title, but made up a wholly different reason for voting him;
  • In fact, he claims that the title "goon" was not a reason to vote FancyPants at all (267), while in the same post claiming that he had no clue that the names meant nothing at all (remember him asking
    why
    and not
    whether
    ?)
  • Despite knowing that FancyPants and Gorny were the goon team by means of title, he did not even try to lynch both of them ("free win");
  • Despite knowing that Gorny was a goon, he thinks it is nonetheless scummy for FancyPants to gang up on Gorny amongst others;
  • Despite having played 10-15 games before, he claims to know barely any tactics to tackling this game (124);
  • Despite the above point, he still seems confident that scumtells like "active players are scum" and "rude players are scum" are sane.
I'd also like to remark that adilm's definition of "power role" has apparently changed between post 191 ("Power role meaning strong voice") and post 274 ("By power role I meant he is a Mafia"). This fits a common pattern for him to say things without thinking and only when somebody calls him out on it, he makes up a story about what he meant. The same thing happened when he got called out on his reason to vote FancyPants.

In addition to the whole case about him being a liar, his scumhunting "attempts" just give me the vibe that he's only trying to push suspicion away from him. For example, he says
In post 278, adilm29h wrote:In what world is asking a few newbie questions, scummy. Vs Someone losing their temper and adding hostile language as well as profanity not seem as scum.
This is what I call the "scumminess syndrome". It involves calling certain actions "scummy" without thinking about why mafiae would be more predisposed to do these scummy actions in this thread than townies. It is a handy trick for mafiae because by just stating "action X is scummy" you can appear to just make factual statements without even having to think about what is going on. I got the same impression when he just decided to call "active players are scummy" without any further scumread. Also when he accused MotherGothel, all his arguments were taken from something somebody else already stated; I think he was trying to shift attention to MotherGothel who was under fire while diverting attention from himself and weakening the MotherGother/adilm conspiracy.

In short, I get the impression that adilm is more preoccupied with shifting attention away from him than with finding mafia.

Frankly, the whole case requires improbability upon improbability to be true for him not to be a total liar. Him being a very likely liar trying to cover up his scumtracks should be more than enough reason to lynch him. Even in addition to that, his whole scumhunting practices just reek of scum.

At this point, I may even call this case "slam dunk". I see no reason to give him the advantage of doubt any longer. I will vote him with full conviction.

UNVOTE: GreyICE
VOTE: adilm29h
Draynth
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #280 (ISO) » Sat Aug 19, 2017 3:08 pm

Post by Draynth »

In post 275, cd wrote:I do think it's very plausible that he figured it out on his own. But, my main concern about all that was the fact that he needed to ask what "scum" and "scum-reads" were. Again, it seems like something that is very obvious and doesn't need to be asked.
My first instinct was to disagree with this point but I think I'm starting to lean in the other direction. When I first started playing I didn't know what the terms meant and had to ask, I had only ever played Werewolf before, where obviously the bad guys are just called werewolves as opposed to mafia, scum, etc.
That being said I'm always hesitant to join the wagon of a newbie, particularly one who appears to be as new as adilm (Whether or not you believe the different questions he has asked come from town or not he still seems new, I don't think you can deny that) because in my experience it's almost always a mislynch since it's generally somewhat easy to pull off. That being said if he does get lynched and flip green we have a great pool of players to examine (those on the wagon, particularly the early votes in this case).
In post 275, cd wrote: If he played mafia previously (which he did), do you think he would always say "I think this person is mafia", "I mafia-read this person", "I'm suspicious of X" or similar things, as opposed to saying "I scum-read this person" when he thought someone was mafia? I've never played mafia before where someone didn't know what "scum-reads" were, it's like one of the things you first learn when you start playing mafia.
I agree with this, but the thing is he actually did this in where he asked what the terms meant; he called FancyPants suspicious. The next mention of him thinking anyone is scum is in , a full 2 days later. I can't help but feel that everyone baying for an adilm lynch is being far too cynical at the moment.
In post 275, cd wrote: * Yes, he does claim to have played mafia before, just not forum. But to me, he's coming across as someone who's entirely new with his questions like "why are roles shown under names" which if anyone played mafia before they would know that roles being secret is rule #1. And, questions like "what are scum-reads" when it's one of the most basic and most used line in mafia. That's why I don't think those questions with his previous experience (which is apparently 10-15 games) adds up.
I really don't see how you are so certain that scum is a widely used term, particularly in the real life card game. Don't you think it's possible that they are just called mafia?
"just got my hands in cooking! feel free to give me suggestions. So far completed: noodle in soup, noodle stuffed clam over noodle, red white and bluedle american noodle, hot brown noodle"

