Mini Normal 1964 - Hell Is 56k Dialup - Endgame!

Keychain
Keychain
she/her
Mafia Scum
Keychain
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:26 pm

Post by Keychain »

I'm still liking it :]

In post 96, cytheflyguy wrote: Okay so:

A) You misquoted me. I said "If we're going by this logic, I think this would be a good place to start." Keywords: "If we're going by this logic". I thought other people would be going by this logic and decided to take a stab at it.
Yeah, my apologies, I should have put a disclaimer that it was my takeaway from the post, not a direct quote.
Can you explain what that logic was? Because from my POV it looks like you were assuming Transcend had a higher-than-random chance of rolling scum. I find that difficult to believe you accepted this premise, even more so that you would expect other people to do so, so please help me understand.

In post 96, cytheflyguy wrote: B) So because half of the people appeared before Transcend, I should have grasped at straws with them first? I went with a small thing that I could just look at -- not even actually scumreading him. And I addressed some of the faulty logic, it's not like I followed it blindly.
See above regarding why I find it difficult to understand how you followed
any
of the logic.
But no. I mean... you started a game. Players were posting things. Players with alignments. Instead of looking at their posts to work out if they were scum or not, you instead decided to inquire into the meta of a player who hadn't even posted, so you had zero way to develop a read from that at that point. I would have expected it to give you some sort of opinion on UCV, but I see no evidence of that so far.

In post 96, cytheflyguy wrote: C) What type of information? Like his previous games? How do I access that -- legit question. That'd be useful information down the road.
Yeah that was a legit question. When I'm doing background research I check wikis first (next to the PM button at the bottom left of each post) then the topic search Katyusha linked (go to profile of the player, bottom right of that). But you said you trying to get the game rolling, not that you were setting up for well down the track. Those are different things to me.

On another note: why are you voting Firaja?
You're under no obligation to be the same person you were 5 minutes ago.
Zachstralkita
Zachstralkita
Jack of All Trades
Zachstralkita
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:33 pm

Post by Zachstralkita »

In post 88, Keychain wrote:
Zachstralkita wrote:Is there anything else that particularly strikes you to comment on atm

I would
Like to know
Yup. I don't understand Katyusha's scumread on Firaja because she's given no reason for it apart from disagreeing with him, and it looks like she mixed up Jodaxq and Firaja in or else I just didn't understand that last comment at all. Also schadd's posts are works of art but I don't know what I think about them alignment wise yet.

Were you asking after something in particular?
Ya it feels like to me first impression; you spent your time expanding on a cy scumread that wasnt that great to begin with :////

Im aware Im townreading him for a reason you might not be looking at but
Well, it's actually a reason that you've acknowledged in 83
Post 68 from Katyusha is a good point but apparently it's not enough to impact your read on cy in any noticable way?
It's sort of pinging me.
Zachstralkita
Zachstralkita
Jack of All Trades
Zachstralkita
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:37 pm

Post by Zachstralkita »

In post 13, cytheflyguy wrote:Wow it's been almost a year and a half since my last game here. How's everyone doin'?
I didnt vote him initially cause his content and approach makes perfect sense given this statement imo
Jodaxq
Jodaxq
Goon
Jodaxq
Goon
Goon

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:08 pm

Post by Jodaxq »

In post 83, Keychain wrote:
@Jodaxq: why no vote?
I found his posts to be a little strange, but there's not enough for me to cast a non-RVS vote for him.
Jodaxq
Jodaxq
Goon
Jodaxq
Goon
Goon

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:16 pm

Post by Jodaxq »

I'm not completely sure what to think about the point in post 68, Katyusha"]. Someone may be out of practice, but why does that make it to where they could think someone could have a greater than random chance of rolling scum?
Jodaxq
Jodaxq
Goon
Jodaxq
Goon
Goon

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:18 pm

Post by Jodaxq »

In post 75, UC Voyager wrote:
In post 70, wavemode wrote:Is every single player in this game an alt
i am not an alt
I don't like how this has been UCV's only post since his interaction with cy.
KidAmn
KidAmn
Mafia Scum
KidAmn
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:39 pm

Post by KidAmn »

Vote Count One, Or "I Can't Believe No-one Commented On" Flogging Of One Of Your Member""

Firaja (3): Schadd, Katyusha, cytheflyguy
Transcend (2): UC Voyager, Everyone Else
Schadd (2): Havo, Zachstralkita
Keychain (1): wavemode
Cytheflyguy (1): Keychain
Everyone Else (1): Firaja

Not Voting (3): Dunnstral, Jodaxq, Transcend

Day 1 Will End With Harmonious Concordance Resulting In The Slaughter Of Someone You Thought You Could Trust, Or In (expired on 2017-11-28 21:00:00)

