Newbie 1826 Basketball Game Over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators.
mhsmith0
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
Balancing Act

Post Post #200 (ISO) » Wed Oct 04, 2017 6:24 pm

Post by mhsmith0 »

UC Voyager replaces RadiantCowbells effective immediately.

Votecount 1.08Image

Deimos27 (1)
Assemblerotws (3)

Plotinus (1)
Not Voting (4)
, , , ,

Day one deadline is Tuesday October 10, 6 PM PST. (expired on 2017-10-10 18:00:00)

With 9 alive it takes 5 to lynch!
[/size]
Show
http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Mhsmith0
Conq: you, sir, are great at being town.
BATMAN: Only jugg was the only one we didn’t scum read at least not me
Quick: There is little to no chance this slot is Power-Wolfing.
SR: I want to give him a day
Life is simply unfair, don't you think?
UC Voyager
UC Voyager
Mafia Scum
UC Voyager
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Wed Oct 04, 2017 6:29 pm

Post by UC Voyager »

hello guys.
UC Voyager
UC Voyager
Mafia Scum
UC Voyager
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Wed Oct 04, 2017 6:29 pm

Post by UC Voyager »

i will read through and catch up in morning. i got to sleep. whelp
UC Voyager
UC Voyager
Mafia Scum
UC Voyager
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Wed Oct 04, 2017 6:29 pm

Post by UC Voyager »

i will read through and catch up in morning. i got to sleep. whelp
UC Voyager
UC Voyager
Mafia Scum
UC Voyager
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Wed Oct 04, 2017 6:30 pm

Post by UC Voyager »

erg...why did that post twice!!!!!
Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:21 pm

Post by Plotinus »

In post 111, Deimos27 wrote:Recent posts from Xnadj feel pretty town
What about his posts feel town to you?
In post 114, Assemblerotws wrote:Rolling my eyes right now. The last time I had a wagon form on me this fast was when I literally crumbed scum and got caught on it. You're seriously calling a joke about the rare literature class that actually studies the Bible as literature alignment-indicitave enough to lynch me?
Who is scum?

is a good post.
In post 118, CheekyTeeky wrote:
In post 111, Deimos27 wrote:An SE flying under the radar like that actually feels really scummy.
Speaking of SE's flying under the radar...what are people's thoughts on XnadrojX? He reminds me of Clemency in Eyes in the Fog, where Clemency tried to play the self-conscious/self-depreciating townie as scum.
I can see the comparison. He should be back from V/LA today so I hope he'll have some hot takes for us.

Onto page 6. My goal is to get all the way caught up with responding to stuff this morning. Still sick, but I have a little bit of paying work this afternoon so I'll be able to get some vitamin C on the way home.
The failure mode of clever is asshole.

Modding checklists | Sequencer is in Game 5 | Space II is in Day 4
Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:41 pm

Post by Plotinus »

In post 127, Assemblerotws wrote:
In post 126, Spartan117 wrote:
In post 114, Assemblerotws wrote:Rolling my eyes right now. The last time I had a wagon form on me this fast was when I literally crumbed scum and got caught on it. You're seriously calling a joke about the rare literature class that actually studies the Bible as literature alignment-indicitave enough to lynch me?
Is this all you have to say to all the people on your wagon right now? It's like you are not even trying to defend yourself....

UNVOTE: XnadrojX
Let's look at the entirety of the wagon against me, shall we?

Spoiler: quotes with no commentary
In post 24, zemaj wrote:Heya everyone! New to this site, not the game, so I know some little bit, but I am woefully deficient at the meta here. More used to 48h day/24h night, so this will be interesting to say the least... Otherwise, I'm an open book, just ask if you would like to know more. (Also, apologize for no avvy, limited to phone atm, so it hard to find one I like that's the proper size without editing...)

Moving on:
Is that an OMGUS from Assemblerotws, without an actual vote on him? Looks like it to me. Any reason you're so nervous, Assemble? VOTE: Assemblerotws

not BP

(Never seen the BP/not BP in action before, hype! Ofc, only played in a Matrix6 once before, as far as I'm aware.)
In post 25, Deimos27 wrote:Hi Zemaj!
Was that a serious vote on Assemble?

You might've noticed Spartan already claimed BP, so you don't need to claim "not BP" anymore. We're just looking to see if anyone will counterclaim, the point being that if no one does, we can confidently say that Spartan is confirmed town. This is because there is almost no chance scum would take the 1/6 gamble that we are in setup 1 and fakeclaim BP.
If you are a doctor or cop, proceed as outlined in Plotinus's . If you're anything else, you should keep it to yourself.

@Assemble, Clemency is interpreting your differently than I did, and if he's right that could be a scumslip. So I'm interested to know what you meant by "sticking this game through to the end this time".
In post 38, zemaj wrote:
Semi-serious, though it could easily drop the 'semi', depending on response.