Brand New, Improved, Totally Awesome GTKAS
Draynth
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #281 (ISO) » Sat Aug 19, 2017 3:11 pm

Post by Draynth »

In post 279, Aster wrote: Let's think back. In order for adilm29h not to be a lying bastard, all of the following would have to be true:
Let's not resort to namecalling please, attack the play; not the player.
In post 279, Aster wrote: He knew that FancyPants was titled "goon" by means of title, but made up a wholly different reason for voting him;
Techincally he supplemented his initial reason with another, he didn't use the latter in place of the former.
In post 279, Aster wrote: In fact, he claims that the title "goon" was not a reason to vote FancyPants at all (267), while in the same post claiming that he had no clue that the names meant nothing at all (remember him asking
why
and not
whether
?)
Alright now you're 100% misrepping him intentionally.
He said
Let me also tell you that no i had no clue that the name under meant nothing.
, ie. he thought it was a role.
He also said
And I knew fancy pants had goon in my reason but as I said that was not my main reason for lynching someone
Neither of the above quotes mean that the title was not a reason to vote.
In post 279, Aster wrote: Despite knowing that FancyPants and Gorny were the goon team by means of title, he did not even try to lynch both of them ("free win");
How do you
know
he saw both of the titles?
In post 279, Aster wrote: Despite knowing that Gorny was a goon, he thinks it is nonetheless scummy for FancyPants to gang up on Gorny amongst others;
Same as above
In post 279, Aster wrote: Despite having played 10-15 games before, he claims to know barely any tactics to tackling this game (124);
Card mafia and forum mafia are completely different things. How in the hell is this a scumtell even if they were
In post 279, Aster wrote: Despite the above point, he still seems confident that scumtells like "active players are scum" and "rude players are scum" are sane.
NewbieTown players often have
bad
reasoning such as this, it's far more common amongst newbTown than newbScum in my experience.
In post 279, Aster wrote: I'd also like to remark that adilm's definition of "power role" has apparently changed between post 191 ("Power role meaning strong voice") and post 274 ("By power role I meant he is a Mafia"). This fits a common pattern for him to say things without thinking and only when somebody calls him out on it, he makes up a story about what he meant. The same thing happened when he got called out on his reason to vote FancyPants.
Only point I agree with in this entire post by Aster, but even then it also fits into my theory that adilm could just be newbTown.
In post 279, Aster wrote: In short, I get the impression that adilm is more preoccupied with shifting attention away from him than with finding mafia.
100% normal for a newbTown who is afraid of being lynched for the record, I'm not condoning it since it doesn't actually help us solve the game but stop acting like he's the only person to ever do it.
In post 279, Aster wrote: At this point, I may even call this case "slam dunk". I see no reason to give him the advantage of doubt any longer. I will vote him with full conviction.
I lol'd

VOTE: Aster

For the record, Aster's very first case was against FancyPants for
Trying too hard to look town
, I find it ironic that the majority of Aster's case that looks like a town one at a skim doesn't hold up.
"just got my hands in cooking! feel free to give me suggestions. So far completed: noodle in soup, noodle stuffed clam over noodle, red white and bluedle american noodle, hot brown noodle"

Draynth
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #282 (ISO) » Sat Aug 19, 2017 3:13 pm

Post by Draynth »

I like cd's

adilm29h
adilm29h
Goon
adilm29h
Goon
Goon

Post Post #283 (ISO) » Sat Aug 19, 2017 8:42 pm

Post by adilm29h »

