drealmerz7
drealmerz7
Survivor
drealmerz7
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3300 (ISO) » Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:14 am

Post by drealmerz7 »

nah, just looking for ppl with personal experience with him / some insight into his personality

I was a huge dick to him once, really uncalled for but I let my impatience and frustration get to me (during a time when I was under huge amounts of stress and just not dealing with things well), and I think if he were scum it is possible he'd be trying to goad me into flipping out to get me lynched
balance among all things
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #3301 (ISO) » Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:25 am

Post by Cephrir »

hes also got like 500 alts for all his survivor characters for some reason
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
Chiaotzu
Chiaotzu
Goon
Chiaotzu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3302 (ISO) » Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:27 am

Post by Chiaotzu »

I'll respond to stuff in a couple of hours but I thought I'd link to my recent games, because my huge amount of alts makes it hard to find anything, especially since I never play on my main anymore.

scum games:
Miss List, I played as Neal.
Buttersnap Shitfuckery, I played as Chimchar.

town games:
Newbie 1795, replaced in as Arnold
C9++, played as RoryMK

These are the only recent ones I played that have finished.

drealm, the last thing I try to do as any alignment is to try and have people flip out. I play this game for fun and I will never try to piss someone off if it means I have a better shot at winning the game. It's not worth it for me. I remember our discussion but I'm glad we can interact without it being an issue. It's in the past and I have no intention of bringing it back up or letting it influence my read on you.
In memory of Chiaotzu, Radja's character pick in Survivor: Abridged
Chiaotzu
Chiaotzu
Goon
Chiaotzu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3303 (ISO) » Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:29 am

Post by Chiaotzu »

if I missed anything you want me to respond to immediately feel free to ask. I always have like 10 pages to catch up on when I wake up
Errantparabola
Errantparabola
Composed.
Errantparabola
Composed.
Composed.

Post Post #3304 (ISO) » Wed Aug 23, 2017 7:13 am

Post by Errantparabola »

Votecount 3.3

First day of school today! Currently in the library with an hour between two classes.

Bins
(2): Game Replacement, Realeo
Chiaotzu
(2): VA-11 Hall-A, implosion
implosion
(2): Cephrir, morph the cat
Realeo
(1): Bins
VA-11 Hall-A
(1): drealmerz7

Not Voting
(2): Chiaotzu, GuiltyLion

10 players, 6 majority.
Deadline in (expired on 2017-09-04 00:29:00)
did another ms user do something lovely? recognize their achievements here!

Today's modern mafia consumer demands dozens, nay, hundreds of roles that are vanilla cops.
--implosion
provided
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3305 (ISO) » Wed Aug 23, 2017 7:19 am

Post by Cephrir »

vallhalla could you claim more specifically please?
Bartleby the Scrivener
Chiaotzu
Chiaotzu
Goon
Chiaotzu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3306 (ISO) » Wed Aug 23, 2017 7:32 am

Post by Chiaotzu »

In post 3166, morph the cat wrote:We protected him, and
In post 3141, morph the cat wrote:There's a conditional on our role that lets us know if we screwed up the night kill.
funny how I missed that. So you basically were told Cephrir was targeted and you saved him? Seems kinda powerful tbh
Chiaotzu
Chiaotzu
Goon
Chiaotzu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3307 (ISO) » Wed Aug 23, 2017 7:32 am

Post by Chiaotzu »

In post 3158, Chiaotzu wrote:
In post 3047, morph the cat wrote:Because I felt like it? I've come into thread and almost voted Implosion a couple times. Also, it amused me to sheep Ceph after he sheeped us on Valhalla yesterday.

Ceph has become my strongest townread.

I approach games with find-town-and-POE. This game, I've been struggling to form strong scumreads from the start and it's gotten marginally better.. The one thing I'm sure about at this point is that Ceph and Bins are town.
why is Bins town?
also think you missed this.
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #3308 (ISO) » Wed Aug 23, 2017 7:34 am

Post by morph the cat »

In post 3307, Chiaotzu wrote:
In post 3047, morph the cat wrote:Because I felt like it? I've come into thread and almost voted Implosion a couple times. Also, it amused me to sheep Ceph after he sheeped us on Valhalla yesterday.