With Thirteen Alive, Seven Votes Are Required To Lynch.
cytheflyguy
cytheflyguy
Goon
cytheflyguy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:42 pm

Post by cytheflyguy »

Imma have to dip most of tomorrow because I have shit to take care of with school.
In post 97, Katyusha wrote:cy this might help

for anyone else u can do the same by clicking their username, viewing their topics, and then going thru all the games in the list
Omg thanks! I wasn't big on meta reading when I first played this game, so I never searched anyone.
In post 98, Keychain wrote:
PEdit:
@cy: huh okay. Give me a bit and I'll get to that, but in the meantime I'm interested - do you think I'm scum?
No. You're coming from a genuine town perspective. I don't think it's too solid of a scum read, but you've defended your point the same way each time, making it more solid imo. I'll address the other voting thing at the end of my second response.
In post 100, Keychain wrote:I'm still liking it :]

In post 96, cytheflyguy wrote: Okay so:

A) You misquoted me. I said "If we're going by this logic, I think this would be a good place to start." Keywords: "If we're going by this logic". I thought other people would be going by this logic and decided to take a stab at it.
Yeah, my apologies, I should have put a disclaimer that it was my takeaway from the post, not a direct quote.
Can you explain what that logic was? Because from my POV it looks like you were assuming Transcend had a higher-than-random chance of rolling scum. I find that difficult to believe you accepted this premise, even more so that you would expect other people to do so, so please help me understand.

In post 96, cytheflyguy wrote: B) So because half of the people appeared before Transcend, I should have grasped at straws with them first? I went with a small thing that I could just look at -- not even actually scumreading him. And I addressed some of the faulty logic, it's not like I followed it blindly.
See above regarding why I find it difficult to understand how you followed
any
of the logic.
But no. I mean... you started a game. Players were posting things. Players with alignments. Instead of looking at their posts to work out if they were scum or not, you instead decided to inquire into the meta of a player who hadn't even posted, so you had zero way to develop a read from that at that point. I would have expected it to give you some sort of opinion on UCV, but I see no evidence of that so far.

In post 96, cytheflyguy wrote: C) What type of information? Like his previous games? How do I access that -- legit question. That'd be useful information down the road.
Yeah that was a legit question. When I'm doing background research I check wikis first (next to the PM button at the bottom left of each post) then the topic search Katyusha linked (go to profile of the player, bottom right of that). But you said you trying to get the game rolling, not that you were setting up for well down the track. Those are different things to me.

On another note: why are you voting Firaja?
A) My train of thought was not, "If I can trust this person, and Transcend has a higher than normal chance of being scum, then he should be prodded because he is more than likely scum in this game."

It was, "If I can trust this person, and Transcend has a higher than normal chance of being scum, he would probably have a higher chance of not playing because he is scum and does not want to play the same role once again, as he was the only person to not confirm." The reason I fell for the joke was because the statistics relied on behavior, especially the part about if someone replaced him. It's flimsy logic, yeah, but if you read my posts, I did not 100% agree with UC, I was just talking statistics so I could anticipate behavior.

B) I'm not going to pull the rookie card, but I will say that I felt it was easier to grasp at the first thing I saw and go from there rather than trying to read other's initial posts because I'm still a little baffled on the proper way of doing so :? I hope you can have a better understanding of what my logic was at least.

C) Thank you for your explanation. Also, when I said down the road, I meant for future circumstances when the situation arises for me to meta read someone. Saying "down the road" in this case can also apply to something I wish I had known but didn't. It's still useful in the future, but it also could have been useful in the past, when I was trying to get the ball rolling.

Regarding the other note of why I'm voting Firaja: While your arguments were based around
that was faulty logic and you meta read a person not in the game when you should have focused on the players at hand and you're doing a poor job of explaining yourself
, his argument is
In post 37, Firaja wrote: If anyhing i'd say cytheflyguy looks a little worse from it simply because his couple of comments on it is what made it into more of a thing and started the conversation on it. But as i said before because it's early on it is probably nothing, just something I'm keeping in mind for now.
Keywords: "made it into more of a thing and started the conversation on it." I fail to see how this is a logical argument.
In post 42, Firaja wrote:Right, however using something out of seemingly nothing is a little sketchy to me. Trying to take something seemingly irrelevant and potwbtially turn it into something else is what is runbing me the wrong way here as it may be a potential to cause misdirection.
Again this is all a bit of a reach as it is a bit early, but i do see your point as well of cy trying to find substance and add to the discussion.
Once again, he refuses to specify any points. At all. The difference between you and him is the fact that you use sources, you recall specific instances, and you fleshout your thoughts. Even in your first few points about the situation, you came across way more town they he did. That's why I townread you and scumread him.

