Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #800 (ISO) » Sat Sep 09, 2017 4:19 pm

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

@Aubrey:
Just a few things I haven't liked from you that I think are more likely to come from scum than town.

I didn't like your attempt to lash out at those who were discussing a plan to break the setup. You were not only making the assumption on how in-sync scum were at the time, but also their skill level, with little to no basis. It read like an attempt to make more out of an already bad situation that you were unironically supporting and trying to distract town in order to prevent the setup speculation from dropping.

I didn't like how you sort of you went straight to immediately misrepresenting Rat in . I find it hard to believe you thought you were being scum read for not knowing scum have Day chat, as opposed to your reaction to the discussion of the best course of action for town, after you were clearly in support in figuring and understanding the various ways to approach a mass claim and the pros and cons of doing so.

The way you first initially voted for Allo was all sorts of confusing - mainly because you didn't get a proper answer to your .

Lastly, I really don't like most of your interactions with Nos. Just because a small group of people are doing fine in a game that has mostly consisted of setup speculation and mafia theory, doesn't mean Nos is capable or wants to. People think differently, especially when it comes to mafia. The lack of effort on Nos part shouldn't be alignment indicative for anyone because its simply a case of disagreeing with someone's play style. There's also no motivation for Nos to lurk as scum in my opnion because it doesn't help control the game state or secure mislynches.

@KC:
I received my role PM during the night so I assume everyone was informed I had replaced in.

My issue with Fitz is that I tend to not only scum read those style of catch-up posts but I just can't bother to read the way he does it. They just bore me. I'm willing to trust someone's read there for the time being until I absolutely have to read his ISO.
Aubrey
Aubrey
Mafia Scum
Aubrey
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #801 (ISO) » Sat Sep 09, 2017 5:23 pm

Post by Aubrey »

Wow. I was expecting the usual boring meta read from you, but instead you actually have a case on me this time. :]

--
In post 800, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:I didn't like your attempt to lash out at those who were discussing a plan to break the setup. You were not only making the assumption on how in-sync scum were at the time, but also their skill level, with little to no basis. It read like an attempt to make more out of an already bad situation that you were unironically supporting and trying to distract town in order to prevent the setup speculation from dropping.
Don't know what you mean in the first sentence, but I assume you think scum w/o day talk are just as coordinated as scum w/ day talk judging from your second sentence. On that point I disagree with you entirely since that is the entire basis for my in-sync assumptions. I don't recall saying scum are of a certain skill level, only that people in general think scum are all knowing when they are just as capable of silly human error as the next person. Don't know what you exactly mean in the final sentence either. Whole lot a ???? on my end here.

Pre:edit: I re-read this. If you're going to argue that you didn't believe me not knowing about scum having day chat, just word it like that instead.
In post 800, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:I didn't like how you sort of you went straight to immediately misrepresenting Rat in .
So I misrepresented this post: ? Am I suppose to be a mind reader with commentary like that? Sorry for not being born into a gypsy family.
(Wish I were though. Do my own damn palm readings)

In post 800, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:The way you first initially voted for Allo was all sorts of confusing - mainly because you didn't get a proper answer to your 232.
Yeah, that was more of a lash out of frustration.
Keychain
Keychain
she/her
Mafia Scum
Keychain
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #802 (ISO) » Sat Sep 09, 2017 5:42 pm

Post by Keychain »

Lil Uzi Vert wrote:
@KC:
I received my role PM during the night so I assume everyone was informed I had replaced in.
In post 770, kunkstar7 wrote:
Lil Uzi Vert replaces Raya36.
Seems an odd assumption given that it was declared at daystart, but I'll accept it for now.
Also you are the first person to refer to me as KC! Had to check the playerlist the first time to see who you were talking about.