While you were not the only one questioning his opening post, you
were
the only one to provide much solid reasoning. Next post he votes you. If that isn't OMGUS (without the OMGUSer getting actually voted first) I'm not sure what qualifies.
You might've noticed Spartan already claimed BP, so you don't need to claim "not BP" anymore. We're just looking to see if anyone will counterclaim, the point being that if no one does, we can confidently say that Spartan is confirmed town. This is because there is almost no chance scum would take the 1/6 gamble that we are in setup 1 and fakeclaim BP.
If you are a doctor or cop, proceed as outlined in Plotinus's . If you're anything else, you should keep it to yourself
I misread Spartan's claim. I was wondering why people were denying counterclaim. That clarifies, thanks.
In post 50, Assemblerotws wrote:
In post 24, zemaj wrote:Heya everyone! New to this site, not the game, so I know some little bit, but I am woefully deficient at the meta here. More used to 48h day/24h night, so this will be interesting to say the least... Otherwise, I'm an open book, just ask if you would like to know more. (Also, apologize for no avvy, limited to phone atm, so it hard to find one I like that's the proper size without editing...)

Moving on:
Is that an OMGUS from Assemblerotws, without an actual vote on him? Looks like it to me. Any reason you're so nervous, Assemble? VOTE: Assemblerotws

not BP

(Never seen the BP/not BP in action before, hype! Ofc, only played in a Matrix6 once before, as far as I'm aware.)
Did you not see the comment that I was doing RVS based off the Book of Job?
I do not counterclaim bulletproof.

Unvote
In post 52, zemaj wrote:
In post 39, Deimos27 wrote:<snip>
@Zemaj, I asked because I thought your vote might've been RVS. Why do you think Assemble's vote on me was OMGUS and not normal RVS? Why do you call my "solid reasoning"? Do you believe that an SE not doing RVS in his first post is alignment indicative?
<snip>
I'll answer most obvious question first: I think anything that could be taken even slightly amiss
could be
alignment indicative. ;)

As I understand it, SE are weighted into Newbie games to give the newbs a general idea of the flow of things, and normal progression. To that end, a SE wouldn't just pop in, post a bit of chat, then cut out without at least going through the motions, I would think. Also comes to a point when he then pops back in, and just happens to RVS for the one person who called him specifically on what was at least slightly sloppy play. This is suspect in my book, and I strongly feel that ANY suspect posts should be pressed, as quickly as is possible.

As for that being 'solid reasoning', I meant that in that you actually put
some
reason, not just a nebulous statement alluding to a possible misplay or slip.

So yeah, I'm not going to piss in the wind with RVS when I have something tangible to go on. Call it personal preference... Or actual scum hunting over speccing and chatting, whichever works for you :P

As I stated earlier, I am at a loss for the meta specific to this site, so I'm just playing how I know... Probably be the death of me, but surviving to the end isn't my goal. Rooting out the scum, that is my goal.

Any particular reason you feel it necessary to question the guy pressing another player on an explained and (I believe) rational point?
In post 53, zemaj wrote:
In post 50, Assemblerotws wrote:Did you not see the comment that I was doing RVS based off the Book of Job?
I do not counterclaim bulletproof.

Unvote
A likely story...

Actually, TBH, no, I didn't. Red text up against the red trim washed out... Never noticed until I went back to reread your posts for that bit, and noticed trim line was wider than usual. Zoom did allow me to see it then, though.

Still, it is funny how that worked out for you, wouldn't you say? I like where my vote is FTB.
In post 54, Deimos27 wrote:
In post 52, zemaj wrote: Any particular reason you feel it necessary to question the guy pressing another player on an explained and (I believe) rational point?
I needed you to explain your "rational point", because it really didn't seem so to me.
In post 24, zemaj wrote: Moving on:
Is that an OMGUS from Assemblerotws, without an actual vote on him? Looks like it to me. Any reason you're so nervous, Assemble?
First you called Assemble's RVS vote OMGUS.
In post 38, zemaj wrote:
Semi-serious, though it could easily drop the 'semi', depending on response.

While you were not the only one questioning his opening post, you
were
the only one to provide much solid reasoning. Next post he votes you. If that isn't OMGUS (without the OMGUSer getting actually voted first) I'm not sure what qualifies.
Then you said I provided much "solid reasoning", when all I did was ask why he didn't participate in RVS and then disappeared. You can see why this seems very off to me.
He explained the disappearance just fine.
I do, however, agree with your that him not "going through the motions" like usual is a peculiarity, and it's great your vote got us out of RVS.
zemaj wrote:Still, it is funny how that worked out for you, wouldn't you say? I like where my vote is FTB.
How is is it "funny how that worked out" for him? Do you think he was lying?

