Morality
Morality
Mafia Scum
Morality
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1125 (ISO) » Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:13 pm

Post by Morality »

If anything, that's more of a reason to scum read him, because it isn't necessarily insensible for a towny to want to discredit that, but why would TownGhostlin want to?
“DON’T GET BOGGED DOWN IN HIS SWAMP OF WIFOM!” - Chip Butty to guiltied Scum Morality. Spoiler, they sunk.

FL

Modding - A Death Note Series -
Morality
Morality
Mafia Scum
Morality
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1126 (ISO) » Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:14 pm

Post by Morality »

The answer is simple. To save his own skin and discredit someone who is a threat to his survival through another player.
“DON’T GET BOGGED DOWN IN HIS SWAMP OF WIFOM!” - Chip Butty to guiltied Scum Morality. Spoiler, they sunk.

FL

Morality
Morality
Mafia Scum
Morality
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1127 (ISO) » Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:15 pm

Post by Morality »

In post 1108, Mulch wrote:
In post 1105, Morality wrote:After seeing the post, it was like an..."Oh, hmm, I didn't know he had that kind of personality. That changes things. I'd expect that coming from him now."
But didn't you just say
the post itself
influenced your personality?

So, let's dumb this down for me.

You see a post. You say, hey, based on Panther's personality, it makes sense for him to do that post, so I'm going to townread him based on it.

But the way you gleaned information about his personality...was the same post?

So coulden't this just be said about any post?

"In post 67, I gained information about someone's personality, and therefore the post matched his personality"

Well duh, because the entire basis for the personality was that post
I guess you are correct that it could be said about any post, but I hadn't been directly involved with anything with Panther up until that point.

FL

Mulch
Mulch
Gotta Go Fast
Mulch
Gotta Go Fast
Gotta Go Fast

Post Post #1128 (ISO) » Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:17 pm

Post by Mulch »

In post 1123, Morality wrote:If you question the reasoning behind everything you do, you can make a scum case on town as scum, but a lot of times there's a simple answer to countering that. Why couldn't that be done as town?
It get's complicated with that.

When people push on NAI things, that's where you have to get inside their mindset and not neccecarily focus on results. It is reasonable for them to expect that this is scummy, even if they are misguided? It's also where you can apply meta, if some god at town is pushing a NAI thing as a scum point, you can safely say that this is going contraictory to what their mindset should be. And this is also where you can apply the volume read (part B)- if people are making a pattern of just pushing obvious things that aren't AI, and never show depth to their thoughts or genuity, there's a good chance they're scum.
Amrock#3784
Mulch
Mulch
Gotta Go Fast
Mulch
Gotta Go Fast
Gotta Go Fast

Post Post #1129 (ISO) » Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:17 pm

Post by Mulch »

In post 1125, Morality wrote:If anything, that's more of a reason to scum read him, because it isn't necessarily insensible for a towny to want to discredit that, but why would TownGhostlin want to?
To push you as being scum for it? Don't be obtuse.
Amrock#3784
Morality
Morality
Mafia Scum
Morality
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1130 (ISO) » Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:19 pm

Post by Morality »

In post 1129, Mulch wrote:
In post 1125, Morality wrote:If anything, that's more of a reason to scum read him, because it isn't necessarily insensible for a towny to want to discredit that, but why would TownGhostlin want to?
To push you as being scum for it? Don't be obtuse.
Someone just said this to me. I'm more acute than obtuse.

FL

Mulch
Mulch
Gotta Go Fast
Mulch
Gotta Go Fast
Gotta Go Fast

Post Post #1131 (ISO) » Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:20 pm

Post by Mulch »

In post 1127, Morality wrote:
In post 1108, Mulch wrote:
In post 1105, Morality wrote:After seeing the post, it was like an..."Oh, hmm, I didn't know he had that kind of personality. That changes things. I'd expect that coming from him now."
But didn't you just say
the post itself
influenced your personality?

So, let's dumb this down for me.

You see a post. You say, hey, based on Panther's personality, it makes sense for him to do that post, so I'm going to townread him based on it.

But the way you gleaned information about his personality...was the same post?

So coulden't this just be said about any post?

"In post 67, I gained information about someone's personality, and therefore the post matched his personality"

Well duh, because the entire basis for the personality was that post
I guess you are correct that it could be said about any post, but I hadn't been directly involved with anything with Panther up until that point.
I guess that's also not really getting at what I'm trying to get at.