Lil Uzi Vert wrote:My issue with Fitz is that I tend to not only scum read those style of catch-up posts but I just can't bother to read the way he does it. They just bore me. I'm willing to trust someone's read there for the time being until I absolutely have to read his ISO.
Is Fitz the only player who you're putting off reading?
Given that you just said that you thought Chick was possibly spot on with her reads, I'm surprised you're not looking into someone she said was in her lynchpool.
Aubrey
Aubrey
Mafia Scum
Aubrey
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #803 (ISO) » Sat Sep 09, 2017 6:00 pm

Post by Aubrey »

Shit, forgot the Nos part of Uzi's suspicion. Okay,
In post 800, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:Just because a small group of people are doing fine in a game that has mostly consisted of setup speculation and mafia theory, doesn't mean Nos is capable or wants to.
I mean, good for you for being a kind and gentle soul regarding play like this, it however doesn't mean jack to me though. If you are not doing much, get a vote. Plain and simple. Add on the other reasons I had, and I feel fully justified in my vote and push yesterday.

I have marginal waverings right now, but Nos is still a decent suspect for me.
In post 800, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:People think differently, especially when it comes to mafia.
I know, and those who think differently in a way that I don't like get my vote if I think they are scum :wink:
In post 800, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:The lack of effort on Nos part shouldn't be alignment indicative for anyone because its simply a case of disagreeing with someone's play style.
Lack of effort is a fine reason to be suspected & potentially killed off. Otherwise lurkish inactive scum would easily win every time. Furthermore, if the playstyle is a scummy one, then it deserves to get pushed for the very reason of it being scummy until reasons are found for it to be considered a town slot. End of story.
In post 800, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:There's also no motivation for Nos to lurk as scum in my opnion because it doesn't help control the game state or secure mislynches.
I just lost a game where one scum basically lurked his way to victory as the town devoured itself, so don't even argue that there is no motivation for scum to lurk.
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #804 (ISO) » Sun Sep 10, 2017 12:20 am

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

@
Aubrey:
Meta read? Huh? :lol:

I wouldn't say extremely coordinated but not far off. I'll have you know, at least from my time on this site, Day chat is severely underutilized and scum usually have time to get familiar with each other and game plan in pre-game. It was also implied you were assuming skill level.

As for my last sentence, your supposed frustration read to me as a way to keep the setup speculation going. It drew more attention to it and became part of the overall discussion for a bit thus having extending it and keeping town from scum hunting. As well as continuing to give scum an easy way to fit in and look like they're game solving.

Not about being a mind reader there bud, it is about a level of awareness that was expected. The main point of that whole sequence was that you were supposedly upset about the optimal play given to scum, not that you didn't know about Day chat.

Could you restate the other reasons you have for scum reading Nos?

@KC:
Yeah he's the only one. I'm scum reading Flubber and she had him in her scum pool so :P
Realeo
Realeo
Jack of All Trades
Realeo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #805 (ISO) » Sun Sep 10, 2017 1:34 am

Post by Realeo »

I'm going to lurk until LuV v Aubrey is over. I can use counter balance for my townread @ Aubrey.
"The debate on whether short multi postings or a long wall of post is good or not is like a debate on gun control--we would never understand each other and we have to make peace with it." -Realeo

I'm mabye a serious player, but I'm capable of joke. Ok?
Aubrey
Aubrey
Mafia Scum
Aubrey
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #806 (ISO) » Sun Sep 10, 2017 4:38 am

Post by Aubrey »

In post 804, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:Meta read? Huh?
In our previous run arounds, you always used meta against/for me! You were correct once, and wrong the either. :]
In post 804, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:I wouldn't say extremely coordinated but not far off. I'll have you know, at least from my time on this site, Day chat is severely underutilized and scum usually have time to get familiar with each other and game plan in pre-game. It was also implied you were assuming skill level.
I've yet to be scum with a day chat, so I have little knowledge with that. I've had plenty of experience with not having a day chat, and I can tell you the familiarity of pregame is BS. I've been scum plenty of times, and yet to feel any sense of coordination with my partners besides what we talk about during the night. Even then it quickly becomes a free for all afterwards. If you believe in what you say, you and I must have had extremely different experiences.

--

I can't assume skill level of scum as town, and it doesn't make sense to even mention skill level of my teammates as scum, so this point of yours doesn't make much sense to me.
In post 804, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:As for my last sentence, your supposed frustration read to me as a way to keep the setup speculation going. It drew more attention to it and became part of the overall discussion for a bit thus having extending it and keeping town from scum hunting. As well as continuing to give scum an easy way to fit in and look like they're game solving.
This is outlandish.