@Assemble
You didn't respond to my .
In post 25, Deimos27 wrote:Clemency is interpreting your differently than I did, and if he's right that could be a scumslip. So I'm interested to know what you meant by "sticking this game through to the end this time".
@Xnadroj
Nice of you to finally tune in. What do you think of Zemaj and Assemble?
In post 62, Deimos27 wrote:
In post 59, Plotinus wrote:Deim, what did you get out of looking through assemble's previous games? Were you looking for something in particular? Did you find it?
You are mistaken if you think I looked very deep. He was the only player that had posted at the time, so I went through some of his games while I was waiting because I thought it'd be more useful than going through random ones. I wasn't looking for anything in particular.

However, one thing I noticed at school today:

He doesn't
always
RVS in his first post. At least in 1820 he was town and didn't RVS for many posts. I told zemaj it's peculiar coming from an SE. I never thought that meant it was AI, and now I'm even more confident.
Plotinus wrote:42 feels like you know that Clemency is town.
Could you elaborate on why you're interpreting it this way? If you look through Clemency's games you'll notice he is scumread in most (if not all) regardless of his alignment. I told him how he could improve his playstyle in order to be more easily accurately read by other players:
In post 42, Deimos27 wrote:If you're town, I'd like to remind you to be proactive. It's extremely important for the game that town gets townread by other town.
Do you disagree with this statement? I, at least, can't read anyone if they don't provide content.
Plotinus wrote:You seem pretty focused on assemble and your posts read as though you were pushing his wagon
Which posts read as though I'm pushing assemble specifically? I'm pressuring both sides of the argument, including zemaj:
Why do you think Assemble's vote on me was OMGUS and not normal RVS? Why do you call my 21 "solid reasoning"? Do you believe that an SE not doing RVS in his first post is alignment indicative?
Deimos27 wrote:How is is it "funny how that worked out" for him? Do you think he was lying?
I asked these questions because I didn't agree with his views on any of them.

I also currently have unanswered questions issued to Peaches and Xnadroj.
Plotinus wrote:but you're still on the XnadrojX train. Do you have any serious reads yet?
RVS is esentially over, but I have nowhere else to put my vote and unvoting isn't doing anything. Xnadroj is an okay candidate for pressure since he has only posted twice and neither time with any content. I hope he comes back to give his views on the game soon.

I have an early town lean on zemaj for the following reason:
Assume Zemaj is scum

If Assemble is town:
I don't think scum would make the play he made: Taking town out of RVS for the purpose of pushing a small peculiarity on a person that will eventually flip town? It would look bad.

If Assemble is scum:
I don't think scum would make the play he made: Taking town out of RVS for the purpose of pushing a small peculiarity on his scumpartner.
It's worth mentioning this scenario (S vs S) is technically possible as a form of distancing, but I don't think that sort of distancing would include a hardbus from the outset.

Plus: As scum he could've just replied to my question in that his vote on Assemble wasn't serious, just RVS. And the game would've continued to stagnate.

So scum!zemaj just doesn't make as much sense to me as town!zemaj.
In post 70, CheekyTeeky wrote:Ok as it stands I'm thinking assemble/Deimos scum team. Everyone else is town atm by default.

Not cc.
In post 73, Deimos27 wrote:
In post 69, CheekyTeeky wrote: I'm scum read every game for being proactive. It's hard to make people town read you no matter what you do.
I never said you wouldn't be scumread even when you're proactive. Proactivity doesn't make you conftown, but it makes you easier to read. Do you disagree? As town, would you rather play in a game of nine passive players, or nine players who are all active and asking questions?
Cheeky wrote:I'm not sure I like this post it feels like you're trying to impose a standard from which to make other people look scummy. I don't like that you reiterated that the bp claim helps town too. Your tone/intentions feel awkward and scummy.
Why do you think someone encouraging people to play in a manner that they believe to be pro-town comes only from scum?

Which post are you referring to by "reiterated the bp claim"? I didn't mention it once in .
CheekyTeeky wrote:Ok as it stands I'm thinking assemble/Deimos scum team. Everyone else is town atm by default.
Unless you're scum, you don't know the alignments this game for certain, so don't pretend you do. Who out of everyone left over is scummiest in your opinion? Who's most town?
In post 74, CheekyTeeky wrote:
In post 28, Deimos27 wrote:Xnadroj, Seanod and Peaches waiting room. Everyone else has already RVSed.

Maybe we can talk about possible fixes to Matrix6 post-game, but it's not
entirely
obvious this strategy is better for town than scum.
I think it is, but I've seen a lot of opposition.
This post pinged me.
In post 69, CheekyTeeky wrote: I'm scum read every game for being proactive. It's hard to make people town read you no matter what you do.
I never said you wouldn't be scumread even when you're proactive. Proactivity doesn't make you conftown, but it makes you easier to read. Do you disagree? As town, would you rather play in a game of nine passive players, or nine players who are all active and asking questions?
Cheeky wrote:I'm not sure I like this post it feels like you're trying to impose a standard from which to make other people look scummy. I don't like that you reiterated that the bp claim helps town too. Your tone/intentions feel awkward and scummy.
Why do you think someone encouraging people to play in a manner that they believe to be pro-town comes only from scum?

