humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #275 (ISO) » Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:51 pm

Post by humaneatingmonkey »

In post 271, Chip Butty wrote:
In post 253, humaneatingmonkey wrote:im partly joking but that's what i observed from the game skitter, chip butty, sergtacos, and i played.
Eh, not sure about that. Toranaga was walling with great frequency and he somehow ended up being town.
Yeah but before he did walls he was multi-posting like fuck and there was great authenticity in his posting.

Can't say the same about our guy here.
TwoInAMillion
TwoInAMillion
Mafia Scum
TwoInAMillion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #276 (ISO) » Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:51 pm

Post by TwoInAMillion »

Heading out to taco bell, I'll be out for awhile.
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #277 (ISO) » Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:51 pm

In post 274, TwoInAMillion wrote:
In post 272, skitter30 wrote:Above, it sounds like you were accusing him of trying to set-up mislynches.
*sigh* My point was that that is what could happen if he followed through with his line of logic.
OH WOW. Yeah. Of course that's what I'm about to do. Of course I'm about to jump into saying that the owner of the most long post should be lynched! Of course that's gonna convinced everyone to lynch that person.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #278 (ISO) » Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:53 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 274, TwoInAMillion wrote:
In post 272, skitter30 wrote:Above, it sounds like you were accusing him of trying to set-up mislynches.
*sigh* My point was that that is what could happen if he followed through with his line of logic.
No one here is ever going to let him lynch anyone based on word-count. It's such a bizarre thing to suggest that it looks like you're trying to throw any old accusation at him to see what might stick so that it looks like you're thinking about the game when you're actually not.
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #279 (ISO) » Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:56 pm

I'd vote 2inamil but I want a confrontation with Wicked.
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #280 (ISO) » Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:57 pm

Post by skitter30 »

I don't get your scumread on wicked.
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #281 (ISO) » Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:05 pm

Me too, really. I just read his ISO again and it checks out. He looks like he is probably town. I guess it was this:
In post 106, Wickedestjr wrote:
In post 37, Wossi wrote:Town claiming scum is lying and should be lynched
No thanks.
In post 39, Wossi wrote:Also I don't believe in jokes
What does this mean?
In post 69, Flubbernugget wrote:Hey guys, for the sake of town's best interest, I just want to he upfront about the fact that my favorite color is red :)
Thank you for your honesty. :wink:
In post 104, humaneatingmonkey wrote:Will Flubber get to L-1? That is the question.
What happens if he gets to L-1?
That thank you for your honesty felt like it couldn't come from town, considering that the other answers to each quote were characteristically inquisitive. He should have reacted to that with suspicion.

Then maybe I got bored of reading further so I just declared scum.
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #282 (ISO) » Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:10 pm

Would have wanted for him to react on that tho should have lurked instead

VOTE: TwoInAMillion
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #283 (ISO) » Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:16 pm

Actually, Wicked made a fair assessment that 2InAMil has been consistently missing his shots today. I guess if there's a day chat, he wouldn't? Maybe he could have been more coordinated and competent-looking? So maybe he isn't scum here?

UNVOTE:

I'm really sorry for vote flailing lmao give me some time
Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #284 (ISO) » Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:22 pm

Post by Wickedestjr »

Okay I'm here.
In post 279, humaneatingmonkey wrote:I'd vote 2inamil but I want a confrontation with Wicked.
A confrontation?

Spoiler: My reaction
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take. -Wayne Gretzky"
-Wickedestjr
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #285 (ISO) » Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:25 pm

Wicked, what do you think about 2inamil's flip floppity flop? Town or uncooperative scum?
Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #286 (ISO) » Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:35 pm

Post by Wickedestjr »

Are you talking about his posts on page 11 about the word count thing? I actually didn't realize you were joking at first, so I had the same thought as him at first. I see where he is coming from even though I don't agree with his persistence after you made it clear that you were joking.

I'm leaning towards town reading him.
-Wickedestjr
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #287 (ISO) » Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:38 pm

In post 253, humaneatingmonkey wrote:im partly joking but that's what i observed from the game skitter, chip butty, sergtacos, and i played.
In post 254, TwoInAMillion wrote:So you're making a general observation about mafia in general from observing one game? You don't think that maybe the one game could have been an outlier?

FOS: HEM
Actually, he pushed only after I said I was kidding.

He seems like a clumsy scum who doesn't cooperate in what they say in day chat or a clumsy town.
Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #288 (ISO) » Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:51 pm

Post by Wickedestjr »

I still understand where he's coming from even though I think he started grasping at straws there.