I approach games with find-town-and-POE. This game, I've been struggling to form strong scumreads from the start and it's gotten marginally better.. The one thing I'm sure about at this point is that Ceph and Bins are town.
why is Bins town?
No we didn't?

Bins was town because we thought ceph was cop with an innocent on bins when this post was made.
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #3309 (ISO) » Wed Aug 23, 2017 7:34 am

Post by morph the cat »

In post 3306, Chiaotzu wrote:
In post 3166, morph the cat wrote:We protected him, and
In post 3141, morph the cat wrote:There's a conditional on our role that lets us know if we screwed up the night kill.
funny how I missed that. So you basically were told Cephrir was targeted and you saved him? Seems kinda powerful tbh
It is! We like it.
Chiaotzu
Chiaotzu
Goon
Chiaotzu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3310 (ISO) » Wed Aug 23, 2017 7:35 am

Post by Chiaotzu »

In post 3177, Bins wrote:
In post 3157, Chiaotzu wrote:That doesn't really make a lot of sense to me. You thought the wagon was great and supported it, but you thought it was scum driven too? What was town about their claim?
uh

I don't really know how to answer it. Don't you agree it's a little easier to judge wagon composition once you have a flip?
it is. That's why I think it's weird for you to look for scum on a wagon you supported yourself. Unless you know for a fact Valhalla is town, that doesn't make sense to me.
Can you at least answer what was town about their claim?
Chiaotzu
Chiaotzu
Goon
Chiaotzu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3311 (ISO) » Wed Aug 23, 2017 7:36 am

Post by Chiaotzu »

In post 3308, morph the cat wrote:

why is Bins town?
No we didn't?

Bins was town because we thought ceph was cop with an innocent on bins when this post was made.
I see. What gave you that idea?
am I going to find out you were wrong to assume this? Still catching up
Chiaotzu
Chiaotzu
Goon
Chiaotzu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3312 (ISO) » Wed Aug 23, 2017 7:42 am

Post by Chiaotzu »

In post 3200, Realeo wrote:
In post 3163, Chiaotzu wrote:
In post 3149, Realeo wrote:Radja was being dismissive in that post and simply attack Bin credibility which smells unhonest manipulation.

I mean, even if that the same thing happened to me/Bins, I spend sometime to adress her concern.

Radja sounds like a politician who knew he cant win an argument so he just question the credibility of the asker.

And we all know politicians is evil. :twisted:
You're going to have to explain this to me like I'm 5 years old. I did what now?
Frankly, I cant be more clear.
I wish you'd at least try to explain it better so I can maybe understand what you're getting at.
Chiaotzu
Chiaotzu
Goon
Chiaotzu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3313 (ISO) » Wed Aug 23, 2017 7:50 am

Post by Chiaotzu »

In post 3214, implosion wrote:
In post 3161, Chiaotzu wrote:
In post 3068, GuiltyLion wrote:
In post 3021, Chiaotzu wrote:It's also really worrying me that literally all the dead townies were scumreading implosion.
"really" worrying? I mean scum have only directly killed 1 of the 3 dead townies so far. Do you think scum pushed Nos or Wisdom in part because they were scumreading implosion? If so, then who specifically do you think may have been doing that and why?
I'm not saying implosion(or other scum) pushed any lynches. But when 3 confirmed townies are scumreading the same person, it is worth reconsidering that slot.
So since you basically answered my question here, to elaborate.

