Apple Jack
Apple Jack
Mafia Scum
Apple Jack
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #700 (ISO) » Wed Nov 01, 2017 3:08 pm

Post by Apple Jack »

In post 695, northsidegal wrote:thor's claimed - that situation will resolve itself just by waiting, so there's no point in pushing there, at least today. if thor is scum fakeclaiming then either flips or a counterclaim will confirm that. if thor is telling the truth then time will tell that. ignoring reads completely, either way i see little reason to lynch there today.
Why not at least support me in getting Thor to better explain how he reached his conclusions?
I love MUFFINS!!!
Apple Jack
Apple Jack
Mafia Scum
Apple Jack
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #701 (ISO) » Wed Nov 01, 2017 3:10 pm

Post by Apple Jack »

In post 695, northsidegal wrote:that leaves four people: wilky, gameplay, quick and taiho. taiho i'm currently null on, and for wilky and quick i'd like to do a deeper rereading of the thread to solidify my reads. that leaves gameplay as the lynch that makes the most sense.
Like if you want to do these things. You shouldn’t be deciding on a lynch until you do them.

That’s the part that’s weird to me.
I love MUFFINS!!!
Apple Jack
Apple Jack
Mafia Scum
Apple Jack
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #702 (ISO) » Wed Nov 01, 2017 4:10 pm

Post by Apple Jack »

Lucky for everyone I guess. I’ll be in West Virginia at a conference and I’m told internet is shottty. Could be a couple of hours or 3/4 of a day without posts from me.
I love MUFFINS!!!
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #703 (ISO) » Wed Nov 01, 2017 4:51 pm

Post by northsidegal »

In post 700, Apple Jack wrote:
In post 695, northsidegal wrote:thor's claimed - that situation will resolve itself just by waiting, so there's no point in pushing there, at least today. if thor is scum fakeclaiming then either flips or a counterclaim will confirm that. if thor is telling the truth then time will tell that. ignoring reads completely, either way i see little reason to lynch there today.
Why not at least support me in getting Thor to better explain how he reached his conclusions?
what, reached the conclusion that he's the tracker? if you're talking about the whole vca exchange then i didn't have a huge problem following what he was saying.
In post 701, Apple Jack wrote:
In post 695, northsidegal wrote:that leaves four people: wilky, gameplay, quick and taiho. taiho i'm currently null on, and for wilky and quick i'd like to do a deeper rereading of the thread to solidify my reads. that leaves gameplay as the lynch that makes the most sense.
Like if you want to do these things. You shouldn’t be deciding on a lynch until you do them.

That’s the part that’s weird to me.
i thought that i should generate some content on my replace in, so suggesting a lynch seemed like a pretty easy way to do that and it was one that i was already happy with. when i get the chance i'm definitely going to reread the thread more, like i said.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #704 (ISO) » Thu Nov 02, 2017 12:49 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 691, Quick wrote:I never went back and forward on it. You will not finding me saying that I thought it was a slip.
I accept this as true - but it doesn't appear to invalidate Wilky's position - it doesn't make his position look like much of a slam dunk for calling you scum, but it also really doesn't make his position look like a lie either.
You did cast shade on part of TSQ's case and then later sheeped part of TSQ's case. That does look weird and is basically what he's calling out.
So why your beef with him and his stance?
In post 680, Apple Jack wrote:No you are the idiot cause I already explained how I went with the most obvious partner situation and explained how I got there.
I'm fine with that as a stance - doesn't change the fact that you then asking me to towncase someone was a total non-sequitur.
In post 680, Apple Jack wrote:So you think wilky/quick is scum. That’s what you have been pushing
I have never claimed them as a scum team. If I had then you would have a point, quote me saying so and I'll fulfill your silly request. I'll wait ;)
Straw man is presumptive and full of straw.
In post 680, Apple Jack wrote: 1. As an Ic that’s just terrible example
2. If you are town you are hurting town
3. If you are scum, it’s intentional and I’m not letting you off the hook.
1. You are the only player who seems to think I'm denying anything. Why do you think everyone else is able to follow me except you?
2. No, I am not. You voting provably the most likely town in the game is hurting town.
3. You're raging and derp.
In post 680, Apple Jack wrote:Answer me or stop interacting with me. I’m never voting with you or for anyone you want cause imo you are scum who’s predecessor fake claimed tracker.
I;ve challenged you to do the math which defeats this really dumb theory of yours.
You appear to lack the brains to do so.
It saddens me. Because I think you believe you're very clever, but if you're not clever enough to work out this situation you're going to have issues in all your games by letting your feels dictate your play blindly.
Don't be blind.

