Newbie 1815: Prisons [Endgame]

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #500 (ISO) » Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:29 am

Post by Alisae »

VOTE COUNT 2 . 22
  • aphix
    ---------- 3 ( DoctorPepper, Ciara24, osuka )
    L- 2

NotTheRealPaul
    - 2 ( aphix, Skitter30 )
    L- 3

Not Voting
    ----- 3 ( NotTheRealPaul, JaeReed, madtatters )
With 9 alive, it takes 5 to Lynch
Deadline is in (expired on 2017-08-29 19:41:35)
FOS COUNT 2 . 22
  • NotTheRealPaul
    - 1 ( Skitter30 )

Not FoS'ing
    ---- 7 ( JaeReed, Madtatters, osuka, aphix, Ciara24 )
With 9 alive, it takes 5 to Lynch
Deadline is in (expired on 2017-08-29 19:41:35)
GTKAS
| here.
Ciara24
Ciara24
Goon
Ciara24
Goon
Goon

Post Post #501 (ISO) » Wed Aug 23, 2017 10:06 am

Post by Ciara24 »

Jae, my problem with Aphix is that his posts flipped from doing pro-active things in day 1 to simply reacting to other people's posts in day 2. The moment he fabricated this 'scumslip' of Paul's, which I honestly just don't understand, he just stops posting relevant content. It's just constant 'I'm town, Paul is scum.' He still hasn't explained how what he posted is a scumslip. My one issue with voting him is that he's acting like newbscum when he clearly isn't newbscum. I'm still happy with my vote on him, because I'm not seeing scummy enough activity elsewhere to move it.
Ciara24
Ciara24
Goon
Ciara24
Goon
Goon

Post Post #502 (ISO) » Wed Aug 23, 2017 10:08 am

Post by Ciara24 »

In post 441, aphix wrote:Osuka, I can assure you my wagon and everything else this day has done more for town then anything or anyone else this game.

But your SOOo right ... Town in should just so fight their wagon tooth and nail, because it's totally like they are so close to losing if they get lynched..... *eyeroll*
why are you encouraging people not to fight their points here?
Ciara24
Ciara24
Goon
Ciara24
Goon
Goon

Post Post #503 (ISO) » Wed Aug 23, 2017 10:09 am

Post by Ciara24 »

In post 432, aphix wrote:Huh again. Still super glad that the only time NTRP wants to even attempt to make a stance on his own is on me, because it looks like a safe place for him. Which at least a few other town members are stupid enough to go with it.
like the only stance you've really made is on NTRP, so this is a weird statement.
Does insulting your fellow players usually work for you in terms of pushing a read?
Ciara24
Ciara24
Goon
Ciara24
Goon
Goon

Post Post #504 (ISO) » Wed Aug 23, 2017 10:15 am

Post by Ciara24 »

In post 461, JaeReed wrote:Ciara can you outline for me what you find sus about aphix's recent posts please? I might be an absolute sucker but I kinda read his attitude as townish right now.
As scum here he needs to appeal to others in order to survive this day phase and he's...not really doing that? Basically; I think his posting supports a town motivation more than a scum one right now. It's possible he's angry at being caught for the wrong reasons but I really don't get that? The anger and aggression seems pointed in a manner where he's still seemingly attempting to gamesolve to me.
can you point out somewhere in his recent posts where his anger = gamesolving? I'm not seeing that.
He's not a newbie and should know better than to start calling people stupid in an effort to get them to support his reads.
JaeReed
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #505 (ISO) » Wed Aug 23, 2017 10:26 am

Post by JaeReed »

@Ciara I think he's scumhunting in all of these despite the tone of the posts. His attitude is bad, yeah, but that doesn't make someone scum.

