Mad King Ashnard
Goon
Mad King Ashnard
Goon
Goon

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Tue Sep 26, 2017 4:02 am

Post by Mad King Ashnard »

Hiya folks

I hate dissonance so I'm not going to make judgement-statements until we consolidate
Mad King Ashnard
Mad King Ashnard
Goon
Mad King Ashnard
Goon
Goon

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Tue Sep 26, 2017 4:11 am

In post 100, morph the cat wrote:Interesting.

If I were hydraing with someone who used -this- for emphasis and it were a unique aspect of their posting, I'd probably adopt it at least for that hydra.

But, that's me~
Wait what's the scum motivation for this?
Mad King Ashnard
Mad King Ashnard
Goon
Mad King Ashnard
Goon
Goon

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Tue Sep 26, 2017 4:15 am

@Chikadee how deep exactly is your maria meta?
Chickadee
Chickadee
Slightly Sketchy
Chickadee
Slightly Sketchy
Slightly Sketchy

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Tue Sep 26, 2017 4:17 am

Post by Chickadee »

We've had a handful of games together.
Instagram: BoneSpellArts

"Yo I'm so good at anime girls" - pj
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Tue Sep 26, 2017 5:14 am

Post by Porkens »

In post 165, ActionDan wrote:Porkers initialize sheep mode on me while keeping up the death tunnel on drixx
>...error...
>...error...
>...insufficient town credit...
>...please insert more town credit and try your selection again...
>awaiting input...
ActionDan
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Tue Sep 26, 2017 5:29 am

Post by ActionDan »

>read thread
I'll give you a moment to let that sink in
Mad King Ashnard
Mad King Ashnard
Goon
Mad King Ashnard
Goon
Goon

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Tue Sep 26, 2017 5:42 am

Okay so our concern with morph is how they have not much experience with RC and none with me but are trying to like stylistically judge posts as one head vs another. If you do know someone then it does makes sense as an approach but I'm not sure spectating a few games of one head could give someone that impression?

We're more interested in why Cabd apparently scumread us though.

Chickadee's an RC meta read but I'm not impressed with her posts either. She is just kind of there and even her read on maria doesn't match any of my maria meta where she blatantly trolls as scum.
Mad King Ashnard
Mad King Ashnard
Goon
Mad King Ashnard
Goon
Goon

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Tue Sep 26, 2017 5:59 am

Actually I want everyone who hasn't already to comment on both chickadee and the morph/ourslot interaction.

Porkens initialize 2.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Tue Sep 26, 2017 6:40 am

Post by Something_Smart »

Chickadee's vote wasn't what I considered the pro-town play but her subsequent responses were fine.

I don't think the interaction between your slot and morph's is indicative of alignment.
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Tue Sep 26, 2017 6:46 am

Post by morph the cat »

In post 169, ActionDan wrote:@morph

you were there for that post why are you only addressing it/chickadee now instead going on about mad king fuckface?
Sleepless tunnel vision. The RC hydra is a shiny thing. Rereading today, I kinda feel like RC was trying to drive a little wedge between Morph-heads.

I'm still not addressing chickadee, btw.

Why aren't you being more town?
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Tue Sep 26, 2017 6:54 am

Post by morph the cat »

In post 181, Mad King Ashnard wrote:Okay so our concern with morph is how they have not much experience with RC and none with me but are trying to like stylistically judge posts as one head vs another. If you do know someone then it does makes sense as an approach but I'm not sure spectating a few games of one head could give someone that impression?

We're more interested in why Cabd apparently scumread us though.

Chickadee's an RC meta read but I'm not impressed with her posts either. She is just kind of there and even her read on maria doesn't match any of my maria meta where she blatantly trolls as scum.
"Our" concern? RC actually expressed that concern? If so, then MY concerns shoot up considerably.

RC and Cabd have a fair bit of recent game experience. My experience is more one-off (I modded/backup modded some newbie games he played this summer), but I'm not inexperienced with him.