@Nothsidegal - why have you read enough to have two clears and three scumreads but yet not enough to clarify two of the potential scumreads in your head.
That sounds really unlikely.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #705 (ISO) » Thu Nov 02, 2017 12:50 am

Post by Thor665 »

@Derp - I'll also note that you never explained how you cleared Northsidegal's slot.
Because your case and logic is pure derp.
Quick
Quick
Jack of All Trades
Quick
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #706 (ISO) » Thu Nov 02, 2017 1:44 am

Post by Quick »

In post 704, Thor665 wrote:
In post 691, Quick wrote:I never went back and forward on it. You will not finding me saying that I thought it was a slip.
I accept this as true - but it doesn't appear to invalidate Wilky's position - it doesn't make his position look like much of a slam dunk for calling you scum, but it also really doesn't make his position look like a lie either.
You did cast shade on part of TSQ's case and then later sheeped part of TSQ's case. That does look weird and is basically what he's calling out.
Its not like I am angry at him for having the stance he has. I just think its a bit dishonest to say that I held the position that it was a Slip, which is what he is arguing IIRC. It looks like his case is that I was being a hypocrite and having an inconsistent narrative when I wasn't. So if I have any "beef" with him, its that he is saying I was doing something that I definitely wasn't doing.
https://youtu.be/LRkYiRnRzY0

Wakie, wakie. Eggs and Bacie.
Apple Jack
Apple Jack
Mafia Scum
Apple Jack
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #707 (ISO) » Thu Nov 02, 2017 2:01 am

Post by Apple Jack »

In post 704, Thor665 wrote:I have never claimed them as a scum team. If I had then you would have a point, quote me saying so and I'll fulfill your silly request. I'll wait
Save the samantics because I never said that you thought they were a scummteam. I did say you thought they were scum. You did admit you are pushing both of these people as as scum. See below.
In post 569, Thor665 wrote:
In post 560, Derpy Hooves wrote:
I don’t like quick. He rubs me the wrong way and I don’t feel comfortable saying he’s town. I’m now figuring out what tsq was trying to do.
He tried to save wilky and wanted to lynch quick. You are doing the opposite.

I don’t put bussing past you.
I'm actually advocating a lynch on both of those slots
This confirms you scum read both because pushing on both of them means you think they are possible scum. So I’ll now expect you fulfill my “silly request”.

Amy refusal to do it now is a scum claim.

Check mate bitch
I love MUFFINS!!!
Apple Jack
Apple Jack
Mafia Scum
Apple Jack
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #708 (ISO) » Thu Nov 02, 2017 2:03 am

Post by Apple Jack »

In post 705, Thor665 wrote:Derp - I'll also note that you never explained how you cleared Northsidegal's slot.
I actually did explain how I cleared everyone but you/wilky. More than once even. But nice try.
I love MUFFINS!!!
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #709 (ISO) » Thu Nov 02, 2017 6:10 am

Post by northsidegal »