On the other hand, I'm really struggling to understand his Sephiroth vote.
-Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #289 (ISO) » Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:53 pm

Post by Wickedestjr »

or his willingness to hammer Wossi.
-Wickedestjr
Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #290 (ISO) » Thu Nov 16, 2017 4:20 pm

Post by Flubbernugget »

Humanmonkey is really long winded yet his reads are just gut
Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #291 (ISO) » Thu Nov 16, 2017 4:21 pm

Post by Wickedestjr »

In post 242, humaneatingmonkey wrote:Oh my god, Flubb is town
You sound pretty confident about this. Correct me if I'm wrong, but it doesn't look like you've ever played with him before though. What posts are making you so sure of this read?
In post 281, humaneatingmonkey wrote:That thank you for your honesty felt like it couldn't come from town, considering that the other answers to each quote were characteristically inquisitive. He should have reacted to that with suspicion.
I thought Flubber's favorite color post was funny. Why should I have reacted to it with suspicion?
In post 283, humaneatingmonkey wrote:Actually, Wicked made a fair assessment that 2InAMil has been consistently missing his shots today. I guess if there's a day chat, he wouldn't? Maybe he could have been more coordinated and competent-looking? So maybe he isn't scum here?
I'm not sure what your experience with scum day chat has been, but I don't think I've ever seen partners check things with each other before posting. Two has been active but seems pretty un-invested in this game as it is, so I seriously doubt he would go to the trouble of running these things by his team mates if he's scum. In general, I don't think well-curated posts are scum tells. Personally, I proofread my posts multiple times before hitting submit because I'm OCD-ish, not because I'm afraid of what people will think of me.
-Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #292 (ISO) » Thu Nov 16, 2017 4:24 pm

Post by Wickedestjr »

Hey Flubber, I don't think you answered this:
In post 214, iDanyboy wrote:
In post 186, Flubbernugget wrote:When I first played with wavemode, I dismissed them as stupid town. They were scum. From skimming the others' posts about him, it sounds like he's playing the "stupid town" card again. I will confirm this with my own eyes on catch up.
Was this true because wavemode you got the wrong person.
-Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #293 (ISO) » Thu Nov 16, 2017 4:40 pm

Post by Wickedestjr »

In post 202, Sephiroth wrote:Man is it just me or do both wagons feel exactly like early D1 wagons that stuck around too long? I don't think anyone has given a convincing reason to lynch either wossi or flub.
This seems like an unusual criticism. It seems pretty clear that Wossi hasn't defended himself at all. Why should the bandwagon disappear when he hasn't done anything to explain his actions?
In post 233, TwoInAMillion wrote:I don't like how much time Wossi is taking to fakeclaim, I am willing to hammer if needed.
This seems like a very ignorant thing to say, considering;
1. Multiple people told Wossi not to claim and that they weren't ready for him to get lynched right this second.
2. Wossi made it explicitly clear that he wasn't available to post today.
3. He's not at L-1 right now.

Why are you assuming that he's currently crafting a fake claim when you hadn't been scum reading him previously? I actually have a lot of trouble believing this. :?
-Wickedestjr
Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #294 (ISO) » Thu Nov 16, 2017 4:51 pm

Post by Flubbernugget »

Wicked, I answered Danny's question somewhat implicitly. I pretty much flipped that part of my read on him once he cited I had his alignment backwards from the game I played with him.
Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #295 (ISO) » Thu Nov 16, 2017 5:01 pm

Post by Wickedestjr »

@Lalendra:

Generally asking someone to claim should be the last resort, when the town has decided that they are ready to lynch someone and their claim is the only thing that could possibly prevent their lynch. You shouldn't ask for a role claim unless people are actually on board with the lynch happening.

Also, how much time does Wossi need to see that he's the largest bandwagon? You are acting like he has sufficient time on his hands to defend himself just by noticing the wagon. It is really weird that you exhibited caution by refraining from voting early on but are now just ready to lynch someone for a post that was actually pretty reasonable.

Vote: Lalendra

Also can you explain why you are town reading Flubber? It doesn't make sense considering the rest of your comments about him.
-Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #296 (ISO) » Thu Nov 16, 2017 5:02 pm

Post by Wickedestjr »

In post 294, Flubbernugget wrote:Wicked, I answered Danny's question somewhat implicitly. I pretty much flipped that part of my read on him once he cited I had his alignment backwards from the game I played with him.
Ah okay.
-Wickedestjr
Sephiroth
Sephiroth
Mafia Scum
Sephiroth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #297 (ISO) » Thu Nov 16, 2017 6:12 pm

Post by Sephiroth »

In post 210, skitter30 wrote: This is how I feel about them too, and to a certain, but lesser extent, you and Seph as well. You're all pushing the right things imo, and taking reasonable positions. I'm just slightly concerned that I'm biased towards townreading all four of you because you're pushibg things that I agree with.
Honestly I feel like this hits the nail on the head for me and its what's bothering me about this game. A lot of my reads basically look like "acting rationally" or "not acting rationally".

