: Aster
Aster (1)
: Draynth

Not Voting
:

With 9 alive, it's 5 to lynch.
Deadline
: (expired on 2017-08-25 17:33:16)

Xa ligha has picked up the prod and has about 24 hours to post before I begin seeking replacement.
"I, too, would prefer to know the Xalxe of my demise." - Felissan, 2022
- On this day in history: mundanity, and terror, and food, and love, and trees -
cd
cd
Goon
cd
Goon
Goon

Post Post #301 (ISO) » Mon Aug 21, 2017 3:10 am

Post by cd »

In post 295, Gorny wrote:Since when is asking questions scummy?

Also, there's noting wrong with going back and forth a bit, especially early on in the RVS stage.

That early on there wasn't much to go on that could be used to come up with a definite scum or town read, that's why reads lists are not set in stone and are always changing.

You quoted my post multiple times, and only parts of it (the parts that suited you I think), did you actually read it?

Here, let me bold and point out a few things for you:
Asking questions isn't scummy, it's the fact that you asked 5 questions in a very short post. It felt awkward and you could've just asked 2 questions and have gotten the exact same results.

Your posts were >50 in terms of post count, I wouldn't really consider that to still be the "RVS stage".

Your reads changed three times on a single person and twice on another, within the same post. I agree with the "read lists are not set in stone and are always changing", but not in the context of the exact same post. Like I said in post , to me it looks like you wrote down random reads to try and stand-in. It doesn't make sense for anyone to go and say "hey, I think this person is X" and then saying the total opposite about the exact same person in the exact same post. If it's in a future posts and things have changed (as in the person town or scum-told since your last post), then it would make perfect sense.

If you're seriously asking me if I read the post when I made very good points against you, I don't think I'm going to be unvoting here. It's very clear that I read your post and it's very clear that you contradicted yourself within that post.
In post 295, Gorny wrote:The first bolded part is where I said she seemed kind of new town.

The second bolded part has to do with her being possibly scum based on her agreeing with my joke about the scum teams being based off the first letters of people's names, to which she wasn't paired up.

So it's plain as day how I went from "null slight town" to "null possible scum" in one post.
It still doesn't make any sense.

How is it plain as day? You can't just start something and state "she seems kind of new town", then call her "null/slight town", and then call her "null/possible scum". You sat on the fence.
In post 295, Gorny wrote:As to my read on your slot (going from null to possible scum) you are correct. I screwed up there. That post should have read null town for your slot. While I did get a slight scum feeling from FrozenMagpie prior to being force replaced (for seemingly not posting at all), I should have had that slot at a null/town read at that time.
This honestly makes no sense. You initially called my slot "null but slight town-read" and ended your S->W read on me as "null/possible scum". Now you're admitting to screwing up, but you just said you got a slight scum feeling from my slot prior to the replacement.

FrozenMagpie had 1 post in between your first reads post () and your second reads post () which was:
In post 135, FrozenMagpie wrote:Hey, I just got out of school a bit ago. I'm working on my reads right now. I was wondering if a reads list or bracket reads are usually preferred in this site?
You're telling me this one post was enough for you to go from a "null but slight town-read" to "null but leaning towards scum"? Sure, you claimed it was because of inactivity, but then if that was the case, shouldn't you be leaning more scum towards the people who have been inactive recently too?
Xa ligha
Xa ligha
Goon
Xa ligha
Goon
Goon

Post Post #302 (ISO) » Mon Aug 21, 2017 3:41 am

Post by Xa ligha »

In post 265, FancyPants wrote:@Aster, you might be onto something with regards to GreyIce, but I don't believe any IC on this forum comes into a Newbie game and spreads mis-information to further their win condition.
He may be scum but I that just doesn't happen on Mafia Scum, I actually agree with you that OMGUS isn't a scum tell and may even be a town tell in newbies, but that doesn't mean someone can't have a differing opinion. You can disagree with GreyIce but that doesn't mean he's generating bad information for scummy purposes.

@Mothergothel can I get an update on your scum reads?

@CD, hi welcome to the game, please share your scum reads when you are ready.

@Xa Light, Can you elaborate on post specifically why you believe his behaviour is more likely to be scum motivated?
I explained in post 155 but I'll go over it again. Draynth was asking about the mafia pt in order to find out wether it was possible the scum planned adimhs title gambit, and as an se he should know how to find wether or not it was open, but instead he chose to ask, which "proves" he is town.
Draynth
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #303 (ISO) » Mon Aug 21, 2017 3:44 am

Post by Draynth »

As an SE, why would I ever have reason to check the sample role PM's? I have never once actually done it in a game unless I'm trying to check the specific wording of a PR ability. You literally have 0 other reasoning for voting a useless wagon with 4 days left.
"just got my hands in cooking! feel free to give me suggestions. So far completed: noodle in soup, noodle stuffed clam over noodle, red white and bluedle american noodle, hot brown noodle"

Brand New, Improved, Totally Awesome GTKAS
Draynth
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #304 (ISO) » Mon Aug 21, 2017 3:45 am

Post by Draynth »

You're also conveniently not even interacting with the game anymore. Either try and convince other people to vote me or find some actual scum.
"just got my hands in cooking! feel free to give me suggestions. So far completed: noodle in soup, noodle stuffed clam over noodle, red white and bluedle american noodle, hot brown noodle"

cd
cd
Goon
cd
Goon
Goon

Post Post #305 (ISO) » Mon Aug 21, 2017 3:47 am

Post by cd »

Speaking of actual scum, here's one: Gorny.
Xa ligha
Xa ligha
Goon
Xa ligha
Goon
Goon

Post Post #306 (ISO) » Mon Aug 21, 2017 3:49 am

Post by Xa ligha »

VOTE: Gorny
I agree with the analysis cd has been giving. I also think the miss representing of fancy pants is scummy.