Thanks draynth :)

also about the post with the titles under each name was cleared In the next post, so I went on with the game.
again, I did not know the names under if they meant something or not, i just posted it. But the next post cleared it out for me, which is why I did not vote anyone out based on the titles. ASTER, you have three points on the fact that you think i thought for a long time that the titles under were the roles, when it was cleared the next post...
and i've played 10-15 games of real life mafia, over the span of 5 years. And let me tell you there is not much tactic involved, just quick thinking on your feet.
And i never said active players are mafia. I only said that people who talk a lot unnecessarily beating the bush, would be mafia. Please PLEASE stop changing my words, and changing my intentions, misreading things on purpose or accidentally for you to back yourself up. And i Still think using profanity is a sign for Mafia, For you would have no reason to swear and lose your temper.
Imagine that post^^
vs
You fucking dumbass Aster, who the fuck do you think you are lynching me based on facts your lying ass made up just to make me seem mafia, pretty pathetic attempt.
You see the difference, between profanity and losing your temper vs just defending yourself. I feel it is a very scumy thing to do ^^
VOTE STAYS on GREYICE.
*Confused* why Aster has been trying to lynch me from the start on every small thing I do, and justifies it with some reason he made up?
cd
cd
Goon
cd
Goon
Goon

Post Post #284 (ISO) » Sat Aug 19, 2017 9:08 pm

Post by cd »

In post 280, Draynth wrote:
In post 275, cd wrote: * Yes, he does claim to have played mafia before, just not forum. But to me, he's coming across as someone who's entirely new with his questions like "why are roles shown under names" which if anyone played mafia before they would know that roles being secret is rule #1. And, questions like "what are scum-reads" when it's one of the most basic and most used line in mafia. That's why I don't think those questions with his previous experience (which is apparently 10-15 games) adds up.
I really don't see how you are so certain that scum is a widely used term, particularly in the real life card game. Don't you think it's possible that they are just called mafia?
It's very possible. I've played mafia previously in another forum, and I have played countless times in real life, but never the card game. I just never experienced someone who didn't know what the word "scum" was. Either way, discussing this doesn't matter considering we won't ever know if he was telling the truth until the end of the game.
adilm29h wrote:Imagine that post^^
vs
You fucking dumbass Aster, who the fuck do you think you are lynching me based on facts your lying ass made up just to make me seem mafia, pretty pathetic attempt.
You see the difference, between profanity and losing your temper vs just defending yourself. I feel it is a very scumy thing to do ^^
The thing is, swearing & insulting and what not is more-so about the personality of the person posting as opposed to a tell.

@Mod: Fairly certain some people need prodding.
adilm29h
adilm29h
Goon
adilm29h
Goon
Goon

Post Post #285 (ISO) » Sat Aug 19, 2017 9:44 pm

Post by adilm29h »

CD
ofcourse it depends on the personality, but if they were the kind that swears to get their way, and if it is their personality i guess they would have used profanity earlier.
However using profanity and being hostile, I feel as that is pretty scummy. Being hostile, and rude for no apparent reason.
"As a personal preference, and because you're not a newbie I'm not going to lay it out all formal-like. Don't fucking make shit up about why I'm doing something unless you want me to come rip your throat out and decorate the walls with your blood."
Especially a post like that from GreyIce^^
I could say the same thing to Aster "Don't fucking make shit up about why I'm doing something unless you want me to come rip your throat out and decorate the walls with your blood."
But i wouldn't knowing Aster is trying to find every little detail on trying to lynch me for him thinking I am scum
Aster
Aster
Goon
Aster
Goon
Goon

Post Post #286 (ISO) » Sat Aug 19, 2017 11:21 pm

Post by Aster »

In post 280, Draynth wrote:That being said if he does get lynched and flip green we have a great pool of players to examine (those on the wagon, particularly the early votes in this case).
It's great how you are trying to discourage people from voting who they want by means of threats. Super helpful. This is just what town needs to move forward. Thank you for your valuable contributions.
In post 281, Draynth wrote:Techincally he supplemented his initial reason with another, he didn't use the latter in place of the former.
Yet he didn't mention it at all in the post where he voted FancyPants and didn't even mention it until I inquired him about it. He admits that he knew FancyPants was titled goon. It follows that one of the following must hold true:
  • He found that title issue matter so little compared to his other argument that it wasn't worth mention.
  • He lied about his motivations for voting FancyPants: he had a motive based on the title but made up something else to cover up his real motivations.
  • He made his story up after the fact.
I'm betting on the last one.

