Newbie 1820 | Cake Wrecks | Endgame

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators.
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #325 (ISO) » Fri Sep 01, 2017 5:46 am

Post by Creature »

What was the reaction test acidphoenix was talking about?
Sigh
Macemeetface7
Macemeetface7
Goon
Macemeetface7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #326 (ISO) » Fri Sep 01, 2017 5:47 am

Post by Macemeetface7 »

This is my first Mafia game. But I've read up alot (more than 50) and I had a friend teach me the basics
Macemeetface7
Macemeetface7
Goon
Macemeetface7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #327 (ISO) » Fri Sep 01, 2017 5:48 am

Post by Macemeetface7 »

In post 325, Creature wrote:What was the reaction test acidphoenix was talking about?
I didn't believe he was geninely scumreading me. So I challenged him by saying that. Honestly I was trying to make myself look cool. Then we started arguing about pointless stuff
Spartan117
Spartan117
Mafia Scum
Spartan117
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #328 (ISO) » Fri Sep 01, 2017 6:13 am

Post by Spartan117 »

In post 277, Chucksmohawk wrote:
In post 228, Spartan117 wrote:No chance mate, been reading through and its given me a headache trying to understand what you two are talking about.

Could everyone quote what they are referring to and include the post number #_ otherwise it makes it so hard to understand the path that people are taking with their conversations.
In post 229, Spartan117 wrote:Acids play vastly contrasts that of their play last game, where I commented a couple times on the minimal amount of posts to the chat they provided, its like you ask for a bus and then a load come all at once xD
In post 230, Spartan117 wrote:Mace what do you think of Creatures play so far this game?
I also found myself really vibing on these posts from Spartan. I think they serve well to discredit the interaction between Mace and Acid as relevant, question Acid slightly, and then give Mace a platform to move on. Maybe I'm reading too much, and am reading potential pairings too early, but it did stand out to me as a potential partner worrying about Mace and wanting to move things on. This was then furthered by a feel of both moving towards putting some alternative pressure on Creature.
Wasn't trying to discredit the interaction at all, just found it terrible trying to understand what was going on. I don't really see how it was a platform to move on, as I wasn't involved in the previous interaction, that was for Acid or Mace to chase up anything they were unhappy with. I just wanted to start a conversation I could partake in, and I wanted to know Maces opinion on Creature, in relation to that, Chuck whats your opinion on our IC Creature, what do you think of his interactions so far?
Spartan117
Spartan117
Mafia Scum
Spartan117
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #329 (ISO) » Fri Sep 01, 2017 6:18 am

Post by Spartan117 »

Oh also I'd personally advice not to get too caught up with scum teams at this point, it can be quite misleading when you could just have a town team, or a scum working with a town, from my experience from 1812. I find its best to make some notes as you go along, putting down who has had confrontational conversations and who has had "teamworky" conversations and what them conversations have led to. I mean I make notes on other things too, thats just relevant to team reads.
Spartan117
Spartan117
Mafia Scum
Spartan117
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #330 (ISO) » Fri Sep 01, 2017 6:27 am

Post by Spartan117 »

In post 283, Chucksmohawk wrote:
In post 279, Macemeetface7 wrote:
In post 276, Chucksmohawk wrote:Ok, so I am getting a strong scum lean towards Mace. I have found elements of his longer interactions with Acid and myself to be dishonest in parts, in the sense that he has been selective about picking apart arguments to bolster his point and I feel he intentionally misunderstands at times. I think he has been too defensive in suggesting moves were scummy and tried to discredit individuals at times rather than attack their actual responses. I also think he can be seen to avoid direct questions and redirect when things become potentially tricky.
That's alot of stuff there. Can you quote on all of that?
If it feels like a lot then its because I wanted to be careful in considering a vote on you in particular, because I didn't want it to be coloured by the tone of our first interaction. I think some of it is already covered in our first interaction, during which I already wondered aloud whether you were intentionally misrepresenting my point and were trying to cast doubt on me as town as a result. I will see if quotes can be more helpful later.
This quote shows both Chucks #276 and #283 both seem very vague and lack direct information while at the same time claiming a lot of stuff.
You say at the end of #276 that Mace has been "seen to avoid direct questions and redirect when things become potentially tricky" and then in your responce to him asking for you to provide evidence in the form of quotes of your claims about him, you state "I will see if quotes can be more helpful later" That is a obvious attempted dodge at trying to explain your reasons for why you think Mace is scum, I just dont see a reason to refuse to provide evidence for reads unless you have something to hide.
Spartan117
Spartan117
Mafia Scum
Spartan117
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #331 (ISO) » Fri Sep 01, 2017 6:30 am