/pedit
Why wouldn't you look three to find out the answer to your question? Why is you asking different then Adim ? And I was mostly bringing it up because I find it frustrating when some one ignores my questions so I didn't want to leave fancy pants hanging.

Fixed that for you - X
Draynth
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #307 (ISO) » Mon Aug 21, 2017 3:51 am

Post by Draynth »

Because it never even occured to me that it would be contained in the role pm. Whenever I mod I just post in the mafia PT whenever it's open. I've explained this already

Xa ligha
Xa ligha
Goon
Xa ligha
Goon
Goon

Post Post #308 (ISO) » Mon Aug 21, 2017 3:52 am

Post by Xa ligha »

VOTE: gorny

On mobile must not like capitalization in tags
Draynth
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #309 (ISO) » Mon Aug 21, 2017 3:56 am

Post by Draynth »

In post 286, Aster wrote:
In post 280, Draynth wrote:That being said if he does get lynched and flip green we have a great pool of players to examine (those on the wagon, particularly the early votes in this case).
It's great how you are trying to discourage people from voting who they want by means of threats. Super helpful. This is just what town needs to move forward. Thank you for your valuable contributions.
If you think that's what this is I'm afraid you're mistaken
In post 281, Draynth wrote:Techincally he supplemented his initial reason with another, he didn't use the latter in place of the former.
Yet he didn't mention it at all in the post where he voted FancyPants and didn't even mention it until I inquired him about it. He admits that he knew FancyPants was titled goon. It follows that one of the following must hold true:
  • He found that title issue matter so little compared to his other argument that it wasn't worth mention.
  • He lied about his motivations for voting FancyPants: he had a motive based on the title but made up something else to cover up his real motivations.
  • He made his story up after the fact.
I'm betting on the last one.

Also, if adilm thought that people's roles are displayed below their names and somebody has the title goon, would you really believe that that could possibly be a
minor
reason to vote somebody?
He gave his reason in , he just made it more concise after you pressed him on it.
In post 281, Draynth wrote:How do you
know
he saw both of the titles?
Because he said so himself.
In post 67, adilm29h wrote:Yea when I voted FancyPants, I realised Gorny has the title goon as well. But no I was not aware that Daynth has Mafia Scum.
Fair enough
In post 281, Draynth wrote:Card mafia and forum mafia are completely different things. How in the hell is this a scumtell even if they were
Are you suggesting that lying to cover up your mistakes is not a scumtell?
This is 100% unrelated to what I was saying.
The original point was about not knowing how to scumhunt properly. Stop making crap up.

The only thing I realised I was wrong about was him 'knowing that Gorny also had a goon title'. When I first went to respond to your point about that I went through Adilm's iso and saw that Gorny replied to his question about what they meant and said that he had the same title

Draynth
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #310 (ISO) » Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:46 am

Post by Draynth »

@MotherGothel
Do you still think GreyIce is scum? Who else do you think might be scum? You've been on his wagon for a week at this point.

FancyPants
FancyPants
he/him
Mafia Scum
FancyPants
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #311 (ISO) » Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:22 am

Post by FancyPants »

I haven't gotten to my reread everyone and I apologise, without rereading I still like the Gorny wagon, CD has come in hot and said some sensible things so I know longer think that slot is scummy.

Will hopefully have time for my reread tomorrow.
Aster
Aster
Goon
Aster
Goon
Goon

Post Post #312 (ISO) » Mon Aug 21, 2017 2:45 pm

Post by Aster »

I do agree that Gorny seems quite scummy. Although his opinion changing within a single post is suspicious, it is not something mafia would have a motivation to do, and there are several reasons why that could still happen when he's town (his opinion changed during writing, and he forgot to update an old part; he had a memory lapse when compiling the final list; a mixup between something.)

However, more suspicious is that Gorny does not acknowledge his screw-up and is trying to waggle himself out of the situation by making stuff up, which is just about half of what I'm accusing adilm of.

I'd like to keep my vote on adilm, but it has become pretty clear to me that the adilm bandwagon won't be going anywhere today because some think it is so unfair to use newbies' mistakes against them that they'd rather let scum live. I may as well change my vote to the almost-as-scummy candidate that actually has potential to get lynched.