In post 704, Thor665 wrote:@Nothsidegal - why have you read enough to have two clears and three scumreads but yet not enough to clarify two of the potential scumreads in your head.
That sounds really unlikely.
one of the clears is on someone whose interactions have been literally impossible to ignore for anyone reading the game. they stick out in my mind so much becuase they're so prominent. the other clear is mechanical - like i said, it will resolve itself, so there's not really a lot of thought or reading necessary. the third clear is me. one of the scumreads is on a player whose playstyle jumps out to me as scummy. i hadn't analyzed the other players in that much depth because i wasn't even in the game previously, and nothing they did or said was prominent enough as townie or scummy for me to truly form a solid opinion on them. do you think i'm lying about how much i've read or my opinion on each player?
wilky
wilky
Mafia Scum
wilky
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #710 (ISO) » Thu Nov 02, 2017 6:36 am

Post by wilky »

In post 706, Quick wrote:
In post 704, Thor665 wrote:
Its not like I am angry at him for having the stance he has. I just think its a bit dishonest to say that I held the position that it was a Slip, which is what he is arguing IIRC. It looks like his case is that I was being a hypocrite and having an inconsistent narrative when I wasn't. So if I have any "beef" with him, its that he is saying I was doing something that I definitely wasn't doing.

You literally put a vote on UCV whilst saying it was partly due to what TSQ had said. That has been my argument, you dismissed what he said, voted because of what he said, then voted for him at the beginning of D2 because of what he said.
wilky
wilky
Mafia Scum
wilky
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #711 (ISO) » Thu Nov 02, 2017 6:39 am

Post by wilky »

In post 695, northsidegal wrote:i lost this post while typing it the first time so apologies if my wording is less than up to my usual standard!
In post 689, wilky wrote: See whilst I agree with what you have said here gameplay is the first real person to throw shade at your slot and your first post on the thread was to push a gameplay lynch.
i'm not really afraid of gameplay pushing me - i don't really trust on his ability to organize a lynch on my slot anyways (no offense!). besides, if i was reading the thread correctly, wasn't it
you
who gameplay had as the primary lynch for today?

Yes he is pushing for my lynch, does that mean I should now sheep you on him to stop him from being able to push my lynch? When posting his reads he has you in the same boat as me though in that your slot can die.
Apple Jack
Apple Jack
Mafia Scum
Apple Jack
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #712 (ISO) » Thu Nov 02, 2017 6:40 am

Post by Apple Jack »

In post 710, wilky wrote:You literally put a vote on UCV whilst saying it was partly due to what TSQ had said. That has been my argument, you dismissed what he said, voted because of what he said, then voted for him at the beginning of D2 because of what he said.
Reading this post, wilky is right about that. Quick can’t deny that. It may not have been what he meant but that’s definitely what he posted.
I love MUFFINS!!!
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #713 (ISO) » Thu Nov 02, 2017 10:48 am

Post by northsidegal »

In post 711, wilky wrote:
In post 695, northsidegal wrote:i lost this post while typing it the first time so apologies if my wording is less than up to my usual standard!
In post 689, wilky wrote: See whilst I agree with what you have said here gameplay is the first real person to throw shade at your slot and your first post on the thread was to push a gameplay lynch.
i'm not really afraid of gameplay pushing me - i don't really trust on his ability to organize a lynch on my slot anyways (no offense!). besides, if i was reading the thread correctly, wasn't it
you
who gameplay had as the primary lynch for today?

Yes he is pushing for my lynch, does that mean I should now sheep you on him to stop him from being able to push my lynch? When posting his reads he has you in the same boat as me though in that your slot can die.
you should sheep me for other reasons, but the point i'm trying to make is that your accusation or implied accusation doesn't really hold a lot of weight. my vote on gameplay didn't come from me being scared of him suspecting me, especially given that: i didn't seem to be in any real danger of being lynched anyways and i wasn't even his primary suspect. with that in mind i think the idea of a "scum reversal" or a "scum deflection" doesn't really make any sense.
Apple Jack
Apple Jack
Mafia Scum
Apple Jack
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #714 (ISO) » Thu Nov 02, 2017 12:29 pm

Post by Apple Jack »

Taiho and game need to start playing
I love MUFFINS!!!
mhsmith0
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
Balancing Act