What both GL and I were referring to is that what was originally said here is ambiguous and sort of sketchily implying that a bunch of townies were killed because they scumread me, which this is the less scummy possible response to. But I still don't like that line from post 3021. It's somewhat backhanded, throwing suspicion without really committing to it. Especially since there are some votes on me, though I don't remember relative ordering of that chi post and those votes, but if it came after those votes then it really reads as just scum waffling over whether they want to join a wagon on me, specifically because I haven't been in his scumpile all game (since he's made multiple explicit readslists) so he feels the need to look like he's reconsidering so that the jump looks natural.

That paragraph might be gibberish so if it is i can rephrase it
I fail to see what's bad about me reconsidering my townread on you. Isn't it natural to question a townread after 3 confirmed dead townies who died scumread that same townread? Or can I not value the opinions of others? I explained what I meant and there's no reason for you to continue misrepping me. On top of that:

Bins also questioned her townread on you here:
In post 3182, Bins wrote:tbh the only reason I dropped implosion is because everyone else who flipped town has been scumreading him and now the two conf are scumreading him so I must just be missing something
But that doesn't seem to bother you at all. Why is that?
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3314 (ISO) » Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:03 am

Post by Cephrir »

imo that whole encryptor mod meta thing puts the kibosh on speculation about alignment based on presence of daytalk
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3315 (ISO) » Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:03 am

Post by Cephrir »

(yes i do just really want to believe in something and will wantonly confbias to achieve this)
Bartleby the Scrivener
Chiaotzu
Chiaotzu
Goon
Chiaotzu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3316 (ISO) » Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:03 am

Post by Chiaotzu »

In post 3228, implosion wrote:
In post 3226, Realeo wrote:
In post 3214, implosion wrote:It's somewhat backhanded, throwing suspicion without really committing to it.
Isn't this Bins as well?
In a sense yes. But Bins's stances look like they've actually been evolving in response to new information, rather than just changing with what's convenient. For instance her vote right now is more or less a vanity vote on you. That's not especially beneficial for scum, although it could conceivably be scum waiting to put down a higher-impact vote but I have other reasons to townread bins (I remember having strong reasons d1 + her tone has generally seemed natural since then) and I haven't had strong towntells from chiao (iirc there was something at one point but it was fairly weak). Chiao's suspicion towards me is a combination of opportunistic and noncommittal. Just checked and his original post was before the votes on me, so it's not as strong as I thought it might be. It still looks like testing the waters though, especially since his previous reads list had me in his upper half with two of townies who are now dead already dead at that point. But more than that is just the phrasing which just looks like scum trying to see if they can get away with pursuing a wagon on me.
I guess you did comment on it.

The way you're trying to discredit me for questioning my read on you is completely bs dude.
How did I change to what's convenient? I haven't even voted for you (or anyone else, for that matter) yet.
Better yet, I have no intention of voting you at all. I want Realeo/dreal/Bins in that order.
If you're going to keep pulling shit like this, things might change though.

Here's my current reads, as you can see, I moved you down to null, not scum.
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3317 (ISO) » Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:07 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 3070, GuiltyLion wrote:Bins can you elaborate on what you didn't like about Realeo's D2 play prior to the hammer
In post 3106, Bins wrote:and to answer GL i meant sort of trolling and with the whole erection thing i think everyone was sort of like wtf on realeo..

so much so we could put the hammer past him

i dont like it
In post 3122, Bins wrote:
In post 3119, Realeo wrote:I mean, Ceph did not declare L-1. He must be scum for being ignorant, right?
yeah but unlike you ceph has sort have been not caring all game and also he was voting wisdom previously

you've just been trolling
see my problem with this is when you look past the random erection/trolling nonsense in Realeo's ISO, he is actually asking some insightful/probing questions and attempting (or at least, emulating an attempt) to game-solve. But I feel like you're glossing over or purposefully ignoring that to push on the NAI/bizarre stuff in his ISO, which he rightly pointed out is just a small part of everything he's posted this game. It doesn't feel like you're approaching sorting him on an intellectually honest level here.
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
Chiaotzu
Chiaotzu
Goon
Chiaotzu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3318 (ISO) » Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:11 am

Post by Chiaotzu »

In post 3286, morph the cat wrote:On the gripping hand, is it a town player's first reaction to dig at a claim? He's the only player who overtly did that. I wondered if it was an ESL thing.

