Micro 745: Beyond Death [Endgame]

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #575 (ISO) » Mon Oct 23, 2017 2:00 pm

Post by Cabd »

518 says zito is town locking and POE-ing the rest. It's not like the best explsination of a vote ever but it's certainly not a black hole of reasons.
Show
Have retired for good; Life is too busy to have time or energy for mafia. It was fun~

And then, a Miracle, a Dance Game and a flight of fancy struck, one more game into the abyss
Chip Butty
Chip Butty
Mafia Scum
Chip Butty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #576 (ISO) » Mon Oct 23, 2017 2:04 pm

Post by Chip Butty »

In post 575, Cabd wrote:518 says zito is town locking and POE-ing the rest. It's not like the best explsination of a vote ever but it's certainly not a black hole of reasons.
Can you explain like I'm 5yo please?
Chip Butty
Chip Butty
Mafia Scum
Chip Butty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #577 (ISO) » Mon Oct 23, 2017 2:13 pm

Post by Chip Butty »

In post 320, Chip Butty wrote:
In post 287, Sobolev Space wrote:
In post 280, Cabd wrote:For the record, I am reserving my real reads list until everyone else has posted theirs, i don't want "sheep the confotown's reads" being a thing.
sure

{SS, Cabd}
{NSG, Cheeky, Chip}
{BTD}
{Hopkirk, Micc}
{Kawso}
In post 319, Micc wrote:I haven't seen anything from Sobolev that made me want to push him so he gets to be a default town read.
Sobolev is scum leaning Hopkirk too, yet you have no problem with that?
Hmm. Sobolov-PZ was scumleaning Hopkirk, as was I, and Micc was suspicious of me for it but not SS. I seem to remember i questioned him about that and his answer wasn't bad. At this point i thought the SS slot was solid too. Food for thought...
Papa Zito
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #578 (ISO) » Mon Oct 23, 2017 2:32 pm

Post by Papa Zito »

In post 574, Chip Butty wrote:Except you don't explain your vote in 518. Is anyone else seeing an explanation there? All I'm seeing is 'I'm not interested in explaining'
yeesh

Here I'll quote the exact sentence for you.
In post 518, Papa Zito wrote:So atm I'm much more interested in supporting my townreads efforts in doing things than trying to drill down on my own.
Kappa
Just Monika
Age is a very high price to pay for maturity.
Chip Butty
Chip Butty
Mafia Scum
Chip Butty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #579 (ISO) » Mon Oct 23, 2017 2:34 pm

Post by Chip Butty »

In post 292, Chip Butty wrote:
In post 280, Cabd wrote:For the record, I am reserving my real reads list until everyone else has posted theirs, i don't want "sheep the confotown's reads" being a thing.
[Cabd]
[SS, CT, NSG]
[Micc
[Hopkirk]
[]

*Not enough input: BTD6, Kawso
So here is the readlist which broke Micc's s heart by relegating him to null. Time for an update.

[Cabd]
[CT, Micc, BTD]
[NSG]
[Hopkirk, PZ]
[]

UCV: not enough input.
Micc gets re-promoted because of recent interplay with PZ and Hopkirk (unlikely to be scum with either) but also because all that stuff about him being good by virtue of being a setup designer is off the table now. Bustling town i think.
BTD has joined the game. Seems cautious / non-committal but that's okay for now. Overall, don't really like the wagon he had on him earlier.
Ive put NSG as null, a demotion, but this might be a bit harsh. Mainly to do with interactions with CT. Will get around to that when i have time.
Hopkirk rating is provisional, as i need to do an updated ISO there.
The only reason PZ is not on the bottom tier is I'm waiting to see if Cabd can clear up 518 for me.
Chip Butty
Chip Butty
Mafia Scum
Chip Butty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #580 (ISO) » Mon Oct 23, 2017 2:36 pm

Post by Chip Butty »

In post 578, Papa Zito wrote:
In post 574, Chip Butty wrote:Except you don't explain your vote in 518. Is anyone else seeing an explanation there? All I'm seeing is 'I'm not interested in explaining'
yeesh

Here I'll quote the exact sentence for you.
In post 518, Papa Zito wrote:So atm I'm much more interested in supporting my townreads efforts in doing things than trying to drill down on my own.
Yeah i get that you are talking about that sentence. I just don't see an explanation there. I mean, we could all say that to dodge questions, right?
Papa Zito
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #581 (ISO) » Mon Oct 23, 2017 2:37 pm