Ok, it could be made for any post, but more importantly:

how did you make a
conclusion that ended in a townread...
comparing a post to his personality...
when you needed the post to FIND the personality. What part of your process did you think
"hey, this is towny". You read a post, see it. You glean something about his personality. Then, you realize that that post is part of his personality, which is literally of course it is because he just made it. So where do you see a match up if there is nothing to match up?
Amrock#3784
Morality
Morality
Mafia Scum
Morality
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1132 (ISO) » Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:21 pm

Post by Morality »

Like I said, it's a survival move on Ghost's part to go through Tic Tac. He can expect one of two things to happen from his posting.

1) I make a case on Tic Tac, and then people can push there.

2) I don't make a case on Tic Tac, and I become discredited, thus not having to worry about one more person on his tail.

FL

Mulch
Mulch
Gotta Go Fast
Mulch
Gotta Go Fast
Gotta Go Fast

Post Post #1133 (ISO) » Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:21 pm

Post by Mulch »

I'm not articulating myself well.

When doing a comparison for a post to see if it matches to a personality, you need to see the post, and then take what you know about the personality and say yeah, this makes sense, it matches his mindset, he's town.

You didn't KNOW about his personality when you first read the post, so how did you match it up to a town lean?
Amrock#3784
Morality
Morality
Mafia Scum
Morality
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1134 (ISO) » Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:23 pm

Post by Morality »

Oh, that's simple. I just kind of threw Panther in there in the beginning because I was playing my Light character, and had a sense he could have been scum. I needed to find a way to dive into this game as well. I wanted to go along assuming that the stated team was the entire scum team (that's a thing in Death Note, even if it's a small percentage). For me, that was enough to prove me wrong there, or at least have reasonable doubt against it.

FL

Morality
Morality
Mafia Scum
Morality
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1135 (ISO) » Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:24 pm

Post by Morality »

I've been responding to posts prior to you posting again. I should really quote, because it's causing confusion.

FL

Mulch
Mulch
Gotta Go Fast
Mulch
Gotta Go Fast
Gotta Go Fast

Post Post #1136 (ISO) » Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:24 pm

Post by Mulch »

In post 1132, Morality wrote:Like I said, it's a survival move on Ghost's part to go through Tic Tac. He can expect one of two things to happen from his posting.

1) I make a case on Tic Tac, and then people can push there.

2) I don't make a case on Tic Tac, and I become discredited, thus not having to worry about one more person on his tail.
Or, he can expect you to

3) Give reasoning, so he can determine if it's scummy .

Sure, he could be scum wanting to discredit you, or push you if he knows your town, but he could also be town that's trying to push you for something he saw scummy
Amrock#3784
Morality
Morality
Mafia Scum
Morality
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1137 (ISO) » Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:25 pm

Post by Morality »

I see him as scum, so there is number 3 for me.

FL

Mulch
Mulch
Gotta Go Fast
Mulch
Gotta Go Fast
Gotta Go Fast

Post Post #1138 (ISO) » Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:25 pm

Post by Mulch »

In post 1134, Morality wrote:Oh, that's simple. I just kind of threw Panther in there in the beginning because I was playing my Light character, and had a sense he could have been scum. I needed to find a way to dive into this game as well. I wanted to go along assuming that the stated team was the entire scum team (that's a thing in Death Note, even if it's a small percentage). For me, that was enough to prove me wrong there, or at least have reasonable doubt against it.
I'm not talking about that, I'm talking about the town read personality comparison, I don't care that you scumread him early game
Amrock#3784
Morality
Morality
Mafia Scum
Morality
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1139 (ISO) » Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:25 pm

Post by Morality »

But from your perspective, there should have been a number 4, and that would be that I would be scum.

FL

Mulch
Mulch
Gotta Go Fast
Mulch
Gotta Go Fast
Gotta Go Fast

Post Post #1140 (ISO) » Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:26 pm

Post by Mulch »

In post 1139, Morality wrote:But from your perspective, there should have been a number 4, and that would be that I would be scum.
Mine or Ghostlin?
Amrock#3784
Morality
Morality
Mafia Scum
Morality
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1141 (ISO) » Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:26 pm

Post by Morality »

I don't feel that it's going to be able to go much further than that, really. I just didn't think he was scum after that post. No real reason. It's as simple as that.

