Mini Normal 1964 - Hell Is 56k Dialup - Endgame!

schadd_
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
pandora's pukebox
Pronoun: he/it

Post Post #650 (ISO) » Thu Nov 23, 2017 12:03 pm

Post by schadd_ »

ooh wait no. maybe nsg then
free darius mccollum
todays featured user: mith

Srceenplay
Srceenplay
Jack of All Trades
Srceenplay
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #651 (ISO) » Thu Nov 23, 2017 2:04 pm

Post by Srceenplay »

Is this believable to people? ^ ^ last two
"A man can not be too careful on the choices of his enemies." Oscar Wilde
Katyusha
Katyusha
Mafia Scum
Katyusha
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #652 (ISO) » Thu Nov 23, 2017 3:19 pm

Post by Katyusha »

Shit, sorry, reading up right this second.

Thought I posted on Tuesday.
Katyusha
Katyusha
Mafia Scum
Katyusha
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #653 (ISO) » Thu Nov 23, 2017 3:24 pm

Post by Katyusha »

In post 560, northsidegal wrote:woah, i was just reviewing a bit more and this jumps out to me a lot. katayusha, can you explain your scumread on firaja? where does it come from?

i think i'll have a lot more to say after you answer.
He seemed hesitant to commit to any stance or point any hard fingers at anyone. That wishy washiness i feel usually comes from new scum who don't really want to stand out but want to at least seem like they're contributing. I tried poking him with my last question to see if I can get him to give a stance on something besides the cy/UC interactions he was focusing on for most of the game.

I'm going to try to start on a clean slate though with your slot since the break I accidentally took is kind of throwing me off.
Katyusha
Katyusha
Mafia Scum
Katyusha
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #654 (ISO) » Thu Nov 23, 2017 3:27 pm

Post by Katyusha »

In post 576, Srceenplay wrote:With this added in it just seems like they had an assumption bout a player and wanted to try to take advantage of it(them being new).
I mean, if it was me and I saw this with a “new” player, I don’t think my first reaction would be voting them as caught scum.
I think what you're picking up on is that it was partly a bluff - I did disagree with their stance and kind of felt it was in a scummy way but it's normally the kind of read I'd hold back on early game. I figured though pushing something to move the game along would help in some form.
Katyusha
Katyusha
Mafia Scum
Katyusha
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #655 (ISO) » Thu Nov 23, 2017 3:39 pm

Post by Katyusha »

In post 636, Espeonage wrote:Dude you were doing so well and then this. Bloody hell. Selective tells that don't apply to others is real bad. Like real bad.
trying to understand your transition in reads here - is the strength of your townread of firaja's opening post (which i really don't think had a townie tone but ok...) enough to counteract the scumminess of that post? your iso makes it kind of unclear
Katyusha
Katyusha
Mafia Scum
Katyusha
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #656 (ISO) » Thu Nov 23, 2017 3:41 pm

Post by Katyusha »

In post 651, Srceenplay wrote:Is this believable to people? ^ ^ last two
the content itself is genuine but the tone is particularly awful for schadd imo
Katyusha
Katyusha
Mafia Scum
Katyusha
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #657 (ISO) » Thu Nov 23, 2017 3:54 pm

Post by Katyusha »

Very Confidently Town
Jodaxq
- extremely genuine engagement, i still dont get wtf she was a wagon and will look here next post
Havo
- obvious town content
Srceenplay
- mostly a meta soul read, read on me is good albeit off
wavemode
- claim is town

Probably Town
Zachstralkita
- general mind meld but i havent been able to bait out the tell i have on him and when i try to read him wo it i generally fuck up :/
Espeonage
- cy was townie, dont like espeo as much and need more clarity
Transcend
- Lack of effort feels like his town lack of effort but bad read history (it's easier for me to pick up on obvscum!transcend than goodscum!transcend or town!transcend so i'm still a little hesitant to fully townread here without flips)
Keychain
- remember liking our disagreement early on but i've neglected most of the wall posts this game besides firaja's one and some of zach's

Lynchpool
Dunnstral
- literally undreadable unless he's hyperposting wtf
northsidegal
- firaja is still poopy to me and i have too many townreads to want to clear this up
schadd_
- gr0ss
Everyone Else
- has done nothing but take easy potshots (probably keeping up with the thread and cant find the right footing to get engaged. i would think town tries a little harder to get involved when they cant)

mostly posting so i can remember where my thoughts are before my reread

from the cold reading i just did joda went up to a strong townread so her wagon's something i want to look at, will probably try to stomach wallposts after that so i can dig deeper into key/zach because looking at my lynchpool i'm definitely missing something in the probably town list
Katyusha
Katyusha
Mafia Scum
Katyusha
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #658 (ISO) » Thu Nov 23, 2017 3:55 pm

Post by Katyusha »

In post 269, Dunnstral wrote:VOTE: Jodaxq

gut read scummy
dunn give me more here

can you recall what pinged your gut about her? like specific posts?
Katyusha
Katyusha
Mafia Scum
Katyusha
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #659 (ISO) » Thu Nov 23, 2017 3:57 pm