Spoiler:
In post 401, aphix wrote:
In post 391, NotTheRealPaul wrote:lack of counterwagon, speed of a wagon, etc dont make it bad

bad reasoning makes a bad wagon imo. aphix coulda dodged this shit had he answered first time i asked but now its l-1 and has yet to answer.
Also this ... So I should be lynched for not answering his stupid ass question that has an obvious answer is the reason I'm being lynched? Also, I haven't yet to answer ? Which I already answered at this point .... Clear signs of scum not reading the game.
In post 402, aphix wrote:Also, because who knows what is going to happen once I go to sleep here, you guys are crazy, also because I'm sure I'll get lynch after saying this. I'm only like 70-80% sure on NTRP, but this won't be the first time I've seen scum and people have ignored me. I'd honestly still much rather lynch Jae today. He continues I swear to actively not get on anyones radars, not make a stance, not upset the game all. he's not doing anything to scum hunt or further a town agenda.

Pretty sure tatters is just VI ... I mean, scum are going to take him to end game if he is town as that's just easy mislynch right there.
In post 421, aphix wrote:
In post 418, osuka wrote:in an universe where aphix flips town i'm willing to reconsider paul yes

you've made a good case but i'm confident that aphix will flip scum and i'm stubborn enough that i'd take my reads over yours any day. I hope i'm not fucking up here but if I am i'm sorry
Well, good thing is osuka is probtown, I don't see scum playing "aphix is clearly scum" this well at all, and I've seen it a lot.
In post 432, aphix wrote:Huh again. Still super glad that the only time NTRP wants to even attempt to make a stance on his own is on me, because it looks like a safe place for him. Which at least a few other town members are stupid enough to go with it.
In post 436, aphix wrote:Tatters wants to distance from a. Town lunch.
In post 457, aphix wrote:Well, lets see, look at my iso for who I think is scum and why. I've made it clear. Most the game has spent the day talking about why I'm scum for bullshit reasons and doing fuck all else. Saying my game was shit osuka? At least I got you guys talking abit before you fucks decided to go back to circle jerking, which was pretty much my only goal today. If you are so sold on my being scum and think I should be lynched this early in the day, maybe spend the rest of the day figuring out who my partner is but most importantly who's scum when I actually flip town.

Instead, you rail about bullshit. Maybe the site meta has shifted but if any of the reasons for me being scum is common to how this site is played now this site has gone downhill fast, I could find as good of play if I logged into ToS.

We also have our wonderful IC, who hasn't done anything in the game so far, GIANT red flag. He continues to do shit all. And even refuses to read the game. The fact that he's announcing it doesn't make it any better. It just makes me think he knows what he is doing is shit and trying to get you guys to buy into it. Guess what, all those who think Jae is town have, and continue to. If he is down ... It's not acceptable and you should be calling him on his shit as he isn't helping this game from any angle.

NTRP continue push on me is awful. I'm still pretty sold on the fact that he says MWAP is definitely going to flip scum but then when it talked about it today, MWAP was just being stupid town .... If you thought he was stupid town why try and push it as a scum slip instead of a mislynch? Why, because the scumslip call out was a mistake and if he continued that discussion it'd look bad.
In post 478, aphix wrote:
In post 472, NotTheRealPaul wrote:okay i wanna know something. if someone srs u and ur town are u supposed to not discredit them? like am i supposed to prop u up so that i get lynched? like should i say ur reads are good? like dafuq do u want?
This right here I think conveys another aspect of what I haven't liked about NTRP. Thing is ... If he's conf town. No you don't try and descredit him. Does that mean his reads are god reads? No. You don't put him on a pedestal, but you also don't try and descredit him because he SRs you, there should be some sort of attempt to work with him, because you know he's town. Some sort of attempt to actually prove something to him. This immediate knee jerk reaction of OMG he SRs me so everything he says is wrong is just ... an over reaction, and honestly it seems forced like he's trying to do something unreasonable for town cred or something.
In post 481, aphix wrote:Why Tatters. Why am I scum? Maybe some posts with reasons why I'm scummy. Also, why is Osuka town? What about a vote on mwap made him go from scum to town for you?!? WHY?
"Jae defends his townreads like a fanatic" - Charloux
"On the issue of myself they go back and forth between overpowering paranoia and absolute certainty I'm town... it's kind of exhausting." - Nahdia
aphix
aphix
Mafia Scum
aphix
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #506 (ISO) » Wed Aug 23, 2017 11:12 am

Post by aphix »

Ciara ... I'm only reacting to people day two?! ARe you reading the same game? I'm the reason you have any activity day two. If you are worried about someone that's not doing anything maybe you should SR yourself.