Also, if adilm thought that people's roles are displayed below their names and somebody has the title goon, would you really believe that that could possibly be a
minor
reason to vote somebody?
In post 281, Draynth wrote:How do you
know
he saw both of the titles?
Because he said so himself.

In post 67, adilm29h wrote:Yea when I voted FancyPants, I realised Gorny has the title goon as well. But no I was not aware that Daynth has Mafia Scum.

In post 281, Draynth wrote:Card mafia and forum mafia are completely different things. How in the hell is this a scumtell even if they were
Are you suggesting that lying to cover up your mistakes is not a scumtell?
In post 281, Draynth wrote:NewbieTown players often have bad reasoning such as this, it's far more common amongst newbTown than newbScum in my experience.
I'm not saying that his reasoning is good. I'm saying that his confidence in his stupid reasons (which he acquired through experience!) seem to conflict with his display of total lack of confidence in "I don't know any tactics plz don't hit me", and I think that adilm has a whole lot more confidence in his game than his cover post tries to make us believe. Frankly, trying to hide behind a wall of "I'm to stupid to do that" is suspicious by itself.
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #287 (ISO) » Sun Aug 20, 2017 12:05 am

Post by Xalxe »

Vote Count 1.8

Some are the bandage, some are the knife, some get creative.

GreyICE (2)
: MotherGothel28, adilm29h
Gorny (2)
: FancyPants, cd
FancyPants (1)
: Gorny
MotherGothel28 (1)
: GreyICE
Draynth (1)
: Xa ligha
adilm29h (1)
: Aster
Aster (1)
: Draynth

Not Voting
:

With 9 alive, it's 5 to lynch.
Deadline
: (expired on 2017-08-25 17:33:16)

Prodding GreyICE, MotherGothel28 and Xa ligha.
"I, too, would prefer to know the Xalxe of my demise." - Felissan, 2022
- On this day in history: mundanity, and terror, and food, and love, and trees -
MotherGothel28
MotherGothel28
Townie
MotherGothel28
Townie
Townie

Post Post #288 (ISO) » Sun Aug 20, 2017 4:55 am

Post by MotherGothel28 »

I'm here, I'm here. Weekends are family time for me.

I'm liking the activity and posts from CD so far (welcome) it feels like good effort to solve.

I'm trying to change how I'm looking at the game so far, I think it would be in our best interest for each of us to think about who we feel is a solid town base since 75% of us are town. That way we make the sus pool smaller and have a greater chance of landing on scum.

So far I'm really thinking town for CD and Draynth, and I need to go back and reread for more.

My pool of suspicious still includes GreyICE, although he now has a couple of other contenders with him. Good points have been made about Adilm, and he has been continuing a trend of being pretty defensive. It doesn't feel relaxed like a townie should. And I still don't like Aster, dunno if he is just rubbing me wrong, but he does seem to twist what people say in almost every post and that can really change how people view other people's posts.
MotherGothel28
MotherGothel28
Townie
MotherGothel28
Townie
Townie

Post Post #289 (ISO) » Sun Aug 20, 2017 4:57 am

Post by MotherGothel28 »

Also, before anyone says it, no I'm not trying to make anyone else make a list of who they think is solid town. Do what you want. I've just seen others do it in games and it seems to be a pretty successful tactic. That's why I'm here, to learn what I'm doing wrong when I play and to figure out a better way to play.
cd
cd
Goon
cd
Goon
Goon

Post Post #290 (ISO) » Sun Aug 20, 2017 5:39 am

Post by cd »

I just re-read through the entire thread and I don't currently stand anywhere else than I currently did. I do tend to have issues reading back (mostly due to overthinking) and am far superior at reading things that are currently going on which I'm finding difficult since I feel like no one has really posted much since I've joined and some people have just been AWOL.

I really do think people should look more into my . He had 2 conflicting reads about 2 different people within the same post, I don't see how someone sided with the town could pull that off. It's not something you just forget.