Post Post #715 (ISO) » Thu Nov 02, 2017 12:33 pm

Post by mhsmith0 »

taiho has not responded to prod and will be replaced
Show
http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Mhsmith0
Conq: you, sir, are great at being town.
BATMAN: Only jugg was the only one we didn’t scum read at least not me
Quick: There is little to no chance this slot is Power-Wolfing.
SR: I want to give him a day
Life is simply unfair, don't you think?
mhsmith0
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
Balancing Act

Post Post #716 (ISO) » Thu Nov 02, 2017 12:34 pm

Post by mhsmith0 »

vc

Votecount 2.08Image

Quick (1)
wilky (1)
northsidegal (1)
gameplay506 (2)

Thor665 (1)
Not Voting (1)

Day two deadline is Saturday November 4, 7 PM PST. (expired on 2017-11-04 19:00:00)

With 7 alive it takes 4 to lynch!
[/size]
Last edited by mhsmith0 on Thu Nov 02, 2017 12:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Show
http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Mhsmith0
Conq: you, sir, are great at being town.
BATMAN: Only jugg was the only one we didn’t scum read at least not me
Quick: There is little to no chance this slot is Power-Wolfing.
SR: I want to give him a day
Life is simply unfair, don't you think?
Apple Jack
Apple Jack
Mafia Scum
Apple Jack
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #717 (ISO) » Thu Nov 02, 2017 12:37 pm

Post by Apple Jack »

VOTE: game
I love MUFFINS!!!
taiho
taiho
Goon
taiho
Goon
Goon

Post Post #718 (ISO) » Thu Nov 02, 2017 6:39 pm

Post by taiho »

In post 715, mhsmith0 wrote:taiho has not responded to prod and will be replaced
mod... you had not sent me such.
taiho
taiho
Goon
taiho
Goon
Goon

Post Post #719 (ISO) » Thu Nov 02, 2017 8:12 pm

Post by taiho »

Well, ik you all live in a dif time zone than me, i'll use this time to look into players' iso. Though i did read all posts up to this point.
Going by memory..

Derpy is town, imo, that has not changed.
Thor is mechanically cleared due to no cc.
This is better left for tomorrow, as night actions will speak for themselves.
Both derpy and thor lost a lot of time arguing with each others.
Quick - i don't like the way he voted derpy today, same with him voting shea on the start of d2; -.- you don't vote someone while agreeing with voting along with that someone the previous day smh.
Gameplay - had not done much, while his posts are not little in quantity. He was the one who defended ucv about the scum slip, and the fishy activity. It may aswell have been scum whiteknighting town so he have a reason to attack ucv's attackers. The problem is hes at l-1 now and i can't see who might be his partner? Simply because he's not being defended. [...]
Quick
Quick
Jack of All Trades
Quick
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #720 (ISO) » Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:22 pm

Post by Quick »

In post 718, taiho wrote:
In post 715, mhsmith0 wrote:taiho has not responded to prod and will be replaced
mod... you had not sent me such.
Were you like waiting to get prodded or something?
https://youtu.be/LRkYiRnRzY0

Wakie, wakie. Eggs and Bacie.
gameplay506
gameplay506
Jack of All Trades
gameplay506
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #721 (ISO) » Thu Nov 02, 2017 10:45 pm

Post by gameplay506 »

In post 719, taiho wrote:He was the one who defended ucv about the scum slip, and the fishy activity.
I was the one who actually led the wagon, never did I defend UC.
I just said the slip was an idiotic argument because it was.
Anyway im just too lazy and have no interest whatsoever. This day went on for too long and has been so unproductive/uninteresting
gameplay506
gameplay506
Jack of All Trades
gameplay506
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #722 (ISO) » Thu Nov 02, 2017 10:57 pm

Post by gameplay506 »

In post 677, Thor665 wrote:What do you like about Taiho?