I explained the scum slip, day one he says MWAP is confirmed scum. He even states there is NO WAY he flips town (Emphasize is probably mine i'm not going back to check). Then day two he says, "Oh the whole time he was playing dumb town." Those two thoughts do NOT go side by side. Period. The fact that you misrep me here by saying I never explained it ... is fucked.

Not seeing any scummy activity ... Okay then maybe you should start playing and trying to find out. If you are have been so sold on me being scum your decision is to sit back and do NOTHING thre rest of the day? You aren't interacting with anyone, you arent' trying to get any more reads you just decide, "found scum done." If I am scum ... you I doubt you have SHIT to go on tomorrow. Why waste today?

I'm not advocating people not press their points and that's another horrible misrep. I'm saying i'm not going to defend myself, people can push their case just like I'm going to push mine, I may refute points against me and show how they aren't true but I'm not going to winge and whine and try so hard in my own defense.

NTPR is the only person that you think I've made a stance on? Huh. Okay. Maybe try reading my ISO again.

I don't call people names to get them to believe in my reads. I will call people out for not playing the game or really doing anything. The point isn't to get them to believe anything I have to say, but to become active in the game. Guess what, it gets people to post, hell your wall hiding in several posts, what made you decide to come write all of that, considering it's the most you've actually wrote all day phase?

Now I wonder how many more town points Jae is incorrectly recieving for WKing.
NotTheRealPaul
NotTheRealPaul
Mafia Scum
NotTheRealPaul
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #507 (ISO) » Wed Aug 23, 2017 12:53 pm

Post by NotTheRealPaul »

@aphix other than me who u think is scum? jae isnt wking per say just explaining his read.
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #508 (ISO) » Wed Aug 23, 2017 12:58 pm

Post by skitter30 »

I think I'm townreading Tatters' last post, even though I'm not certain I understand it.

@DP:
In post 498, DoctorPepper wrote:
In post 491, JaeReed wrote:DP, could you point me to the posts where you suspect aphix again, please? I want to review that when I get home as well as his reaction to his wagon.
My main point is the insistence that NTRP scumslipped
Where did this happen?
In post 446, skitter30 wrote:
In post 429, DoctorPepper wrote:Aphix was harping on something that wasn't a scumslip and was trying his damndest to convince everyone it was
Where did this happen?

@Jae:
In post 495, JaeReed wrote:3) Yes, I'm avoiding talking about Paul. That ties into the "not certain how to put into words" bit.
When you figure out how to put it into words, please share!

I have more to say here, but I'm going to give you a bit to try to figure out your Paul stance.

@Ciara:
In post 501, Ciara24 wrote:My one issue with voting him is that he's acting like newbscum when he clearly isn't newbscum.
In what way is he acting like newbscum?
In post 501, Ciara24 wrote:because I'm not seeing scummy enough activity elsewhere to move it.
Really? I have like 2.5 townreads right now, (ie two I'm confident on, and one that I'm kinda iffy on) and everyone else is looking rather scummy. Since they can't *all* be scum, I'm kinda having trouble figuring out how to sort the slots that I'm uncertain about.