To me it looks like someone who's mafia that wrote random reads to try and stand-in with the crowd.
cd
cd
Goon
cd
Goon
Goon

Post Post #291 (ISO) » Sun Aug 20, 2017 5:41 am

Post by cd »

In post 288, MotherGothel28 wrote:I think it would be in our best interest for each of us to think about who we feel is a solid town base since 75% of us are town. That way we make the sus pool smaller and have a greater chance of landing on scum.
I disagree with this. Even if everyone had a solid town-read at this point, nothing would really change. The focus should be trying to find scum, not town.
cd
cd
Goon
cd
Goon
Goon

Post Post #292 (ISO) » Sun Aug 20, 2017 5:44 am

Post by cd »

In post 291, cd wrote:
In post 288, MotherGothel28 wrote:I think it would be in our best interest for each of us to think about who we feel is a solid town base since 75% of us are town. That way we make the sus pool smaller and have a greater chance of landing on scum.
I disagree with this. Even if everyone had a solid town-read at this point, nothing would really change. The focus should be trying to find scum, not town.
To continue on this in case someone was going to ask: let's say by example that the majority of people town-read me, it is very likely that I would just die the next night and all that effort trying to hunt for who's towniest would be completely wasted.
MotherGothel28
MotherGothel28
Townie
MotherGothel28
Townie
Townie

Post Post #293 (ISO) » Sun Aug 20, 2017 11:35 am

Post by MotherGothel28 »

Lol, I did specify that I wasn't trying to get others to do it, I'm just working on changing my gameplay to lean more that way. By all means feel free to ignore me and play how you want to play. It's just not a bad idea to (even silently) have a town base to limit down who might be scum.
MotherGothel28
MotherGothel28
Townie
MotherGothel28
Townie
Townie

Post Post #294 (ISO) » Sun Aug 20, 2017 11:36 am

Post by MotherGothel28 »

In post 290, cd wrote:I just re-read through the entire thread and I don't currently stand anywhere else than I currently did. I do tend to have issues reading back (mostly due to overthinking) and am far superior at reading things that are currently going on which I'm finding difficult since I feel like no one has really posted much since I've joined and some people have just been AWOL.

I really do think people should look more into my . He had 2 conflicting reads about 2 different people within the same post, I don't see how someone sided with the town could pull that off. It's not something you just forget.

To me it looks like someone who's mafia that wrote random reads to try and stand-in with the crowd.
I definitely took notice of your points about Gorny, and I think they are good. Over all I felt like he started off feeling pretty town, but the recent interactions have me feeling less so.
Gorny
Gorny
Goon
Gorny
Goon
Goon

Post Post #295 (ISO) » Sun Aug 20, 2017 12:15 pm

Post by Gorny »

In post 276, cd wrote:I'm actually fairly confident on Gorny being scum at this point. He seems to be asking way too many questions and just fillering in the background as much as he can.

In , he manages to asks 5 questions in a 38 words post.

All of these are back-and-forth filler with mostly MotherGothel: , , , , , and .

More filler: (last line) and .

In where he announces his reads, a lot of them make next-to-no-sense.

His read on MotherGothel:
In post 100, Gorny wrote:MotherGothel28:

Seems kind of new town. At the moment she's only responding to questions and slightly following discussion, agreeing with some points. She's not (yet) offering up any thoughts of her own on an independent basis.

She seemed to agree with my which was a light hearted joke about who is scum teams based on the first letters of people's name. Though she may have agreed with it because it leaves her off the scum team, seems convenient is she's scum?

Random vote of Aster in - this doesn't really mean much. Her is NAI in my opinion. Her seems to think adlim is town. Hmmm...

The rest of her posts up to don't add much game related. Though in her she seems to have taken a liking to me. Not sure how to take this.
He just seems to be all-over-the-place with this. He starts it by saying "seems kind of new town", yet doesn't really point out how she's town in any way. Most of the posts he's linking to are purely filler and they don't contain anything telling. And to top it all off, he ends it by saying:
In post 100, Gorny wrote:***Im null here. Not sure if she's town, or scum. based off her agreeing with my but who knows.***
And, at the bottom of his post where he states his S->W reads, he has MotherGothel as:
In post 100, Gorny wrote:MotherGothel28 (Null/possible scum lean)
So, MotherGothel went from "kind of new town" to "null" to "null/possible scum" within the same post.