Hypothetically speaking, if I were scum, the intention behind what happened would make better sense to have appeared like a confused town player rather than being a catalyst to generate more spec talk. I don't even deal with spec talk after this point, so my goal is clearly not to use & abuse set up speculation to generate content for myself, nor my
partners
In post 804, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:Not about being a mind reader there bud, it is about a level of awareness that was expected. The main point of that whole sequence was that you were supposedly upset about the optimal play given to scum
Rat: Aub is scum.
Aub: Because of this???
Rat: No, because of this.
Uzi: Aubrey shoulda known, scum

:roll: Mind reading basically. Let's try this out then. I think Mjollnir is town <---- Based on this info
(and something that happened in the past)
, you should understand the exact reasons for why
I
think this. So, why do I think he is town? Try and stick away from a blanket statement.
In post 804, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:Could you restate the other reasons you have for scum reading Nos?
Spoiler: Most my posts pertaining to Nos yesterday

(me disagreeing with the Moz stance shortly after Nos's push) take into account future posts where I go into detail regarding why.

(last bit)

(me agreeing with some of Mjollnir's stances, but correcting what I don't)

or in short for yesterday

- Didn't like the early lurkyness
- Didn't like the reasons for why he was lurking.
- Didn't like the progression onto Moz both logically, and how he was forced to give a read.
- Didn't feel open about reads in general.
- Never found a reason to waver in my stance save for one tiny, if not insignificant, moment.

^ These are all suitable reasons to be suspected. Especially on D1.
Aubrey
Aubrey
Mafia Scum
Aubrey
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #807 (ISO) » Sun Sep 10, 2017 4:39 am

Post by Aubrey »

In post 805, Realeo wrote:I'm going to lurk until LuV v Aubrey is over. I can use counter balance for my townread @ Aubrey.
Nosferatu
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #808 (ISO) » Sun Sep 10, 2017 1:06 pm

Post by Nosferatu »

In post 799, Keychain wrote: @Nos:
In post 786, Nosferatu wrote: As much as it sucks to say it, it's pretty unlikely more than one scum was off that moz wagon. I'm hesitant to say that it was Allo simply because I was similarly confident in moz being scum.
I'm not sure what you mean by , but it sounded like you were still considering Allo as scum today.
I'm not sure how to respond to this post.
BRASIL BRASIL BRASIL BRRRRR
last.fm
gtkas
Nosferatu
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #809 (ISO) » Sun Sep 10, 2017 1:07 pm

Post by Nosferatu »

In post 805, Realeo wrote:I'm going to lurk until LuV v Aubrey is over. I can use counter balance for my townread @ Aubrey.
what a god
last.fm
gtkas
Nosferatu
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #810 (ISO) » Sun Sep 10, 2017 1:23 pm

Post by Nosferatu »

In post 796, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:However, I just took another look at this player list and the only player who I believe knows about our relationship for sure is Nos
last.fm
gtkas
Aubrey
Aubrey
Mafia Scum
Aubrey
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #811 (ISO) » Sun Sep 10, 2017 3:23 pm

Post by Aubrey »

WILL UZI GET REVENGE FOR HIS GIRLFRIENDS MURDER!? WILL AUBREY EVER LEAVE NOSFERATU ALONE!? AND WILL ALLO EVER TELL US WHAT HE IS THINKING?!
TUNE IN NEXT TIME FOR
MAFIA: LIFE, LOVE, & DEATH!
Radical Rat
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades

Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades

Jack of All Trades

Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #812 (ISO) » Sun Sep 10, 2017 4:32 pm

Post by Radical Rat »

Hello, forgive the absence, was visiting home.

