Votecount 2.11Image
CheekyTeeky (1)
UC Voyager (2)
, ,
TBD
northsidegal (3)

BlackVoid (2)
, ,

Per replacement request, day two deadline is extended to 72 hours, and will be Wednesday October 25nd, 12 PM PST. (expired on 2017-10-25 12:00:00)

Per replacement request, day two deadline is extended to 48 hours from replace-in, and will be Thursday October 26nd, 9 AM PST. (expired on 2017-10-26 09:00:00)

With 8 alive it takes 5 to lynch!
[/size]
Last edited by mhsmith0 on Tue Oct 24, 2017 6:16 am, edited 3 times in total.
Show
http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Mhsmith0
Conq: you, sir, are great at being town.
BATMAN: Only jugg was the only one we didn’t scum read at least not me
Quick: There is little to no chance this slot is Power-Wolfing.
SR: I want to give him a day
Life is simply unfair, don't you think?
Spartan117
Spartan117
Mafia Scum
Spartan117
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #826 (ISO) » Tue Oct 24, 2017 4:47 am

Post by Spartan117 »

This game is never going to work, its a game of subs, every time a slot changes it effects my read on it further confusing things.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #827 (ISO) » Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:03 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 826, Spartan117 wrote:This game is never going to work, its a game of subs, every time a slot changes it effects my read on it further confusing things.
Newbie games tend to have more replacements than most games - since people are just trying the game and many find it's not for them.
That said, you need to develop a method for handling replacements - you'll have to deal with them in all games on every site as far as I've ever been able to see.
mhsmith0
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
Balancing Act

Post Post #828 (ISO) » Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:34 am

Post by mhsmith0 »

northsidegal replaces clemency effective immediately
Show
http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Mhsmith0
Conq: you, sir, are great at being town.
BATMAN: Only jugg was the only one we didn’t scum read at least not me
Quick: There is little to no chance this slot is Power-Wolfing.
SR: I want to give him a day
Life is simply unfair, don't you think?
UC Voyager
UC Voyager
Mafia Scum
UC Voyager
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #829 (ISO) » Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:39 am

Post by UC Voyager »

Oh. This person. I'm actually kind of happy with this replacment
so...i don't get enough sleep
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #830 (ISO) » Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:44 am

Post by northsidegal »

hey all! i've been following along with this game so i've already got some reads formed. i'll have some more time to post later today, if anyone has anything they'd like me to respond to then just ask. as i understand the wagon on my slot is mostly due to meta scum-apathy and the pressing deadline, hopefully with the time extension we can coordinate a better one.
lucca261
lucca261
He/Him
Goon
lucca261
He/Him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #831 (ISO) » Tue Oct 24, 2017 8:35 am

Post by lucca261 »

UNVOTE: Northsidegal

i'll give some time so she can get in the game. still expecting that black void meaningless post, too, outside of D1.

the situation right now is: I'm okay with lynching clemency/voyager/cheeky, in that order. the recent developments made me question my townread on cheeky. how she acted in relation to Clemency wagon, clearly misdirecting to a policy lynch on xnadro slot, makes me question her slot. right now, I think voyager is either the most gullible person on the planet, newbtown desperate to survive or scum. i'm fine with him dying. actually, i'm fine with anyone dying. we need a flip right now, to advance the game. we're paused on a sea of replacements, and virtual resets on discussion. that's life, I guess.
UC Voyager
UC Voyager
Mafia Scum
UC Voyager
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #832 (ISO) » Tue Oct 24, 2017 8:41 am

Post by UC Voyager »

UNVOTE:
VOTE: blackvoid

I'm also think clemency/NSG would be a bad lynch!

On the other hand. I have had my suspicions of the XandrojX slot for how long?
lucca261
lucca261
He/Him
Goon
lucca261
He/Him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #833 (ISO) » Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:14 am

Post by lucca261 »

why would Clemency be a bad lynch? I think it would be an excellent lynch.
UC Voyager
UC Voyager
Mafia Scum
UC Voyager
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #834 (ISO) » Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:15 am

Post by UC Voyager »

In post 833, lucca261 wrote:why would Clemency be a bad lynch? I think it would be an excellent lynch.
I have a feeling that clemency is just scum bait....idk...I feel there is actuall evidence to why XandrojX/black void is scum
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
She
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #835 (ISO) » Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:29 am