UNVOTE: adilm29h
Gorny
Gorny
Goon
Gorny
Goon
Goon

Post Post #313 (ISO) » Mon Aug 21, 2017 2:50 pm

Post by Gorny »

In post 312, Aster wrote:I do agree that Gorny seems quite scummy. Although his opinion changing within a single post is suspicious, it is not something mafia would have a motivation to do, and there are several reasons why that could still happen when he's town (his opinion changed during writing, and he forgot to update an old part; he had a memory lapse when compiling the final list; a mixup between something.)

However, more suspicious is that Gorny does not acknowledge his screw-up and is trying to waggle himself out of the situation by making stuff up, which is just about half of what I'm accusing adilm of.

I'd like to keep my vote on adilm, but it has become pretty clear to me that the adilm bandwagon won't be going anywhere today because some think it is so unfair to use newbies' mistakes against them that they'd rather let scum live. I may as well change my vote to the almost-as-scummy candidate that actually has potential to get lynched.

UNVOTE: adilm29h
I have a feeling that if I defend myself more, I'll just get hanged.

Not much I can do, other than see what happens the rest of the day.
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #314 (ISO) » Tue Aug 22, 2017 12:00 am

Post by Xalxe »

Vote Count 1.10

Today is the last day of your life up to this point.

Gorny (4)
: FancyPants, cd, Xa ligha, Aster
GreyICE (2)
: MotherGothel28, adilm29h
FancyPants (1)
: Gorny
MotherGothel28 (1)
: GreyICE
Aster (1)
: Draynth

Not Voting
:

With 9 alive, it's 5 to lynch.
Deadline
: (expired on 2017-08-25 17:33:16)

Prodding adilm29h.
"I, too, would prefer to know the Xalxe of my demise." - Felissan, 2022
- On this day in history: mundanity, and terror, and food, and love, and trees -
Draynth
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #315 (ISO) » Tue Aug 22, 2017 1:11 am

Post by Draynth »

Gorny is currently at L-1, Aster, please make sure to notify people of this the next time you put someone at L-1.

Gorny, you should claim your role if someone declares intent to hammer or if there is less than ~72 hours til the deadline and you still have 4 votes on you.

FancyPants
FancyPants
he/him
Mafia Scum
FancyPants
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #316 (ISO) » Tue Aug 22, 2017 1:27 am

Post by FancyPants »

Can everyone please weigh in on the Gorny wagon who hasn't already.

Just what you think of Gorny and why you think that, not doing so is very anti-town and I will treat anyone who avoids this issue with great suspicion.
cd
cd
Goon
cd
Goon
Goon

Post Post #317 (ISO) » Tue Aug 22, 2017 1:29 am

Post by cd »

Are you still rereading everyone over?
FancyPants
FancyPants
he/him
Mafia Scum
FancyPants
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #318 (ISO) » Tue Aug 22, 2017 3:18 am

Post by FancyPants »

In post 317, cd wrote:Are you still rereading everyone over?
Planning on it but I've been procrastinating. I think I need a flip to revitalise me.
cd
cd
Goon
cd
Goon
Goon

Post Post #319 (ISO) » Tue Aug 22, 2017 3:19 am

Post by cd »

:thinking:
FancyPants
FancyPants
he/him
Mafia Scum
FancyPants
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #320 (ISO) » Tue Aug 22, 2017 3:26 am

Post by FancyPants »

I haven't particularly liked Gorny's response to the pressure though, where is the outrage I expect from a falsely accused townie?
It's not concrete though, I'm equally unemotional most of the time, but I do still think he's scum.

Getting everyone's read on the wagon can only benefit us. Regardless of the outcome, even if Gorny doesn't end up being the eventual candidate.

My reread at this stage may be pointless with my favoured candidate already on the chopping block.

I've already said I'm not a fan of post by post analysis, that road leads to confirmation bias. Over analysis can get one in trouble.
cd
cd
Goon
cd
Goon
Goon

Post Post #321 (ISO) » Tue Aug 22, 2017 3:32 am

Post by cd »

Why did you announce Gorny was at L-1 if you need a flip to "revitalise"?
cd
cd
Goon
cd
Goon
Goon

Post Post #322 (ISO) » Tue Aug 22, 2017 3:36 am

Post by cd »

Never mind that wasn't even you.
FancyPants
FancyPants
he/him
Mafia Scum
FancyPants
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #323 (ISO) » Tue Aug 22, 2017 3:40 am

Post by FancyPants »

Drayth announced that he was at L-1.
I agree with him though just because I want to see someone flip, doesn't mean we shouldn't use the opportunity to gain information on the wagon. (I still want everyone who hasn't weighed in on the Gorny wagon to do so).
adilm29h
adilm29h
Goon
adilm29h
Goon
Goon

Post Post #324 (ISO) » Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:05 am

Post by adilm29h »

Sorry Guys I was out the whole day. I would like to say that I I too have been convinced after Gorny Has been brought into the light, Or shall I say dark.
But anyways, He seems very wishy washy with his reads, where he says one thing and then says the opposite for the same person, which shows that he doesn’t really have any reads on the players, and is just making up some BS as he goes and getting mixed up in his own mind.
UNVOTE: GreyIce
FancyPants please give your views on the recent Gorny? You have been 're-reading' since yesterday.
My top two suspects at the moment are Gorny, And GreyIce

Return to “Completed Newbie Games”