In any case, TO BUSINESS

@LUV
You say you think scum could have tried to frame you........ but you weren't announced as the replacement until AFTER the kill.
Why do you think scum knew you'd be the one replacing Raya?
Maybe the real Mafia was the friends we made along the way

Shiny and new GTKAS thread!
Radical Rat
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades

Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades

Jack of All Trades

Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #813 (ISO) » Sun Sep 10, 2017 4:33 pm

Post by Radical Rat »

Ah, sorry, I accidentally skipped over the post where you addressed that already.

Still, you checked the thread right? You should have seen that there was no announcement
Maybe the real Mafia was the friends we made along the way

Shiny and new GTKAS thread!
Keychain
Keychain
she/her
Mafia Scum
Keychain
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #814 (ISO) » Sun Sep 10, 2017 10:37 pm

Post by Keychain »

In post 808, Nosferatu wrote:
In post 786, Nosferatu wrote: As much as it sucks to say it, it's pretty unlikely more than one scum was off that moz wagon. I'm hesitant to say that it was Allo simply because I was similarly confident in moz being scum.
I'm not sure what you mean by , but it sounded like you were still considering Allo as scum today.
I'm confused. Please respond by helping me clear up my confusion.

Sequence of events:
Sounded like you still thought Allo was scum though he's an unCCed BP.
In post 791, Realeo wrote:Isn't Alo BP? Am I missing something?
In post 794, Allomancer wrote:
Yes, I am
Realeo and Allo (...kind of) both pointed this out.
In post 795, Nosferatu wrote:
In post 789, Flubbernugget wrote:Flipped town with garbage reads doesn't say much
In post 788, Nosferatu wrote:as of yesterday
You made a post where you included two random quotes. I thought you were trying to say that these were your reads as of
yesterday
In post 799, Keychain wrote: I'm not sure what you mean by , but it sounded like you were still considering Allo as scum today.
Hence this post. Am I making a bad assumption somewhere?
Realeo
Realeo
Jack of All Trades
Realeo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #815 (ISO) » Sun Sep 10, 2017 10:39 pm

Post by Realeo »

Does nobody has any question for me? Even I can make some reasoning to fos my self that may require clarification.
"The debate on whether short multi postings or a long wall of post is good or not is like a debate on gun control--we would never understand each other and we have to make peace with it." -Realeo

Mjollnir
Mjollnir
Goon
Mjollnir
Goon
Goon

Post Post #816 (ISO) » Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:34 am

Post by Mjollnir »

Ok, well as I predicted Mozamis was town and the wagon was pretty damn scummy. I'll be making a start on this by examining the reasons everyone had for placing their votes on him and making a judgement based on that. I am unfortunately quite time poor right now so that'll have to come in due course, but it'll come.

For now, some observations and questions that come up from the top of my head looking at the past few pages:

[*] Aubrey is correct that Chick was a fairly intriguing kill, she was far from above suspicion, it begs the question why that happened. It's possible they thought she might have been a power role I guess, that's quite a simple explanation, but I don't recall seeing anything obvious that may have suggested it, and also it's worth remembering the majority of the town are power roles, so killing her on the hunch she may have been a power role probably offers less utility to the scum than in standard games, therefore there's probably a more specific reason she is dead. When I have the time I will also investigate on that line too.

[*]
Flubber:
What makes you so sure Chick had garbage reads?

[*]
Nosferatu:
Why Realeo and Inno?

[*]
Lil Uzi:
Firstly, welcome. You have a pretty comprehensive case on Aubrey clearly, so it follows that you have similarly good cases on Keychain and Flubber. Why are you not forthcoming with them? I mean, we're not likely to be swayed to maybe agree with you on them if you don't state why you find them scummy. Can you also say why you find them scummy, and why you find Inno, Realeo and Nosferatu town, particularly with Nos, is it just her lurking you find town or is it more than that?

[*]
Realeo:
How do you currently feel about Lil Uzi?

Also I flicked someone off last night too, if we're revealing this info.
Realeo
Realeo
Jack of All Trades
Realeo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #817 (ISO) » Mon Sep 11, 2017 1:35 am

Post by Realeo »

In post 816, Mjollnir wrote:[*]Realeo: How do you currently feel about Lil Uzi?
That is not a question that I am expecting.

He is being rational currently.