Can you tell me what you think about everyone that isn't Aphix?
osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he/him/his

Post Post #509 (ISO) » Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:09 pm

Post by osuka »

aphix, one of the reasons i'm advocating for your lynch is you've just kinda sorta defended yourself d2 and made an ass job of it. You're not scumhunting anymore and you don't even look like you're trying to lynch people

I think you're scum for unrelated reasons and so you're prime lynch material imo. I'm not very involved with this game however and i'll read more into this later, but as it stands now this is how i see it

"I would also like to reiterate my claim that Osuka is sort of obviously town" - rc about scumsuka
"don't tell anyone, but there's a reason why you're one of my favourite people to mod for" - datisi
DoctorPepper
DoctorPepper
Coca-Cola
DoctorPepper
Coca-Cola
Coca-Cola

Post Post #510 (ISO) » Wed Aug 23, 2017 10:39 pm

Post by DoctorPepper »

In post 508, skitter30 wrote:I think I'm townreading Tatters' last post, even though I'm not certain I understand it.

@DP:
In post 498, DoctorPepper wrote:
In post 491, JaeReed wrote:DP, could you point me to the posts where you suspect aphix again, please? I want to review that when I get home as well as his reaction to his wagon.
My main point is the insistence that NTRP scumslipped
Where did this happen?
In post 429, DoctorPepper wrote:Aphix was harping on something that wasn't a scumslip and was trying his damndest to convince everyone it was
Where did this happen?

@Jae:
In post 495, JaeReed wrote:3) Yes, I'm avoiding talking about Paul. That ties into the "not certain how to put into words" bit.
When you figure out how to put it into words, please share!

I have more to say here, but I'm going to give you a bit to try to figure out your Paul stance.

@Ciara:
In post 501, Ciara24 wrote:My one issue with voting him is that he's acting like newbscum when he clearly isn't newbscum.
In what way is he acting like newbscum?
In post 501, Ciara24 wrote:because I'm not seeing scummy enough activity elsewhere to move it.
Really? I have like 2.5 townreads right now, (ie two I'm confident on, and one that I'm kinda iffy on) and everyone else is looking rather scummy. Since they can't *all* be scum, I'm kinda having trouble figuring out how to sort the slots that I'm uncertain about.

Can you tell me what you think about everyone that isn't Aphix?
Skitter are you even reading the thread? Aphix literally said he did that no even three posts above yours.
Show
Keep calm and Drink Dr Pepper :)

Quarantine is driving me crazy :(

Get to know a Pepper!!!
DoctorPepper
DoctorPepper
Coca-Cola
DoctorPepper
Coca-Cola
Coca-Cola

Post Post #511 (ISO) » Wed Aug 23, 2017 10:39 pm

Post by DoctorPepper »

In post 506, aphix wrote:Ciara ... I'm only reacting to people day two?! ARe you reading the same game? I'm the reason you have any activity day two. If you are worried about someone that's not doing anything maybe you should SR yourself.

I explained the scum slip, day one he says MWAP is confirmed scum. He even states there is NO WAY he flips town (Emphasize is probably mine i'm not going back to check). Then day two he says, "Oh the whole time he was playing dumb town." Those two thoughts do NOT go side by side. Period. The fact that you misrep me here by saying I never explained it ... is fucked.

Not seeing any scummy activity ... Okay then maybe you should start playing and trying to find out. If you are have been so sold on me being scum your decision is to sit back and do NOTHING thre rest of the day? You aren't interacting with anyone, you arent' trying to get any more reads you just decide, "found scum done." If I am scum ... you I doubt you have SHIT to go on tomorrow. Why waste today?

I'm not advocating people not press their points and that's another horrible misrep. I'm saying i'm not going to defend myself, people can push their case just like I'm going to push mine, I may refute points against me and show how they aren't true but I'm not going to winge and whine and try so hard in my own defense.

NTPR is the only person that you think I've made a stance on? Huh. Okay. Maybe try reading my ISO again.

I don't call people names to get them to believe in my reads. I will call people out for not playing the game or really doing anything. The point isn't to get them to believe anything I have to say, but to become active in the game. Guess what, it gets people to post, hell your wall hiding in several posts, what made you decide to come write all of that, considering it's the most you've actually wrote all day phase?