Which post are you referring to by "reiterated the bp claim"? I didn't mention it once in .
CheekyTeeky wrote:Ok as it stands I'm thinking assemble/Deimos scum team. Everyone else is town atm by default.
Unless you're scum, you don't know the alignments this game for certain, so don't pretend you do. Who out of everyone left over is scummiest in your opinion? Who's most town?
Lol look I find your tone and stances LAMIST as scumfuck. I'll be every bit as confident in my reads as I like; stop pushing people to conform to your opinions and style. Not sure if you're arrogant or just feigning ignorance; pushing people only works if they believe you mean it. Nit picking as a response to my push isn't going to make you more town in my eyes. Soz.
In post 83, Deimos27 wrote:
CheekyTeeky wrote:
In post 28, Deimos27 wrote:Xnadroj, Seanod and Peaches waiting room. Everyone else has already RVSed.

Maybe we can talk about possible fixes to Matrix6 post-game, but it's not
entirely
obvious this strategy is better for town than scum.
I think it is, but I've seen a lot of opposition.
This post pinged me.
Why?
This post was responding to Clemency's . I didn't think it was certain Matrix6 would be replaced because there's been controversy over how good the strat is.
CheekyTeeky wrote:

Lol look I find your tone and stances LAMIST as scumfuck. I'll be every bit as confident in my reads as I like; stop pushing people to conform to your opinions and style. Not sure if you're arrogant or just feigning ignorance; pushing people only works if they believe you mean it. Nit picking as a response to my push isn't going to make you more town in my eyes. Soz.
It's true that I want to be townread, but that applies for both alignments. LAMIST is only a scumtell when the accused is obsessed with
looking
town, more so than actively sorting and scumhunting. Which of my stances gives you that impression?
Whether you call it "pushing people to conform to your opinions" or not, I only recommend what I think is best for town. Telling everyone what your reads are on all the other players can be important if Assemble or I flip and you end up being wrong. It's not a lot of information, but there's no need to deny town it.

Finally, how am I nitpicking?
The only part I didn't respond to was:
CheekyTeeky wrote:Just saying in Clemency's defense that there are plenty of "right" ways to play mafia and very few wrong... I might be plagiarising mastin here.
How many ways mastin thinks there are of playing mafia right or wrong is irrelevant to whether proactivity is better for town than a lack of it.
In post 86, CheekyTeeky wrote:
In post 84, Deimos27 wrote:Cheeky, why do you think Assemble is scum?
You should have asked me that straight away, instead of defending yourself so much, then I would have known you are town, or objective at the very least. I didn't like his opening. I found you LAMIST. When I look at the interactions between you in RVS, it feels unnatural, and like a plan scum discussed pre-game to distance themselves. I also don't like how you've been reacting to my push and my read.

What do others think about these entrances? Do they look related or not so? Does Assemble's 2nd post feel genuine?
In post 6, Assemblerotws wrote:Afternoon, everybody!

This time I'm sticking this game through to the end.
In post 9, Deimos27 wrote:I was reading through some of Assemble's previous games and came across Newbie 1820, in which Fenrir suggested this BP claim strategy. I've seen it in other newbie games on this site also.

Wondering if the IC/SEs can share some insight on if this is a good idea? Seems very promising to me.

Loopdan wrote:There is a relatively new strategy first proposed in a Newbie game by Radiant Cowbells. It is quickly becoming the standard way to begin Newbie games (at least until they change the setup to something other than Matrix6).

We are going to mass-claim "1-Shot Bulletproof"(BP) or "Not BP". To do this properly we need everyone to claim immediately.

Your next post needs to contain either a claim of 1-Shot Bulletproof or "Not BP"

Do not claim (or no-claim) any other role at this time

Reasons
:
1) Scum often attempt to fakeclaim bulletproof. By claiming early, your claim has maximum credibility and take that avenue away from Scum in the later game.
2) Although it does not technically confirm the player as town due to the possibility of a Jailkeeper only setup, the lack of a counterclaim gives the bulletproof townie considerable leverage because scum fakeclaiming bulletproof have terrible odds at doing so successfully.
3) If there is no Bulletproof Townie, that information will help us in the next phase of breaking the game.

Then what?

If there is a BP claim, there are three roles that can counterclaim it - BP, cop, and doctor.

If you are the real bulletproof or a cop, the correct way to counter a fake bulletproof claim is simply to say, "I counterclaim.", regardless of which of those two you are.

If you are a doctor, wait until everyone else has refused to counterclaim before you speak up! Ideally, the cop will counterclaim and you can stay in the shadows protecting them.