I Am Innocent
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #818 (ISO) » Mon Sep 11, 2017 3:18 am

Post by I Am Innocent »

In post 817, Realeo wrote:

The question I have can be for both you and Mjoll, why did you choose to flick someone off rather than on last night?

Sorry been meaning to dig into those who pushed/voted allo & moz, but just been too busy as yet to get to it. Holding off on my reads until I do this.
Show
Town 21-21-1
Mafia 10-6

Replaced Out (Town) 1-5
Replaced Out (Mafia) 3-2 (incl hydra game with Nero where I flaked)

Ongoing
None
Nosferatu
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #819 (ISO) » Mon Sep 11, 2017 3:33 am

Post by Nosferatu »

In post 814, Keychain wrote:
In post 808, Nosferatu wrote:
I'm confused. Please respond by helping me clear up my confusion.

Sequence of events:
Sounded like you still thought Allo was scum though he's an unCCed BP.
In post 794, Allomancer wrote:
Yes, I am
Realeo and Allo (...kind of) both pointed this out.
In post 795, Nosferatu wrote:
In post 789, Flubbernugget wrote:Flipped town with garbage reads doesn't say much
In post 788, Nosferatu wrote:as of yesterday
You made a post where you included two random quotes. I thought you were trying to say that these were your reads as of
yesterday
In post 799, Keychain wrote: I'm not sure what you mean by , but it sounded like you were still considering Allo as scum today.
Hence this post. Am I making a bad assumption somewhere?
I'm just confused as to when I stopped considering Allo as scum
last.fm
gtkas
Mjollnir
Mjollnir
Goon
Mjollnir
Goon
Goon

Post Post #820 (ISO) » Mon Sep 11, 2017 4:02 am

Post by Mjollnir »

Would that be enough to overcome your willingness to put Raya in your lynch pool yesterday? Was that because he was lurking or because you read him as scummy?

Also now that you bring it up again, why did you ask whether anyone would question you? Only four people posted between those two comments so it's not like you gave the thread a fair shot at actually doing so, and in addition Aubrey did seem to do an impression of his avatar and raise one of his vulpine eyebrows at it.
Mjollnir
Mjollnir
Goon
Mjollnir
Goon
Goon

Post Post #821 (ISO) » Mon Sep 11, 2017 4:14 am

Post by Mjollnir »

In post 818, I Am Innocent wrote:

The question I have can be for both you and Mjoll, why did you choose to flick someone off rather than on last night?
That's a pretty good question really, I'll admit that it's not actually something I gave much thought to as I was doing it. I suppose it's because I more readily suspect people than I do read them as town, if I had to give out townreads they'd go to Aubrey, yourself (both of you appear to be genuinely scumhunting and asking good and useful questions, you appear to have the mindset I would expect a town player to have) and Radical Rat (I've seen scum!Rat and this feels nothing like it, so this is kinda more gut than the other two but still valid). But those reads are still fairly uncertain and my scumreads are just stronger I suppose.
Aubrey
Aubrey
Mafia Scum
Aubrey
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #822 (ISO) » Mon Sep 11, 2017 4:37 am

Post by Aubrey »

I don't understand the importance of saying whether we turned someone on or off, but I also don't see the harm in it either if it remains nameless. I turned someone on.
Aubrey
Aubrey
Mafia Scum
Aubrey
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #823 (ISO) » Mon Sep 11, 2017 4:43 am

Post by Aubrey »

In post 815, Realeo wrote:Does nobody has any question for me? Even I can make some reasoning to fos my self that may require clarification.
This is just kinda eh to me.

Shouldn't you be more concerned trying to determine other peoples slots, and just deal with clarifying yourself when the times comes naturally instead of hasting up that process?
Aubrey
Aubrey
Mafia Scum
Aubrey
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #824 (ISO) » Mon Sep 11, 2017 4:55 am

Post by Aubrey »

Just to set the record straight, I raised my eyebrow at Realeo vocally saying "
I'ma lurk cause I want to watch this Uzi vs. Aub play out
"

It's one of those, "
why say this?
" moments. You can push your own agendas, and silently watch the debate play out while taking mental notes.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”