Post by Spartan117 »

In post 288, Chucksmohawk wrote:Now I'm off out. I'll be back later today to try and add to this. I don't have time to discuss creature because i spent so much time discussing you this morning. Basically - creature for me = town, but...
@Chuck when you do get back, why does Creature = Town? and what do you mean by "but..." is that just your open ending for your return?
Chucksmohawk
Chucksmohawk
Townie
Chucksmohawk
Townie
Townie

Post Post #332 (ISO) » Fri Sep 01, 2017 6:34 am

Post by Chucksmohawk »

I'm posting briefly from my ohone so apologies if this reads like crap.

Mace - I took my vote on you seriosuly and I want to get it right. I don't want to vote incorrectly and lynch a townie. I am happy to pick out the parts of your interactions which troubled me, and if you or someone else corrects me in a way I think makes more sense than I did, I will accept that.

But, you've made about 5 or 6 separate requests for me to answer specific questions, provide quotes backing up previous posts or provide reads on other players since mid-morning when i last posted. You seem to have a good amount of time to post, but I am limited sometimes and work is unpredictable. You will have to wait for responses, especially at that pace. There are other players too and I would like to also interact with some of them. I do not want to tunnel visioned into focusing on only you, even if I do have my current lean.
Spartan117
Spartan117
Mafia Scum
Spartan117
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #333 (ISO) » Fri Sep 01, 2017 6:35 am

Post by Spartan117 »

In post 274, Dunkerdoodles wrote:seems like acid and mace were in a bit of a 1v1.
early townreads on (acid, spartan, chuck, raya)

@creature why do you townread mace?
Hey Dunker, you ask Creature about his town read on mace, what do you think of Mace and why do you think it? (please provide quotes)

Also why do you have townreads on Acid, me, chuck and raya?

Furthermore any thoughts on Fenrir?
Macemeetface7
Macemeetface7
Goon
Macemeetface7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #334 (ISO) » Fri Sep 01, 2017 6:36 am

Post by Macemeetface7 »

HELL YEA GO GET EM SPARTAN
Macemeetface7
Macemeetface7
Goon
Macemeetface7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #335 (ISO) » Fri Sep 01, 2017 6:39 am

Post by Macemeetface7 »

I didn't mean to slam my fists on the desk and yell "EVIDENCE NOW CHUCK"

I wanted to reinforce the idea of how important it is to continue what you started, in general
Chucksmohawk
Chucksmohawk
Townie
Chucksmohawk
Townie
Townie

Post Post #336 (ISO) » Fri Sep 01, 2017 6:43 am

Post by Chucksmohawk »

In post 331, Spartan117 wrote:
In post 288, Chucksmohawk wrote:Now I'm off out. I'll be back later today to try and add to this. I don't have time to discuss creature because i spent so much time discussing you this morning. Basically - creature for me = town, but...
@Chuck when you do get back, why does Creature = Town? and what do you mean by "but..." is that just your open ending for your return?
It was short answer currently lean slight town, but with caveats which I was interested to see if other people were troubled by. Which to address one if maces questions is why I was keen on hearing from you and he about creature. At the time i wrote it (prior to todays posts) I had mace and creature in my mind as two I was most interested in increasing a read on. I think creatures style wasn't what I was expecting after his start, as it seemed pretty cagey, short on explanation at times, and his placing all the real low posters in his scum pool felt a bit of an odd move (though I think is better explained now i realise these arent his scumreads exactly). But i was conscious of not wanting to judge his style because of what i maybe assumed an IC would post like. So i was unsure, and felt jy read could sway to scumlean more easily with inout from others.
Chucksmohawk
Chucksmohawk
Townie
Chucksmohawk
Townie
Townie

Post Post #337 (ISO) » Fri Sep 01, 2017 6:45 am

Post by Chucksmohawk »

In post 335, Macemeetface7 wrote:I didn't mean to slam my fists on the desk and yell "EVIDENCE NOW CHUCK"

I wanted to reinforce the idea of how important it is to continue what you started, in general
Which is completely fair. But my girlfriend is going to throw my phone out the window and end what She started with me if I don't get off this game for a bit.
Macemeetface7
Macemeetface7
Goon
Macemeetface7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #338 (ISO) » Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:00 am