RC usually dances with Cabd as part of their mutual sort process. Cabd was somewhat under-capacitated last night, which maybe explains the lack of dance from RC, though neuterhalf was definitely on the dance floor. This is probably the first game where I actually have to read RC. Most of the games we've played (which are a small handful from a couple years ago) he replaced into a slot 3 or 4 gamedays into the game and I already had reads of the slots before he got there. Plus a game or two where I was scum and he was town. This game, I need to put what I've learned from spectating into an actual game.
Chickadee
Chickadee
Slightly Sketchy
Chickadee
Slightly Sketchy
Slightly Sketchy

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Tue Sep 26, 2017 7:10 am

Post by Chickadee »

RC head, I'm curious what your meta on me is based on? I know we've had a few games together. I can think of like 2-3 off the top of my head. I don't recall you reading me correctly though.
Instagram: BoneSpellArts

"Yo I'm so good at anime girls" - pj
gerryoat
gerryoat
Survivor
gerryoat
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Tue Sep 26, 2017 7:50 am

Post by gerryoat »

In post 154, Mad King Ashnard wrote:Gerry made no impression on me. They could be scum I guess.
you could say this about anyone ever
Mad King Ashnard
Mad King Ashnard
Goon
Mad King Ashnard
Goon
Goon

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Tue Sep 26, 2017 7:50 am

In post 185, morph the cat wrote:RC and Cabd have a fair bit of recent game experience. My experience is more one-off (I modded/backup modded some newbie games he played this summer), but I'm not inexperienced with him.
Reading I got the impression you were pushing the angle about heads and you say right after you don't know RC well.

Unless the implication is that was a cabd post though? Is that what
Note the tilde in that post. That's a Cabd-ism.
this meant?

But you said he passed out by then in 66 ??
gerryoat
gerryoat
Survivor
gerryoat
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Tue Sep 26, 2017 7:50 am

Post by gerryoat »

In post 164, ActionDan wrote:I can't even policy vote gerry because chickadee is too scummy.
legit, who are you? LOL
Mad King Ashnard
Mad King Ashnard
Goon
Mad King Ashnard
Goon
Goon

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Tue Sep 26, 2017 7:55 am

In post 184, morph the cat wrote:Sleepless tunnel vision. The RC hydra is a shiny thing. Rereading today, I kinda feel like RC was trying to drive a little wedge between Morph-heads.
What did I do that gave you that impression and why would I want to do that?
RC head, I'm curious what your meta on me is based on? I know we've had a few games together. I can think of like 2-3 off the top of my head. I don't recall you reading me correctly though.
I did just call out your entire scumteam in a game where I called out only like 5 people then you nightkilled me because we didn't have a single protective.
Further I think you're ignoring the fact that I never scumread you in 1788: I went along because there were a lot of strong personalities on town and I didn't feel like fighting for every lynch.
I feel pretty confident in my ability to read you here: both in terms of my ability to catch you out if you're scum and my ability to figure out I'm wrong if you're town.
Do you think that I should be townreading you here? Do you have any scumreads out of the people who've already posted?
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:03 am

Post by morph the cat »

In post 188, Mad King Ashnard wrote:
In post 185, morph the cat wrote:RC and Cabd have a fair bit of recent game experience. My experience is more one-off (I modded/backup modded some newbie games he played this summer), but I'm not inexperienced with him.
Reading I got the impression you were pushing the angle about heads and you say right after you don't know RC well.
I also called out 4 games where we actually played together, as well as a game he replaced into and played for 3-4 hours (mostly interacting with me) before having to replace out again (not his fault, btw).

Compared to players where I have dozens of mutual games, it's not a lot, but I'll use every shred I've learned about his play to read him here.
Unless the implication is that was a cabd post though? Is that what
Note the tilde in that post. That's a Cabd-ism.
this meant?

But you said he passed out by then in 66 ??
That was a ffery-post, demonstrating that I personally pick up the mannerisms of my hydra partners.

You said this:

RC claiming
morph the cat wrote:Okay so our concern with morph is how they have not much experience with RC and none with me but are trying to like stylistically judge posts as one head vs another. If you do know someone then it does makes sense as an approach but I'm not sure spectating a few games of one head could give someone that impression?
There is no way that RC could say that about our hydra as a whole. And I think he's probably at least nearly as aware of my recent play as I am of his recent newbie games. He reviewed and spectated my first game back after a year+ break - in this hydra. He replaced into my third game back, and though I doubt he read much about the game he immediately engaged me - again, in this hydra. But, that amount of meta-gathering pales compared to the amount of meta he and Cabd have together just this summer.

He had expectations of my play. He said so, himself last night. Those expectations are based on SOMETHING, even if they're wrong. That or he's bullshitting.