Also, looks like only one of Cs and Quick can be scum.
I'd like to see how Quick fields this question about Wilky lying - after that I'm probably willing to help you lynch one of those two slots unless you can make a cogent argument for why Wilky is more likely.
Taiho's sanity makes me think town. I mean Derp has been fighting the ic claimed slot for 10 pages now, quick is voting/unvoting, sheeping like a madman, wilky has been keeping a low profile, commenting in things that just help in no way, ic(or at least tsq) played like shit and cs did that hammer. Taiho on the other has played relatively well and has provided good arguments in his posts.

And about quick and wilky - wilky has been on my radar since day 1 and that's why I'd prefer him over quick. Quick day 1 wasn't as bad as his d2 while wilky has stayed the same both days.
gameplay506
gameplay506
Jack of All Trades
gameplay506
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #723 (ISO) » Thu Nov 02, 2017 11:14 pm

Post by gameplay506 »

In post 687, northsidegal wrote:pressuring lurkers (494) , asking why people haven't voted (379), stating the obvious (445, 495, 533), etc.
Idk half the player list is guilty of those :roll:
Uh-huh
That was a sweet PoE
Idk guys i have tentative reads on 4 slots, 1 is null, the two scummiest players I am not gonna read today so lets settle for the final one because of reasoning provided by tsq on day 1 regarding RVS ( because post is about RVS)
Hard not to discredit that one
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #724 (ISO) » Fri Nov 03, 2017 4:36 am

Post by Thor665 »

Derpy put Game at L-1

In post 706, Quick wrote:Its not like I am angry at him for having the stance he has. I just think its a bit dishonest to say that I held the position that it was a Slip, which is what he is arguing IIRC. It looks like his case is that I was being a hypocrite and having an inconsistent narrative when I wasn't. So if I have any "beef" with him, its that he is saying I was doing something that I definitely wasn't doing.
Eh.
He has a point that there is some hypocrisy in your stance.
Would I push it as hard as he is? No.
Would I defend/attack it the way you're doing? No.
His core point makes logical sense to have beef with.
In post 707, Apple Jack wrote:Save the samantics because I never said that you thought they were a scummteam. I did say you thought they were scum. You did admit you are pushing both of these people as as scum. See below.
The semantics are important.
If I'm not calling them a scumteam it means I can have more than two scum reads.
Therefore asking for my case clearing someone else is stupid.

Check and mate derp?
In post 708, Apple Jack wrote:
In post 705, Thor665 wrote:Derp - I'll also note that you never explained how you cleared Northsidegal's slot.
I actually did explain how I cleared everyone but you/wilky. More than once even. But nice try.
Your clear of the northsidegirl slot is that Wilky can only be scum with Thor.
Your reason why Wilky can only be scum with Thor is that everyone else attacked Wilky.
When I noted that the northsidegirl slot hadn't - you responded with;
Your clear of the northsidegirl slot is that Wilky can only be scum with Thor.
ad infinitum.

It's bad logic.
It's actually practically the definition of how circular logic works.
And you're pissy I'm questioning it?
In post 709, northsidegal wrote:do you think i'm lying about how much i've read or my opinion on each player?
If you're scum - then by definition you're lying.
If town - probably not.
I'm asking questions to try to figure out which I feel more.
You're selling me decently well, though Quick's "ehhhhh" answers are helping your case.

Vote: Quick

I also know this is odd due to him being Quick's choice du jour - but I don't hate the Gamer wagon either. I probably won't vote it due to my current reads, but I would advocate people consolidating on Quick or Gamer.

@Mod - considering we're going to have a bit of confusion about Tahio due to is she/isn't she till next you post, and also considering half the game hasn't really started posting till the last 24 hours or so (while mocking Derp for 'wasting' time talking to the only other slot even doing anything...) could we get a deadline extension? I would not want a big one, 24 hours would be my preference, and anything over 48 please put me down as a vote against. But this town could do with the time.

In other news, I would advocate we get someone to a hammer intent/claim within, say, the next 24 hours.

Return to “Completed Newbie Games”