Newbie 1817 - Bolo (Game Over)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
adilm29h
adilm29h
Goon
adilm29h
Goon
Goon

Post Post #500 (ISO) » Mon Aug 28, 2017 5:46 am

Post by adilm29h »

In post 496, FancyPants wrote:
In post 494, Xa ligha wrote:
In post 342, adilm29h wrote: Also what I think about the nk isn't relevant at all. It's just a bunch of guessing and second guessing, so pretend I humored you and explain your line of thought please.
Please humour me anyway, NK information is bad information, but it isn't unusable. I've seen games where NK information has helped with the lynching of scum.

@Adlim, I meant the wagons who have been on in the past, not your current wagon (although also your current wagon).
Adlim you've already said yourself that GreyIce is either a bad IC or scum (in your eyes) why is it more obvious to you that she is scum?
I already gave my reasons as to why he was so obviously scum in my last post in this and the previous page.
But to some it up, this is forum mafia therefore you can re read your posts before actually submitting and taking time to think etc. Therefore GreyIce got emotional on purpose. An experienced player such as GreyIce would have definitely thought of using profanity as a cover up. He has used it twice so Far when prodded rather than co-operating. Why would a townie have no reason to Co-operate, And if they do not want to co-operate why not just give a reason, rather than being an asshole.

I feel like he is hiding something, I really feel like he is a Scum in my opinion, It is pretty obvious with his behaviour. He isn't always like that, when agreed with he co-operates, however when someone prods him a bit he gets very angry and way too defensive for no reason. Even a small prod such as to not avoid the question. He gets way too defensive.

It is everyone's right to be prodded and to communicate unless you have something to hide why would you resist and create a 2 page commotion for no reason.
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #501 (ISO) » Mon Aug 28, 2017 6:02 am

Post by GreyICE »

In post 499, FancyPants wrote:GreyIce, I've considered such things as well since we won my last Newbie with a mass claim but what if Gorny submitted the kill?
Then the jailkeeper and the tracker tell us nothing.
Gorny was fucking dead.

Dead people don't submit fucking kills.
Show
That which is done out of love always takes place beyond good and evil

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #502 (ISO) » Mon Aug 28, 2017 6:03 am

Post by GreyICE »

So yeah, anyway, that's why we have IC notes in newbie games. Tracker/Cop/Jailkeeper target is confirmed town.
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #503 (ISO) » Mon Aug 28, 2017 6:04 am

Post by GreyICE »

As a side note, all your roles stop working after death.
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
adilm29h
adilm29h
Goon
adilm29h
Goon
Goon

Post Post #504 (ISO) » Mon Aug 28, 2017 6:16 am

Post by adilm29h »

In post 501, GreyICE wrote:
In post 499, FancyPants wrote:GreyIce, I've considered such things as well since we won my last Newbie with a mass claim but what if Gorny submitted the kill?
Then the jailkeeper and the tracker tell us nothing.
Gorny was fucking dead.

Dead people don't submit fucking kills.
Those words of anger sound really fake and forced^^ just saying
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #505 (ISO) » Mon Aug 28, 2017 6:30 am

Post by GreyICE »

Not angry mate.

So did you really miss three separate clues that we weren't playing... what card game anyway? Werewolves of Miller's Hollow? No, that's not it. Ultimate Werewolf? Nope, that doesn't have those lynching rules. EpicMafia, Town of Salem? No, they don't have those lynching rules.

See, I might believe your card game has them (I don't know every variant of mafia ever put into a card game) but it strains credulity that you've never encountered another lynching system,
and
you missed every time it was outright stated that lynches resulted in death immediately,
and
the multiple implications that it was like that (such as warning people over L-1). It's very hard to find werewolf and mafia variants that use those rules. So I kind of have to imagine town Adilm and you:

- Play mafia as a card game and have never played any other variants
- Go online and find this as your one and only search result you visit
- Don't read any other game on this site, including any newbie game, to determine that we don't lynch like that
- Don't read the rules (despite being extremely new to forum mafia and admittedly unfamiliar with it)
- Don't read the IC explanations (despite being extremely new to forum mafia)
- See people warning others that Gorny is at L-1 and should claim and don't think "well couldn't he just do that as his defense"?
- Hammer without asking for clarification, knowing full well you hammered, and don't mention it in the post.

Even if I buy all that, I still am left with your hammering Gorny meaning literally nothing by your own admission, since he could have just "successfully defended himself" and wiggled out of it.
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
adilm29h
adilm29h
Goon
adilm29h
Goon
Goon

Post Post #506 (ISO) » Mon Aug 28, 2017 6:36 am

Post by adilm29h »

Yes I have only played one variation. I have played mafia like 10-15 times in total only and in one card game version with the same people.
Well in all honesty, I just really enjoyed playing Mafia in real life, i just saw this forum and then joined it.
I did read all the rules but there were soo many that i forgot half of them.