Post by Macemeetface7 »

good luck
Spartan117
Spartan117
Mafia Scum
Spartan117
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #339 (ISO) » Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:11 am

Post by Spartan117 »

In post 337, Chucksmohawk wrote:
In post 335, Macemeetface7 wrote:I didn't mean to slam my fists on the desk and yell "EVIDENCE NOW CHUCK"

Which is completely fair. But my girlfriend is going to throw my phone out the window and end what She started with me if I don't get off this game for a bit.
Haha Legend
Spartan117
Spartan117
Mafia Scum
Spartan117
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #340 (ISO) » Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:13 am

Post by Spartan117 »

In post 338, Macemeetface7 wrote:good luck
Since we seem to be the only ones who can post atm, what do you think of Raya and Fenrirs posts so far? Both made 11 posts so far, im gonna comb through and see if I can find specific alignment material.
Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #341 (ISO) » Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:30 am

Post by Plotinus »

Official Vote Count 1.11

LynchingWith 9 votes in play, it takes 5 to lynch.

:!:
Macemeetface7
(2): Raya36, Fenrir, Chucksmohawk
L-2

Creature
(2): Macemeetface7, Spartan117
Assemblerotws
(1): acidphoenix

Not Voting
(3): Assemblerotws, Dunkerdoodles, Creature

Deadline:
(expired on 2017-09-09 15:30:00).

Mod notes:
Keep it fun!

Assemblerotwsis being replaced.

acidphoenix is V/LA until 5th September.
The failure mode of clever is asshole.

Modding checklists | Sequencer is in Game 5 | Space II is in Day 4
Dunkerdoodles
Dunkerdoodles
Mafia Scum
Dunkerdoodles
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #342 (ISO) » Fri Sep 01, 2017 8:04 am

Post by Dunkerdoodles »

In post 334, Macemeetface7 wrote:HELL YEA GO GET EM SPARTAN
this could be seen as buddying
Dunkerdoodles
Dunkerdoodles
Mafia Scum
Dunkerdoodles
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #343 (ISO) » Fri Sep 01, 2017 8:13 am

Post by Dunkerdoodles »

mace's style of play is very interesting which is hard for me to read. i read acid as town though, so i'm trying to figure out if acid v mace is tvt or tvs.
btw i was asking creature about his read to get some ideas what others think of mace. i find it helpful to get some other input when trying to read a different playstyle.

spartan's posts have been good so far, i think he's town.
same can be said for chuck

also normally when i townread i don't really give a lot of reasoning, i just sorta do it.
sometimes i do that for scumreads too.

this post is why i townread raya
In post 169, Raya36 wrote:I don't think I like Mace right now.
In post 111, Macemeetface7 wrote:Fenrir if you are a new player why are you putting effort to make such long posts?
This seems odd to me. It almost seems like he's discouraging content from Fenrir or maybe even trying to discredit something he had said.
In post 140, Macemeetface7 wrote:Too early for me to make reads
In post 142, Macemeetface7 wrote:Macemeetface7 - lock town
everyone else - different shades of null

good enough?
There has been very little attempt to come up with or share reads. Yes, it's early, but there is still plenty of content to get some reads from.
In post 164, Macemeetface7 wrote: I have no opinion on the bulletproof claiming thing. I didn't even fully read that post
No attempt to help out in this discussion which could potentially be a big decision for town.
In post 165, Macemeetface7 wrote:Let's put Creature at L-2
Thought it was too early for reads. So why?

VOTE: Mace
Spartan117
Spartan117
Mafia Scum
Spartan117
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #344 (ISO) » Fri Sep 01, 2017 8:25 am

Post by Spartan117 »

I fear we may have lost Raya to the AFK police who have currently already arrested, Acid, Assembles, and Dunker. It is like a 5 player game atm unfortunately :(

Rayas last post was on page 7 and my thoughts on their content so far are as follows;
In post 52, Raya36 wrote:Why do you want Fenrir at L-1 so bad?
In post 56, Raya36 wrote:So there was nothing that pinged you in his post?
Questions Acids reason for waggoning Fenrir, which I believe was just early pressure from Acid for a reaction and for scum to jump on the wagon.
In post 67, Raya36 wrote:
In post 61, Fenrir wrote: Raya's posts imply to me that there was something that pinged him about either my last post or acid's "push." Is this the case?
Sort of but not really. It was moreso just me trying to figure out whether or not his push was real or not. Nothing of yours has pinged me. I did find it a bit odd that he was pushing for you to be at L-1 but I believe his claim for it to be humor is genuine so I don't think his push is AI.
In post 66, Creature wrote:My early townreads are acidphoenix and Chuck.