Post by Papa Zito »

I feel like I've somehow wandered into Road to Rome.
Kappa
Just Monika
Chip Butty
Chip Butty
Mafia Scum
Chip Butty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #582 (ISO) » Mon Oct 23, 2017 2:38 pm

Post by Chip Butty »

You are REALLY looking evasive on this issue now.
Chip Butty
Chip Butty
Mafia Scum
Chip Butty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #583 (ISO) » Mon Oct 23, 2017 2:38 pm

Post by Chip Butty »

In post 581, Papa Zito wrote:I feel like I've somehow wandered into Road to Rome.
Ah, the discrediting has begun!
Chip Butty
Chip Butty
Mafia Scum
Chip Butty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #584 (ISO) » Mon Oct 23, 2017 2:43 pm

Post by Chip Butty »

I've been around for hours now. Gonna take a break and do RL stuff. Will check to see if the Kawso...UCV slot has finally provided content.
Micc
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #585 (ISO) » Mon Oct 23, 2017 2:45 pm

Post by Micc »

but he literally quoted the exact sentence for you Chip....
"To hide a tree, use a forest" -Ninja Boy Hideo
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #586 (ISO) » Mon Oct 23, 2017 3:15 pm

Post by Cabd »

In post 576, Chip Butty wrote:
In post 575, Cabd wrote:518 says zito is town locking and POE-ing the rest. It's not like the best explsination of a vote ever but it's certainly not a black hole of reasons.
Can you explain like I'm 5yo please?
There's 9 players in the game.

I am confirmed town, and presumably he's not gonna vote himself, right?

That leaves 7 potential players.

Now what would happen if he had really solid townreads on a few of them?

Naturally, you'd look at the rest, right?

Now, imagine you townread five others.

What's that leave?

Well; that's two in the leftover pile for scum.
Show
Have retired for good; Life is too busy to have time or energy for mafia. It was fun~

And then, a Miracle, a Dance Game and a flight of fancy struck, one more game into the abyss
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #587 (ISO) » Mon Oct 23, 2017 3:15 pm

Post by Cabd »

In post 581, Papa Zito wrote:I feel like I've somehow wandered into Road to Rome.
Nah broski it's fine I'm a qualified IC player.
Show

Chip Butty
Chip Butty
Mafia Scum
Chip Butty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #588 (ISO) » Mon Oct 23, 2017 3:51 pm

Post by Chip Butty »

Okay i think I've nutted this out, after reading Cabd's last post. I think everybody has been reading 518 as
In post 518, Papa Zito wrote:So atm I'm much more interested in supporting my townreads efforts in doing things than trying to drill down
on my own
independently
Chip Butty
Chip Butty
Mafia Scum
Chip Butty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #589 (ISO) » Mon Oct 23, 2017 3:56 pm

Post by Chip Butty »

Whereas I've been reading it as
In post 518, Papa Zito wrote:So atm I'm much more interested in supporting my townreads efforts in doing things than trying to drill down on my own
reads.
Which seemed weird.

So, okay, PZ voted BTD because he townread Micc and Hopkirk, and was so confident in his reads that he decided to sheep them but actively avoid saying he was sheeping them.

So my next questions for PZ are:

Why the townreads on Micc and Hopkirk? Why so strong you see them as sheepable?

Why didn't you want to say this was what you were doing?
Micc
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #590 (ISO) » Mon Oct 23, 2017 5:31 pm

Post by Micc »

Chip, lets talk UC Voyager. You seemed pretty set on waiting for him to make his entrance before settling on a vote, yet you haven't commented on his intent to hammer and subsequent vote on you. What are your thoughts?
"To hide a tree, use a forest" -Ninja Boy Hideo
Papa Zito
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #591 (ISO) » Mon Oct 23, 2017 5:32 pm

Post by Papa Zito »

In post 589, Chip Butty wrote:Why the townreads on Micc and Hopkirk? Why so strong you see them as sheepable?
I will politely decline to answer these questions.
Why didn't you want to say this was what you were doing?
Oh you want some mafia philosophy?