He did the exact same thing for FrozenMagpie (person I replaced into):
In post 100, Gorny wrote:FrozenMagpie:

Initially (up to post ) null. With he pokes a bit at FancyPants .

Another null but slight town read.
And in his S->W reads:
In post 100, Gorny wrote:FrozenMagpie (Null/possible scum lean)
So again, I went from a "null but slight town-read" to a "null/possible scum" within the same post.

He does re-adjust his reads in post , but I think it's very telling that in the same post he had two conflicting reads on two different people.

VOTE: Gorny
Since when is asking questions scummy?

Also, there's noting wrong with going back and forth a bit, especially early on in the RVS stage.

That early on there wasn't much to go on that could be used to come up with a definite scum or town read, that's why reads lists are not set in stone and are always changing.

You quoted my post multiple times, and only parts of it (the parts that suited you I think), did you actually read it?

Here, let me bold and point out a few things for you:
MotherGothel28:

Seems kind of new town.

At the moment she's only responding to questions and slightly
following discussion, agreeing with some points. She's not (yet)
offering up any thoughts of her own on an independent basis.

She seemed to agree with my which was a light hearted joke
about who is scum teams based on the first letters of people's
name. Though she may have agreed with it because it leaves her
off the scum team, seems convenient is she's scum?

Random vote of Aster in - this doesn't really mean much.
Her is NAI in my opinion.
Her seems to think adlim is town. Hmmm...

The rest of her posts up to don't add much game related.
Though in her she seems to have taken a liking to me. Not
sure how to take this.

***Im null here. Not sure if she's town, or scum. based off her agreeing with my but who knows. ***
The first bolded part is where I said she seemed kind of new town.

The second bolded part has to do with her being possibly scum based on her agreeing with my joke about the scum teams being based off the first letters of people's names, to which she wasn't paired up.

So it's plain as day how I went from "null slight town" to "null possible scum" in one post.

As to my read on your slot (going from null to possible scum) you are correct. I screwed up there. That post should have read null town for your slot. While I did get a slight scum feeling from FrozenMagpie prior to being force replaced (for seemingly not posting at all), I should have had that slot at a null/town read at that time.
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #296 (ISO) » Sun Aug 20, 2017 2:09 pm

Post by GreyICE »

I'm sorry, me and my wife have both been ill and every time I open up this game to devote the energy to it it deserves I kind of crap out mentally.

Apologies for setting a bad example as IC, I shouldn't be this far behind.
Show
That which is done out of love always takes place beyond good and evil

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
MotherGothel28
MotherGothel28
Townie
MotherGothel28
Townie
Townie

Post Post #297 (ISO) » Sun Aug 20, 2017 4:09 pm

Post by MotherGothel28 »

Gorny, I always assumed a reads list was built as "this is how I feel about a person, and here is why (insert quotes or list or whatever explanation you choose to use)." And then at the end you recap with a list of players and what you're reading. That's why it doesn't make sense. Basically you said on two players "this is how I feel" and then at the end you had seemingly talked yourself into feeling another way.

Since scum always know who town is, inconsistency in 1 post regarding reads can be a pretty decent scum tell. That's why I'm glad CD pointed it out. I don't hate the idea of a vote on you this phase, slips like that are how scum get caught.

GreyICE I'm sorry y'all are sick, rl always comes first, so rest up and get better (then come back even better than you were before... That's how sickness works right??)
Gorny
Gorny
Goon
Gorny
Goon
Goon

Post Post #298 (ISO) » Sun Aug 20, 2017 4:19 pm

Post by Gorny »

^ We are in a newbie game after all :)

But I see what you mean.
FancyPants
FancyPants
he/him
Mafia Scum
FancyPants
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #299 (ISO) » Mon Aug 21, 2017 2:48 am

Post by FancyPants »

Going to do a fresh reread and see if anything pops for me.

@GreyIce, sorry you're sick! If you're struggling consider replacing out. There is no shame and none of us will think less of you. I know IC's are generally hard to replace but I believe there is a decent queue at the moment with Newbies bottle-necking new games.

Return to “Completed Newbie Games”