Now I wonder how many more town points Jae is incorrectly recieving for WKing.
@skitter. Right here.
Show

Get to know a Pepper!!!
aphix
aphix
Mafia Scum
aphix
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #512 (ISO) » Thu Aug 24, 2017 3:36 am

Post by aphix »

In post 509, osuka wrote:aphix, one of the reasons i'm advocating for your lynch is you've just kinda sorta defended yourself d2 and made an ass job of it. You're not scumhunting anymore and you don't even look like you're trying to lynch people

I think you're scum for unrelated reasons and so you're prime lynch material imo. I'm not very involved with this game however and i'll read more into this later, but as it stands now this is how i see it

Cool. Well I've stated why I think two people need to be lynched. Also, you're saying I'm not trying to lynch people and only defending myself doing nothing else? Can you tell me what game activity anyone else is doing? I'm not even sure everyone is posting. What they are posting is "aphix should be lynched" there isn't any actually pushes or reasoning or attempts to actually lynch me. So you're reasoning applies to literally everyone else int he game right now. Including yourself.

Also, the games nearly fucking stalled out. If you are going to lynch me fine, cool. Why spend all day pussy footing around it. Either continue playing the game with the intent to lynch me and try to get actual information out of the day and be prepared for me to flip town, or fucking lynch me and move on with the day instead of stall out further with more and more apathy building up and therefore ruining the game.

Scum is maintaining inactivity here. They aren't posting content and they are hiding among a inactive town. And you guys are letting them on the basis that, "ooh, aphix tried to say someone scumslipped and he's a little mean so clearly he's scum." One I still support it's a possible scum slip, two, I've already stated I don't think it's 100% confirmed but it's something to go off of. Three, yeah, I'm an asshole. Make no apologizes for it. Not AI. There's probably more to say here but it's worthless for me to talk about my meta.

Paul still needs to be lynched. Barring a paul lynch the only one I'd consider currently, and I'm still waiting for some posts on someone, is JaeReed. Two most likely scum in this game.
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #513 (ISO) » Thu Aug 24, 2017 4:50 am

Post by skitter30 »

I agree with basically everything you've said above (although I don't think I've contributed to the inactivity).

That post is town. Aphix is town.

Can we all do something more productive and try to like lynch someone you think is scum? Even Aphix pushes, which are bad cuz he's town, would help the game state.

I could lynch Jae. Paul is still scum, but that might get more traction.
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #514 (ISO) » Thu Aug 24, 2017 5:07 am

Post by skitter30 »

@DP:
Where did this happen?
Yes, I'm reading the thread.

At the time of the above, the *only* two posts where Aphix talked about the scumslip were the two below. I'm trying to understand why you wrote the above when he hadn't 'harped on' it or 'tr[ied] his damndest to convince everyone it was'. If you think he had done either of those two things, I want you to point out to me where he did it, cuz I don't see that at all. The two posts below do not fit the accusation you're making. If anything, in the second post, he degrades Paul's actions from being a 'scumslip' into being a 'clear disconnect in that thinking'.

I don't think you're accurately representing what happened, which is why I'm poking at this. At best, I think you're being confbiased and are misreading the thread in an attempt to support your POV. At worst, you're scum who is misrepping him in order to push through a mislynch.

In post 365, aphix wrote:
In post 264, NotTheRealPaul wrote:everyones next post should include
VOTE: MWAP
In post 266, NotTheRealPaul wrote:why the fuck does he flip town? do u think he intentionally being a little shit to get mislynched?
In post 361, NotTheRealPaul wrote:yes he got angry but content wise he provided nothing and was keeping with useless townie.
Scumslip.
In post 383, aphix wrote:Alright. One there is something there. You notice he says there is NO way MWAP flips town. Now, he's saying that MWAP wasn't providing any content and was "keeping with useless townie".