If there is no bulletproof claim, the next step is Tracker claim, which we can deal with if/when we get there.
In post 21, Deimos27 wrote:I want to know why an SE didn't RVS and just disappeared after making a single post that wasn't even game related.
In post 22, Deimos27 wrote:
In post 21, Deimos27 wrote:I want to know why an SE didn't RVS and just disappeared after making a single post that wasn't even game related.
Referring to Assemble's entrance.
In post 23, Assemblerotws wrote:
VOTE: Deimos27
Do not question what you cannot understand.
Busy with a school assignment involving the Book of Job, so now I'm doing RVS based on it.
Was that a serious vote on Assemble...

@Assemble, Clemency is interpreting your differently than I did, and if he's right that could be a scumslip. So I'm interested to know what you meant by "sticking this game through to the end this time".
In post 87, CheekyTeeky wrote:Then we see the not subtle discrediting of Clemency from Deimos and then the way he seems overdefensive when called out by me. There are multiple layers I didn't like in his first response to me. I'll go into that more when others have responded to the entrances.
In post 94, CheekyTeeky wrote:
In post 86, CheekyTeeky wrote:What do others think about these entrances? Do they look related or not so? Does Assemble's 2nd post feel genuine?
This town is making me sad :/ I would love people's thoughts on this, even if your conclusion is that Cheeky is a paranoid nutball...
In post 97, Plotinus wrote:
In post 89, XnadrojX wrote:Well OK Plotinus came in very townily I guess so I think they're town. Is that a round-about way of calling my vote bad and if so, why is it bad at that point of time?
It's not really calling it bad because I didn't really like your entrance either; also thought that you were making excuses. But it is pointing out the hypocrisy that you're scumreading someone for something very similar to what you yourself have done: making excuses for future bad play. That said,

In post 91, XnadrojX wrote:OH waitr I'm blind they're clear.

UNVOTE: Spartan
I'm kind of townleaning this? I feel like scum would be paying more attention to who is clear.
In post 94, CheekyTeeky wrote:
In post 86, CheekyTeeky wrote:What do others think about these entrances? Do they look related or not so? Does Assemble's 2nd post feel genuine?
This town is making me sad :/ I would love people's thoughts on this, even if your conclusion is that Cheeky is a paranoid nutball...
I think that it is pretty unlikely for scum to plan out their RVS in that degree of detail. In other queues where players are more likely to know each other and there aren't so many unknown players as there are in newbies, you might see some pregame discussion of which players are threats and how to deal with them.

But, uh, with my track record lately I don't want to shut down something you're pursuing with a repeat of the BEC incident.

Cheeky, is it too early for me to be townreading Clemency? Because I kinda am.

In post 95, mhsmith0 wrote:Prodding Assemblerotws, Spartan117, Peaches, zemaj
:|
In post 96, Assemblerotws wrote:"You know nothing, Job. I am so far above you that you cannot understand a tenth of what I do." That was the purpose of my RVS vote, joking about how I was an SE and Deimos only a newbie.

VOTE: Assemble L-3
In post 101, CheekyTeeky wrote:
In post 96, Assemblerotws wrote:I'm starting to wonder if Deimos is scum for how they pushed me for what I made clear was a reference to the Book of Job, where God goes on a long diatribe that can be basically summed up as "You know nothing, Job. I am so far above you that you cannot understand a tenth of what I do." That was the purpose of my RVS vote, joking about how I was an SE and Deimos only a newbie.
Hi Assemble, what are you studying that would lead to an assignment on the book of job? Where did Deimos push you after you explained your RVS vote? Why would scum or town do that?

Pedit - nice Clemency but as there are 2 scum roles the answer is always 2/9. @Plot yes he's town.
In post 104, XnadrojX wrote:The chances of rolling scum twice in a row is 1/20. The chances of someone being scum here when they've rolled scum in a previous game is 2/9.

@Plot, pls no you can townread me for literally anything else I've done but TRing me for being retarded is just.... weird. I mean , being retarded is NAI and I can (and often am) be retarded as either alignment. So are you calling my vote bad or not? Also I never implied I wanted to be excused from being scumread, I just said I'm going to ruin the game. I mean you could interpret it othwerwise I guess, but if you want to take my word for it, that was not my intention.

UNVOTE:
VOTE: Assemble

96 pings me because it's inaccurate and basically a discredit. Feels like self-conscious player.
In post 111, Deimos27 wrote:
In post 106, Deimos27 wrote:Assemble, your entire ISO is just 7 posts of which almost none is useful, game-advancing content.
Do you continue to have zero reads on anyone?
Are there IRL reasons you're being so inactive?
I'm starting to feel like Assemble is the scummiest player in this game.