Post by CheekyTeeky »

In post 831, lucca261 wrote:UNVOTE: Northsidegal

i'll give some time so she can get in the game. still expecting that black void meaningless post, too, outside of D1.

the situation right now is: I'm okay with lynching clemency/voyager/cheeky, in that order. the recent developments made me question my townread on cheeky. how she acted in relation to Clemency wagon, clearly misdirecting to a policy lynch on xnadro slot, makes me question her slot. right now, I think voyager is either the most gullible person on the planet, newbtown desperate to survive or scum. i'm fine with him dying. actually, i'm fine with anyone dying. we need a flip right now, to advance the game. we're paused on a sea of replacements, and virtual resets on discussion. that's life, I guess.
Lol lucca you're getting lynched before me buddy ;)
BlackVoid
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #836 (ISO) » Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:49 am

Post by BlackVoid »

I don't think being okay with "anyone" being lynched helps at all. I'd rather no lynch than lynch someone I'm not scumreading because with an even number of players, we have to no lynch at some point anyways. Starting afresh with a new day will allow me to catchup and engage people and lynch with a more informed understanding of the game than rushing to lynch right now.

With that said, I'm actually going to try and catchup asap and see what I think. I keep not finding time to catchup and that sucks. Sorry about the delay.
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #837 (ISO) » Tue Oct 24, 2017 11:07 am

Post by northsidegal »

so basically i've been following along with this game as it happened and i've been pretty sure this is cheeky's scumgame for a while. looking through her iso there's a lot of focus on policy lynches, moreso than i think is typical for town. yes, the natural reaction after someone quickhammers your jailkeeper is to vote them the next day, but she kept pushing the wagon even through other players' attempts to focus elsewhere. furthermore, i think she's done a lot of discrediting and appeals to emotion that went mostly unnoticed.

Spoiler: policy pushing
In post 546, CheekyTeeky wrote:Hi Thor, welcome. UCV is a policy lynch. Please read the thread.
In post 556, CheekyTeeky wrote:Thor, look at 553. This has been his play the whole game. He is a nightmare to have as town and is a liability. All his points have been refuted but he keeps pushing a wagon on me and flip flops all over the place. He hammered Assemble with literally bs reasoning and then said he is too much of a noob to understand giving intent to hammer and he had zero reasoning apart from being frustrated that assemble hadn't said anything. I've already said I don't want him if we get to LYLO. Scum would love to have him at LYLO if he is town. He might as well be a mafia traitor with how pro-scum he's been acting.
i don't think cheeky's towngame is to push policy like this, i think she would do what thor did - analyze the situation to try to see if it really was a scum hammer or just ucv being ucv. also notice the language in 556 - she clearly doesn't even believe there's a chance ucv is scum. notice how she says "scum would love to have him" and "he might as well be a mafia traitor". not only does this show that she lacks conviction in the wagon that she herself is pushing, it could also be seen as slips of someone who knows ucv's alignment - why call him a mafia traitor when you can just call him mafia?

Spoiler: discrediting
In post 597, CheekyTeeky wrote:
In post 596, Thor665 wrote:
In post 587, CheekyTeeky wrote:
In post 586, Thor665 wrote:Going and looking, it very loosely is - but since you are apparently now totally cured of your angst and desire to be lynched, maybe you can talk about your opportunistic play with me now also.
What opportunistic play? Give me something specific to respond to.
I've already said some specifics, but I'll try to put them in one concise post to see if that causes a different response;

I'm calling you out for the way you attacked Voyager - who basically did *exactly* what you did with the exception of not getting a claim.
Then I asked you how that specifically was scummy.
To which you responded 'policy' meaning you understood it wasn't scummy yet were pushing it anyway because it was easy and looked townish without any effort.

Do you understand my issue with you now?
No?

D1 we were getting nowhere and I had provided my reads. I said I was willing to hammer Assemble but I didn't think he was scum. The "conf. town" said not to and suggested we look elsewhere which I was happy to do to get the game moving again so I withdrew intent and started pushing your slot.