Here's you some mafia philosophy. One of my early influences was Thesp, an IC in one of my newbie games, who said this:
I strongly subscribe to a limited information theory of mafia in all directions - that is, there is a significant degree of information that everyone ought to keep secret and/or is trying to keep secret. (I think it's important to assess the motivations for keeping such things undisclosed, but it is not always as important to know for certain what people are keeping secret, aside from their alignments.) To that end, I will not explain my actions all the time, nor do I think I should. I do think I owe the town explanations from time to time, and if I expect to convince anyone, I absolutely ought to give more compelling reasons for people to follow along with me.
So when I play, I tend not to "show my cards" as it were. I monitor what's going on in all the discussions being had, and I poke at people as well, but I don't tend to give much information away unless I'm specifically asked and I think the question being asked is helpful. Mostly I do this to keep the scum guessing - the less I give away, the less they know how big a threat I am to them. If I feel really strongly about a particular read I will go ham to get that lynch through.

I hope you enjoyed this short treatise on How I Do Things.
Kappa
Just Monika
Chip Butty
Chip Butty
Mafia Scum
Chip Butty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #592 (ISO) » Mon Oct 23, 2017 6:29 pm

Post by Chip Butty »

In post 590, Micc wrote:Chip, lets talk UC Voyager. You seemed pretty set on waiting for him to make his entrance before settling on a vote, yet you haven't commented on his intent to hammer and subsequent vote on you. What are your thoughts?
UCV's vote/intent: I'm familiar with UCV's play. He's sometimes impulsive and logic isn't his forte. I thought giving 12 hours notice of intent was restrained by his standards. However, I'm concerned that it was another naked vote and I'm pretty sure he's not doing it for mafia philosophical reasons like PZ. So i definitely want to hear reasons for that vote.

My vote: I don't like being told when to vote etc so i was just digging my heels in to some extent, but also i wasn't ready, wanted to get some answers out of PZ first. I decided to vote when i did because i felt i had caught him in a lie and had enough to get some traction on a wagon, plus UCV had put in an appearance and i thought a reads list was imminent. He said something earlier about doing it after school.
Chip Butty
Chip Butty
Mafia Scum
Chip Butty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #593 (ISO) » Mon Oct 23, 2017 6:36 pm

Post by Chip Butty »

@PZ: Okay that's fine, i think. A couple of people here seem to know you, so i guess you're not gonna lie about your playstyle / philosophy. That would seem to explain why nobody but me had a problem with this low info approach of your

I have to say i feel a bit like policy lynching you though, sinply because when you roll scum this low info thing would be great for skating through the first few days..
Chip Butty
Chip Butty
Mafia Scum
Chip Butty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #594 (ISO) » Mon Oct 23, 2017 6:38 pm

Post by Chip Butty »

Also, speaking of impulsive players, I'd appreciate being taken down to L-2, jic someone comes in and votes before reading to the end of the thread.
Chip Butty
Chip Butty
Mafia Scum
Chip Butty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #595 (ISO) » Mon Oct 23, 2017 6:43 pm

Post by Chip Butty »

I think, given recent revelations, PZ is null or null town for now. I feel better now i don't have to resolve what looked like a big gap in townness between SS and PZ.
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #596 (ISO) » Tue Oct 24, 2017 12:08 am

Post by CheekyTeeky »

Ok hammertime!
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #597 (ISO) » Tue Oct 24, 2017 12:13 am

Post by CheekyTeeky »

Lol just joking. Seriously wtf people get off Chip. The whole case is bad and I know Cabd better be reaction testing when he helped build the wagon or else he doesn't actually read the thread and needs to be ignored. NSG spotted the gaping logical flaws in Papa's case and she fell into the background. This is the strongest proof to me so far that she's either town or scum distancing, but we won't know until Papa flips. For now I'm going to say she's town.

Please can we have some more unvotes. Chip you neglected my slot in your updated reads.

UNVOTE:

There is scum on this wagon, I can smell it.
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #598 (ISO) » Tue Oct 24, 2017 12:18 am

Post by CheekyTeeky »

I'm happy to vote in Papa or BTD today.
Papa Zito
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #599 (ISO) » Tue Oct 24, 2017 2:09 am

Post by Papa Zito »

@Chip: If you think you can push through a policy lynch you go right ahead bud.
In post 597, CheekyTeeky wrote:NSG spotted the gaping logical flaws in Papa's case
Please illuminate the class on these gaping logical flaws.
Kappa
Just Monika

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”