I think if something were going on IRL Assemble would either be V/LA or have mentioned it already. An SE flying under the radar like that actually feels really scummy.
Just look at his ISO. It's all lurky non-content, and apart from his very first post (which was nothing but a greeting) and very latest post (which was inaccurate and right after a prod), he hasn't posted at all except when directly questioned or attacked. And even those posts haven't included anything but the necessary response. He's done zero sorting or scumhunting, apart from maybe his latest "wondering" about my nonexistent push on his RVS vote.
Zero

Recent posts from Xnadj feel pretty town, Assemble is where I want my vote.
UNVOTE:
VOTE: Assemble

L-1

Since the IC hasn't yet explained this:
Do
not
hammer before stating an intent to do so and asking for a claim.
Ignoring the above is equivalent to a scumclaim.

75% people scumreading me thinking my actions were intentional when I've already said it was a stupid-ass mistake, 25% a guy who replaced out when he couldn't push a lynch on me. If there's anyone who still thinks I intentionally attacked Deimos, come forward and tell me why so I can answer you properly.
The site doesn't allow nested spoilers so I removed the spoiler tags from inside the spoiler. Assemble, this is information instead of analysis. All you have done is quote every post that mentions you and done it in a way that makes that page difficult to read. When you quote somebody, use your mouse to select just the part that is relevant and then hit quote -- then only the part you want to reply to will be selected. After that, type some words about what you think of it. An empty quote adds nothing new -- we all read the quote the first time. What we want to know is what you think of the material you are quoting. This is just a giant wall to look like you are doing something when you are doing nothing.

Who is scum among the people you have quoted? Does anything ping you in any of these posts?

Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Wed Oct 04, 2017 9:19 pm

Post by Plotinus »

In post 129, Assemblerotws wrote: I'm not an early game player, but I have still managed to provide some reads (see my twice-expressed scumread on zemaj, though I botched it the first time).
You do have a point with the appeasement, though. I'm probably still a little paranoid after being lynched in LYLO by someone whose only justification was that I apparently looked scummy due to my lurking, never mind the holes in the other guy's claim you could drive a wagon through.
Ok, so you have one read. Are you voting him? Have you voted him at any point in the game? Are you pushing him? Trying to get him lynched? Trying to convince other people to vote him?
In post 154, Assemblerotws wrote:Zemaj/RC slot upgraded to nullscum for now.
:| You're giving your only scumread townpoints for doing what literally everybody does regardless of alignment when they replace in and don't want the dayphase to end before they get current and have reads? This looks to me like you were willing to push a weaker player, zemaj, but when he was replaced by a stronger one, you get ready to abandon the push.
In post 168, RadiantCowbells wrote:Umm so like

1) your personality felt subdued and you felt a lot less -you- when you were scum and you feel very -you- this game.
2) you had a really deer in the headlights feeling as scum where you really felt like you were putting on an act and I don't see that there.
3) I would have expected you to, if you were scum, get a bit more scared or defensive in response to me opening by calling you scum.
4) 93 and 94 really stood out to me and I don't know how many words I can put to it but they feel very town.
Like I've seen scum make the 'omg no one is posting' posts before but they didn't look like that, and 93 was just too cute to SR
Cool. Note to self to skim that game later.
In post 170, Clemency wrote:Does he always need to have such a chaotic entrance?
Yes.

(I seem to remember him posting a longer thing about that but I can't find it now.)
In post 198, RadiantCowbells wrote:Sorry.

Replace me from this game.
Sad to see you go. :(
In post 201, UC Voyager wrote:hello guys.
hi!

Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #208 (ISO) » Wed Oct 04, 2017 9:43 pm

Post by Plotinus »

I did skim Cheeky's game and I think she did find her groove later and did well but early on, yeah, her tone was really different from the games I've played with her.

CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #209 (ISO) » Wed Oct 04, 2017 9:47 pm

Post by CheekyTeeky »

In post 208, Plotinus wrote:I did skim Cheeky's game and I think she did find her groove later and did well but early on, yeah, her tone was really different from the games I've played with her.
It was my first game without training wheels :/ besides when in Rome...
Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #210 (ISO) » Wed Oct 04, 2017 10:07 pm

Post by Plotinus »

You did well and you won.

CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #211 (ISO) » Wed Oct 04, 2017 10:16 pm

Post by CheekyTeeky »

In post 210, Plotinus wrote:You did well and you won.
Thanks Plot. I tried to emulate your scum play tbh. I noticed all the comments on your wiki where people doubted you because of the effort you put in as "town" and thought it'd be a cool style to try to pull off.

Anyway is it just me or are ICs cursed to be unwell/VLA? I hope you feel 100% again soon.
Peaches
Peaches
Townie
Peaches
Townie
Townie

Post Post #212 (ISO) » Wed Oct 04, 2017 10:25 pm

Post by Peaches »

@Plot Can you answer 55 please

@Xnad Can you post a read list? I am having a hard time reading you because you are changing you vote frequently. I see that you are townreading plot and cheeky, and scumreading assemble but what are your opinions of the others?