The rest idk.
I find this post to be a bit odd. Creature was just voted for by Acid and to immediately after post saying that you townread him but without giving any reason sounds a bit like he's putting emphasis on the fact that he's not worried about the vote placed on him which seems like something scum might do.
General townish vibe from her curiosities, don't completely agree with the logic but still it seem like townie effort.
In post 75, Raya36 wrote:
In post 74, Creature wrote:I townread acidphoenix even before the vote on me, the vote on me doesn't change my townread.
It wasn't the townread that was pinging me. It was the timing that you posted it.
In post 77, Raya36 wrote:VOTE: creature
Votes creature based upon the timing of their post which I dont feel would have been indicative of scum personally.

That was on page 4, doesnt follow up vote on creature with a push or any pressure.

#94 posts opinion on the BP claim strategy still with no further content relating to her vote.
In post 169, Raya36 wrote:I don't think I like Mace right now.
In post 111, Macemeetface7 wrote:Fenrir if you are a new player why are you putting effort to make such long posts?
This seems odd to me. It almost seems like he's discouraging content from Fenrir or maybe even trying to discredit something he had said.
In post 140, Macemeetface7 wrote:Too early for me to make reads
In post 142, Macemeetface7 wrote:Macemeetface7 - lock town
everyone else - different shades of null

good enough?
There has been very little attempt to come up with or share reads. Yes, it's early, but there is still plenty of content to get some reads from.
In post 164, Macemeetface7 wrote: I have no opinion on the bulletproof claiming thing. I didn't even fully read that post
No attempt to help out in this discussion which could potentially be a big decision for town.
In post 165, Macemeetface7 wrote:Let's put Creature at L-2
Thought it was too early for reads. So why?

VOTE: Mace
Breaks down some comments from Mace, not liking that he at that point had no real reads, I find this post pretty good in terms of towny investigation, trying to push for content, she ends her post putting her vote on Mace which is where it still stands.

Overall with Rayas content so far, looks promising, its just a shame there has not been more pushes for information and any posts since page 7, if anyone has anything they wish to add feel free to.
Spartan117
Spartan117
Mafia Scum
Spartan117
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #345 (ISO) » Fri Sep 01, 2017 8:34 am

Post by Spartan117 »

Nice to see ya posting Dunker, good to see some of your thoughts on people, and with some indication as to why, what are your thoughts on Fenrir's posts so far?
Dunkerdoodles
Dunkerdoodles
Mafia Scum
Dunkerdoodles
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #346 (ISO) » Fri Sep 01, 2017 8:45 am

Post by Dunkerdoodles »

they make sense, they are a bit hard to read but you can't scumread that.

thanks for reminding me, fenrir, i notice how you just quote posts with "s instead of using the quote function.
you can use another tab and quote things on that tab then copy paste it into your main post, it makes things a lot easier to read and follow :)
Macemeetface7
Macemeetface7
Goon
Macemeetface7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #347 (ISO) » Fri Sep 01, 2017 10:01 am

Post by Macemeetface7 »

In post 340, Spartan117 wrote:
In post 338, Macemeetface7 wrote:good luck
Since we seem to be the only ones who can post atm, what do you think of Raya and Fenrirs posts so far? Both made 11 posts so far, im gonna comb through and see if I can find specific alignment material.
I haven't payed much attention to posts Raya made before I replaced in. After that she made only 1 post, I replied to it and still waiting for the reply from her. No opinion on the slot

Fenrir's tone I really like (he is annoying me but at the same time I like it) and I like his aggresive questioning. Lean town
Macemeetface7
Macemeetface7
Goon
Macemeetface7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #348 (ISO) » Fri Sep 01, 2017 10:02 am

Post by Macemeetface7 »

That's a penis

The baker was trying to make a Tardis! --P
Last edited by Plotinus on Fri Sep 01, 2017 5:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Macemeetface7
Macemeetface7
Goon
Macemeetface7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #349 (ISO) » Fri Sep 01, 2017 10:03 am

Post by Macemeetface7 »

In post 342, Dunkerdoodles wrote:
In post 334, Macemeetface7 wrote:HELL YEA GO GET EM SPARTAN
this could be seen as buddying
Too bad it's not