With Wossi to me it seems the wagon is built on him holding a position that happens to be unpopular (lynch all liars) with this group of players more than anything particularly scummy that they've done. I dont think there was a significant shift in rhetoric between 34 and 37, since it all falls under the umbrella of lynch all liars which is not a novel belief. 41 just seems like he's making a joke about his random vote and its been read into like crazy. This isn't page
Its an older playstyle sir, but it checks out.
I mean I could respond to each specific post thats called out if people want but suffice it to say I just don't see what others seem to see in Wossi.
In post 205, implosion wrote:
Sephiroth wrote:Meanwhile Serg got jealous of lalendra and wanted my vote back. Surprised only Dany and Skitter have mentioned that raw L-1 vote. I dunno to me it seems like a much better wagon might be Mr. Tacos over here.
I mean, the reasoning here is obvious but. Do you think serg-scum is likely to put himself out there with the naked L-1 vote? I don't think serg-scum would see the mixed reaction he got to the miller fiasco and decide "hm, what I need now is to enshrine myself as the center of attention."
I haven't found serg's play to be especially rational throughout. I think this line of argument winds up being fairly wifom but for the record I don't think serg-scum was too worried about the consequences. They seem to have disappeared so perhaps they didn't expect this sort of reaction at all. Dude literally hasn't said a thing. Scum or town, that doesn't sound like heady play to me.

As an example of how this is incredibly WIFOM, here's you calling out wavemode for essentially the exact same thing you're employing here
In post 169, implosion wrote: Second is this:
All the nonsense Wossi is accused of, scum tend to specifically try to avoid doing, especially in the very early game... to avoid this exact situation he is in now
which is just like the most basic kind of too scummy to be scum argument.
How is this at all different than your defense of serg above? Bonus points: You use a similar line of reasoning in defense of serg way back in 83 as well. Its funny how this argument seems to consistently apply to taco but but if wavemode uses it to defend wossi its a 'basic too scummy to be scum' argument.

In post 211, Flubbernugget wrote: Sephiroph, what post are you arguing with tacos about? It's probably one of the early ones.
I think its pretty clear if you read my posts that I'm talking about his miller claim and subsequent failure to clarify if it was real or a joke.

Lalendra's vote might be the scummiest thing to happen so far. I dont think anyone thought that wagon was leading to an imminent lynch, so dropping the L-1 after it had just been criticized from Serg and asking for a claim no less looks really scummy to me. Lalendra basically just decided for all of us that it was time to end the day with a wossi lynch. Either her or Serg should be the ones being wagoned. I'm honestly going to be throwing my vote to whichever one of those two others are willing to vote. Let's make it happen.
unvote: serg, vote: lalendra

Come on guys let's have a real wagon!
You are just a muppet... You have no heart... and cannot feel any pain.
Sephiroth
Sephiroth
Mafia Scum
Sephiroth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #298 (ISO) » Thu Nov 16, 2017 6:14 pm

Post by Sephiroth »

Wow I fucked up that first paragraph royally. Here's what was meant:
In post 297, Sephiroth wrote:
In post 210, skitter30 wrote: With Wossi to me it seems the wagon is built on him holding a position that happens to be unpopular (lynch all liars) with this group of players more than anything particularly scummy that they've done. I dont think there was a significant shift in rhetoric between 34 and 37, since it all falls under the umbrella of lynch all liars which is not a novel belief.
Its an older playstyle sir, but it checks out.
41 just seems like he's making a joke about his random vote and its been read into like crazy. This isn't page 2 anymore. I mean I could respond to each specific post thats called out if people want but suffice it to say I just don't see what others seem to see in Wossi.
Sephiroth
Sephiroth
Mafia Scum
Sephiroth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #299 (ISO) » Thu Nov 16, 2017 6:15 pm

Post by Sephiroth »

OMG.

With Wossi to me it seems the wagon is built on him holding a position that happens to be unpopular (lynch all liars) with this group of players more than anything particularly scummy that they've done. I dont think there was a significant shift in rhetoric between 34 and 37, since it all falls under the umbrella of lynch all liars which is not a novel belief. Its an older playstyle sir, but it checks out. 41 just seems like he's making a joke about his random vote and its been read into like crazy. This isn't page 2 anymore. I mean I could respond to each specific post thats called out if people want but suffice it to say I just don't see what others seem to see in Wossi.

I suck I'm sorry this is the real deal. No Skitter did not say the above.

I'm going to sleep now.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”