There is a clear disconnect in that thinking there.
NotTheRealPaul
NotTheRealPaul
Mafia Scum
NotTheRealPaul
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #515 (ISO) » Thu Aug 24, 2017 11:07 am

Post by NotTheRealPaul »

still not scum but *shrug*

learn from our se last game and dont waste ur time tunnelling me.
NotTheRealPaul
NotTheRealPaul
Mafia Scum
NotTheRealPaul
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #516 (ISO) » Thu Aug 24, 2017 11:09 am

Post by NotTheRealPaul »

@dp get off the scumslip trash. he barely mentioned it. ya ik others have mentioned but idc i wanna say it too cuz its getting annoyibg
NotTheRealPaul
NotTheRealPaul
Mafia Scum
NotTheRealPaul
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #517 (ISO) » Thu Aug 24, 2017 12:03 pm

Post by NotTheRealPaul »

@aphixif scum is maintaining inactivity how am i scum? like srsly how? im one of the mist active although ive calmed down a bit
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #518 (ISO) » Thu Aug 24, 2017 12:12 pm

Post by skitter30 »

@Paul:

Yeah, that SE was tunneling you, but *I'm* the one who talked him out of mislynching you like three times. I spent pages arguing that you couldn't be scum there, and I did a good enough job explaining my townread that you became universally townread and became the nightkill even though *we had living conftown*. This isn't a baseless tunnel, and I'm not wasting my time.

You aren't being inactive in the sense of not-posting, but you're kinda fluffposting. Like, you have a high post count, but a lot of it is shitposting or defending yourself. Very little of it today has been attempts to move the game forward by pushing people.

What do you think? Should we lynch Jae?
DoctorPepper
DoctorPepper
Coca-Cola
DoctorPepper
Coca-Cola
Coca-Cola

Post Post #519 (ISO) » Thu Aug 24, 2017 12:20 pm

Post by DoctorPepper »

V/LA til Monday. I'm on vacation
Show

Get to know a Pepper!!!
osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #520 (ISO) » Thu Aug 24, 2017 12:39 pm

Post by osuka »

In post 513, skitter30 wrote:I agree with basically everything you've said above (although I don't think I've contributed to the inactivity).

That post is town. Aphix is town.

Can we all do something more productive and try to like lynch someone you think is scum? Even Aphix pushes, which are bad cuz he's town, would help the game state.

I could lynch Jae. Paul is still scum, but that might get more traction.
I agree with aphix sounding super town in this last post. I'm reconsidering his lynch to be completely honest

i'd be fine with a jae lynch but I still think ntrp is town. I wouldn't be fine with lynching paul d1

"I would also like to reiterate my claim that Osuka is sort of obviously town" - rc about scumsuka
"don't tell anyone, but there's a reason why you're one of my favourite people to mod for" - datisi
aphix
aphix
Mafia Scum
aphix
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #521 (ISO) » Thu Aug 24, 2017 4:40 pm

Post by aphix »

In post 517, NotTheRealPaul wrote:@aphixif scum is maintaining inactivity how am i scum? like srsly how? im one of the mist active although ive calmed down a bit
You are posting. You aren't actually trying to get anything accomplished.

Well, still waiting on some things but for now,

VOTE: JaeRead
osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #522 (ISO) » Thu Aug 24, 2017 4:48 pm

Post by osuka »

since this is the first vote on jae, let's get a wagon going here
VOTE: jaered

NotTheRealPaul
NotTheRealPaul
Mafia Scum
NotTheRealPaul
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #523 (ISO) » Thu Aug 24, 2017 6:35 pm

Post by NotTheRealPaul »

ya its fair im not doing much. tbh this game is kinda a blur since i unvoted aphix. idrk whats been said.

VOTE: jae
JaeReed
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #524 (ISO) » Thu Aug 24, 2017 8:16 pm

Post by JaeReed »

VOTE: Paul

w/e
"Jae defends his townreads like a fanatic" - Charloux
"On the issue of myself they go back and forth between overpowering paranoia and absolute certainty I'm town... it's kind of exhausting." - Nahdia

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”