Read list coming momentarily
Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #213 (ISO) » Wed Oct 04, 2017 10:34 pm

Post by Plotinus »

In post 55, Peaches wrote:Interesting strategy. The new newbie setup looks interesting too
I don't counterclaim

VOTE: Plotinus
What do you think of the early train on Xnadroj?
I don't have very many thoughts about it.

Spoiler: Deimos vote
In post 7, Deimos27 wrote:Hello, everyone!
I'm Deimos, but most people shorten it to Deim. Call me what you wish.

Luckily, I have managed to already find obvscum.
VOTE: XnadrojX
Towner than not, decent way of getting the game rolling.

Spoiler: Plotinus' vote
In post 11, Plotinus wrote:We can do the BP strategy if you guys want to.

The reasons to do it are as Deimos said, with the addition that if there isn't a bulletproof and there is a tracker, the tracker can claim knowing that there is a doctor to protect them and no roleblocker to block them.

The reasons against doing it are that it starts the game off with some boring mechanics talk instead of scumhunting, and being conftown can be pretty stressful for the player in that position.

So what I absolutely don't want to do is pause the game entirely for the strategy: we should still do RVS and scumhunting and discussion as normal, and just at the bottom of a post that *otherwise has game advancing content in it*, put whether you are BP or not BP

Not BP

game advancing content: VOTE: XnadrojX L-3
Town!

Spoiler: Spartan's vote
In post 15, Spartan117 wrote:
BP

L-2
Town.

What do you think of it?

Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #214 (ISO) » Wed Oct 04, 2017 10:37 pm

Post by Plotinus »

In post 211, CheekyTeeky wrote:
In post 210, Plotinus wrote:You did well and you won.
Thanks Plot. I tried to emulate your scum play tbh. I noticed all the comments on your wiki where people doubted you because of the effort you put in as "town" and thought it'd be a cool style to try to pull off.

Anyway is it just me or are ICs cursed to be unwell/VLA? I hope you feel 100% again soon.
My favourite game where I did that was Handwriting.

UTI's suck. I've been trying to drink a lot to flush it out but my city doesn't have any public toilets at all, so I can only do that when I'm at home. I am caught up now though so I should be aroundish for talking and stuff.

Peaches
Peaches
Townie
Peaches
Townie
Townie

Post Post #215 (ISO) » Wed Oct 04, 2017 11:28 pm

Post by Peaches »

town

Spartan-BP
Clem-Posts feel genuine and I like push on Zemaj/RC slot

town lean

Plot-Entrance similar to previous game. I liked post 88. He pointed out that there are similarities in Xnad posts, but doesn't say what they are to see if Xnad sees the same thing.

Deimos- Actively questioning and pushing players. 42 I don't think scum would tell another player to be proactive. An inactive town is an easy place for scum to hide.

neutral

Xnadjro-not sure what to think of entrance. Changes vote a lot

scum lean

UC/RC/Zemaj slot- Zemaj votes Assemble due OMGUS vote on Deimos, but in 53 says he didn't see red text. Not sure why Zemaj likes their vote here since he didn't initially read part of the post. He should have unvoted in this post or given other reasons to scum read assemble. RC entrance is weird

Cheeky-Cheeky's reaction in 74 doesn't feel genuine. She doesn't answer Deimos questions, gets defensive and claims Deimos is nit picking.

scum

Assemble-Doesn't place RVS, but places an RVS when questioned about it with no explaination in the change of behavior.
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #216 (ISO) » Wed Oct 04, 2017 11:35 pm

Post by CheekyTeeky »

In post 215, Peaches wrote:Cheeky-Cheeky's reaction in 74 doesn't feel genuine. She doesn't answer Deimos questions, gets defensive and claims Deimos is nit picking.
Yay finally a scum read on me, I was starting to feel out of place here. How is you not understanding my post AI for me?

I find it telling that you scum lean on the two slots that scum leaned on you. Feels like that scummy OMGUS thing without the vote O_o
Peaches
Peaches
Townie
Peaches
Townie
Townie

Post Post #217 (ISO) » Wed Oct 04, 2017 11:41 pm

Post by Peaches »

In post 213, Plotinus wrote:
In post 55, Peaches wrote:Interesting strategy. The new newbie setup looks interesting too
I don't counterclaim

VOTE: Plotinus
What do you think of the early train on Xnadroj?
I don't have very many thoughts about it.

Spoiler: Deimos vote
In post 7, Deimos27 wrote:Hello, everyone!
I'm Deimos, but most people shorten it to Deim. Call me what you wish.

Luckily, I have managed to already find obvscum.
Towner than not, decent way of getting the game rolling.

Spoiler: Plotinus' vote
In post 11, Plotinus wrote:We can do the BP strategy if you guys want to.