I think my observations of his play and what seemed strange about it last night hold up under scrutiny. I'm not bullshitting.
Mad King Ashnard
Mad King Ashnard
Goon
Mad King Ashnard
Goon
Goon

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:08 am

In post 191, morph the cat wrote:There is no way that RC could say that about our hydra as a whole. And I think he's probably at least nearly as aware of my recent play as I am of his recent newbie games. He reviewed and spectated my first game back after a year+ break - in this hydra. He replaced into my third game back, and though I doubt he read much about the game he immediately engaged me - again, in this hydra. But, that amount of meta-gathering pales compared to the amount of meta he and Cabd have together just this summer.
I didn't say this about either head. I think that you have plenty of context in order to judge how I play. I just thought it was weird that that's immediately where you went: though if it's something that you've done with your own hydras it makes a lot more sense that you saw that as a possibility.
gerryoat
gerryoat
Survivor
gerryoat
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:10 am

Post by gerryoat »

god, i can't believe I'm saying this but meta is literally the worst thing on this site. "___ doesnt do this as ___ because ____ meta is ___" is all i've been seeing lately, it's annoying af
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:15 am

Post by morph the cat »

In post 190, Mad King Ashnard wrote:What did I do that gave you that impression and why would I want to do that?
Characterizing Cabd's drunkplay as a put-on, for one. I felt like that was an attempt to make me feel defensive about something I had no way to address. And that's a line of attack that has happened before to this hydra (not about drunkplay by either of us, but in terms of where the seams where our playstyles don't completely mesh) though it's usually by someone who actually knows our dynamic as a hydra and knows quite well where the disconnects in our approaches to the game actually are. You missed the mark there, but it did feel like you were aiming for it.

I also felt like you tried to characterize my side of our dance last night as scumpainting you, when I was actually just trying to figure out where your mindset was.

I liked that you tried to engage me about reads later, but our initial interactions did not feel good. And it feels like today the Rask head is attempting to rewind the work I did and I thought you did as well, to learn how our views on the game meshed or clashed, and to put us back on a more confrontational standing.

I can do confrontational if that's what you two are after. I don't think it's all that healthy for most gamestates, though.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:22 am

Post by Something_Smart »

In post 187, gerryoat wrote:
In post 154, Mad King Ashnard wrote:Gerry made no impression on me. They could be scum I guess.
you could say this about anyone ever
no, you couldn't say it about someone who has made an impression.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:22 am

Post by Porkens »

In post 131, Porkens wrote:>...initializing...
>ready...
-----------------------------
1 - RVS mode
2 - scumhunting mode
3 - tinfoil hat mode
4 - lurk mode
5 - interrogation mode
6 - claim mode
7 - readslist mode
8 - sheep mode
9 - tunnel mode
10 - advisor mode
11 - <hidden>
-----------------------------
>awaiting input...
In post 180, ActionDan wrote:>read thread
>...error...
>...error...
>command not found
>ready for input...
In post 182, Mad King Ashnard wrote:Actually I want everyone who hasn't already to comment on both chickadee and the morph/ourslot interaction.

Porkens initialize 2.
>...command accepted...
>...initializing...
>...please wait...
>...hunting...
>...hunting...
Mad King Ashnard
Mad King Ashnard
Goon
Mad King Ashnard
Goon
Goon

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:23 am

idk what's going on anymore

Between catching up, the hydra stuff and then all the meta on top of it I'm not attempting to rewind anything or do spooky manipulation around your hydra dynamic (ironically since this is kind of being dysfunctional).

I just thought it was weird for you to go there but I guess it's understandable when there's more between you guys than I thought and with your own hydra having that style thing? We haven't played together in 2 years and I know I haven't played with either of you like ever so it stuck out to me when you were saying I was posting his posts when you don't know me even if you didn't intend it as in any way negative.

I'll try to avoid kind of speaking on his behalf when it comes to some of the more complicated head-on-head meta and history stuff from now on though.

Even dropping all this though do you know why cabd says he scumread us?
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:32 am

Post by morph the cat »

In post 197, Mad King Ashnard wrote:Even dropping all this though do you know why cabd says he scumread us?
At first? I was drunk and wanted to see where it would go.

Now? Because RC ran away from the prom by leaving me with the check at the restaurant we'd gone to before; and the food wasn't that good because he took me to TGI Fridays and the fries were soggy.
Mad King Ashnard
Mad King Ashnard
Goon
Mad King Ashnard
Goon
Goon

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:33 am

In post 193, gerryoat wrote:god, i can't believe I'm saying this but meta is literally the worst thing on this site. "___ doesnt do this as ___ because ____ meta is ___" is all i've been seeing lately, it's annoying af
Yeah throw in hydras and heads metaing heads and things get kinda cancer

Speaking of meta where's my good friend creature at he's the only person I kinda know here...

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”