Post by Katyusha »

In post 648, KidAmn wrote:
Depending On The Length Of Time Required To Find A Replacement, And Given The Proportion Of Players Replacing In, A Short Deadline Extension Will Be Considered. Player Input Is Welcomed: I Need Something Funny To Print On This Next Lot Of Custom Toilet Roll.
forgot to comment on this, the game should just keep going at its current pace - i think the current replacements will keep up the pace and i at least trust dunn to make a better effort to get involved.
Srceenplay
Srceenplay
Jack of All Trades
Srceenplay
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #660 (ISO) » Thu Nov 23, 2017 4:00 pm

Post by Srceenplay »

In post 648, KidAmn wrote:
Depending On The Length Of Time Required To Find A Replacement, And Given The Proportion Of Players Replacing In, A Short Deadline Extension Will Be Considered. Player Input Is Welcomed: I Need Something Funny To Print On This Next Lot Of Custom Toilet Roll.
It’s day 1. So I would say not as pressing as a day 4.

Wipe with a roll of prod slips.
Katyusha
Katyusha
Mafia Scum
Katyusha
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #661 (ISO) » Thu Nov 23, 2017 4:05 pm

Post by Katyusha »

srceen can you explain why my "knighting" is scummy knighting and different from town defending townreads if i'm understanding your viewpoint correctly?
Srceenplay
Srceenplay
Jack of All Trades
Srceenplay
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #662 (ISO) » Thu Nov 23, 2017 4:07 pm

Post by Srceenplay »

I’m not confident enough to defend a town read this early. That town read should be doing it themself. Help me solidify my town read.

I’m sure scum are confident this early on who is town or not.
Katyusha
Katyusha
Mafia Scum
Katyusha
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #663 (ISO) » Thu Nov 23, 2017 4:16 pm

Post by Katyusha »

If I haven't brought it up these were some decent posts from Joda's ISO around that time:
In post 280, Jodaxq wrote:
In post 278, UC Voyager wrote: i havn't posted in a while!
You don't have to be a hyper poster to be active. You've been active enough to know what's going on. You responded quickly to the "is everyone an alt?" question even though you hadn't made an appearance since your opening distraction. You've been asking about some of the meme posting, and when people have called out your name you've responded rather quickly.
Just to be clear, none of these things are scummy in themselves, but they show that UCV is active and following along in this game. Since he is active and choosing to not scum hunt, I have my vote on him.
This is a strong town observation - someone who's going to be prodding everyone and trying to sort their alignments are going to notice things like timestamps and make the analysis to follow through with an alignment read
In post 328, Jodaxq wrote:I continue to be scum pinged by UC Voyager.
Transcend still seems town to me. His read on me is bad, but I've seen a couple of others with a similar enigmatic play style and they were all town. Plus, his posts have an organic feel overall.
I'm not really sure what schadd is doing at all.
The trans read specifically hits at the right spot. there's a self awareness i dont know how else to articulate about it that feels like she's fighting against an urge to scumread him over her dislike of his play, but recognizing it's NAI.

also my initial reaction to the fake dayvig (which are like the first joda posts i saw chronologically) was town. i thought the sassiness in "my thoughts are in the thread" is - in a good way - out of character for her. such a shift in persona implies that she was genuinely annoyed by the situation

just in general tho i tend to hard defend townreads so i dont really see why it's out of the ordinary. if someone's towniness is not shining through to everyone then someone might have to step in and show that alternative view. town is a team after all!

like i guess i get your point in that it would seem unnatural to defend a townread early when there's not enough content but there definitely is and was enough content to reasonably have a read on joda either way.
Srceenplay
Srceenplay
Jack of All Trades
Srceenplay
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #664 (ISO) » Thu Nov 23, 2017 4:22 pm

Post by Srceenplay »

Ok. Fair point. That was helpful
Katyusha
Katyusha
Mafia Scum
Katyusha
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #665 (ISO) » Thu Nov 23, 2017 4:27 pm

Post by Katyusha »

In post 646, KidAmn wrote:
Srceenplay (3): Jodaxq, Espeonage, Everyone Else
Espeonage (3): Transcend, Srceenplay, Keychain
Transcend (2): wavemode, Zachstralkita
Everyone Else (1): Havo
northsidegal (1): Katyusha
Jodaxq (1): Schadd

Not Voting (2): Dunnstral, northsidegal
First of all the current wagons are absolutely disgusting and i support none of the top wagons atp

I'll cave to Everyone Else to not get Espeo/Trans/Srceen lynched but that slot is better off vigged because I can't see scum finding it worth defending but that changes the instant i get off my ass and post a firaja case if this doesnt lead to a new scumread
In post 450, KidAmn wrote:
Jodaxq (5): Transcend, Dunnstral, Keychain, UC Voyager, Schadd (L-2)
UC Voyager (4): Firaja, Jodaxq, cytheflyguy, wavemode (L-3)
Firaja (2): Katyusha, Zachstralkita
Transcend (1): Everyone Else
Everyone Else (1): Havo
so it's important to note that everyone's voting here and only EE's vote is RVS - havent looked at mod iso while responding to srceen so im not sure if this is correct but i think this is the only time everyone is voting.