I didn't mean to lynch him, But now that I have, I still feel it is a good move in my opinion lynching him.
adilm29h
adilm29h
Goon
adilm29h
Goon
Goon

Post Post #507 (ISO) » Mon Aug 28, 2017 6:50 am

Post by adilm29h »

and i still think it was FUCKING unnecessary of you to swear you dumbass.
Xa ligha
Xa ligha
Goon
Xa ligha
Goon
Goon

Post Post #508 (ISO) » Mon Aug 28, 2017 8:51 am

Post by Xa ligha »

Fine, I'll humor as much to say I think the draynth kill was good for town in that he wasn't the most vocal town. It also makes me suspect a newer player because he was an SE, but I'm not giving that a lot of weight.
Xa ligha
Xa ligha
Goon
Xa ligha
Goon
Goon

Post Post #509 (ISO) » Mon Aug 28, 2017 8:52 am

Post by Xa ligha »

In post 507, adilm29h wrote:and i still think it was FUCKING unnecessary of you to swear you dumbass.
You weaken your argument, no matter how correct it is by doing the same thing you're tellng him not to do. Also GreyIce why don't you chill out some, you're really aggressive for this being a game.
Xa ligha
Xa ligha
Goon
Xa ligha
Goon
Goon

Post Post #510 (ISO) » Mon Aug 28, 2017 8:54 am

Post by Xa ligha »

In post 498, GreyICE wrote:
IC Note to PRs:

There is 100% guaranteed to be a Tracker, Jailer, or Cop in the game per the setup rules. At this point you know something for a fact: Whoever you targeted last night is almost certainly guaranteed town*. If they investigated town, if they were prevented from submitting any actions, if they didn't visit the night kill, they're town. Now I don't think claiming today is optimal, but whatever you do, make sure if you're shot tonight we can figure out who it was. If you've already done so that's fine, but if you haven't, find a way. As simple as a reads list is fine, someone who is confirmed town is pretty damn townie so they're probably tops.

*the exception is if the jailkeeper is roleblocked by the mafia roleblocker, but this is such an incredibly low chance we can discount it almost entirely.

FancyPants
Aster
Xa Ligha
CD
MotherGothel
Adlim
Why the list of names?
FancyPants
FancyPants
he/him
Mafia Scum
FancyPants
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #511 (ISO) » Mon Aug 28, 2017 9:10 am

Post by FancyPants »

In post 508, Xa ligha wrote:Fine, I'll humor as much to say I think the draynth kill was good for town in that he wasn't the most vocal town. It also makes me suspect a newer player because he was an SE, but I'm not giving that a lot of weight.
Pretty much my thoughts.

I generally find scum will defend their validity of their kills even when, people say it's bad.

Which is why adlim's response about why the NK was a good one was weird.

Perhaps just getting rid of adlim is the move here. Mothergothel thoughts?
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #512 (ISO) » Mon Aug 28, 2017 9:25 am

Post by GreyICE »

In post 510, Xa ligha wrote:
In post 498, GreyICE wrote:
IC Note to PRs:

There is 100% guaranteed to be a Tracker, Jailer, or Cop in the game per the setup rules. At this point you know something for a fact: Whoever you targeted last night is almost certainly guaranteed town*. If they investigated town, if they were prevented from submitting any actions, if they didn't visit the night kill, they're town. Now I don't think claiming today is optimal, but whatever you do, make sure if you're shot tonight we can figure out who it was. If you've already done so that's fine, but if you haven't, find a way. As simple as a reads list is fine, someone who is confirmed town is pretty damn townie so they're probably tops.

*the exception is if the jailkeeper is roleblocked by the mafia roleblocker, but this is such an incredibly low chance we can discount it almost entirely.

FancyPants
Aster
Xa Ligha
CD
MotherGothel
Adlim
Why the list of names?
Towniest to scummiest
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #513 (ISO) » Mon Aug 28, 2017 9:28 am

Post by GreyICE »

In post 507, adilm29h wrote:and i still think it was FUCKING unnecessary of you to swear you dumbass.
Oh for fucks sake.
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #514 (ISO) » Mon Aug 28, 2017 9:31 am

Post by GreyICE »

Look, there's swearing here. As in most of the world, it's not a big deal. For the record I've cut way back on it for this game, but this is not a children's group.
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
cd
cd
Goon
cd
Goon
Goon

Post Post #515 (ISO) » Mon Aug 28, 2017 9:34 am

Post by cd »

Since people are all over adilm, I went back to re-read him and now I'm conflicted heavily on adilm. One side of me can easily see him being town, and another side of me can easily see him being scum. I am leaning more towards him being town, but I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest either if he was scum. All his actions have an excuse for them to be done as a "newb-town", but they can also very well be done by a scum pretending to be a newb.