In contrast UCV, who witnessed all of the above, just hammered. He effectively lolhammered with is a more than worthy PL offense which I tried to explain to him. The overall intention to hammer might be "exactly the same" but the context of the intent is completely different. I announced my intent to get a reaction, and I listened to obv. town and moved in a different direction. UCV didn't announce intent or take into consideration what town was trying to do at that point. His justification and indecisive stances D2 made him lynchbait. If I have to choose between him or any other town read, he will always look more scummy because of his behaviour, so if he is town or scum I wanted him flipped so we could move on while there is room for error with no kill N1. Now that the game is moving in a good scumhunting direction again I'm focussing on sorting other reads while we are happy to give UCV the benefit of the doubt.

It's frustrating trying to take you seriously when you won't do the work to read into this game. I shouldn't need to type a brief commentary of events you could see for yourself, had you been objective enough to do so.
In post 600, CheekyTeeky wrote:So what is your question? What new information were you expecting? You phrased my actions in a subjectively scummy light
so I framed it correctly for you

Lol I like how you say you agree as if that's what I said. I said what I said, there is no town reason to twist my words to fit your desired version of events. Don't get me wrong I'd still happily jump on UCV wagon, unfortunately a wagon requires more than 1 vote to go through. If we can nail scum I'm happy to settle for that instead D2.
i don't think cheeky really took thor's arguments seriously. note the bold in both posts - she doesn't talk to him like they disagree on something, she talks to him like thor is just objectively wrong, rather than talking to him like he has a differing opinion on something. she doesn't do a lot of trying to either convince him or trying to understand what thor is saying, from what i can tell. plus, all of these interactions are from when cheeky still townread plotnius' slot. it doesn't really fit my view of how she would interact with a fellow townie, especially when trying to convince someone of a lynch she was pushing for.

Spoiler: appeals to emotion
In post 559, CheekyTeeky wrote:
In post 554, Spartan117 wrote:
In post 551, CheekyTeeky wrote:
In post 547, Thor665 wrote:
In post 546, CheekyTeeky wrote:Hi Thor, welcome. UCV is a policy lynch. Please read the thread.
Oh, sweet, you're the third person to ask me to read - that will change my opinion :P

So your push is "policy" and only that?
Seems weak as a logic - are you just lazy bandwagoning scum?
I think you've just admitted that you're lazy bandwagoning scum.
Is this because of his vote on you?
In post 555, UC Voyager wrote:I thin CheekyTeeky feels more and more scummy...I mean, She Is still trying to lynch me, and now calls it a policy lynch, and when Thor disagrees even for a little, you get mad and call him scum!

No, it's because he won't read the thread...obviously. Actually can you all just vote me I'm getting sick of these two.
In post 561, CheekyTeeky wrote:Um but I'm not scum so you're still missing the point. Do me a favour and don't join any future games I'm in.
In post 564, CheekyTeeky wrote:
In post 563, Thor665 wrote:
In post 559, CheekyTeeky wrote:No, it's because he won't read the thread...obviously. Actually can you all just vote me I'm getting sick of these two.
Why would scum be less likely to read the game than town in your opinion?
I also find the appeal to emotion pretty lackluster here and not really believable. I don't think the game has suddenly become unbearable for your towny self just today.
If you read the thread, you'd see I'm pretty pissed off with both of them for all of Day 2. You coming in and rekindling it just makes me even more intolerant. I know you've done this on purpose as scum but I've stopped caring.
these are mostly self-explanatory. thor even pointed one or two of these out, and i agree with what he said - i don't really buy them.

VOTE: cheeky
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #838 (ISO) » Tue Oct 24, 2017 12:21 pm

Post by Thor665 »

This is better than warm pecan pie.
UC Voyager
UC Voyager
Mafia Scum
UC Voyager
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #839 (ISO) » Tue Oct 24, 2017 1:10 pm

Post by UC Voyager »

idk

i have considered the no lynch, but i also think it would let the scum get a kill......and that is it. i considered a cheekyteeky lynch earlier in the game, and there are some good reasons to, but I would prefer a XandrojX/BlackVoid lynch....i have all ready said this
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #840 (ISO) » Tue Oct 24, 2017 1:54 pm

Post by northsidegal »

not really sure what to think of a blackvoid lynch. reading through xnad's iso i can't really get a solid read on him. tonally, all these posts:
Spoiler:
In post 626, XnadrojX wrote:oh shit can I still play?

Sorry, I promise to be active from now on ;;
In post 627, XnadrojX wrote:OK the most of the wagon on me is ridiculous imo, I mean 1. Cheeky is unexplained, 2. Spartan was going off about some "wanting to protect Cheeky" and 3. UCV is self-preservative bandwagoning.