the UC wagon has decent composition as it is (Joda, cy, wave being decently strong townreads), so while my gut instinct is to say that nsg has a decent chance of being scum as a result that's obviously not always the case. {Zach, EE} are the only off-major-wagon slots that are worth looking into for scumreads though

the joda wagon is a lot weaker in towniness; trans key and uc are OK but i can absolutely see the first two as scum here. schadd and dunn are both bad slots though

the impression i get from this votecount as a whole (esp knowing that i'm town and havo being obvtown) is that scum gave the joda wagon its momentum. the UC wagon staying put for most of the game and the people committing to it being townie makes me think that scum are moving their votes and keeping up with the momentum while town is mostly sticking to their guns in this gamestate. i realize this logic probably doesnt make sense now that i'm writing it but i definitely want this vc revisited once zach, EE, nsg, or I flip.

i already asked dunn about his vote so i need more from schadd here
Srceenplay wrote:Ok. Fair point. That was helpful
forget if it's u or espeo but i think i have another question for you
Katyusha
Katyusha
Mafia Scum
Katyusha
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #666 (ISO) » Thu Nov 23, 2017 4:32 pm

Post by Katyusha »

nope it was espeo lol
In post 629, Espeonage wrote:
In post 99, Katyusha wrote:Ah, OK

I'm not really happy with the cy push in general since firaja supports it (besides me townreading cy)
This is bad posting. And exudes scum ego.
where are you getting the scum ego from?

early game logic at least for me is "slot i like being pushed by slot i dont like = bad wagon" so im not really sure why anything about my post there seems out of place to you
Katyusha
Katyusha
Mafia Scum
Katyusha
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #667 (ISO) » Thu Nov 23, 2017 4:38 pm

Post by Katyusha »

schadd can i get like a readlist from you because your trajectory feels all over the place to me from a quick iso

VOTE: schadd

i'll give nsg a chance to engage and do contenty things that arent walls since i still cant stomach this game's walls fsr (probably bc im not that into this game sorry) - schadd's voting history is pretty crappy though and im not getting much thought process here

EE is a valid fos imo but schadd is the same but better (scummier?)
Katyusha
Katyusha
Mafia Scum
Katyusha
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #668 (ISO) » Thu Nov 23, 2017 4:39 pm

Post by Katyusha »

Srceenplay
Srceenplay
Jack of All Trades
Srceenplay
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #669 (ISO) » Thu Nov 23, 2017 4:43 pm

Post by Srceenplay »

I’ll help

VOTE: schadd
Keychain
Keychain
she/her
Mafia Scum
Keychain
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #670 (ISO) » Thu Nov 23, 2017 5:17 pm

Post by Keychain »

Oh, Katya's back! Yay. Even if she doesn't read my posts :-( sorry for walling but it's how I try balance out my infrequent posting.

I really don't know what to do with schadd, he and Katya are on a similar level for me of "could go either way".

I'm sceptical of the wagon analysis. Looks too easy to manipulate as scum, and too easy to just see what you want to see as town.

@Katya: My notes are all on my computer damn it so I'm working from memory. But regarding Firaja - when I reread him the "wishy washiness" you mention in , which I also didn't really like earlier in the game, came across way more like an indicator of uninformedness than scum trying to stay below the radar. Like and , way early - that doesn't look like scum trying to look like they're contributing, that looks like town unsure of their reads.

Can I interest you in a Cy/Espeon case if I try and edit 50% of the words out of it after I write it the first time? :]
You're under no obligation to be the same person you were 5 minutes ago.
Katyusha
Katyusha
Mafia Scum
Katyusha
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #671 (ISO) » Thu Nov 23, 2017 5:20 pm

Post by Katyusha »

sure, go ahead with the case

also i swear i will read your posts at some point this game day!! im just in a half turkey coma rn (american, and it's late)

my Good Mood tm kicked in like a few days ago and i'm on a break so i should be able to do some shit before deadline~
Keychain
Keychain
she/her
Mafia Scum
Keychain
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #672 (ISO) » Thu Nov 23, 2017 5:30 pm

Post by Keychain »

Happy thanksgiving! I'll do that sometime this evening then, when I'm on my laptop. I can't really tell what's a wallpost while on my phone and I need to reference stuff.

You sure like those ™s, don't you? Though you've done yours with superscript.

TM
TM
You're under no obligation to be the same person you were 5 minutes ago.
Katyusha
Katyusha
Mafia Scum
Katyusha
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #673 (ISO) » Thu Nov 23, 2017 5:31 pm

Post by Katyusha »

™ on mobile or when there's something i can copy+paste, tm on laptop or desktop

and yeah i get you :up:

probably gonna sleep for real
Zachstralkita