It doesn't really generalize, and probably depends on the player. I tend to tiptoe around PR tells and crumbs as all alignments. Claims are a little different.
are you saying I digged at your claim?

you said Cephrir was saved from a nightkill and I asked about it because I hadn't seen anything that indicated that. I didn't "dig for claims" at all.
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #3319 (ISO) » Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:19 am

Post by morph the cat »

In post 3311, Chiaotzu wrote:
In post 3308, morph the cat wrote:

why is Bins town?
No we didn't?

I see. What gave you that idea?
am I going to find out you were wrong to assume this? Still catching up
You're already past where we found out we were wrong. In fact, you quoted it. I feel like you're not really reading all that closely, unless posts directly involve you.

Posts through is where we thought Ceph was (re)-crumbing an inno on bins.

I went back through their iso to see if this made sense. Tammy initially was townreading bins, then expressed concern, and then in her first and final post of day 2 put bins back at town saying it was a strong ceph-read.

If you look at our trajectory from the posts I linked, you'll see that we immediately townbinned bins after that and kept her there until Ceph made his post saying if bins is scum, we'd be a strong potential partner.

That's when we realized he hadn't been crumbing an inno.
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #3320 (ISO) » Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:23 am

Post by morph the cat »

In post 3318, Chiaotzu wrote:
In post 3286, morph the cat wrote:On the gripping hand, is it a town player's first reaction to dig at a claim? He's the only player who overtly did that. I wondered if it was an ESL thing.

It doesn't really generalize, and probably depends on the player. I tend to tiptoe around PR tells and crumbs as all alignments. Claims are a little different.
are you saying I digged at your claim?

you said Cephrir was saved from a nightkill and I asked about it because I hadn't seen anything that indicated that. I didn't "dig for claims" at all.
That's because our saying he was saved from the N2 kill was a claim. I can maybe buy that you thought we were repeating something that had been stated before.
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #3321 (ISO) » Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:30 am

Post by morph the cat »

In post 3315, Cephrir wrote:(yes i do just really want to believe in something and will wantonly confbias to achieve this)
Elaborate?
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3322 (ISO) » Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:33 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 3310, Chiaotzu wrote:it is. That's why I think it's weird for you to look for scum on a wagon you supported yourself. Unless you know for a fact Valhalla is town, that doesn't make sense to me.
Can you at least answer what was town about their claim?
I like this post/question a lot. The mentality of "it's weird that Bins is scumhunting on the Wisdom wagon over the VaHa wagon while townreading VaHa" is one that I don't think scum!Chiao would come to easily.

Also we don't have to call it a "townblock" but I like everyone in Realeo's townblock

New and improved GL reads:

town: {Ceph, morph, Realeo}
probtown: {dreal, Chiao}
meh: {VaHa, implosion}
scummy: {Bins, Game Replacement}

Things I'd like to hear
-The VaHa case on Chiao
-A GR case on Bins

VOTE: Bins
I could join the implosion wagon too at the moment but I feel like he's townier than Bins and this vote is a spicier one for the gamestate
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3323 (ISO) » Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:37 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 3228, implosion wrote:But Bins's stances look like they've actually been evolving in response to new information, rather than just changing with what's convenient. For instance her vote right now is more or less a vanity vote on you. That's not especially beneficial for scum, although it could conceivably be scum waiting to put down a higher-impact vote but I have other reasons to townread bins (I remember having strong reasons d1 + her tone has generally seemed natural since then) and I haven't had strong towntells from chiao (iirc there was something at one point but it was fairly weak)
this case for town!Bins is not especially good. Can you reinforce it with a better argument?
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #3324 (ISO) » Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:39 am

Post by morph the cat »

I mostly like those reads, but I'm not sure how to order the bottom four.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”