FL

Mulch
Mulch
Gotta Go Fast
Mulch
Gotta Go Fast
Gotta Go Fast

Post Post #1142 (ISO) » Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:27 pm

Post by Mulch »

In post 1141, Morality wrote:I don't feel that it's going to be able to go much further than that, really. I just didn't think he was scum after that post. No real reason. It's as simple as that.
Alright. :/

I really don't like that post but nothing else is really scummy from you especially considering your boon so I'm not gonna push you
Amrock#3784
Morality
Morality
Mafia Scum
Morality
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1143 (ISO) » Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:28 pm

Post by Morality »

In post 1140, Mulch wrote:
In post 1139, Morality wrote:But from your perspective, there should have been a number 4, and that would be that I would be scum.
Mine or Ghostlin?
both. I agree, I wasn't incredibly clear. More Ghost.

Ghost isn't scum hunting. He's discrediting in place of scum hunting, and is using that in a way to morph into a scum read.

FL

Mulch
Mulch
Gotta Go Fast
Mulch
Gotta Go Fast
Gotta Go Fast

Post Post #1144 (ISO) » Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:29 pm

Post by Mulch »

In post 1143, Morality wrote:Ghost isn't scum hunting. He's discrediting in place of scum hunting, and is using that in a way to morph into a scum read.
That's a fair point, I guess. Because he didn't even take a stance or vote you based on it so the only purpose was to shade you.
Amrock#3784
Morality
Morality
Mafia Scum
Morality
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1145 (ISO) » Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:30 pm

Post by Morality »

In post 1142, Mulch wrote:
In post 1141, Morality wrote:I don't feel that it's going to be able to go much further than that, really. I just didn't think he was scum after that post. No real reason. It's as simple as that.
Alright. :/

I really don't like that post but nothing else is really scummy from you especially considering your boon so I'm not gonna push you
I felt you would have picked up on me being potentially Boon this game anyways.

Anyone who knows of Pisskop being one of my favorite players on site probably would have picked up on the way I was talking about him. Don't know if anyone here was aware of that.

I'm going to get naked and wet now, so I'll be back in like 20.

FL

Morality
Morality
Mafia Scum
Morality
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1146 (ISO) » Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:35 pm

Post by Morality »

Oh, and if it matters, considering the fact the last time I threw a gut read on Tic Tac, I was correct. I was able to explain it a little more last time, but I will be able to eventually.

FL

Srceenplay
Srceenplay
Jack of All Trades
Srceenplay
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1147 (ISO) » Tue Sep 19, 2017 3:14 pm

Post by Srceenplay »

That definitely doesn't matter.
But, if it matters, I thought tic scumy before you.
"A man can not be too careful on the choices of his enemies." Oscar Wilde
LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1148 (ISO) » Tue Sep 19, 2017 3:44 pm

Post by LlamaFluff »

Vote Count

Ghostlin (4) - Srceenplay, BlueBloodedToffee, Mulch, Morality
Srceenplay (1) - Ghostlin
BlueBloodedToffee (1) - UnaBombaH

Not Voting (4) - havingfitz, PantherPunt, tictac, Tchill13

With 10 alive it takes 6 to lynch
Deadline for Day Two is October 5th, 6:20 PM in (expired on 2017-10-05 18:20:00)

havingfitz is V/LA until September 20th
Co-host of The USL Show
GeoGuessr: USL Pony
Fall Guys: Scary Hopping Bonkus
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1149 (ISO) » Tue Sep 19, 2017 4:03 pm

Post by Ghostlin »

Chainsaw defense, I believe is the term Morality is reaching for here.

Thing is, I don't give two fucks about Tictac.

The problem that I have is that Morality apparently has two scum suspects from his actions. We aren't pushing any other directions; when he hopped off me onto a gut read. Which generally means he wants people to vote for Tictac or push him in some way.

Problem is, he immediately negates his vote with a lack of a concrete reason. Shit, had he said, quite literally what he said a page or two before about his gut being good as a Tictac scum detector, WE WOULDN'T BE HAVING THIS PRECISE DISCUSSION. If he provided meta now of this feat, that would be
something.

It just seems disingenuous that;

1) You have a scum possiblity pool of two
2) One of them is a gut read leaving you with one concrete read.

So either you're going through the motions and are scum, or;

Otherwise you're pissing your most valuable tool away, your vote, and for the LOVE OF GOD, TOWN PLAYERS STOP DOING THIS.
"You live for the fight when it's all that you've got."--Bon Jovi, Living on a Prayer

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”