The reasons to do it are as Deimos said, with the addition that if there isn't a bulletproof and there is a tracker, the tracker can claim knowing that there is a doctor to protect them and no roleblocker to block them.

The reasons against doing it are that it starts the game off with some boring mechanics talk instead of scumhunting, and being conftown can be pretty stressful for the player in that position.

So what I absolutely don't want to do is pause the game entirely for the strategy: we should still do RVS and scumhunting and discussion as normal, and just at the bottom of a post that *otherwise has game advancing content in it*, put whether you are BP or not BP

Not BP

game advancing content: VOTE: XnadrojX L-3
Town!

Spoiler: Spartan's vote
In post 15, Spartan117 wrote:
BP

L-2
Town.

What do you think of it?
Early trains can be a form of pressure to see how a player enters the game. It can also be a place for scum to hide. I think its the former in this case
Peaches
Peaches
Townie
Peaches
Townie
Townie

Post Post #218 (ISO) » Wed Oct 04, 2017 11:52 pm

Post by Peaches »

In post 216, CheekyTeeky wrote:
In post 215, Peaches wrote:Cheeky-Cheeky's reaction in 74 doesn't feel genuine. She doesn't answer Deimos questions, gets defensive and claims Deimos is nit picking.
Yay finally a scum read on me, I was starting to feel out of place here. How is you not understanding my post AI for me?

I find it telling that you scum lean on the two slots that scum leaned on you. Feels like that scummy OMGUS thing without the vote O_o
How would I know if your post is AI for you? This is the first time I have ever played with you. I don't read players previous games to get a meta read on them. The only person whom I noticed was xnad who voted me and he said is was because he didn't have a read on me. I wouldn't call that a scum read. I think clem said something about me making one post and leaving, but I haven't noticed anyone else. If others are scum reading me, they can always pressure and vote me :)
Peaches
Peaches
Townie
Peaches
Townie
Townie

Post Post #219 (ISO) » Wed Oct 04, 2017 11:55 pm

Post by Peaches »

UNVOTE:
VOTE: Assemblerotws
Peaches
Peaches
Townie
Peaches
Townie
Townie

Post Post #220 (ISO) » Wed Oct 04, 2017 11:58 pm

Post by Peaches »

forgot to add L-1
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #221 (ISO) » Thu Oct 05, 2017 12:16 am

Post by CheekyTeeky »

In post 169, RadiantCowbells wrote:My overall readslist is something like

{Spartan117, RC}
{CheekyTeeky}
{Xnadrojx, Clemency}
{Plotinus}
{Assemblerotws}
{Deimos27, Peaches}
In post 130, CheekyTeeky wrote:
In post 129, Assemblerotws wrote:see my twice-expressed scumread on zemaj, though I botched it the first time
This is valid. Could you elaborate on the Zemaj read and tell us your thoughts on others at this point? Here's where I am atm - top is town:
Spartan (conf.)
Clemency
Zemaj
Plot
Deimos
Peaches
XnadrojX
Assemblerotws
Two players that scum lean on you are also the two slots you scum lean on. I also remember seeing you regurgitating other people's reads, plus it looks like you're struggling to come up with original thoughts about the game which is why I put your slot where I did. It looks like I could be wrong about the assemble/deimos team.

VOTE: Peaches
UC Voyager
UC Voyager
Mafia Scum
UC Voyager
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #222 (ISO) » Thu Oct 05, 2017 2:39 am

Post by UC Voyager »

lol. looks like zemaj screwed thhings up for himself. he is from the same site i am from, and it is a lot different there. he actually followed standard procedure as we would there for the most part.

right off the bat im having scum reads on peaches and Plotinus

CheekyTeeky is very straight foward. making good points so far

again gtg. im sorry school sucks
Spartan117
Spartan117
Mafia Scum
Spartan117
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #223 (ISO) » Thu Oct 05, 2017 4:36 am

Post by Spartan117 »

In post 219, Peaches wrote:UNVOTE:
VOTE: Assemblerotws
I don't like Peaches naked vote on Assemble, they have posted nearly as little as I have, with not much independent thought, I see it more as scum trying to hide on the wagon than any particular line of inquiry.
Assemblerotws
Assemblerotws
Goon
Assemblerotws
Goon
Goon

Post Post #224 (ISO) » Thu Oct 05, 2017 5:18 am

Post by Assemblerotws »

I'd do this even if that horrible scumread/vote wasn't on me.
Show
Check my wiki for my meta.
"Yeah, when I see an intelligent paragraph, I'll know it's Assemble" -Jay
"I thought Assembler was quite good. I was surprised he was the NK because he's often in the lynch pool, but tunnelling scum will do that to your life expectancy!" -ffery
"assemble GOAT mod" -Mulch
"Anyone who plays with assemble knows silence is NAI" -Maki

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”