Hope that helped!
cytheflyguy
cytheflyguy
Goon
cytheflyguy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:49 pm

Post by cytheflyguy »

Also I should mention I will admit that although I do understand how probability works, I have played several games with friends where I have gotten the same roll over and over, so I didn't see it too far out of the realm of possibility. Again, that was just the tip of my reason to prod transcend.
Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:52 pm

Post by Transcend »

Guys no novels plz
Keychain
Keychain
she/her
Mafia Scum
Keychain
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:12 pm

Post by Keychain »

Reading's good for you but I'll try be concise.

@
:]
UNVOTE:

Not sure how I feel about the flip to being super agreeable or the townread on me, but I particularly liked point A and the explanation of the Firaja vote.

@
I definitely roll scum more than my fair share, but it still doesn't have any bearing on my alignment in any one game.

In post 101, Zachstralkita wrote:
In post 88, Keychain wrote:
Zachstralkita wrote:Is there anything else that particularly strikes you to comment on atm

I would
Like to know
Yup. I don't understand Katyusha's scumread on Firaja because she's given no reason for it apart from disagreeing with him, and it looks like she mixed up Jodaxq and Firaja in or else I just didn't understand that last comment at all. Also schadd's posts are works of art but I don't know what I think about them alignment wise yet.

Were you asking after something in particular?
Ya it feels like to me first impression; you spent your time expanding on a cy scumread that wasnt that great to begin with :////

Im aware Im townreading him for a reason you might not be looking at but
Well, it's actually a reason that you've acknowledged in 83
Post 68 from Katyusha is a good point but apparently it's not enough to impact your read on cy in any noticable way?
It's sort of pinging me.
I had my reply to this on hold until cy responded, and now he has.

It
was
a good point and it did lessen my scumread on him, but you didn't see it. I do know I was pushing harder than the strength of my scumread actually warranted, because I'm just not that great at getting reads without interrogating people a bit and it has other advantages worth coming across a bit overeager.

KidAmn wrote:
Vote Count One, Or "I Can't Believe No-one Commented On" Flogging Of One Of Your Member""
It's the high speed internet at stake here! I see we've upgraded to slaughtering now.
You're under no obligation to be the same person you were 5 minutes ago.
Everyone Else
Everyone Else
Goon
Everyone Else
Goon
Goon

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Wed Nov 15, 2017 2:07 am

Post by Everyone Else »

In post 109, Transcend wrote:Guys no novels plz
bad doggy
Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Wed Nov 15, 2017 2:14 am

Post by Transcend »

whimper
Katyusha
Katyusha
Mafia Scum
Katyusha
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Wed Nov 15, 2017 2:16 am

Post by Katyusha »

trans is this going to be one of those games where you're town and i hate it
Everyone Else
Everyone Else
Goon
Everyone Else
Goon
Goon

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Wed Nov 15, 2017 2:18 am

Post by Everyone Else »

In post 113, Katyusha wrote:trans is this going to be one of those games where you're town and i hate it
why would you hate that trans is town? is it because he's good at busting you when you're scum? :O
Katyusha
Katyusha
Mafia Scum
Katyusha
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Wed Nov 15, 2017 2:20 am

Post by Katyusha »

it's not that i hate he's town i hate when he's town and Like This™

i dont really know how else to articulate it lmao....

also tbh i have little faith in most people being able to consistently read my alignment except when im obvious town so...
Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Wed Nov 15, 2017 2:22 am

Post by Transcend »

are you....
Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Wed Nov 15, 2017 2:22 am

Post by Transcend »

are you who i think you are...
Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Wed Nov 15, 2017 2:23 am

Post by Transcend »

i'm starting to really think you might be....
Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Wed Nov 15, 2017 2:24 am

Post by Transcend »

i heard some ~things~ though so i won't out your identity
Everyone Else
Everyone Else
Goon
Everyone Else
Goon
Goon

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Wed Nov 15, 2017 2:24 am

Post by Everyone Else »

In post 118, Transcend wrote:i'm starting to really think you might be....
who's who?
Katyusha
Katyusha
Mafia Scum
Katyusha
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Wed Nov 15, 2017 2:25 am

Post by Katyusha »

In post 118, Transcend wrote:i'm starting to really think you might be....
Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Wed Nov 15, 2017 2:26 am

Post by Transcend »

your first is a pretty big giveaway tho
Katyusha
Katyusha
Mafia Scum
Katyusha
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Wed Nov 15, 2017 2:27 am

Post by Katyusha »

i mean

there are a lot of things about this account in general that are huge giveaways but here we are
Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Wed Nov 15, 2017 2:30 am

Post by Transcend »

first post*

pedit: true

also hi

we should chairman doggo it up sometime soon