If anything, I agree with FancyPants' statement of "perhaps getting rid of adilm is the move here" because I think in the end-game, if adilm ends up being there, he'd be a very hard read at that point.
cd
cd
Goon
cd
Goon
Goon

Post Post #516 (ISO) » Mon Aug 28, 2017 9:54 am

Post by cd »

And yes, I realise that I'm sitting on the fence with the post above, but considering that I don't see the lynch going on anybody else today, I figured I'd give it a re-read and give back my input. It is what it is.

@FancyPants; did your scumread on XL change at all with his recent posts?
FancyPants
FancyPants
he/him
Mafia Scum
FancyPants
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #517 (ISO) » Mon Aug 28, 2017 10:00 am

Post by FancyPants »

In post 516, cd wrote:And yes, I realise that I'm sitting on the fence with the post above, but considering that I don't see the lynch going on anybody else today, I figured I'd give it a re-read and give back my input. It is what it is.

@FancyPants; did your scumread on XL change at all with his recent posts?
XL makes sense more from a process of elimination point of view.

That said he talks sense. Sadly talking sense doesn't make you town but it certainly makes it hard to build a case on someone, if adlim flips town my biggest suspects would be xl and mothergothel, then probably greyice and aster who are close, I haven't given much thought to aster scum, but they have gotten quieter as the game has progressed which I find pretty suspicious in a game when town are winning quite handily.
cd
cd
Goon
cd
Goon
Goon

Post Post #518 (ISO) » Mon Aug 28, 2017 10:02 am

Post by cd »

I really wish MG28 would have posted while I was sleeping, I don't see this lynch going any other way but I don't want us to hammer without her input and opinions.
FancyPants
FancyPants
he/him
Mafia Scum
FancyPants
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #519 (ISO) » Mon Aug 28, 2017 10:02 am

Post by FancyPants »

I mean as long as we don't lynch a PR and the scum doesn't hit our investigative PR we probably mathematically win anyway with a mass claim (GreyIce is right in that most of our investigative roles have been upgraded to cops).
FancyPants
FancyPants
he/him
Mafia Scum
FancyPants
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #520 (ISO) » Mon Aug 28, 2017 10:03 am

Post by FancyPants »

We definitely can't hammer.
We need MG to post and more importantly adlim to claim, we significantly affect our win rate if we lynch a PR.
cd
cd
Goon
cd
Goon
Goon

Post Post #521 (ISO) » Mon Aug 28, 2017 10:04 am

Post by cd »

There are a few scenarios where we don't mathematically auto-win, though. Like cop/tracker checking the person who died the same night, or roleblocker.

Also, since I don't think MG28's opinion is going to change where this lynch is going, I think adilm should claim regardless of if MG28 posted or not.
cd
cd
Goon
cd
Goon
Goon

Post Post #522 (ISO) » Mon Aug 28, 2017 10:06 am

Post by cd »

So unless someone disagrees with the above:

@adilm; you should claim your role.
Xa ligha
Xa ligha
Goon
Xa ligha
Goon
Goon

Post Post #523 (ISO) » Mon Aug 28, 2017 10:43 am

Post by Xa ligha »

UNVOTE: makes a hammer less likely. I still like adilm as a lynch though we have plenty of time to think this through, and wait for mg to post
adilm29h
adilm29h
Goon
adilm29h
Goon
Goon

Post Post #524 (ISO) » Mon Aug 28, 2017 3:31 pm

Post by adilm29h »

In post 511, FancyPants wrote:
In post 508, Xa ligha wrote:Fine, I'll humor as much to say I think the draynth kill was good for town in that he wasn't the most vocal town. It also makes me suspect a newer player because he was an SE, but I'm not giving that a lot of weight.
Pretty much my thoughts.

I generally find scum will defend their validity of their kills even when, people say it's bad.

Which is why adlim's response about why the NK was a good one was weird.

Perhaps just getting rid of adlim is the move here. Mothergothel thoughts?
this makes no sense bro?
You ask me if Darynth was a good kill? I am going to put my self in the shoes of scum and answer that question, as if I killed Darynth. It seems like you are just trying to put the blame on me

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”