Honestly everyone townreading UCV really should reconsider because "newb" is a completely invalid defense versus the whole myriad of points that have been brought up VS him.

I don't think I can convince you guys to unlynch me since I have been doing a fair bit of lurking (I swear I don't normally play like this, I just happened to sign up and game started in a bad time for me) and I doubt I can cause most of you to 180 on me so when I get lynched, get UCV
please
, a couple of you brought up pretty valid points that I'm should
not
be explained under the guide of "newbie" because by that logic everyone in a newbie game is town.

Clemency scumread was mainly defense of UCV while still voting them, and I scumread both of them hence I'm leaving my vote on UCV. To elaborate, it sounded like scum low-key trying to get pressure off a teammate.

Also if I'm pushed to L-1 please announce intent first I don't want to be lolhammered before I'm ready to.
In post 628, XnadrojX wrote:If anyone is online please talk to me since I know you guys probs have a shitton of questions to me since I've not been online much.
In post 704, XnadrojX wrote:Voyager just there with their sneaky agreeing with everyone and continued shade throws at me.

Cheeky is town for obvious reasons, Clemency is scum cuz UCV/Clemency interactions, Clemency is scum too, Deimos is town because gamesolving.

Once I flip lynch UCV, they haven't said anything apart from "I think XnadrojX is scum" and agreeing with anything that helps him push anything that's not himself, as well as ignoring anything that doesn't help.
In post 705, XnadrojX wrote:Ok bye you can hammer me now.

believably sound like a townie about to get mislynched and convinced that scum is
right there
rather than scum desparately trying to talk themselves out of a situation. recently, though, i've been doubting my ability to read people based on tone, so i'm not really confident in anything. i'd say i'd probably be opposed to a void lynch, at least until void posts more and i can get a good read on the slot.
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #841 (ISO) » Tue Oct 24, 2017 2:20 pm

Post by northsidegal »

In post 694, CheekyTeeky wrote:
In post 682, Thor665 wrote:You've explained nothing other than "he changed his mind".
Is that really the extent of what makes it scum resistance?
It's about read progression. I liked his first post explaining everything and that it revolved around the no-kill. He then completely junks his first post effectively making it irrelevant without a thought progression to follow unless I've missed something. It's funny that him changing his mind is ok but me changing my mind is not, when I've provided more reason for doing so.
Arguing with you is like arguing with scum.
It's frustrating and futile because you're set and nothing I say is going to change your mind so I'm agreeing to disagree and we should just sort other people to stop wasting each other's time.
was just reading through the thread again, here's another potential slip / really strange thing to say to someone unless you're absolutely confident that they're town, even though cheeky says she scumreads thor just 3 posts later in .
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
She
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #842 (ISO) » Tue Oct 24, 2017 7:35 pm

Post by CheekyTeeky »

Ok please lynch me. NSG totally knows how to read me.
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
She
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #843 (ISO) » Tue Oct 24, 2017 7:38 pm

Post by CheekyTeeky »

Just make sure you lynch her on my flip ;)
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #844 (ISO) » Wed Oct 25, 2017 12:50 am

Post by Thor665 »

You say that and don't even vote this slot that can supposedly read you, so has to be lying scum right now?
Not buying these reactions.
You're busted.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #845 (ISO) » Wed Oct 25, 2017 12:51 am

Post by Thor665 »

At least your flip will give your partner some debate on whether Spartan dies tonight :lol:
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
She
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #846 (ISO) » Wed Oct 25, 2017 2:48 am

Post by CheekyTeeky »

Ok let's do that VOTE: NorthSideGal L-1.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #847 (ISO) » Wed Oct 25, 2017 2:51 am

Post by Thor665 »

Nice recovery :roll:
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #848 (ISO) » Wed Oct 25, 2017 2:51 am

Post by Thor665 »

If Cheeky isn't lynched then all of you need to buy reading glasses.
UC Voyager
UC Voyager
Mafia Scum
UC Voyager
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #849 (ISO) » Wed Oct 25, 2017 2:53 am

Post by UC Voyager »

L2 actually.

What I find very off is the fact you havnt even acknowledged the cases on you. And the fact that you try end the day faster when a case on you. Please tell me this was like a reaction post or something. Because if it wasnt, that was a very scummy post

Return to “Completed Newbie Games”